Do you ever think about just getting in your car and leaving it all behind?

Do you ever think about just getting in your car and leaving it all behind?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w2D4iCzRW7E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

Literally every day. Last time I got 50 miles in a direction I've never traveled before.

Every single fucking day

oh yeah. in summer I'll drive out to a paddock like 20km away form where I live and just lie on top of my car and think about shit. I don't have the balls to just outright leave but I take solace in the fact that if I ever do work up to it I have the means of doing it.

one day you've seen all directions for the first 50 miles. On that day you start thinking about moving at least a hundred miles.

Every fucking day are you kidding me

Thats the plan for next summer.

Nah. You're all fags.

I've been thinking of exile. I've been thinking hit the highway and head up North. I've been thinking cross the bridge and don't turn back. The only warmth is a warmth alone

He packed up, took 75 northbound to a brand new life and waved goodbye to the world in the rearview mirror, saw it clearer in hindsight. The shape of its skyline traced in a flame from the windows ablaze, the people restless and the streetlights glowing like many beacons in the sea or like a lantern litf or the ones still lost out in the dead of the night
Like lightning striking darkness once, no thunder, no pain

Almost every day. I really want to go on a roadtrip to goddamn nowhere.

Sometimes I turn my phone to silent, put on some eurobeat in my 86 and just find a deserted backroad and see where it goes. I just go where the twisties take me and once I'm down to 1/3 of a gas tank, I turn on Google Maps and let it guide me back home. I'll fill up and go home and when the bitching about where I've been starts, I just answer "gas station".

Like a river that don't know where its going? Take a wrong turn and just keep going? Yeah. Sure.

Yeah, but its the same shit everywhere you go and IDs and passports don't really help because you can't leave your past behind.
Plus you're on facebook and all those people see you checked in to somewhere in Toronto and if you don't post they just think you're an asshole and don't care about them.

Once you're in, you're in for good.

Yeah. A lot, actually.

I always love the idea of this, but it never works for me. I'll either end up going down some boring, dead-straight A road or in Swindon. Last time I tried seeing where the road took me I ended up at the same roundabout three times. Kind of ruins the fun. Maybe if I had a car that was a bit nicer to drive it would be better. Maybe if I had a better sense of direction and didn't always loop around back to my house. Maybe if the roads near me were more fun. Oh well.

Grab a map and plot out a route to somewhere you've never been.

Not like a GPS, telling you where to turn. That's no fun. An actual roadmap (they still print these, usually they're available from local gas stations or tourism offices) and just remember where you're going. Then, when you get there, just keep driving.

no, my bf wouldnt want to move

Do this.
Here's what you do bet a compass, pic related.
Get a map, atlas, big guy.
Set the compass to your estimated tank of gas(there's always a scale on those map things, something google doesn't like to do).
Set one point of the compass on where you are, make the sweep, pick a town in that radius and go there.
Do it again when you get to that town but don't go home that would be stupid.
Get a bite to eat in a diner, bring the map with you and ask the waitress which direction is best to go when you have no direction at all.

Used to, but fuel is expensive and I have nowhere to go. Can't just walk in off the street and get a job and housing in a strange place, and my motorbike doesn't fit in the car.

I settle for getting in the car and leaving everything behind for a few weeks a year, before coming back again.

Alright, I'll get myself a road map and try that next time. Thanks for the tip user.

tfw country is too small for this shit

every day I wanna do it, but 800km is like 1/3the length of the country

lmao, you should've been everywhere then.

I can reach every corner of my country with like half a tank. It's not an efficient car and it doesn't have a particularly large tank.

everywhere on my island, most of the north island too but its fucking stupid up there

Do you live on a island or on a continent?

Maybe he's from Monaco?

Monaco is in the Schengen area isnĀ“t it?

Who here has slept in the back of his car because he couldn't get home in time and went to work the following day without taking a shower?

I slept in the driver seat of my car once because I was too tired to keep driving.
But it was only for one hour...

If I could get a decent remote working job, I'd get a sat uplink, a thinkpad and a van and never stop driving.

SUNSET

NO REGRET

FIRST CHANCE, LAST DANCE

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE

youtube.com/watch?v=w2D4iCzRW7E

you can reach the other end of monaco just by falling out of your car lmao

Did this a few years ago. Turned into a trip to Florida. Some nights sleeping in a car is p rough.

I live in GR lol

Stop making these shitty threads you fucking faggot

Everyday to escape my parents' shame.

