So this might be the stupidest question ever, but should I get a fiesta ST or the focus RS?

So this might be the stupidest question ever, but should I get a fiesta ST or the focus RS?
The financially responsible thing is to get the fiesta, its about half the price and I've already test driven it and almost immediately fell in love. The dealership near me won't let me test drive the RS without a 30% down payment. So do I get the responsible car I can have fun in or do I buy into the hype and get all wheel drive and twice the power? I can buy the fiesta out right, but I'd have to finance about 13k on the RS
This will be my everyday driver, I have a jeep for snow and going Inna woods, and bike for when I want to go really fast.

Get the fiesta so you don't have to worry about the financing, then later on, since Ford's don't appreciate unless they're Gts, you can get an RS if you want. But that's just my opinion so you can blow it off if ya want.

It's this inner battle between the adult in me and the 11 year old who loves rice, I'm with you in going fiesta as to not have to finance. Guess I'm looking for an RS owner's opinion on if it lives up to all the holes and dreams

>The dealership near me won't let me test drive the RS without a 30% down payment
Do you look like a typical fuccboi swaglord or what?

I'm just a 22 year old white guy, I do go with my buddy in his Evo and not in my piece of shit jeep

If you arent going to take the RS to the track it would be a waste mang.

The Focus RS can be pretty annoying as an everyday driver. I'd only get it if you didn't already have a bike.

Ya no plans for track use, I just want to enjoy my 100 mile round to commute to work and running up the to mountains on my days off

Thanks for giving me the push for the responsible choice, next question is what color should I get?

What about a Focus ST?

>100 mile round to commute to work
jeebus cribes, get a fucking heavy ass, comfy sedan. DDing a fun/sporty car that far everyday will quickly get old.

It didn't have the same driving feel or personality as the fiesta. The focus made me grin, but the fiesta made me smile ear to ear

Fiesta ST owner here, agreed. My commute is like 16 miles to and fro and even I wish I had a car with softer suspension some days.

I would say don't get either because of how many problems Ford has with their ecoboost car. You could take that Fiesta money and get a good condition WRX

I own a Fiesta ST and have driven a friend's Focus RS enough to get a good impression of it. (I drove it on city streets to the freeway, 35 miles on the freeway to our favorite canyon road, a few runs on the canyon, and then back home.)

The RS is in a whole other world when it comes to being exciting. Just stepping on the gas in a straight line will put a grin on your face, it feels even faster than the numbers would suggest. The whole "driving mode" setup is great too, and it goes from comfy freeway mode to stiff track mode better than anything I've ever driven. (Including the F80 M3 and 991 GT3.)

The FiST, on the other hand, will be vastly more economical for your commute. It gets almost twice the MPG on the highway (I get around 38 when cruising at 75, while in the RS I couldn't get over 22) and uses cheaper gas. I also think it's a perfectly comfortable car for long drives, I had a 40mi each way commute to my old job and have done quite a few LA-SF trips in mine, and it's great. The Recaros really help if you fit in them, I'm 5'11" with a 34" waist and they're the most comfortable factory seats I've ever had. The whole point of the Fiesta ST is to be a commuter car with added "fun factor," and it does a great job of it.

One thing I really really disliked about the FoRS is the stop/start function. It's very badly implemented and actually stalled me out in the middle of an intersection at one point. (The light turned green just as I stopped, and the car turned itself off after I'd gone like 15 feet.) You'll probably find yourself making a habit of disabling it as soon as you start the car.

You can get a mustang GT for the price of an RS

Yes, but they're completely different kinds of cars. The Focus is more practical as a DD and it's more fun on twisty roads. I'd probably get the Mustang if I lived somewhere flat with straight roads and intended to track it, but the Focus is better for places with mountains.

Have you had any problems with your fiST? Anything that needed to be covered by warranty? Any oil leaks or burning? That is my really biggest hang up and the only reason I'm slightly considering getting another Corolla is all the supposed problems with the eco boost engines

Do the financially resolonsibke thing and don't buy a brand new cuck mobile
Instead buy a cheaper used proper sports car

I'm not a fan of the new mustangs, they look tame and less aggressive. If I was gonna go big v8 and rwd I'd look at the camero or the Mopar stuff

Get a fiesta brah I had the same debate and the Fiesta is just more fun, granted the RS is AWD but I'm in Florida so that wasn't a necessity. But based on fun factor, Fiesta all day

>poorfags justifying their shitty decision with meaningless subjectivism
A gutless fwd car is not more fun than a powerful awd car
Even if the awd car is a bucket of shit

not that guy but my FiST is at 34k miles with no problems

I'm due for brakes soon though

busriders who've never driven either car need not apply

Absolutely delusional

Sorry not sorry, but I drive proper vehicles
Not slightly hotted up fwd econoboxes pushed onto the faux enthusiast market targeting mcdonalds shift managers with $120 a week to spare on finance for a shitbox

>buying a eurocuck mobile
Just get a Mustang gt faggot

I have 45k and over 3 years on mine, and it's been great.

