/agdg/ - Amateur Game Development General

There's never anything good on TV anyways.

> Previous Thread
> Play Demo Day 13 games
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-13/entries

> Play Comfy Jam games
itch.io/jam/agdg-comfy-jam

> Helpful links
Fanart and stuff: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6j4pcv3V-vfb3hKSlhRRzlLbFE
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/rmiZV5yX

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/LKEdLxdG

> Engines
tools.aggydaggy.com/engines

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

> How into .webm
OBS: obsproject.com
Webm for retards: gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/0ikkunet
youtube.com/watch?v=XPiUBGcoSp4
discord.gg/DZmNR
squidi.net/three/entry.php?id=210
moddb.com/games/switchum
youtu.be/JPxTwnUXUDI
youtu.be/bTplmVB_xX4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Godot or GMS2?

Why did you replace all the engine link with tools.aggydaggy.com/engines
But you didn't replace all the asset links with tools.aggydaggy.com/assets
Why did you add webm links instead of just linking to tools.aggydaggy.com/tools

Why even have all of those links at all when all of them are covered with just tools.aggydaggy.com

Reposting my song progress
clyp.it/0ikkunet

bleep blorp

When I do that, at least two of you shitters will waste valuable time with nodev.

fuck off

Godot is better overall, but a bit harder to get into. GMS is restrictive, but is more retard friendly.

If you know how to gamedev, use Godot.
If you don't and want to rely on the availability of tutorials, pick GM. I wouldn't necessarily recommend to pick up 2 this early in its development, but I haven't tried it yet.

Sounds like something out of Wario Land 4.

Terrible left-ear bias, though.

What these two said

If you're not a total beginner Godot is much better(at least from my experience).

>Wario Land 4
I don't think we had the same version.

I want to start a new game but I don't even know where to begin because I've been working on the same project for like 3 years and now I have a boyfriend who's a really popular furry artist and he wants to make a comfy game with furry characters and I'm doing it in C++ which I've never used before and I'm failing my courses in school and I still don't have a job

I should play Wario Land 4. I hear great things about it. Thanks for the feedback user

> now I have a boyfriend who's a really popular furry artist
>boyfriend who's a really popular furry artist
>popular furry artist

So is this the best way for doing multiplayer on Android for small peer-to-peer?

You should. It's extremely good.

Hello. Sold our souls to the devil and made a mobile game with some friends. Who wants to test it?

Change the name to Thicc Bunny and I'll consider it

Me

There's not much of an alternative on Android.

Sounds similar to me?

youtube.com/watch?v=XPiUBGcoSp4

All memes aside, the answer is obvious. You're sitting on a goldmine. Think about it. What is the only kind of game will make you tons of money in very little time that can benefit from your programming and your degenerate boyfriend's artistic "skills"?

You heard me cunt

don't you think that title is a little... problematic???

I still have a hard time connecting them. I know where you are coming from, but nah man.

All the best /agdg/ devs are fags
Google it

>little
Excuse me?!

i'm gonna need concrete examples

before you say it, the certain ""popular"" tripfag is not a dev

Google it

if you don't understand some word in "i'm gonna need concrete examples", google it, then once you fully understand my statement, return and answer my question please

Is this wide shot "wide" enough for a beginner friendly character?

Still need to make her mechanic specific HUD and replace all of the art that is still a holdover from the original prototype (like the moth balls hovering around her. They are temporary but for now they are offering the ultimate in moth tactical support).

Is there an agdg related discord?

No. We don't use botnets.

Could /agdg/ help with sprite? I can't put fucking titties in it. Right one is male, the left was supposed to be female but looks more like a fag or a flat-chested.

Restricting myself with 3 frames and 16 pixels width because anything more than that triples the work.

At least the male is OK?

Trust me, you really don't want to be in it. But here it is.
discord.gg/DZmNR

I wanna ride her dick

1. mute all channels but dev and artdev
2. done

>tfw studying CS in college
>tfw no free time to dev

Enjoy """"talking"""" with googum, rotate and sourcefam

Got time to be a frog poster though

>all these people spending 100's of hours learning to code or draw
>when Facebook is going to release a machine which will put anything you think of on screen immediately, in only 10 days

Face it nerds, Idea guys like me are going to rule the world

>16px width
That's not exactly a lot of room for tits. With clothing you could probably use a monoboob shadow to indicate bustage. Doubt you can do it in nude mode. 5 pxs chest width would probably allow for better symmetry; 4 pxs would have either off-center stuff or 2 pxs for what should really be just 1.

>male
Looks like he's using invisible rollerblades due to the angled feet. Both sprites have that shadow around the undies that makes the legs look kinda detached.

That's clearly a fucking kot

Stop using black lines as outlines and you have more pixels to work with.

ok

fatbunny.groovyantoid.com
Thanks bro. I hope you haven't got an iphone because unity shat out a 300mb monster of a build for whatever reason. gotta figure out how to optimize that shit.

what, why

t-thank you, user, but moths are not for lewd

Freedom or Slavery?

none of these are there though

>300mb
You guys really need to fix that, no one is going to download a 300mb mobile app for a 2D game.

>unity
>surprised about bloat

>implying
They are notorious for ban-dodging, samefagging and false-flagging.
Rotate was the one who started the whole AGDG discord shit, and googum kept shilling for discord for years.

>fatman talking about bloat
oh I'm laffin

Admin

stop talking out of your ass
somebody might fall for this meme

Wish I sex human girl instead of gamedeb

the problem with making a furry game just for money is the furry population is very little like 1% and then you have to find them which is even harder

> With clothing you could probably use a monoboob shadow to indicate bustage
This is what I can't get right, since I am a not!artist from the far away land of Veeky Forums.

