Questions that don't deserve their own thread / QTDDTOT

How do i replace my blinker fluid, it's getting really low?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_oil#Group_III
youtube.com/watch?v=E6GsXhBb10k
s10forum.com/forum/f106/1987-2-8l-serpentine-belt-diagram-needed-517294/
longisland.craigslist.org/cto/6120453480.html
youtube.com/watch?v=F1toBJW_OXg&t=2s&list=LLgwOE-SDbktpkdBU3iAv7ZQ&index=85
youtu.be/smclDXdeO7c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>juice a carrot
>open the headlight access up like you're changing the bulb
>pour in carrot juice to cover the bottom with 1/4 inch of juice (this is critical, too much and the blinkers will be too orange)
>next, fill up a spray bottle with acetone and spray half the bottle into each headlight (this cleans the lines so fluid can reach rear blinkers)
>you're done, have a celebratory smoke.

>driving down road
>oil pressure at 25-30 psi
>hit redline in 3rd gear after a stop
>oil pressure down to 10-15 psi during pull
>stays around 5-10 psi when driving normally
ok, what did i break

how much does it cost to maintain/insure luxury sedan, say an audi a4, versus an econbox like a civic or corolla?

is this just marketing hype shit?

>rear suspension at normal height
>swaybar ball joints fall out of sockets
>barely any rigidity

Is ~3,5kg/whp a good power/weight ratio far a scooter?

To be more specific, I modified a electric moped to have over 15.000W or like 22hp.

If I buy a forged rotating assembly, how much additional prep is involved before I bolt everything back together?

If it has the same physical dimensions, you wont need additional preparations.
Since you most likely want to put more stress on the engine you should upgrade the bearings and use a thicker oil.

thanks m8

>How do i replace my blinker fluid
It's this joke again...

what is this?

Redpill me on the Mk 4 Mondeo Titanium X with the 2.2 tdci engine.
Is this a comfortable luxobarge or what ?

Driving a manual, what do i need to do so that when I stop at a red light or something I don't have to hold the clutch pedal and can just relax?

How do I know if I have a misfire? What am I listening for?

>What am I listening for?
Literally misfiring

when you hear it you will know. trust your instincts.

>he doesn't replace his blinker fluid

Put it in neutral

You shouldn't be in gear at a light for more than like 30 seconds you'll wear out your clutch quicker. It's not going to kill you doing it every once in a while but if you're always at red lights with your clutch engaged you'll wear it out quicker than by sitting in neutral with the brake

all you are going to get are anecdotes

supposedly clings better for protection at start up, god knows if it does

got some magnatec, labeled fully synthetic, to put in my car when I do an oil change on it, don't know what the garage put in my car when it was serviced

i believe magnatec synthetic is actually group 3 oil:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_oil#Group_III

Could bad battery terminals cause a parasitic draw and kill my battery?
Long story short I had both. It appeared it was a radio fuse but after replacing the battery terminal things and a new battery, I can't replicate the draw with a parasitic test. I'm wondering if it is the cd player and since I haven't use it yet, it's not doing it again.

Need a troque wrench, willing to a low range and high range force wrenches, any recommendations? I'm in the uk if that makes a difference

Any good introductions to cars and auto stuff lads? Like books or articles.

/dbt/ here. Need a fun and reliable hatchback to DD for under $10,000. Don't need MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE, just want a daily that isn't a shitbox.

Basically, what is the hatchback equivalent of the SV650?

YouTube is a goldmine

>YouTube is a panning for gold in a river of shit
Ftfy

For all your automotive written material needs:

i'm getting some interference through the speakers in my 2000 space wagon when accelerating hard, aka throttle depressed more than half way, just slight, barely audible interference but its there

also getting interference from windscreen wipers and thats a loud high pitched whirring noise alongside static, any ideas as to what could be causing it?

probably gonna take the radio out tomorrow and see if there is a loose connection but if its not that then do you lads have any ideas?

How bout a mazda 3 around 2012ish. I have one, nice and fun, good gas mileage, kinda weak(160ish) but comfy.

Some kind of hydraulic system, I assume it is the ABS solenoid array.

first time changing a serpentine belt

I can't locate the tensioner

2.8l S10 first gen w/ AC.

youtube.com/watch?v=E6GsXhBb10k

Would it cost more to rent a car from a place at an airport than it would to rent from a place in town?

