Sup Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums here

sup Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums here

Looking for a quick daily driver. Nothing stupid, I want it to be reliable and have relatively low miles. I can spend 15k-20k. Options I am thinking about:

1: 1998-2003 Camaro Z28, You can find them on ebay with 30,000-40,000 miles on them for 10k. Get it checked out, new clutch + intake + fuel pump/injectors+ procharger+tune (~$8000) = 18k for 400hp 6speed rwd daily driver that will go for 100,000 miles without major issues.

2: 2009-2014 low mile GTI (~$17K) + APR stage 2 tune and downpipe (+2k) = 325hp 6 speed daily driver that runs the quarter in low 13s and will go another 100,000 miles without major issue

What do you think Camaro or GTI?

Are there any other options in this price range I could hunt down with low miles and get good power out of..(besides a mustang) that would be a good daily driver? I like forced induction and manuals.

03-04 Cobra 20k under 50k miles. Forced induction, easy to make power out of and will probably go up in value if you don't nigger it.

ranger

what's wrong with mustangs?

I agree with your assessment but I personally do not like mustangs, I don't hate them or anything but I don't want one

miata, so you can suck your gym boyfriend off as he drives your automatic into the sunset

>what's wrong with mustangs?
nothing objectively, I simply don't like them. I am 6'4 and I don't feel they give me good leg room and ergonomics.

I have a friend who has one and it's great for him but it just does not do it for me

what year was it?
I'm 6'3" and test drove a 2016 a while back, fit in it with room to spare

>miata, so you can suck your gym boyfriend off as he drives your automatic into the sunset
ok

>vw
>and will go another 100,000 miles without major issue
>believing this

>I'm 6'3" and test drove a 2016 a while back, fit in it with room to spare

2011, I just didn't like the ergos or the styling user, nothing personal

All you fags can think of for 20k are

Camaro
Mustang
GTI

you guys are slacking

05-06 6speed GTO for $20,000 with 40-50k miles on it, pricey but already 400hp and you don't have to do shit to it.

Maybe you could hunt down a 98-2005 vette in that price range, but then ur the fag driving the vette desu

BMW 135i with the N55 instead of the N54...

What kind of stock horsepower does this car have and what can be done to it to make it a muscle car without killing reliability?

A bone stock 135i has around 300HP. There's so many mods you can do to a 135i and I'm not going to list them since there's so many just a Google search away. The only downside to the 1-series is that it has an open differential, if that really matters to you.

What about a WRX, they can make good reliable horsepower in the 350-400 range with slight mods

fun to drive too

What about a ford fiesta with a new turbo?

I saw one run an 11.7 quarter on the stock block last week

I vote GTI for reliability

just get a civic for 3k. stop caring about mileage

The GTI will run forever and it's great fun. I'd go for the Fiesta though. More fun and perfect handling. Unlike the GTI and those typical muritard, solid cast iron shitboxes that only go in a straight line

>2: 2009-2014 low mile GTI (~$17K) + APR stage 2 tune and downpipe (+2k) = 325hp 6 speed daily driver that runs the quarter in low 13s and will go another 100,000 miles without major issue

Low 13s? Wtf? I ran 12.5 in my speed3 with only SRI, rmm, hpfp and a 93/e85 mix tune, ran about 3 gallons of e85 in the mix. 300 to the wheels, the gti would be similar with what youre saying so why would it still be 13?

>BMW 135i with the N55 instead of the N54...

Definitely make sure it's the n55. The n54 is a nightmare, yea it'd be cheap performance but also plagued with issues if it's the n54.

Most tests I see from APR show it running 13s due to traction

303 stock but motortrend and others say it has 330hp when they measured it.

Tuning is easy enough that you can do it. I bet for $1500 you can get up to 400 hp and do it yourself.

The n54 is cheaper and it has two turbos instead of one. Thus the N54 is twice as likely to have an issue as the N55 because the turbos are the most likely thing to break.
N54 hasn't been a problem for me.

I'd skip the Camaro. GTI is good and you can get it in DSG if you are planning on tracking. Get the Fender stereo though. Its dope.

Jealous of his friends mustang. Pretends he doesnt like them so as to not give his friend any satisfaction.

2006-2008 Acura TL Type S
Acura TL-SHAWD with the 6 speed manual
Mazdaspeed6
1st Gen Cadillac CTS-V
Volvo S60R manual
Lexus GS400/430
Jaguar XF
Infiniti G37S
Infiniti M56

>Mazdaspeed6
No. I know on paper it'd be better than a speed3 but 6s seem to have all types of issues. The speed3 is better and should always be chosen in place of anything else sporty/modern that mazda makes if you go with them. Unless you find a speed miata of course but gl.

That's all you took away from the list?

>tfw no sexy 2 door eggshell white GTI

why even live

I mean yea, he wants a good car. The speed6 is objectively not a good car, especially compared to the 3 as an option. So I corrected that the 6 wouldn't be a correct choice. There's a reason the speed6s are cheaper than a night with your mother.

That bitch ain't cheap, I'm cheaper than her

There's a reason speed6s are cheaper than a night with this guy.

You say that like it's a bad thing, I'm a classy ho

Buy a c5z. Light, 405 crank, objectively sexy looks. That is unless you need back seats.
I had a ls1 z28. Ergonomically you will have plenty room in it as you almost have a laying down cruising position. Power and noise are great but has the ability to handle like a wet noodle at times. I think the gti would be a better daily though.

but then you are the guy driving a corvette

Owner of a 2002 Z28 here

4000 stall, 4.10's and a cam and these cars will dominate 99% of cars you see on the road

GTO might appreciate in value as well since it was one of the last beefy cars Pontiac made.

I fit in my foxbody at 6'3 with some headroom, an sn95 car should fit you.

Yeah, but the stigma isn't there since you're literally the opposite of what you normally see.

t. Never owned a VW