Spend $5 at a car wash to clean car

>spend $5 at a car wash to clean car
>car gets dirty the next day

I can't keep fucking doing this.

How do I keep my car from getting dirty all the FUCKING time?

And how do I stop the fucking rain from putting those water spots on my fucking car?

Other urls found in this thread:

brownbear.com
youtube.com/watch?v=CFXfSBR5Q9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you put wax on it it'll make it really easy to clean with just a hose down

get the $10 wash you greedy jew

Garage the car at the home, office, and club.

I just realised something
>Engine oil is resistant against water
>Water always flows over the top of engine oil
>Why not wash your car with engine oil, then water will always run off

Park it in a garage

I don't know how to apply wax to a car. Is there somewhere I can pay some minority to do it for me for cheap?

Fuck that.

It's always garaged when it's at home. It gets dirty from just driving around, and it's winter right now so there's a lot of rain. At least it doesn't snow here.

Weather.com

>I don't know how to apply wax to a car
Imagine being this useless.

>Clear schedule for the afternoon
>if you have pressure washer fill detergent tank with fairy, cover car in foam, wash it off, do it a few times
>if you don't get bucket filled with fairies and water and sponge/brush/whatever
>scrub the car down couple of times with that
>dry the car up with towels so you don't get water spots
>get car wax and something to put it on and something to wipe exess off
>wax a panel, move to next one, take the wipe cloth whatever and wipe excess of the first panel and then the second. Idea is to give wax time to dry and you something to do in the meanwhile.
>do that to whole car, wait a bit.
>wax car again a few more times
>use rainX or some glass wax and do that all to glass
>after that use car shampoo that doesn't kill wax to wash car until you need to wax it again in about 3 or so months
it takes ages but it's worth it.
If you give a fuck about your paint (too late now) you can clay and polish and shit. And use proper products that don't trigger autists

The self-serving car wash I go to has this wax thing, as well as rainX but I don't actually know what they do, and I'm worried about fucking something up.

>If you give a fuck about your paint (too late now)

Why is it too late? The car's paint still looks fine to me desu

get a car duster dumbass

I seriously hope you don't wash your car just to remove a thin layer of dust

I do, why?

you can just dust your car and save a lot of time and energy

>spend $5 at a car wash to clean car
Get a car wash subscription. My Brown Bear car wash uses the nice fabric strip brushes and a LOT of foamy sudsy water for lubrication. The speed is also slow. A monthly subscription is $19.99 which allows you 2 washes per day for a month or you can pay $7 for one single wash. Clearly it's a bargain to get a subscription.

brownbear.com

>fill detergent tank with fairy

huh?

BRILLIANT

>He doesn't get forest fairies to wash his car with when he goes to get more car spiders from vatozone

I don't think we have that were I live.

i always check the weather before washing. if its going to rain the next day or the day after, why bother.

OP just wash your car at home, you can save a lot of money that way. All you need to purchase is a $3 sponge

>fill a bucket with water, any bucket will do
>put in some dish soap
>whatever you do don't spray the car with the hose first
>make sure you just dip the sponge and start cleaning off the dirt, (if you spray the paint with the hose before you'll turn the dirt that's on the paint to mud and make it more difficult to wash off)
>wash car with sponge
>wheels first then paint
>dry with any towel you find laying around or take it for a spin around the block

Don't bother with wax, microfiber towels 'professional' products or car wash subscriptions. They're a waste of money, since you can now wash your car at home for a lot less than what you'd spend with either

>put in some dish soap

No.
Stop being a poorfag and buy some legitimate car soap.

There's literally nothing wrong with using dish soap, anything else is a placebo and a waste of money

Oh. I did not know that. Cool. Dawn is cheap where I am. Maybe I'll get lavender...!

Clay your car twice a year and apply this magical thing called wax to your car.

Just a tip too, if you can find pic related, it works really well. It's what I personally use; I find it keeps my hands from getting chapped or dry after washing my car and it smells really nice :)

Fuck that's some fancy stuff.

Dish soap strips wax. Otherwise it's okay.

Wax your car or do a ceramic coating. Do a weekly spray of car soap, let it soak before rinsing off with distilled water to prevent water spots. You won't even need to use a brush or bother to dry it unless you really want to get autistic.

>put in some dish soap

You are a jerk whether you realize it or not. OP probably has no clear coat. Many of the better quality branded dish soaps have enzymes meant to loosen organic material from whatever it is stuck onto such as baked on mess on pots and pans.

Paint is organic substance stuck onto a metal surface. Exposing pigment paint to the enzymes is bad. They will soak in and the rinse water won't remove all of it. So when he seals over the paint surface followed by wax, those enzymes will continue to work as they try to make the paint not stick to the metal. With clear coat, he can ignore the enzyme problem. But OP has paint exposed.

>I don't know how to apply wax to a car
I don't want to sound like a dick or anything, but applying wax to your car is literally entry level car shit. What are you doing on Veeky Forums if you can't do anything that simple?

Just follow this.
youtube.com/watch?v=CFXfSBR5Q9w

Thanks for the link user.

