What are your thoughts on Uber driving, Veeky Forums?

What are your thoughts on Uber driving, Veeky Forums?

It's okay. Nothing crazy or bad about it.

i hate cab drivers so its great

Uber is lame but I understand why people would choose it.
I guess you don't make a ton of money most times and if you actually wanted to drive people around you would get a chauffers license.
Epitome of lazy millenial employment.

Rightfully banned here because it's a business model revolving around false self-employment, insufficient insurance and tax evasion.

becoming a uber driver in the netherlands is about as hard as becoming a regular taxi driver, so there is no reason to be a uber driver

I don't like the idea of strangers in my car

I think it's perfect. The rules are harsh enough that fuckbois pretending they're chauffeurs get deactivated and yet lenient enough that an uber is cheaper than a taxi

The idea is good, but the driving motivation behind it and the way it's run (putting virtually all of the operating costs on to the drivers) is fucked up and not something that I can really support.

I have nothing against the crowd sourcing of labor, but I do have issues with how Uber does it.

>yes little goy driving uber is a good way to fund a new car

But they only let you Uber if you already have a new car... So, seems pretty counter-productive.

>need a recent 4 door for uber
>lets get a brand new one and make the payments with all the uber money I will make

>this is how our youth that is already 6 figures in debt from student loans rationalize their purchases

Is it now.

I used uber for the 1st time yesterday and It was pretty dang cool. and CHEAP compared to a taxi

Cost me 7$ to go up the road 4.5 miles.

If it was a cab i would have paid 12 - 15$

I don't know, call an Uber and find out if they're still paying on student loans, a house payment, a car payment, and have a weekly meeting at Rent a Center to see if they need anything else for another $10 a week for the next 5 years

I actually wouldn't mind being a driver, I love night driving and besides dealing with drunk normies it would be a bit comfy.

Got another couple months til I'm on my full license though. I'm fairly sure the money is pretty bad as well.

for sand people and africans

Someone post the female uber driber candy bar pasta.

25-30 where i live

I hate it because I'm an autistic gunfag.

That story where the Uber driver used his lawfully carried handgun to stop a mass shooting ended up with him getting fired and Uber banning all drivers and passengers from carrying. Uber corporate would've been happier if that driver and his passengers got killed.

>hurr ur not allowed to carry a gun

t. your fictional boss at corporate HQ who would never actually have to enforce the rule, and the time he did have to enforce it, the consequence of being fired from a shit shady taxi job is a lot better than the death that was about to occur.

>been driving for Uber in Melbourne, straya
>first week went ok, got about $370 for driving a few nights on the weekend
>hear I gotta get an ABN and start paying GST as well as the 20% Uber jews out of every trip
>also hear online I should change my car insurance policy to cover ride sharing
>be with Coles insurance, full comp
>ring them up, ask if they cover ridesharing
>they say no, and I have 14 days to find another insurer that covers ride sharing

What the fuck m8s. Any of you m8s do this/have driven for Uber in Melbourne?

Did they just straight up end your insurance because you asked about this? What the fuck?

I think it works well as unemployment insurance.

You don't want drunks in your car.