/mcg/ Minecraft General

ComfyBlock edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]==

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/psispellcompendium/top/?sort=top&t=all
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2724732-realisticlivestock-mod-new-models-for-vanilla-farm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

THIS IS THE END

MY ONLY FRIEND

THE END

noot.
jetpack armour has been fixed

Can anoyone help me? I lost a Shulker box full of stuff on my vanilla save, sadly I noticed this after walking more than 1500 blocks. Is there a fast way to search this area for shulker box (map editor) so I can find it easier?

Pic: Chickenrock

Probably?
Why are you playing vanilla?

Because there are no mods that are changing what I want from play.

That's literally impossible.
Mostly because vanilla is a hodgepodge of shit and doesn't play any way wereas mods actually have some kind of direction.
Also the thousands and thousands of mods out there.

Are there any european servers where you can actually do some sort of multiplayering or is everyone on these servers just generally focused on their own thing?

Joining up with another user is as easy as asking, most people are willing.
Serbs are ded as fug right now though.

So find me a 1.11 mod that:
>Makes animals male and female
>Adds some new crops
>Animals needs food to give products
>Chees and Wine making but not complicated ( 3-5 steps max.

So what was going on with that beta Minecraft server? The one that was on /v/ a few days ago.

TLDR: I need a program that will SEARCH for me for shulkerbox.

>restricting yourself to one version
>and the newest version at that
Retard.

Mo' Creatures has male/female animals but barely works because literally no one gives a shit, farmfags are a nonexistent demographic.
There are tons of crop and food mods including fatcraft, apple milk and tea/bamboomod and its successor for meme versions, growthcraft, etc.

>animals need food to give products
This is the only thing I'm not aware of existing because it'd most likely be too hard, and no one cares.

MCedit

I am animal person and I LOVE llamas ok?
I loved Mo Creatures when theyre were simple, now they are barrely fit to minecraft and have tons of stuff I don't care about.

WHat is the newest version of MC Edit? And closed Shulkerbox counts as block or entity?

www.mcedit.net
Most likely a block.

>farmfags are a nonexistent demographic
Honestly? I blame HarvestCraft. I mean, why improve farming mechanics when you have a mod that just adds a bajillion different copy-pasted crops and microcrafting food options?

I really wanted to like Harvestraft but it's very bloated with stuff I would never use, and no wine/milk making which is the comfiest shit for me.

Stardew Valley mod when?

And literally all of them are retarded.
>want some juice? Take this juicer with you, then find an apple, smash them together and you'll get a bother of apple juice
>want to fry something? Take this frying pan, a bunch of random ingredients, glue them together and there you go!
Why couldn't it have been one of the few mods that add cooking mechanics that got popular? Why did the wheat reskin bloat mod, made by an obese blob of lard who asks for money every week get popular instead?

>Stardew Valley mod when?
Harvest Festival, but it's still a major work-in-progress. Honestly, Joshie should just make his own Harvest Moon clone, once the hype surrounding Stardew Valley dies down. He seems to have a pretty good grasp on the mechanics.
Cooking For Blockheads kind of fixes it, but yeah, really wish we didn't need a minimum of three other mods to make HarvestCraft bearable.

how do you guys progress through a modpack? do you guys have a todo list? and end game goals?

>but it's still a major work-in-progress
Will anything ever be finished? Or is this the curse of our time?

You can search for both entities and blocks, and working on vanilla means that the search shouldn't last that long.

Speaking of farm shit, why is there no mod that has good watering cans
None of them have models, and practically all of them are just cheaty bonemeal replacements instead of an alternative to the retarded vanilla watering mechanics

Also why do so many mods lean so hard on the standard industrial crops and barely any ever touch growing flowers and shit

Ok instaled, where I can find search option?

>Wanted to try Botania
> It has like 3 actual herbs and you can't even grow them on ordinary dirt

HF looks nice!

Yeah, botania is cancer
I used to just install it because I'm an autist and really like a good in-game book, but then that got filled with cancer too

The thing about botania is that from it's base concept, it's a tech mod disguised as a magic mod with a nature theme, which means that unless you're into that specific thing, everyone who tries the mod is getting bamboozled out of something they thought they would like

You know what I want more? Fire prevention systems.