I assume you're from UK if you're the same person who mentioned Swindon. Just catch a ferry to France (not Calais), avoid the trucks of peace and just start driving. We're not out of the EU yet so your passport is enough to go anywhere you want.

Get european breakdown cover with proper recovery, get as far as you want, pull a couple of fuses and get a free ride back home.

Or just go drive the evo triangle or something, jesus. There's plenty of places in this country to get lost in.

Get a boat or ferry your car to the nearest mainland and start from there.
You can travel across borders, bronan.
Imagine living in a country where you can drive for thousands of miles and still see the same fuckheads and everything is essentially the same.

Nah, NZ sadly.
I'll admit that we have some good week long roadtrips, but its quite hard to get lost unless you really try in a couple places like the mountain basins etc.

All the time user, all the time.

Especially on my way into the off I. The morning.

I have enough money in savings that I could just go. I could probably make it a year or even a little more living out of my car without any additional income.

I did it once before, on a motorcycle, when I was 19. Spent 5 months on the road, with nowhere to be.

I. I just don't know what to do any more.

If mountains are your thing then get off the roads.
If I was surrounded by water, I bet my interests would be more in boats.

>tfw I want to go see places around me but my job keeps me too busy to go far from home
>tfw I need a job to pay for gas
>tfw I need gas to go see places around me

It's a frustrated kind of feeling.

I might even do something like that since I study mechanical engineering...

I don't think about "leaving it all behind" really, but random road trips are great

>Tfw no beautiful twisties surrounded by mountains to rip through where I live.

>tfw no license yet

Yeah, but I would run out of gas in 300km.

bruce

This is typical for people with debts

I believe in you, user. I thought I'd never get mine, but just practice and everything will be fine.

no because i'm not an angsty teenager

dw user, im always grateful for them when I rip through in the tourist off season.

Holy shit. Welp I'm buying an atlas and compass this morning.

What car are you driving?
Even electric cars can go further...

I live in NC and I constantly think about packing up my car and driving west until I cant go any further

I've always wanted to drive from Melbourne to Darwin or something. Experince the middle of Australia

Get stuck in the desert? Ever see that movie wolf creek?

Not him but my NA miata gets about 300-350 per tank once it hits E.

>travel 50 miles
>break down
>call AAA
>stuck back at home

My car only has only 35L of gas and gets at least 600km...

North or South Island? There are plenty of places up north that you can get lost in. I once drove all night starting in Auckland city and and ended up in hamilton somehow. Never once saw state highway 1.

D-do a hektik skeedz for a bro when you can ;_;

Miata NA has about the same but it's an inefficient, detuned ex-turbo block with heavy-footed drivers.
I can get 400 when it hits E easily if I'm doing open road driving.

There are a few nice roads up north. Coro loop, Piha stints, the gorge between auckland/tauranga.

Now that I think about it, aside from coro, there aren't that many over 10 minutes long and don't have scalloped to fuck cheese-grater roads.

I can do 800km, 1000km should be possible as well when I try to hypermile it...

Well that's just ridiculous, what car is it?
The only car I've owned that can do over 400km on a tank was my RS4 Stagea, and that thing almost ran me broke on a weekly basis.

Peugeot 107 1.0 VVT-i

>did this
>found some incredible nice road
>it was meant to connect to a road that goes past a lake
>road suddenly turns to dirt
>not just dirt but extremely bumpy rocky dirt road
>shocks are working over time
>everything in the car bouncing around
>slow down to 5mph but everything is still bouncing like crazy
>there are houses and people live on this road
>in disbelief of how any car can tolerate this amount of bump

Literally an econobox hyper-runs-on-oily-rag-miler car, so not terribly surprised.

It only has a 35L (~9gal) gas tank...

Yeah but it gets a billion km per liter because it's so efficient.

in the south, but the times ive driven in the north its been pretty shite, only places I liked driving in were like 2 hours inland from hastings, and along the kapiti coast.
will do bro
I can do about 800 in old 220E, and I could do 700 in my suzuki swift which had a 35l tank

It is not just the car, it is the driver as well...

Not really. Still only a small margin.

