/ndg/ Nier/Drakengard General #22

Route V: Sleazy [V]irgin

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[NieR:Automata PC/Steam Pastebin]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Theme
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

Previous Route:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=txzk_AzQIS8
youtube.com/watch?v=R4MNkAptfcA&ab_channel=MekkahDee
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2B9S
O T P
T
P

Posting best character.

Grandma.
The Dark Colossus Destroys All comes in close 2nd.

Why are they so lewd.

Why is life...so painful...?

I'm blown away by how great a song Growing Wings is. What's your favorite song in the whole series?

REMOVE IV REMOVE IV

nth for Simone being the only good fight

youtube.com/watch?v=txzk_AzQIS8
This one grew on me

What happens when we reach [Z]?

GET OUT, FOUR! NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE!

this one is up there with shadowlord and kaine for me desu

Song of the Ancients (Fate)
Sound of the End (Calm) and Weight of the World are solid runner-ups though.

Shame Adam and Eve were underused.

Recurse Y/N?

Regarding the information about Yonah in the library.
Does that mean that even if project gestalt had succeeded, Yonah would die afterwards due to the damage she had before the project? Or the replicant body was different?

Sadly. I was kinda expecting a super boss with adam and eve at the same time but way faster and stronger. Basicly full character action

THAT'S IT
THAT'S THE FEELING
PURE HATE

Someone needs to make an Emil EVERY DAY'S A FEEL picture

Most likely the former.

we go back to /v/

They were there for the evolution aspect of the game and not really anything else. Maybe they could've put them in again right before the N2 fight?

nth for better than any Automata character.

what happens if I give up on the final challenge?
I couldn't do that myself, but I'm curious

>tfw no Tekken style fighting game set in the Taroverse

>nth posts
when will this cancerous shit constitute a ban?

what does this mean?

Seriously. What the fuck happened after Simone? I was so hyped the rest of the bosses were going to be of that quality (and that theme) but no I was obviously wrong.

>They will never upload this in sadpanda.

taro likes german shit like every other japanese person

World war 2.

really makes you question

>Tekken 7 will feature several guest characters
>none of them will be Adam

Machines copied humans it tells you this in game.

What does shockwave +8 look like?

meant for

Nier Automata is killzone's prequel.

Post Taro

I stop being OP and we return to zero. And than you count as high as you can.

Kerberos Panzer Korps*

After the ending, i really started liking 042

Looks like normal shockwave but more damaging I thibk.

The StG 44 does a fine job of removing commies but not machines apparently

This silence is mine.

I don't really like Nier as a whole as much as I used to honestly. Maybe it's because Taro finally made a game with a lot going on in it for once.

>Devola and Popola's bodies lying next to each other holding hands at the end of route D

IT HURTS

I F-F-FUCKING HATE YOU TARO

Does anyone else have a GTX 970? I want to know how well the game performs. What kind of framerates are you guys getting at max or near max settings?

I was the one that made the first one and I feel bad because I was kinda lazy with the links and such. You make such a better job.

Give me one reason taro isn't confined in an asylum.

I need this.

He can't make games there.

45-55 at almost max (4xAA instead of 8xAA)

Did we help?

They had a hard life.

He's quite funny

Well none of this would have been possible without you!
So thank you.

Post yfw [username] comes to your aid during ending E.

>lot going on in it for once.
See this is where I feel Taro struggles.

The Thanks for playing! after deleting your save.
I don't understand this feeling.

Bullshit. Nier is miles better than this Tokyo Ghoul dogshit.
>but muh consistency!
literally not an argument
>but muh uniqueness!
Go play Undertale if you want to find out where this tripe got all its new ideas
>but muh gameplay!
Gameplay suddenly mattering because there's nothing else good to say about the game is just another way of not having an argument.
>But muh themes!
The CHARACTERS are what matter. Stop trying to push around old, reused ideas as genius.

Tbqh Nier is so much better just because it's nothing like this garbage or the Drakengard games that came before and after it. The only reason why anyone even cares about Taro is because of Nier.

You know what? I have to get this off my chest. I like Nier better than Automata. Am I disappointed at Automata? Probably and I hate myself for that.

I liked Nier alot, but i really disliked how you had to finish the game 4 times, even when nothing except the very end changed after the second playtrough.

Plus they didn't go overboard with the guilt bait this time, it had the perfect balance between guilt and "everything is relative, no one did good or wrong"
It was good they decided to use a mix between the nier and drakengard 3 system.

So the combat got extremely boring and easy even on hard a while in and for my next playthrough I want to do some self-limiting bullshit to try and bring some luster back.

I was thinking Hard, Barefists, No Healing Items maybe even no chips?

>being this butt blasted
this "not an argument" meme needs to stop, it just makes you sound retarded.

