Working 40 hours a week (actually 45, because "breaks") makes me mentally ill

Working 40 hours a week (actually 45, because "breaks") makes me mentally ill.

How to get a 30 hour job, with no breaks?

Other urls found in this thread:

pages.stern.nyu.edu/~adamodar/New_Home_Page/datafile/histretSP.html
allfinancialmatters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/SandP500_10-Year_Rolling_Returns_with-CPI.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Be valuable enough to your employer that they can't afford to lose you.

I knew this Greek guy that worked for an energy utilities company that showed up to work whenever he wanted, even though that went against their policies. They put up with it because he was the best guy they had.

Become self employed.
Invest in dividend stocks.
Rent out property for rental income.
Just get a part time job.

Retail job. Refuse to take breaks when you don't need them.

Refuse to take lunch and just go home early.

Rent out your apartment and go live in a shittier one or in a van.
Invest in index funds.
Quit your job and become a garbage man.

Or risk all of your money on shitcoin.

In my experience, the people who decide their first priority is making the most while doing the least end up in shit jobs where they're doing the most to make the least.

Put your nose to the grindstone. Work like a dog for a little while longer but save every penny that you can. When you have enough saved up, you'll be able to buy your own freedom. It's not easy, but it's doable.

You are required to take a break after so many hours by law in eu
You can be fired for it if your boss does not like you

>When you have enough saved up, you'll be able to buy your own freedom.
Or you could lose it all like a retard since you're not an investor and have no idea what the fuck you're doing. Then you'll neck yourself because you just lost your hard earned money.
This stupid idea that you have to work like a slave then you'll magically make profits with your saved money needs to die already.

>Just get a part time job
no one accepted my applications to 30 hour jobs, because I am not a mother or other groups that typically do less than full time.

My current employer mentioned that my application was well done. Its a good job, but I cant live with my current situation.

The only time in history that the Dow has had a negative return over a 10 year horizon was from 1928-1938. If you put money in and leave it there for an extended period of time, there is a 100% probability that you will make money.

Checked. But from this comment you seem extremely naive. If you invest your money, you are indeed an investor. You don't "magically" make profits from your money, it's well known knowledge. I've made £895 profit as of today since August by investing, and I only have £18k in stocks

This what worked my uncle.

Work hard and do everything your boss says. Sometimes to make it big, you have to kiss ass and listen to others. Anyways, work hard, follow orders, save money, and think off a business you want to start. This should be in an industry you have experience in and have skills. My uncle worked in a valet field for most of his life. In his late 20s, he started a valet company. He busted his ass to build it from the bottom and from nothing and now his company operates in different states and he has many different clients. Later he sold his company for an amazing deal and now he does nothing but invest in rental properties and consults other businesses.

>has had a negative return period before
>100% probability

> If you put money in and leave it there for an extended period of time

I was implying that you leave it in there for longer than 10 years. There has never been a negative 20 year return, for example.

I used to work as a security guard and worked 3x12s. It didn't pay for shit but only working 12 days a month was pretty great.

The picture should look different if you factor inflation into the mix.

>DOW sets a local maximum in 1929
>doesn't exceed again until around 1955
>muh "always positive over 10 years" meme

Reinvested dividends, retard.

Correct, then it would look like this for different asset classes.

10year rolling adjusted return would have been more interesting.

But the takeaway is: Hope that there isn't a big crash when you need the money?

>10year rolling adjusted return would have been more interesting.

pages.stern.nyu.edu/~adamodar/New_Home_Page/datafile/histretSP.html

On top of this page there is an link to the data in excel form, you can perform some calcs on that.

allfinancialmatters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/SandP500_10-Year_Rolling_Returns_with-CPI.pdf

This is a PDF link where the 10 year total return rate for only the S&P 500 are calculated.

Both data is in nominal returns though, not inflation adjusted.

And you shouldn't invest in stocks if you need the money on short notice.

that's illegal

because it's illegal. go work for yourself

Quite red in parts. Oh well. (It would be nice to see how many additional months one would have to hold to reach 0% CPI adjusted again. Probably even interesting for the downward trend to 0% CPI adjusted)

Though an Index-Fund is probably a better long-term bet than stock-picking.

FOREX stuff could be a snag though in terms of returns.

When you are negotiating salary terms for hire at the end of your second interview act as though the amount they are offering you is incredibly low.

Ask for a higher amount and if they refuse or counter, return to the original figure and say; "I could accept this, provided you will make the hours of a given work day to be on average an expected 6 hours per day rather than 8, making for ~30 work week.

A friend did this and his employers opted to give him Fridays off rather than meet his salary demands.

It works.

>be 3rd shift wageslave in grocery store
>make thousands pumping and dumping BTC
>they want me to go full time because most of the other fags suck
>always say no
>they schedule me 32-48 hours a week anyway
>change my availability to no more than 32 hours a week
>the butthurt is real

They're not worth it. No one is worth that.

>EU

i can't imagine working 40 hour weeks
i work at least 70 i'd say
>tfw fell for the self employment meme

git gud

>dividend stocks.
Are these available on Robinhood? Any suggestions?

hey at least you are not in IB and work 90-100 hrs a week!

what is IB?
100 hours a week is fine, if you got the other 3 off

Pinnacle?

not really.

this is how a buisness works in my experience

>best lad on the job grinds with no promotion in sight
>the employer's butt buddies get promoted

usually true.
If you do a really good job you become too valuable in that spot to promote.

What if you say, that you will look elsewhere and help train the new one?

If you really are valuable, then not even a new one trained by you would have a chance.