The only problems I've had are that the brake pads wear really fast when canyon running/tracking and that the stock wheels are too easy to bend. Neither is a huge deal, and I solved the latter by downsizing to 16"s, which had the side benefit of making the ride a bit more comfy too. (And honestly they weren't badly bent anyway, I only even noticed it because I M&B my own tires.)

You're missing the point of the car. It's not supposed to be a sports car, it's a DD for people who need an economical hatchback but like cars enough to not want to drive some bland gutless shitbox every day. My ST basically pays for itself in gas and insurance savings and lets me have a "proper vehicle" for weekends and trackdays. (AP2 S2000)

RS is too expensive for what it is. better options for a raceboy car in that price range.

Neither. Get the new civic type r you fag

explain

does it come with an automatic?

>t. busrider

it does not, 6 speed manual only

It's a super subjective thing, but the focus drove around like black lab goes for walks, he doesn't what he's told and is very week behave. The fiST drive like my puppy goes on walks, she's ready to run around and wants to see and do everything and never tires out

.....why?

Should've driven the Jeep.

Anything but the normal boring black, white, silver, and grey

Sadly that only leaves orange with the current year of FiSTs. They've had some really nice colors in previous years too (Performance Blue, that other dark blue, red, Molten Orange), I dunno why they got rid of them.

I kinda wish my ST wasn't black, it's boring. The dealer that offered me by far the best deal only had that, white, and pea soup green, though, and it was the last day of a big cash incentive thing so I couldn't shop around more.

Should have went in the jeep

I know that feel mine is boring black as well, it was the only one close to me for sale

shoulda got the green

Figured I'd ask in here, sorry if it's a little off topic... Fiesta SE/SES worth looking into for a daily driver? Selling my pickup for something more sensible, but don't want a shitbox

How does it compare to other similarly priced hatchbacks? I see a few locally for $5-6k with ~50k miles.

I like the white and the orange they offer on the FiST. I wonder if custom ordering on from the factory if they could do it in liquid blue or the nitrous blue from the rs

I would get the Fiesta for a fun daily. The real question is, the new 3-cylinder model? Or the outgoing 4-cylinder?

Nigger he just told you he drives a bumper to bumper 1 hr each way commute.

As his only car a manual fucking sucks in those conditions.

The new model does the memetacular gimick of using the speakers to pump artificial engine noise into the cabin.

Every car that does that is fucking retarded.

3 cylinder engines make my Weiner tingle, say with 5 cylinders

I mean you could probably just get it done at a shop, I just hate how expensive paint jobs are

wtf, why would anyone want this?

I would have considered a better green, but not the weird sickly one they offered. It looked particularly bad under the dealer lot lights, too.

A wrap might be an option too. I was in a fender-bender in mine that wrecked one of the fenders and scraped up the bumper and side, and I've been thinking about wrapping it instead of getting half the car repainted and hoping they manage to match the factory paint convincingly.

I'm half-seriously considering Grabber Blue, but that might be a step too far in the rice direction.

Only thing that sucks is that wraps don't last long and once they start to fade or rip it looks like cancer, I think the blue would be tight brah

>a wrx is even comparable to the godly FiST

are you high? wrx's don't even belong as far down as a fiesta st. FiST's are just meme cars that a small step above shitboxes. get some taste you fucking heathen

I'm with you on 5 bangers, but 3? I'd feel like I've lost half a testicle to :-(

How dare you post that camery! Wrx's are memes with decent awd. Recent model stis are short on performance. Let this meme die like the Evo did desu.

Go for the white Fiesta ST. The Focus is the better car but those finance sharks are cunts. I have the Fiesta and it's a blast. Same goes for the Cooper S btw but they're ridiculously expensive

White cars will look nice for years. But the FIST is basically a driving toy. What was your favourite colour when you were 6? Get that colour.

WHY MUST YOU AMERILARDS RUIN EVERYTHING???

Obviously you're not OP, because the Focus RS isn't available with an auto box.

They're different cars for different purposes. This has been said a million times, but the point of the FiST is to give you all of the advantages of a shitbox but with less downsides. The FiST runs cheaper gas than the WRX and uses half as much of it, and that's a bit deal for somebody like OP with a 100mi commute.

The ST also isn't that much slower than the WRX on anything but a drag strip, once they're up and rolling they're pretty closely matched and the difference in lap times is pretty small considering how much more you're paying to own the WRX.

