/ndg/ Nier/Drakengard General #21

Route U: 2B[U]TT

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>"What is /ndg/?"
A place to talk about Nier, Drakengard and Taros games

>[Official Nier:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[Important information]
nier.wikia.com/wiki/NIER_Wiki

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[PC/STEAM VERSION RELATED INFO]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>General Options & Improvements Pastebin - Performance, Graphical, Trainer, Etc:
pastebin.com/niFbTsDF

>Fullscreen Fix
pastebin.com/YKpYSJuX - oldish
pastebin.com/1GXugbKM - newish

>PS4 Controller Button Prompts
community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/870-nier-automata-dualshock-4-button-prompts/

>"What Happened before Nier: Automata began?"
blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/10/heres-what-happened-before-nier-automatas-story-began/

>[Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia - Untranslated]
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE]:
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[NieR: Automata OST]
>NOTE: Many stage songs do NOT have Vocal versions in order to shrink download size and instead have a Vocal Only files. DIY for now.
mega.nz/#!YsxQyS4K!RnBQvfRRW4O4cunf0ftWs1TWNBMBg6uLdLcU0QO_JXk

>[The Weekly 2B Butt .Zip Download - Lewds and Non-Lewds]:
twitter.com/2b_butt

>[NieR: Automata Steam Theme Download] -updated with dark theme:
pastebin.com/mwcg6Pnx

Previous Route:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1qlull1ebwI
youtube.com/watch?v=mgYxwe2FWEY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why did the OST feel so weak?

Second for confused feelings

vocaroo.com/i/s1qlull1ebwI

This is blatantly a manah expy, any other theory on her design base is just ignorant

Well yeah everything down to the male voice. The machines were just copying what information they found. Everything in Automata is just things that have happened before.

Ending f[u]g :DDD

The question is, how do they know about the cult leader? Does watcher influence just always take the form of little girls?

I liked it.

So it's not just me? I even kept my expectations down because I knew nothing can match the original.
I'd put it on par with DoD3 but don't think anything from Automata beats Black Song, This Silence is Mine and Final Song.

Track that stood out the most and probably my favorite is the one you encounter the cult robots with Pascal and need to escape.

>Nier automata 2

I MISS TOOBS SO MUCH
I'm sorry I said she was boring, she was cute, and happy Nines was cute, and the but was cute tooI want Toobs backREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

have they managed to fix drakengard 3 running like a leaky toilet yet or am i out of hope?

Legit think it's stronger than nier. And that's without giving it time to breathe, which makes this kinda nusic much better.
Probably my soundtrack of all time

What's the best way to make money if they patched reselling materials on the PC version?

Not weak just not as good.

Just wait for emulator

Exactly my thoughts on the ost. Like it's great on its own but compared to other games from the series it falls a bit short. DoD3 definitely was more memorable and gave me stronger emotions.

If you're gonna cheat anyways why not use a cheating program?

>Okabe can never top Shadowlord, Ashes of Dreams and Final Song

but i have a ps3

If you can't tell the difference between an in-game method and using an external cheat program then you should probably get your logic circuits checked.

The iron pipe also turned Nier into Dragon Quest?

Yes but the ps3 can't run it at an acceptable framerate
There are several songs from automata I'd rank higher.

They didn't, you're just doing it wrong.

What's the practical difference?

it's only good now because it's new and you're still fresh off the game

ashes of dreams > black song > weight of the world

The best tracks in Automata were Kaine Salvation, Emil Sacrifice and Song of the Ancients.

Mind explaining how to do it then?

One is cheating, one is using the best legitimate method.

>had a look online to see if I needed to play Nier to understand the plot of Automata
>basically everywhere I looked people just said "naa, there's only a few references, playing the first game isn't vital"
>finish all the endings in Automata
>there's so much referenced from the first game that is clearly very important

Project Gestalt, the Dragon and the Giant being major ones.

Both are referenced in Automata but basically nothing is said about them. There's a very basic description of Project Gestalt and the virus, not really enough to go on though.

Annoying. I never played the first because my PS3 broke and I wasn't going to buy another just to play it.

The dragon and the giant are actually from drakengard 1, they just begin nier's story

Are all F-Z endings just silly gameovers?

>One is cheating,
Exploits are considered cheating

i suppose there's literally nothing i can do to make it work on my ps3 right?

Unintended methods aren't always exploits user

Go to chapter 4, buy silver and gold ore from amusement park, go to chapter 11 sell it in the bunker

>it's only good now because it's new and you're still fresh off the game
Actually niers ost sounded A LOT better to ke after a few months

>you never hear Alex Jones rant about the war between the androids and machines being an inside job

Not to my knowledge. I bought the 250$ edition and have a ps3 and I'm still gonna wait..

I appreciate your subjective opinion but mine and many other peoples differs, exploits aren't cheats although sometimes depending on what they accomplish people consider cheating

I still don't properly understand, what the fuck was the point of the endless war between the machines and androids?

Am I right in assuming the androids wanted to perpetuate the war because it gave them purpose? So then why did the machines also want to keep the war going? What was in it for them to be constantly harassed by the androids?

Please explain, I'm special.

well that sucks, it looks like a fun game with a good story but I refuse to play it since it runs like a toaster full of liquid shit

The machines only purpose was evolving and fighting. They needed a competitor.