>Looks like he's using invisible rollerblades due to the angled feet.
These are quite interesting for you pointing out. Will try to fix it, although with clothes and walking in an environment I (would like to) think that this doesn't show up much.

>Both sprites have that shadow around the undies that makes the legs look kinda detached.
Undies are only for me to guide myself when spriting, since this isn't saw with a clothed one.

That's not black, but a darker shade of darkest dark. And I prefer a blac... uh, dark outline to detach the characters from the environment.

Thank you both for the tips.

Dark outline isn't necessarily bad, but this shade of black doesn't help. Dark purple usually works.

i want to test it!

Excuse the cancerous AA. There's only so much I can do with a 128x128 .gif

squidi.net/three/entry.php?id=210
Idea guy: the idea game?

wow someone who is worse at pixel art than me

Got the first NPC (well, Subcommander Fiste was the first, but he's a special case since he's a move-teaching asset I'll be reusing. This is the first level-specific NPC) set up for Grazin' Grotto: Brenda-Mae!

She's the owner of the ranch (cows incoming) that forms the cornerstone of the level, and who built all the drawbridges, and will give you core shards if you bring her feed for her cows as a little side-mission.

Her animations aren't finished, but they're pretty close. The dialogue system is as reusable and simple as I was hoping, so back-pats for me, but this will be where I learn how to do level-conditional dialogue for whether or not you've been assigned or completed her quest.

Please disregard the lack of mouth movement, I don't have the facial-texture animation system set up yet. Nor do I have a dialogue animation for Dixie, and I need one. Oh, and please ignore the fact that she's tilling nothing, I have an asset for tilled soil in-progress.

Dixie's full name revealed! It's Dixie Douglas. Her sister is Trixie Douglas. In case you cared

I just picked the darkest color on the DawnBringers 32 color palette, because I haven't thought of using the second-most darkest color (the dark purple you mentioned).

Will save and look at it later. Thank you for your effort.

1% of what, the global population? That's like 70,000,000 people lad

I would love to help you on your game

I can program and do 3d modeling

>Will save and look at it later
I only added some pixel tits
thanks for humouring me d:

I can't really do either, but I'm fine doing it on my own. I'd rather it be sub-par than have to collaborate on this, it's a project I want to do myself.

>300 mechanics
That got a laugh out of me at first, but I'm seriously considering browsing through that and stealing one or two.

Looks cute, how big is the Android build though?

Actually, since you used AA, the colors went off, so even with just a couple of pixels, the color must be adjusted to see if it works as intended. That's why.

lets be filthy rich together

I tried

only 24mb so we're all very tired and confused and fed up with apple

how's that physics engine coming along?

I tried

only 24mb so we're all very tired and confused and fed up with apple

how's that physics engine coming along?

Is skill rust a good way to encourage specialization?

>skill rust
I am unfamiliar with this concept. Elaborate.

I wanna fug those female pixels

dont lie gayboy

It's a fancy way of saying "if you don't routinely use a skill, its level decreases".

So like, experience decay on upgradeable skills.

You can't grind a skill up and keep it maxed, if you don't continue grinding it it will decrease over time. So basically, the only skills that stay high level are ones you continue to use.

Haters will say it's traced.

>tfw it takes so much time to make a decent model in Blender and then a ton of time to make a background

Your character's skills degrade over time if not used. It's a mechanic that appears in some sandboxy games like CDDA.

The way I imagine doing it is have the skill go down linearly over time. Each skill would end up at an equilibrium point where how often the player exercises the skill matches the rate of degradation. Both the training speed and rust speed should be fairly low so you don't have huge fluctuations within a small time period. Otherwise you could have dumb stuff like "I make ten knives every day, I start my mornings at 5 smithing skill and end them with 10, and it goes back down to 5 after I sleep"

How do I make a hacking game?

I want the player to hack the NSA, hack area 51, hack the Russian elections as revenge, hack WikiLeaks and let them use a .gif to kill an epelectic and be sentenced to 30+ years in Guantanamo Bay.

I know C# and Unity and like to keep it light on the art and dialogue driven.

Give me your ideas you lazy fucks.

I see.
Personally, Punch Club had me frustrated doing this. The effect is worse when skills aren't mutually exclusive (to a point). For example, using one-handed versus two-handed swords. I wouldn't feel fucked by choosing one over the other, because that's just preference in playstyle. Having to decide between one-handed swords and lockpicking though is shit when you can't hack your way through doors on level 100 swordfighting.

Whoa! That's quite impressive! Really! Even with the added pixel width. Do you work with this? I'm willing to pay for a full spritesheet for both male and female, front, side and back versions, 3 frames each.

I'll test it. Give me details. I've also sold out to the mobile shizzle: moddb.com/games/switchum

Use compooders in yur gaem.

Is RPG maker MV decent, or should i just stick to game maker for mucking around and trying shit?

Yea, the gif is too big to load so here is a youtube link. youtu.be/JPxTwnUXUDI

Note towards the end that I jump to that bottom gray bar and it snaps instantly instead of finishing the jump height. Wasn't sure if this was related, but maybe? I also frequently fall through after trying to jump. I think this is probably related.

Ah I figures it out once I read a bit more of the thread, I'm a tester now.

What shit do you want to try?

does your game have screen shake?

You are Charlie
youtu.be/bTplmVB_xX4

So i dont want to set anyone one else off here
but what is the consensus on the pay what you want 2017 Master Game Development Bundle at stacksocial

i would link but i dont know if this is a bait question

I just noticed that the y-value is a float.

Try this after all your movement code:
x = round(x)
y = round(y)

yes

If you want to make an RPG with very generic classic RPG mechanics, RPG Maker can work for you.
But it is very specifically designed for that. If you want to have more freedom in what mechanics you have you'll need to use a more general engine like Gamemaker or others.

building up an srpg