Why didn't the US send blacks back to Africa after the civil war instead of making legislature and amendments giving...

Why didn't the US send blacks back to Africa after the civil war instead of making legislature and amendments giving them citizenship?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberia
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberia

still doesn't explain why it wasn't made policy in America

Blacks didn't want to be a part of a colony as non citizens

They wanted to be US citizens and only 13 000 made the trip which is pretty small.

Well the obvious /pol/ack is obvious,but I'll humor you anyways.
It was the same reason America didn't let The South secede, and more recently, in the 80's grant blanket amnesty. More citizens means you make more product.

The generation of Blacks in the US is so removed from their iFrican roots there is literally no point.

4 0
A C R E S
A N D
A
M U L E

Lincoln got shot, so the ACS lost its biggest backer. The Democrats got to keep their niggity note, and the Union was preserved, so no one really bitched about the Dems getting to keep their permanent underclass.

For many reasons, but we can start with the fact that there were 4 million slaves, and transporting that many people would be impossible.

What a very igornant statement? If you think colour makes nationality and worldwide construct especially in the u.s then I have to tell you to grow up friend.

>thinking Democrats had the black vote prior to 1960
yeah you're an idiot

Democrats didn't have the black vote until Kennedy you idiot.

Well how did they get there in the first place you moron

I'm not him, but many generations of slaves were born and bred in the USA, either intentionally or out of wedlock with white Americans (one drop rule though).

Also shipping them in had a huge economic incentive; shipping them back grants no immediate or obvious returns and is a boondoggle if there ever was one, ridiculously expensive.

Liberia

>you're from /pol/ if you make a thread about a subject that I don't like

Kys my man

They were born there you moron.

Because one of those is easier than the other.

ITT: People think the current Democratic and Republican parties socio-political stances weren't almost completely flipped from what they were in the 19th and early 20th centuries.

Most of the slaves were born in America, the transatlantic slave trade was banned in 1807.

>The Democrats got to keep their niggity note
READ NIGGA READ