Shit other than the Become as Gods(not sure real name) you're right.

Machines used conflict to evolve.

I'm in BECOME AS GODS and there's a 2d section with a box on the other side of a fallen down ladder that's blocking the jump path to the platform the box is on. Does anyone know how I get to it?

The aliens were huge weebs and programmed the machines to be Goku.

Tried to get ending where you kill Pascal's villagers. That shit was horrible.

>Don't kill! Don't kill!
>Stop! Do not kill!
>I'm sorry! I'm sorry!
>We have done nothing bad!

Over and over. I never felt so dirty. Fuck that, I'll never get N ending.

I see.

Also, one more question. Were the machines the ones who were building the androids to give them competition? It says in the game that the android black box is made from machine parts or something.

>gone up two levels trying to get a machine arm
h e l p

Necessity is the mother of invention.
It's literally get gud at a global level.

oh i know that one, I couldnt get to it either, I'd love a solution too.

you mean Nding

On the androids side of things, they needed purpose so the higher-ups lie to everyone else about humans being on the moon and made YoRHa which is periodically destroyed to collect combat data for some reason???

As for machines, their purpose in life was to defeat the enemy, at one point there were no enemies for some reason so they killed the ayy lmaos??? then they want to evolve for some reason??? also have a boner for humans for some reason??? than they reached their evolutionary limit with Adam and Eve and fucked off to space

buy them from the Pascal shop

wtf? you're saying you killed half of them and stop because you feel bad? that's fucking cruel m8, at least if you get the deed done the game will just reset with a shiny N marked on your file

fall off the ledge, dodge left, double jump up.

I'm still in route b

>you can fish up a golden machine head
>can't wear it
One job.

It really isn't necessary to understand the plot though. You can pick up the core themes and messages of the game without having touched the other games with a ten foot pole.

How does the game run on PC?

Someone please donate crushed nuts and dented sockets...

That is absurdly difficult on a keyboard.

>nothing topped Mother Goose or P-33

Subtlety goes a long fucking way. The moment I saw the machines could talk right from the get go I knew it wasn't going to have the same impact.

keep going then, try throwing spears if you're having a hard time with 9s, the dragoon lance is pretty good for a while.

What would Taro even do to replicate such an effect? He needed machines to talk for the story whereas it wasn't much important in Nier though still sad.

The hanging down stairs can be ran up if you sprint, just land on them, slide down then dodge in the air across, bit easier than having to drop in from the right ledge under the stairs.

like complete shit, not because it looks particularly good or anything, but because it is one of the worst optimized games in years

I just feel Taro wrote himself in to a corner doing machines again, especially after how well P-33 worked, everyone that played NieR knew almost exactly how it was going to play out because of that.

Can't be worse than Mankind Divided.

6700k + 1070, runs perfectly well for me :^)

Runs fine for me, but then again I have a cutting edge pc

So is this console footage?

Make Worst Option Pascal happen and then buy them off him.

the moment I saw machines could talk right from the get go I knew he wasn't even trying to

the Shades are Gestalts twist in this game is YoRHa being the same as machines

>keyboard
>on anything outside shitty FPS's
Cmon man!

youtube.com/watch?v=mgYxwe2FWEY
I can't think of a single track in the first game that I liked more than it or Possessed by a Disease and some others, only maybe Snow in Summer, and I got tired of song of the ancients long before the ending credits. Not only do I think the songs are better, they're more varied and used a lot better instead of looped forever.
But I'm one of the few that liked DoD1 and 3s OST as much as the original Nier so I'm probably in the minority.

I miss her lads

how to unlock that outfit?

self destruct

So does Nines.

kill yourself

Or use the dress module.

Self destruct. At first I thought it would kill you but it actually just sets your life low and blows your clothes off. Then you can heal and look sexy. Just don't use a transporter

The game isn't the same without 2b and the operators.

Please don't tell me toobs actually reciprocated 9S' feelings romantically. She's still ours, right?

you can use the transporters just don't go to the bunker

Well I liked DoD1 and 3's OST as much as Nier and I completely disagree on your opinion. Automata's OST failed me.
Crazy how there's so many different tastes and shit. I'm happy to share this thread with you guys.

Gold Medal in Sexomancy.

I'm sorry, lad. You never had a chance.

Combat on console is a locked 60fps but I noticed a few drops while sprinting through some of the city areas. Nothing big enough to spoil the experience since wen you engage it combat it seems to go back to normal, it needs a bit more optimization in the city areas.

That was on PS4 Pro, not sure about the base model, I know it runs at 900p on the base.

"Oh... nines..."

Keep getting "The command was not executed correctly."

Ya might not wanna read the Cruel Blood Oath story.

>Please don't tell me toobs actually reciprocated 9S' feelings romantically.
user I....

I like DoD1 and 3 as well, but music is extremely subjective and if I were to object your opinion it'll just turn into shitflinging

that being said I do not like the new vocalist at all

AT ALL

SHE TURNED A BEAUTIFUL SONG INTO A MEH SONG

FUCK YOU NICOLE

press B

no

A2 is now /ourgirl/

Turn on self-destruct in the settings.

Simone was pretty close to what I expected but every other boss was lackluster and forgettable. It's a shame really because I really wanted this game to blow NieR's storytelling out of the water.