/ndg/ Nier/Drakengard General #23

Route W: [W]EIGHT OF THE [W]ORLD

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[NieR:Automata PC/Steam Pastebin]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Theme
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

Previous Route:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UI04ZtgY0X0
youtube.com/watch?v=b0L_ofPno4c
youtube.com/watch?v=lhtYq3gBHmI
youtube.com/watch?v=G4PC-v6CZ_w
youtube.com/watch?v=5jXPJ24VL1I
youtube.com/watch?v=hi5hkVlWerQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=UI04ZtgY0X0

Thoughts on Yoko Taro's mobage?

Was just a shame NieR already did something similar involving children and I saw it coming from a mile away.

>yfw youtube.com/watch?v=b0L_ofPno4c started to play

Who /donenothingbutlistentotheOSTandreadthesethreadssincebeatingE/ here?

Link them.

Guys the FAR mod got a fix for the game's FPS destroying global illumination, your FPS will boost dramatically using it.

Post your favorite 8-bit song.

youtube.com/watch?v=lhtYq3gBHmI

Any sidequests absolutely worth doing other than the Emil ones?

All of them.

Oh this is what NieR was meant to be I guess. More focus on fairy tales. Fucking shame it's a mobile game.

Probably doesn't count as lore per se, but Jean-Paul's Melancholy is an absolute must.

There's nothing to this door behind the waterfall in the forest, right? Just asking since it does not have an apologetic robot

youtube.com/watch?v=G4PC-v6CZ_w

Literally all of them.

There should be an apologetic robot there

fugg

its poop

Huh. Maybe I already watched it die. Oh well, thanks.

What does it unlock though?

What are they supposed to be guarding? Unused/unfinished areas?

There's also an elevator in the factory that you can't open even after the become as gods part, no apologetic robot there either.

Must be cut content.

Just got ending B for Gestalt. I'm kinda confused though. If the shades are the twisted distorted fucked up humans that were corrupted and didn't survive the Gestalt program, why should I feel so bad for killing them? I know all the scenes in NG+ give them character and make you feel bad for killing them but they aren't really humans anymore.

>4:00

Poop. Its just poop.

According to some nig on reddit, there's absolutely nothing behind them (yet?)

youtube.com/watch?v=5jXPJ24VL1I

That was the best credits sequence I've ever experienced. Fantastic ending to the game.

Do you have no heart?

Is resetting his memory really the right thing to do...?

>P Shield
>blocks melee attacks

>M Shield
>blocks projectile attacks

>it swaps through different languages
>the choir kicks in
>find out it's the dev team.

Oh my fuck it gets me every damn time

A Gestalt is just a human soul. They're still human and not corrupted, they're just more aggressive because of relapsing since their replicants have become self aware. The child ones at the start don't even attack you first, the game makes you do it

Has anyone been able to catch the beetle fish? I've been fishing at the oasis for nearly 4 straight hours and haven't gotten a single one.

I started a second playthrough but I stopped halfway through.

>P Shield.
>Blocks Physical attacks.

>M Shield.
>Blocks Magical attacks.

so how melancholic / depressing would a game be that was developed by fromsoft and directed by both taro and miyazaki? and what would be the odds taro would force them to make a rhythm section?

The shades aren't necessary insane. Some of them do became bonkers, but a lot of them still are entirely aware.

really activates my circuitry

My point is that even if you do nothing to save yonah ala Ending D, humanity is still fucked because the Gestalt program failed and shades are going to go fuck up the remaining replicants.

In both ending A and B so far the shades are explained as basically feral corrupted remnants of humans though.

I don't know I just walked away from there.
Couldn't bring myself to do any of the other two options.

I remember this making more sense in Japanese but I don't want to boot up my game to check.

Nothing yet, gonna try it out at least if it comes out in English, I'm playing KMR, nothing can be worse than that.

>game makes me do it
>I'm supposed to feel bad

Hope you have some scotch and a loaded shotgun.

I'm not even sure "Taro game" means anything at all. He has stated many times before he doesn't like doing the same thing over and over so he would probably reject any labels such as that. Every game he has made is very different from the previous. Very different tone, different narrative approach, different character treatment, different scope, different themes...

If anything, a Yoko Taro game is a game full of creativity and love put into it. A game made by someone who tries to go beyond what's been done before, and regardless of the result being better or worse, at least it can say something very few can say, it's new and unique. And I think Automata is that and much more.