Ausfag here car washes cost 15 for a drive thru

Is that too much?

Buy a silver car

Do people really wash their own cars. I've never ever used anything other than an automatic carwash. Sounds like a hassle

Wayyy to much. Try getting a subscription somewhere

small city so no

cheapest option is $13 everywhere at like 5 diff places

Also Ausfag. Wouldn't even bother with drive through washes. Buy a bottle of carwash and a sponge ya fuckin bellend

That's shitty. I'd get a pressure washer and just spray it down quick every week or so

On tank water boofhead

Pressure washer broke

bih fix that joint rn

Mmmm

The fuck that mean?

There are places that aren't drive through where you can wash your car. Boofhead.

T. Cityfag
Yeah nah their no better than my pressure washer

i own a pressure washer.
run it off my tank water.

>fill a bucket with water, any bucket will do
you'd have to clean the bucket first and preferably use two buckets instead of a single.
>put in some dish soap
rip paint
>whatever you do don't spray the car with the hose first
>make sure you just dip the sponge and start cleaning off the dirt, (if you spray the paint with the hose before you'll turn the dirt that's on the paint to mud and make it more difficult to wash off)
Not hosing it down first causes scratches once you start cleaning
>wash car with sponge
scratches
>wheels first then paint
scratches on the paint from grime off the wheels
>dry with any towel you find laying around or take it for a spin around the block
scratches from the towel or water marks from not drying it off properly

Man this is some obvious fucking bait

My car is already silver.

>nom nom nom
Man
>nom nom
This is
>nom
Some real
>nom nom nom
Obvious
>NAM NAM NAM
Bait

>tfw excess wax is in small cracks and narrow spots between panels
>some in the door handle latch
REEEEEEE

>Spend 3 dollars at the car wash to wash car
>The next day it looks like I it was sprinkling when I was driving to work because of all the bugs splattered on the front.

Fuck nature.

>all the bugs splattered on the front
That's how summertime is for me too. All the trees are sucking water out of the ground. The hot weather increases both growth (use of water) and evaporation, so the trees are left with excess minerals. The trees piss out the excess minerals and waste products through their stomata. It lands as droplets of sap on your car.

I try not to park downwind from pine trees and other conifers. Their sap has the most turpentine in it.

Oak trees do this as well. Pisses me off much less than the fucking bugs.

$1 at quarter car wash

(yes, local one is still this cheap, but short timers)

wax spray only

who the fuck does wash, soap, rinse??? such a marketing waste

add quarter or two at the beep to extend wax spray if mud/salt still exists

the minute you drive it off the lot, it loses its wash value

Soap has its uses. Not sure about rinse though. I may start skipping that.

Name one use that a hot wax spray cannot do?

I use hot wax to blast off pine sap and bird shit all the time.

>no less than 6 splashes of bird shit all over car
>wash it last Wednesday
>looks good
>eat lunch on Thursday
>look outside
>no less than 3 more splashes of bird shit on either side
>storm on Friday only removes about 70% of all of it

Wax covers things when it drys. Perhaps your wax is hot enough to melt the old wax off but my car wash only has warm. So washing with out soap would just protect the dirt.

quarter washes save $$$ by not heating the wash spray or wax

you could steam shellfish at mine ;-)

find a better car wash

Two car washes in town and the otherone smells like shellfish. So I use the best we have.

>smells like shellfish
1) stay out of that part of town, or
2) coastal? gotta spray those boat trailers??

it strips wax off you tard.

>tfw excess wax is in small cracks and narrow spots between panels
>some in the door handle latch

Excess carnauba wax leaves whitish residue like that if it isn't buffed off. That's why wiping off the carnauba wax product is so tedious. It's almost like detailing again. Full synthetic waxes are better in that they don't leave visible carnauba residue like that. They also wipe off with less effort.

Maybe he wants to strip the wax off. Ever thought of that?

>There's literally nothing wrong with using dish soap
Cheap dish soap from the dollar store is one thing, but if you use those expensive brands like Dawn which are blends of soaps and chemical enzymes, it's so strong it will strip off some of the sealant too.

And you should not use liquid laundry detergents (or anything that has "oxy clean" label) since some of them brighten (or whiten) fabrics by using non-chlorine bleach or whiteners such as sodium percarbonate (an oxidizer). While clear coat is far stronger than the coloured paint underneath, it too can be oxidized if you apply a chemical oxidizer to it.

>How do I keep my car from getting dirty all the FUCKING time?
You wash it. Thus your car is clean.

>And how do I stop the fucking rain from putting those water spots on my fucking car?
You never drive it during the rain. By itself, rain leaves no water spots. But rain collects smog and you end up with water spots, sooty spots, or acid rain spots. All those people making smog are the ones making your water spots bigger and thicker due to each rain drop collecting a greater amount of material from the air.

>>Water always flows over the top of engine oil
You have the densities all wrong there,

>Why not wash your car with engine oil
Soot, grime, and dust sticks to engine oil. Thus your car will become a dark dirty mess. Your car might also not be able to drive into the strictest-run HOA areas that have rules against unsightly cars parking there. You can enter, but you'd have to immediately leave as you can't park there with your oily sooty car unless it was wholly inside a garage.