Well, there are hypermilers that get 50mpg out of old trucks...

it can be quite a lot, I could do 700km on that swifts tank, but my sister driving the same route would be luck to get 400km

Every day, but I am poor as fuck, my car is thirster than that one milf at the local pub and petrol is stupid expensive in yuropooristan

Low financial overhead. I only need to set aside about $20/w for petrol, but I can easily spend $200 and not have to accommodate bills

Leaving it all behind? Running in the night with you?

well i do it so fucking often. And a miata dont drink that much so its okay i guess for my thin wallet.

just came back from a drive lads.
put some gas in it and drove outside of town to explore, took a route I never took before and it somehow led me to a nice touge road I've been to before so I consider it a win win.
Ran the touge back and forth, came back, got myself a cheap energy drink, chilled for a bit, now back home.

I'd say it was a day well spent for 10euros worth of gas.
And damn I love that road, I was the only car there and it felt amazing.

What comfy driving have you done today or recently mates?

All the time. I also keep cash on hand in case I ever decide to just leave and never come back. I know I'll never do it, but knowing that I can is comforting.

I moved up 50 miles at a time. Currently at 300 for roundtrip.

>life is shit
>partly due to not having a college education
>mostly due to me being incompatible with everyone I meet and simultaneously desiring and loathing socialization
>NY state (where I live) just created a program where you can attend a SUNY for free if your family earns under 100k
>I live alone and earn 19k
>stipulation that you have to stay in NY for the number of years your degree took after completing it, or else it turns into a loan you'll have to pay back
>I could finally get educated and do something better with my life at no cost, but I'd be stuck in this hellhole for another 8 years, 4 minimum
>the urge to sell all my belongings and leave my life behind grows every day
>maybe if I was actually making progress I wouldn't feel these urges and it'd all be okay
>but what if I do the program and get stuck here and nothing improves

Ayyy, just did the Mt Nebo loop near brisbane at 11pm. Tfw only car for 50km of twists back to back.

honestly one of the best feels in the world tbqhwufamiglia
my road had a stretch of 14km so 28 back and forth.
muh brakes doe and muh lack of tyres...

My car is like my own personal universe
She's my drug and it only takes twelve bucks to fill 'er up
But in my galaxy there ain't no room for Earth
So I'm leavin' it cause I can feel the oil pressure building up
Turning over the ignition of my solar system
Check the gauges, push in the tape, put my foot on the brake
Shift existence, light my cigarette
And take it state to state until I crash into my fate

This may sound like heresy, but I just sold my car quit my job and now im off to adventure in India and SEA until y'know, whenever.

If you have the feeling, just drive my man.

take a risk faggot

geez

its not like your life can get much worse, debt is the american national sport.

Don't cry, girl, I'm out and I'm a make my way east
Cause everyone in my world is takin' my peace
I need release, and I don't think I'm a find it between your legs
I'm just joking, only going to the corner to get some eggs
So when she starts makin' the coffee I toss my bags in the back seat
And I can remember it all like it must have happened last week
Sometimes I stop to think, for all the money I've spent
How I'd rather live in a tent than bust my ass and pay the rent
But I'm eager to pay my dues, and I'd be glad to pay the tollbooth
And I've agreed to sing the blues ever since the day I broke loose

I just paid off my loans from the first time when I dropped out of college. I've been debt-free for a couple weeks.

My dude if you make that little money you can almost certainly attend a SUNY/CUNY for free or almost free with financial aid alone, so long as you don't live on campus. I refused to let Gov. Homo cuck me into staying in this shit state by bribing me with gimme dats, paying/borrowing is still worth it imo.

I like to study google maps satellite imagry and topography maps near me.

You can see the parts that are in the woods, through hills, along rivers, or anywhere else scenic. Also, I try to go on rural back roads through tiny towns I'd never have a reason to go to. Anytime I drive on any road I've never driven in before, it's a positive for me.

Generally, the less straight the road, the most fun it is to drive on. Just find where it's least flat with the elevation filter on google maps, even straight roads will be fun there.

I love in North Florida too, it's not like I'm in some place like Colorado. Very few areas are TOTALLY flat, the Miami, Savannah, and Houston areas are examples of true flatness. Most of the East Coast is rolling hills or part of the Appalaichians once you go a little inland from the coast. And of course the West Coast is pretty much nothing but interesting geographical features.

Nyoro~n.

good taste in motors my man

SOMETIMES I JUST WANNA DRIVE UNTIL THE STREETS RUN OUT...

Come to top of tambo shell 10:30 friday and race me down, my only condition is we synchronize the eurobeat blasting out of our windows

Yeah ok acting senior sargent dick head.

Having late night cruises is enough for me.

I also live in GR. Where at?