It baffles me that none of the famous tech mods have a system to put out fires. Imagine if you can stick a sprinkler on a Liquiduct or EIO Fluid Conduit which puts out fire blocks it detects over a sizable area while consuming 500 mB per operation. Closest we have are Openblock Sprinklers and ExtraUtils Watering Cans.

For magic mods, not even Botania has a flower that puts out nearby flames, and you cannot use the Frost wand focus from Thaumcraft to snuff out fires. Most mods resort to just immunize players from fire damage while fire itself remains a destructive force whenever you want to build things out of wood or something flammable.

Help anyone? I read I may need a special filter for that?

Just reminded me of the time I was messing with Equivalent Exchange stuff and I accidentally burned down my sweet magic treehouse. Magic sprinklers would have been pretty useful

Gotten a lot done today. Electrical lab is constructed and functional, still pulling a steady supply of power from the windmill with two steam engines to supplement feeding to a 3 million RF buffer at the moment, a good start.

Last thing this room really needs is an inscriber, but that's gonna need stuff I can't make yet, namely resonant ender and I don't have any good source of pearls to start on that.

Are there still any nice little servers like in >_beta 1.7 days?

I think that's enough for tonight. I'm off to bed.

You behave yourselves, /mcg/

heat& climate mod

I usually make a base first while making ghetto setups for mods I need items/tools of

When I finally get the base ready I move those ghetto setups into the base and polish them so they look neat and work

HQM helps with progression

ded

Is Psi really as OP as people make it out to be?

Only if you copy spells from the internet
vazkii said the mod rewards you for creativity instead of time invested or grind like most mods

reddit.com/r/psispellcompendium/top/?sort=top&t=all

All I'm really seeing here is shitty versions of flight mods. Really doesn't seem as powerful as people make it out to be.

one guy on my server made a ticon hammer out of it that mines instantly

pft quarries my dude

quarries are anti fun

quarries saved minecraft

Any way to make Biomes O' Plenty fuck my fps less? DOes removing biomes help?

Vazkii says lots of dumb shit.

remove every mod
problem fixed

wew
I can play 60 mods no problem but if I try BOP by itself it shits all over my PC

Do you get lag when generating chunks or just sitting around in existing chunks?

just by having the mod
also crashes and freezes
was playing with the same setup minus BOP until now with no problem

here's what you can have on the good version.
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2724732-realisticlivestock-mod-new-models-for-vanilla-farm

How do I add a sense of adventure to my game?

add ruins, dungeons and a mod to improve villages/villagers?

mystcraft + warpdrive + some mob mods an whatever else you want
travel the galaxy discovering new weird places and blasting aliums to bits.

lots and lots of fucking work
Just become autistic and play with engineering virtual lego, it's easier and more worthwhile.

So I bought minecraft back in 2011 but I haven't logged in for a few years now. Tried to log back in and now all I can play is Demo mode? It still recognizes my account but acts like I never bought it. I went to the website and follwed some steps to migrate my old account over and when I entered my info and tried to to do that is says it's already been done. Yet I still don't have my game. What the fuck? When microsoft bought them out did the cancel out everyone who purchased it before? Am I going to have to pay for it again to actually play a game I already fucking bought?

Not fan of those models but MAN that's looks like my dreams!

Those all sound like excellent questions for Mojang customer support, not random spergs on /mcg/.

for the crops and the booze (and maybe the cheese?) i can also suggest growthcraft (there should be a good version after the fluid changes and before the community bullshit)
and most importantly, AMT2 (apple milk tea 2)

We're just 60 posts into the thread, a topic is needed.

Everybody knows that TCon can be broken shit. People craft Crossbows that can one-hit Withers, and a good Cutlass means you're nigh-untouchable on melee. But TCon tools and weapons can also be worse functionality-wise, and powerful tools from other mods can also be worse than TCon equipment.

Anyway, what is your current choice for tools and weapons in your last played modpack? And how does it fare against what TCon can offer?

Currently, I just swapped out my decent TCon Hatchet with a Terra Truncator. It's way more expensive than an Axe of the Stream, but can repair itself. It also beats a TCon Lumber Axe for destroying leaves too. On the other hand, an Elementium Shovel is worse than a TCon Shovel because the former lacks finesse. You can only break down pillars of sand, and it's shit at detailing terrain.

Wasn't there an user-made fork of Magneticraft with the FMP dependency stripped out?