That's alright.
I like Nier 1 a lot too but I like Automata in a very different way.
This one wasn't trying to 1-up or have a similar story than the first and I think incan appreicate that more than it 'not being as good'.

>tfw he actually made a happy ending.;

>171765391
>If I say everything good about the game doesn't matter / isn't an argument, the game is shit

Not even worth a (You). Take off your "memey" goggles and try speaking like a normal person next time.

There's more than just the ending that changes in the second playthrough. Playing the game 4 times is due to the fact that they didn't know how to make an optimal videogame yet. Nier is also a game about subjectivity due to the fact that it's about two dad's(fuck brother) doing whatever it takes to get their daughter back.

>it won't be canon if we ever get a NieR 3
>it'll continue from ending D where 9S killed A2 but then also stayed behind to die instead of going with Eve and Adam

I hope if we ever get a 3rd game for NieR it's during the rise of the Legion with Red Eye. I'm not a fan of the automata world.

Humanity is dead, YorHa is dead, 6O and 21O are dead. The machines having no purpose will either kill themselves or go insane. the androids have no purpose and will likely do that same once they realize humanity is extinct. But at least a severely mentally fractured 9s and 2b survived.
even then 2b is programmed to kill 9s.
I feel happy.

Japs like WWII Germans, breaking news

Eh, it's okay. Personally, I think I liked Nier's characters and DoD3 (in a "What the FUCK is going on with these people") more overall, but Automata has a better overall plot/presentation of it.

i can't get this song outta my head, bros.
youtube.com/watch?v=R4MNkAptfcA&ab_channel=MekkahDee

The irony in this shitpost is that Nier is built on reused ideas. Most of them are totally bland, even. The reason why they're any good is because of the presentation.

We need to start being honest here. Nier is very good but it's not some revolutionary thing. It never was, and especially not now that the sequel is popular. Feeling threatened because there was never a game in the series that contested it until now (and one built entirely differently at that) that is also well received puts you in a very stupid, secluded minority.

Made by alienating yourself from an already existing minority which is the dumbest thing of all.

I'm not going to drag you into this either but that's another problem about Automata. Taro wasted Platinum by not utilizing their full capacity. Them handling the gameplay, albeit good, is too basic to be as strong as a crutch Taro thought it was going to be as a compliment to his game.

Same. I want a game set during the 13 Crusade's attack on jerusalem and finally killing Red Eye.
I want to wander into a facility and find the corpse of Angelus strung up like pic related.
I want Red Eye to be canon confirmed as Caim

>all other deaths in the game don't really affect me at all
>these two did

I think it's because of all the suffering they had to endure because some horrible cunts programmed them with a permanent sense of guilt and then proceeded to treat them like shit everywhere they went.

>that little backstory of how they reach the camp
>one had her leg sliced by another android when she tried to defend herself
>she thinks she's being a burden to her sister

Be at peace now you cuties ;_;

I can't stand DOD3's cast. Zero, Accord and Mikhail are carrying the entire game on their backs. And I appreciate Four and Three in the same way that I appreciate memes.

>I want a game set during the 13 Crusade's attack on jerusalem and finally killing Red Eye.
>not wanting a game set during the 13 crusades attack on jersusalem where you play Red Eye on a mission to get back Angelus
?

I like it too

What phase are we on now? We went from twists through speculah and lore, girls, 9S hate, now we're shitting on gameplay?

forgot the pic

It's probably going to be a new setting presented in a tapestry showed for 5 minutes in a stream set in a combodian server about how robots were crushed by a resurgence of dinosaurs or something.

It's because they're characters from Nier and not generic sci-fi do robots have emotions story #90000

Why can't you tools understand this? The honeymoon period is over. Automata is just boring generic nonsense. There's nothing new or interesting about it and the characters are boring.

>I want to wander into a facility and find the corpse of Angelus strung up

I was kinda hoping we'd find some remnant of Red's body even though Grimoire Nier states that it disappeared fairly early on. Oh well.

>mfw current state of /v/ threads

It's just me shitting Taro saying it's his game and not Platinum's.

I like the first Nier a lot more as well but Automata is still the most fun I had with a game in years.

How do I proceed Emil's questline after beating him in front of his home?
I talked to him again after doing that but he just keeps saying the line about locking up his possessions in a box, even though I already beat him after stealing from said box.
How do I get the desert fight from here?

idk, i guess its impossible to like both nier and nier automata equally but like them for different reasons. not that i mind discussion over personal preferences, but since we're on Veeky Forums the arguments amount to "you're wrong because: I'm right / you're retarded"

i mean ffs the two games are trying to achieve two different things. it doesnt make one objectively better or worse than the other

9S hate really isn't long for this world in any form
It comes mostly from trying to read Automata like a book to begin with

Upgrade all your weapons to max.