Also pretty sure oil will eat your paint.

>foam gun it
>pressure wash it
>handwash it
>pressure wash it again
>hand dry it
>wax it
>go for a drive
>can barely recognize the front for all the insect corpses on it

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.
How do I remove bugs without damaging the wax coating and/or paint? I've tried some bug remover sprays and bug sponges but they all remove the coating along with the bugs (and in the case of the sponges I've tried, leave swirls in the clearcoat)

>Once a month I'll fill a bucket with warm water and cheap shampoo
>Spray car with hose
>Wash
>Rinse
>Dry
>Wax
What a hassle. Also if you spend a dollar at a car wash and spray it every few days you shouldn't need to spend extra for the foam brush/soap/rinse unless you drive through mud all day.

Cheapest way is to spray down with self serve high pressure soap then follow up with spot free rinse. Don't even need to dry it, drip dry in the sun.

But then no clear coat

Not a replacement for regular waxing. The soap is wax safe and won't strip clear coat.

holy shit is this real?

How about you dont wash your car if you know its going to rain you fucking idiot??

How about you go to a car wash and spend 3 dollars spraying with water, soaping, then spraying again?

>CAR WASHING SUBSCRIPTION $20 A MONTH

holy shit ONLY fucking evo and WRX owners would have this i bet

fucking too right i dunno how some of these people even manage to tie their shoes or cross the road, let alone operate a vehicle

Ausfag here sometimes it doesn't rain for months

Can't get a car dirty if you don't have a car.

True. I dont wax my truck because the paint is not currently worth waxing. Just waiting to either save up enough to paint it or do it my self.

>doing anything but the ChrisFix Superclean
why do you hate your car?

>because the paint is not currently worth waxing
That's a fallacious way of thinking. The paint only gets worse. Unless you intend to repaint or are crushing it instead of reselling, there is no sense to letting it get worse.

The post you linked to quit literally said I was going to paint it.

There's a car wash near my house the charges $10 for unlimited washes for a month. It sucks you don't have one of those near you.

>he goes to a car wash
>he literally pays a machine to scratch his paint

Thats pretty good. Its around 30 in this area for unlimited and its nothing but auto. Fuck auto. Auto is only good for undercarriage.

>water scratching paint.

>$10 for unlimited washes for a month
Can that be any good? A place that re-uses wash water after only doing particulate filtering means the water quality sucks. The good car washes add a lot of new water to the recycled water they use. The best car washes only use the recycled water on the first stage of the washing and the final part of the wash is done with all fresh water. That's how my local automated car wash does it.

Car washes are all owned by the mafia and they use them to launder money and tax evasion. I would trust them like I would a snake in my sleeping bag.

>strong soap doesn't eat at your clear coat
>they still don't get your car clean

I either use "meguiars ultimate quik detailer" if the bugs has just gotten there, if its been 1-2 days il use thier "Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere" Works great. They wont strip the vax coating.

>water scratching paint.
Around here, car washes are required by law to process their water for contaminants and pollution before releasing it to the sewer. They are also required to recycle the water. The amount of new fresh water added is called "bypass". If the place is a jew, they reduce the amount of fresh water they use (low bypass) and of course that reduces their sewage treatment bill too.

>They wont strip the vax coating.
The meguiars Quik Detailer partially removes the meguiars Gold Class Wax on my car but replaces it with a less shiny wax residue. Gold Class Wax is pretty weak though as it is easily removed by anything including meguiars Gold Class Car Shampoo.

Generally, all the quick detailers from the quality brand products have a mixture that both cleans and waxes. I use both meguiars and turtle wax ice detailers. I tested them both on my 2 cars, and they both add wax onto an unwaxed surface. The meguiars quik detailer was slightly incompatible with gold class as there was some smearing between the two products. The turtle wax ice detailer was compatible with turtle wax ice wax as I noticed no smearing.

>wax your car
>seal your wheels

Makes your car so much easier to clean and keep clean.

It's not just being easier to clean lets you keep cleaning it, but once you get used to doing it, the habit makes it mentally easier to clean. Good habits are nice to have.

Bad habits learned through laziness suck. Like going to the public library and seeing thick greasy fingerprints on the tables. Smelling a poop smell rising from the chair seats because people don't wipe their butts properly. Or seeing food crumbs spread all over the place and there's no other sitting place available.

>How do I keep my car from getting dirty all the FUCKING time?

One way is shown in the post at so if you have that car wash solution in your area, go for it. You'll have to sign up and be subject to getting some email spam, but it will be worth it.

where do you live that its winter? science is gnarly

Australia.

But it doesn't snow here.

>where do you live that its winter?
From your usa middle school geography class, you learned that the northern hemisphere and southern hemisphere have opposing seasons.

What kind of car soap do you guys use? And is waxing it after necessary? If so what do you guys use?

>not covering your car in heavy crude oil

this is what i do.

have you considered realizing that it doesnt matter if your car is perfectly clean or not? Since you seem to not be enjoying cleaning it all the time, then how about not cleaning it all the time?