Noob question, how do I use the Gadomancy golem break core? How do you give the golem tools?

It's pretty much a mix of ComputerCraftEdu with Ars Magica 2.

Could someone suggest mods for

>Improved textures
>NPC villagers
>Quests/Improved RPG elements
>Enhanced villager AI and options
>Anything which makes a walled city more realistic

No, there was one made by Magneticraft devs for BTM on my personal request but that's about it.

don't play minecraft for adventure. play it for automating and building things.

if you want adventure try terraria.

>NPC villagers
Custom NPCs
>Enhanced villager AI and options
Witchery adds a chance for a vanilla village to become a walled settlement. Villager Guards with twice the health of normal villagers also spawn to assist Iron Golems (or worsen things further).

Also, Witchery changes villagers so that they actually fucking sleep at night. Yep, yet another mod one-ups Vanilla in a game feature.

>Improved textures
I assume more blocks to build shit with, so Chisel should be the one you're looking for.

FTB

I don't know if it was an user who made it but someone did post it in this general a month or two ago and I downloaded it. Still have it I think, although I haven't bothered starting a world with the pack I was making.

Also I remember someone saying it has a few issues because it was "rushed", like missing recipes for a few items that you'll need to fix with minetweak.

Thanks I'll look those up.

What I really meant by this was if I were to build a medieval city with dozens of buildings, each with a purpose, which mod would best realise that? I want it to be so that I can work multiple professions along NPCs and gather most resources just as a citizen of the town, never leaving to mine.

>Improved textures

More blocks is definitely part of it so I'll check that out. I also meant in terms of aesthetics, John Smith was one I liked the look of, are there any others you'd suggest?

If you have a modern rig does it matter if a pack requires FMP or not?

I played this game a lot, never bothered to buy it though, what benefits do I get if I buy it?

Witchery is the mod that adds the walls to villages? Holy shit I love Witchery now.

>it's a "I want to turn minecrap into a rpg" episode

You mean everything that happened to Minecraft since Beta 1.8?

I use Hammerz and TC4 tools, never missed TCon.

It's for educational play purposes.

That bee angry server modpack does not work. Crashes during launch

recommend me some mods for the ultimate autism experience/factorio 2.0

FTB

factorio

Ok I understand that infusion altar-type progression gates are fun and probably easy to implement, but I'm getting kinda tired of seeing the same infusion setups everywhere.

I use TCon because holding enchanted tools murders my FPS and that sort of shit doesn't happen with them.
Fucking Mojang how the fuck did you manage to fuck an overlay up so hard.

how do i into thermal expansion/ae2
can't find any decent wikis/guides

if these are shit and outdated, what are the current top tech mods?

>make first world, see Techguns buildings spawning everywhere, make them twice as rare
>make second world, see Techguns spaced just perfectly apart, leave configs like that
>make third world, see barely any Techguns buildings at all
For fuck's sake

What shit should I turn off in FTB beyond? Any definitely shit mods no one likes?

delete beyold
install infinity/any other FTB pack

Any good places to find inspo for structures?

google pictures

So infinity evolved? Open to recommendation for other packs. Haven't played in a while and starting a small game with friends.

Why Is Witchery so amazing Holy Shit.

start with 1.7.10 infinity then

That's precisely why the updates have been so shit. Instead of embracing and using its potential to the fullest, they've been trying to make their own half-assed "rpg".

There's a reason why tech mods and such are so popular. They play very well with what's already there. You've got a world that's made of fully destructable/buildable cubes. And there are already bits and pieces of stuff like mining, building, and an inventory system. Someone just had to expand upon these.

But no, you gotta have all dem edgy monsters and swords dude, because minecraft already has a proper combat and skills system, right? Well, if you count pressing m1 or grinding xp for hours to get Bane of Arthropods IV as a good "rpg" system, sure. Any mods that expand upon these are also the same. Just more ugly mobs and reskinned swords, so you can live the amazing "rpg" experience for longer.

Don't even get me started on those npc villager mods. They're always buggy, fps killing, underwhelming, or a combination of those.

Cool, appreciate it.

you don't
they are boring shit and you should be using autism walls+IE+Buildcraft like everyone else

Is there a simple tech pack that is factorio-esq

>What shit should I turn off in FTB beyond?
FTB.