DELETE

>viper manual only
>r35 auto only
>fastest European car auto only

Chiron is semi manual and I hate it for it. But I get it. You don't fucking stickshift a 1500bhp car which can change its own gears in .1 second.

The "stick" is so crucial for my driving experience though

>The dealership near me won't let me test drive the RS without a 30% down payment.

Shows how little confidence they have in it.

If your stuck on ford why not get a sho? It's awd turbo and cheaper than both those shitpiles

>The FiST runs cheaper gas than the WRX

Ford recommends premium for the FiST bro, probably gonna increase your chances of having a bad time if you don't

The owner's manual (and yes, the "ST Supplement" and not the basic Fiesta one) says straight up that 87 is completely fine but that you lose around 10HP compared to 91/93. I can dig it up and scan it tomorrow if the thread's up.

Gimme an hour or so, I can take a picture for you.

That would mean OP is actually grown up and don't want hopped up shitbox.

>heading to work in my cobalt ss
>guy in a hatch behind me
>full throttle in 3rd when I hit the highway
>he gets next to me and passes me
>does a quick right turn signal before zooming away
>fiesta ST

god damnit i never get beat on the 5am commute :(

should i upgrade? i should have more HP than him but this car's getting old so even a fiesta is faster now.

Jaguar's racing green, I'll probably end up wrapping in it a green as close to that if not that color all together

Dealerships near by won't let anyone test drive sti and rs. And anything fun.
You have to be older fart to even talk about it.

I drive 6 miles, but I drive my FoST on 6-14 hour road trips all the time. I am completely satisfied with what I get, I can go crazy enough during the best points, trust me.

>don't want a black car because everyone's car is black and it's boring af
>buy performance blue FoST
>"dude nice but why isn't it black??" -everyone ever all the fucking time

Posted mine in the FiST thread,
The orange looks great in the sun and under lights, looks like a funny red when it's dull outside. Pic related.

Spirit blue is nice, but it's not an ST exclusive if that's any importance to you.

Apparently the Fiesta ST comes with 197hp.
Fuck that's quite a bit considering how light that motherfucker is.

Could the 86 get anymore BTFO?

I had a Golf R for about 8 months.

It was really cool and the Fender stereo was really great but at the end of the day it was still a $50k golf.

You can test drive the Mustang to see if you like the power that much more than the Fiesta ST right? Same engine. The Golf R just has an Audi engine in it so test driving it is as simple as going to the Audi dealer.

My personal advice, unless you love the Focus, which some people do, is to get the Fiesta ST for half the cost.

The Fiesta ST is a great car at its price point. Its cool because its just a barebones car with a sporty engine.

The Golf R was a great car but it cost too much and I now drive an Audi.

Really, if you love Ford, I like the RS better than the mustang, and you could pay for it outright I'd say sure get the RS. But in your case I think the Fiesta ST is the way to go.

Fiesta ST is such a great Performance/Price ratio.

The RS, despite being a better car, doesn't have the price/performance ratio that it should.

The ST comes with the Titanium package with some sport bs mixed in and its a really nice interior for its class. You even get the 200 hp button which is good stuff for $20k casual fun driving on the road.

ALso, don't forget we are a few months away from the launch of mk VIII. You may want to wait or not wait for it depending if you like the new look or want to save on a mkVII

Also, get all the upgrades in the FiST. The seats are worth

*182 boosted to 197 for around 20 seconds at WOT. In the US this classifies the FiST as 197bhp, 182 in Europe.

Keyless entry is great too, not sure if it's ST3 specific though.

Keyless entry is standard

or at least it was in 2015

I think ford standardized it in 2014

how does that work is there a push to pass button on the steering wheel or something?

Keyless start is standard, keyless entry with the folding mirrors is an optional extra.

Kona blue desu

The boost is restricted through first and second to prevent wheelspin, but in third to sixth if you have the throttle wide open it boosts the psi of the turbo for at most 20 seconds, but resets when you lift off to change gear. Basically it means you get full boost if you're at WOT, but better fuel economy when you're at cruising speed.

Not a stupid question at all. I'd rather have the fiesta

Ah here we go, I found the PDF online.

This is in the '14 ST Supplement (which is what I have). The '16 version has a somewhat reworded copy of the same thing with more info about what NOT to use (E85 etc.), and the '17 doesn't even mention gas grade.

Why don't people get FoSTs?

>look 175% better
>bigger
>better power/weight ration

For 3k more. Then I guess you'd just pay another thousand and get a V6 Mustang so I answered my own question.

So why aren't you guys getting v6 Mustangs? You might even get laid in one of those.

The Focus being bigger isn't necessarily a better thing. You can absolutely feel the extra weight in corners.