Technical Transmission question. Auto

Technical Transmission question. Auto.

If youre sitting on a slightly steep hill and your car rolls back, (Wont idle up the hill) do you have low transmission pressure? If the fluid to THIN? Ive noticed this only happens once the car has warmed up. Car has powerful idle uphill when engine still cool.

>If the fluid to THIN?

I don't know if it's too thin, but the transmission fluid does thin out as it warms up.

That means you're a pleb who can't let go of the clutch and get on the gas fast enough

auto tranny...............

Torque converter is slipping.
Replace it.
Rebuild transmission while you're at it.
Hydraulic fluid doesnt "go bad" like manufacturers want you to believe.

In owners manual of a 1966 vehicle:
>filled with our "life of car" transmission fluid, which under normal circumstances needs never to be changed!

Life of the car means life of the warranty.

The viscous coupling from both the internal impellers in the torque converter are not strong enough or does not have enough idle toque to overcome the weight of the vehicle rolling backwards

TL:DR not enough torque at idle to keep the car from rolling backwards, 99.9 percent of the time nothing is wrong

how does the standard foxbody get air into the engine?

oil breaks down over time. You do have to replace the fluid eventually.

or you're just too retarded to do the handbrake trick :/

Autos have clutch packs, torque converter would have less to do with that than clutch packs.

>that look in his eyes
It's actually the same look I had when my wife showed me the positive pregnancy test lol

yeah no.

if you dont have a trans dipstick, take the coolant line off or the filler bung and check the oil aint black

It's not the trans, it's the engine.

From a cold start, you will be in a fast-idle state, a few hundred RPM more than normal. This is why it pulls when cold. Once it warms up, the idle drops to where it should be, and is no longer developing enough power to move the car.

If it's actually just this, and OP is a retard driving his car around on hills from dead-cold, I'm gonna be triggered.

I really do wonder why this isnt common logic?

Falling for the "sealed for life" meme.

but manufacturers want you to believe that you never need to replace the fluid

Idk when I used to work for Nissan I had to explain all sorts of stupid stuff

I was a tech for them for four years

Cold start idle = higher RPM

Higher RPM = more power

More power = faster idle up hill

Depends on the stall of the torque converter.