What is good bantz against Hyundai enthusiasts

Call two of the same rental places in different locations.
Report back when you have an answer.

leave them be, their car is enough of a joke

Anecdotal, but I had loose battery terminals (terminals to wires, not terminals to posts) and it caused a crank but no start issue which seemed like a dead battery

scrap it, it's done

>I am a baby bird, please barf info into my mouth
>what is google?
>what are forums?
s10forum.com/forum/f106/1987-2-8l-serpentine-belt-diagram-needed-517294/
took less than 30 seconds, br/o/

they are immune to bantz, Driving a Hyundai requires thick skin

I've got an Eastwood MIG 135 welder and I just tried to switch from flux core to solid steel w/ gas. When I was changing the wire, I loosened the tension on the feed roller and pulled the old wire out with pliers so there's none left in the feed tubes or gun. It came out pretty smoothly. Now the new wire won't go in. When I put it in the tube beyond the roller it'll only go in like an inch and then it feels like there's something in the way. Turning it on and trying to feed it does nothing, the roller just slips. I tried adjusting tension both ways and it doesn't change anything. The manual doesn't mention anything about this and all the google results are people with broken feed motors or blocked nozzles, which don't apply to me. Thoughts?

Pic related, 4 is the feed roller, 3 is the allen screw holding it on so you can switch wire sizes (I have it on the correct size). The cone on the right is where the wire comes from the roll, and the cone on the left is what feeds into the tube/gun. When I stick it into the cone on the left, it gets stuck shortly after.

What is the larger capacity oil filter for a 5.9 Dodge engine?
For example, something bigger than a PH16.

Nevermind I got it, there was a small lip where the gun connects and it was stuck on that.

>you'll wear out your clutch quicker

No you won't. You must mean throw-out bearing. That's what you'll wear out by holding the clutch in for prolonged periods of time regularly.

But yes, just put it in neutral. desu I am surprised this is a question, but w/e

How can I get my fitment looking like this

It's a Volvo 300 series, mine is the 360 saloon

Looks the business

1/2

Stupid question, I've got an 87 pontiac grand am lying around that I got to run on starting fluid but the fuel pump is shot. Whats the cheapest way to get fuel to a throttle body type fuel injection system? I'm not going to drive it on the street at all but I just want something to mess around with on the farm.

2/2

My coolant reservoir is in between the min and max marks. The same with my shared clutch/brake fluid system. This is where it is suppose to be right?

How much should I offer?
longisland.craigslist.org/cto/6120453480.html

Trying to sort out a really bad oil leak.
Degreased the entire engine and ran it around for about an hour. Jack it up and get this.
Straight line of oil directly from crankshaft. Can't see any oil higher than that. Do you think this is a crankshaft seal? Are they a bitch to replace on I4 engines?

2001 Mazda Astina/Protege

I would not pay over 300, so maybe shoot him with 150 or 200 and see where he goes with it.
ťbh he should be paying you to get rid of it

extremely aggressive offset wheels, and possibly spacers aswell.

pic semi related.

no it's quite simple.
youtube.com/watch?v=F1toBJW_OXg&t=2s&list=LLgwOE-SDbktpkdBU3iAv7ZQ&index=85
there are better more thorough ways

yup, the coolant level will rise when the car warms up and goes back down as the engine cools down and siphons the coolant back into the system. If you're worried, you can always top them off to the max mark with no adverse effects.

Ah thanks man, I think it's been ages since my timing belt so I might just make a day out of it. Seems worth it for like $200.

Do you think that's where the leak is coming from though?

My brights are basically useless compared to my regular lights. I can't remember if it was like that before I replaced the bulbs though. Do they just need aimed or is there something else I need to do?

youtu.be/smclDXdeO7c

Went on a forum specific to my car and I'm almost completely sure that's it, thanks mate!

What's the difference between US and EU octane rating? Which fuels would compare?

>87US=95EU?
>93US=100EU?

95EU=91Us
It is usually 4 lower in the US scale than in the EU scale.

the correct name is RON and AKI senpai

ROZ if you live in germany...

Abs or old (diesel) fuel injection. If you have more than 4 cylinders obviously not fuel injection.. and if not diesel most likely not fuel injection.

>Could bad battery terminals cause a parasitic draw and kill my battery?
No. Parasitic draw us when amps leak out due to a short to ground or component staying on when it should be off.

Bad battery connections could appear to be parasitic draw as it would create resistance which may interfer with recharging and allowing enough amps to flow when trying to start the car.

Thanks br/o/s
Nice digits

(heil)
>quads of Hitler
>mentioning Germany

How do i find a reputable independent shop? I'm trying to get my timing belt done but there's no independent Volvo shops just some European ones.

Gb2

Check the relay and connections

My front right brake is sticking with performance oriented pads, I put new flex lines at all 4 corners and new front calipers but it's still happening. It doesn't happen with stock pads, could the pads be out of spec and causing the issue?

How hard is it to convert an AT car to MT?

I have a foot handbrake so I would also need to relocate that

Can I do this with literally zero tools or know how?

please guys im desperate to rage my dream

It makes more sense to sell your car and buy a manual version of it...

>zero tools
Do you plan on taking everything apart with your fucking fingers?

Not with it

Does anyone know what kind of angle a straight pipe muffler would have to be to mach the tube offset for a chambered muffler on a foxbody mustang? Needing to put together a cheap exhaust system that I can add tailpipes too at a later date. Not looking for chambered mufflers.

>Can I do this with literally zero tools or know how?
as with anything similar, of course not.

Are 03 Civics still reliable? I'm looking at buying pic related and the only bad I can find is about their transmissions. This one has 162k on it.

Any thoughts?

Hey guys I'm 21 and I work a minimum wage job since I was 18 mainly because I didn't know what to do with my life. Anyways I'm to the point in life where I'm saying fuck it and I'm going to a community college to take "mechanics" courses what am I in for and what are your guys experience as a mechanic like as of now?

Was driving earlier, and I started hearing squeaks at low mph when I was driving. Didn't hear it when I was pressing on the brake or breaking at all, really.

I'm guessing it's rotors/brake pads but I thought I'd hear squeaking when I press on the brake if that was the case.

Best case scenario:
>one of the belts is getting old
>belt tensioner bearing has pooped it self
Bad case scenario:
>water pump just shit out on you

If the water pump just shit the bed, wouldn't the car not run at all?

Car runs and drives fine. I can hear the squeaking coming from the back specifically.

What is the thing circled red and can it leak motor oil?

Sounds a little like a worn out bearing making noises.

I drive an Audi A4 and its front (right?) axles are squeaking whenever I have finished accelerating to 40km/h.
From there the squeaking gets faster and the gas pedal starts vibrating too.
When I drive 100km/h it sounds like a washing machine spinning really fast.
I'm scared of driving it
What could be the problem?

Can some one explain the pros and cons of using synthetic oil

how much does a car lift cost? I'm tired of using jackstands

Pro:
it's more better

Con:
it's more expensive

I hope this helps

I think you can get one at Costco for around 1800

How expensive would maintenance and repairs be on a used 2014 C300?

I'm getting new led bulbs(ones with heatsink and fan) and i know it won't fit with the dust cap on. Are headlight dust caps nessessary?

I own a 2005 c240 mercedes

You wouldn't need to move the e-brake

t. owner of a manual with foot operate e-brake

oil changes at the dealer are $5-700. if anything goes wrong, youre fucked.

so if I get a bunch of memebrand stickers on my car of which I dont actually have installed on my car

Am I like a mega poser or something

What's a reliable cash for cars service?

I have an 04 Ford Focus I just want to rid myself of and the batteries dead and I don't even wanna jump it to haul it over to carmax.

Sounds like a pain in the ass, I think I'll stick to Japanese cars.

yes.
junkyard or charity will pick it up. charity wont give you shit, junkyard wont give much more.

I'm finding myself not being alert enough while driving, just yesterday I almost ran into some people while I'm going through an unprotected left turn. Was too focus on on the bicycle that I forgot people can cross the road. I was really mad at myself for this kind of mistakes.

True but, Clutch plate can heat up and glaze the flywheel over time too.

Its akin to taking an electric sander and lightly going over bare metal, except its 10 times worse.

Either a camshaft position sensor or VVT solenoid.

and yes the seals around those things go bad.

Wheel bearing maybe

Get it fixed, wheel can fall off.

>He doesn't make his own blinker fluid

EXPLORER OR FORESTER

BRAND NEW

CASH

WHICH ONE??

This.
>no its too hard to mix distilled water and non-iodized salt, I'll just buy it at a 1,000% mark up
Fucking idiots

obv the Explorester