I don't remember it saying that they're feral, they're just the human soul data extracted from their body when WCS hit. If all shades were feral and corrupted then there'd be no reason for Weiss, Noir or the twins

Nor would it be relevant that Nier basically causes the extinction of humanity

It wasn't a response to feeling bad, it was meant to say that they're not feral or corrupted, they're just kids being kids

>nobody bothers to make peace with the machines even though humans are extinct
>keep fighting a pointless war for over a thousand years for no damn reason
>this in turn causes the machines to continually evolve and grow to hate the androids
>no hope for unity
>it's nier killing the shadowlord all over again

At first i wanted to make some meme text but...
i did it properly for them...
; _ ;

kind of hard to make peace when what they want is war

> If all shades were feral and corrupted then there'd be no reason for Weiss, Noir or the twins
The twins and the grimoire project was started prior to any instances of shades though

So what's up with it being day all the time? Was that ever explained?

I think in Gestalt it was stated that the days were growing longer.

It's explained in the original Nier and Engels asks that question, too.

Think it has something to do with the earths rotation fucking up or something or other. I don't quite remember it myself.

i don't have smartphone user, i have trash that's only purpose is to make calls

I have a feeling I can learn a lot about story telling by playing his games.

Like that moment in the beginning of route B where you play as the little robot. They are not even related to the story per se but the short moment still draws connections to everything and does weird things to the player.
I loved that moment.

stop

We've made Yoko Taro bingo cards. There's a lot of things he tends to do quite often, like cause suffering and kill children.

iirc it had to do with earths axis changing
don't quote me on that though

Reconaissance squad is absolute trash though

Mine was very similar.

>2B and 9S put their lives on the line.
>Therefore,
>give it your all!

I'm pretty sure you can emulate android apps on PC.

>mfw emboldened by all the messages
>"2B and 9S put their lives on the line. With that in mind, can you avert your eyes and walk away?"
>keep trying to slog through
>eventually accept help
>mfw the credits went on for like 5 times longer than the furthest i'd been able to get solo

how fast can someone do the A route?

how fast could someone do E route save wipe ending?

assuming no glitches. just bare minimun anything

Which is ironic, because the data files you find on machines say they constantly fail over and over and never actually learn. The androids do basically the same thing.

>like cause suffering and kill children
Kind of like how Araki loves to kill animals in Jojo

2B9S
O T P
T
P

Yeah, look into Bluestacks.

Speedrunners have A route under 2 hours right now, early days though, it will get faster.

youtube.com/watch?v=hi5hkVlWerQ

But that's nothing special. Might as well put 'combat' in it then.

Well, that 9S was going to go nuclear was almost predictable having played the other games. Absolute despair and suffering is pretty much the only common aspect all his games have, but even that is approached in many different and meaningful ways.

Can you post that bingo card? It must be recent because I haven't been in these threads since the game released and I've never seen it before outside of the shitposting bingo.

Yeah but Grimoire Weiss and Noir attempt to fuse in the mid point of the game to return all Gestalts to their respective Replicants. Popola and Devola still function as observers as well.

Some shades can become berserker but most of them are just fighting back because you killed the rest of them. See: Mother Goose,
Roc, Kalil etc.

From Grimoire Nier

Let's ask director Yoko a simple question 2: Why doesn't it ever get completely dark at night?

Yoko: The axis of the earth has changed in that time period, the sun won't sink below the horizon even at night – it’ll be like a midnight sun.

And I think somewhere in the DLC it mentions an apocalypse that divided the world into two. One that knows not day, and one that has never seen night.

While I agree what that user meant was probably Taro's use of multiple endings/routes and having twists that can dramatically change how something is viewed. Those two elements have been consistent regardless of how the game is presented.

But really I love how you typed that up. It's nice seeing how there are people who would die trying to claim that either DoD1, Nier or Automata is #1. Never seen people do the same for DoD3 though except for the love of it's characters.

I thought it was because Cavia was lazy

You can have recurring elements but still have completely different games overall. Are DoD1 and Nier the same game because in both you kill children?

What the fuck was with the apothecary in Kaine's memories?

to clarify the new FAR fix that "DrDaxxy" came up with lets you either turn off or lower the Global Illumination method Platinum used for the game.

It can increase your FPS by up tto 60% AT 4k resolution with very minimal loss of quality turned off, or damn near no loss of quality turned down from 128 samples to 16.

What this means is that Platinum Games didn't give PC players an option to more than double their frame rates in some situations, on literally any PC build. Nor did they optimize the shader on console(it's also 128 samples on PS4) and this is why the game runs poorly despite looking pretty damn bad.

slowclap.mp4

Genuinely giggled.

But shit, 9S rolling around in pain and flailing impotently like that was hard for me to watch.

>that part where he caresses his own face with the 2B model's hand before tearing it off

Can anyone confirm if the lock making robot dies in Pascal's village if you didn't complete his quest? I was surpised to find out he was alive in my playthrough but it could just be that him being alive is a constant

Could be but hey at least they gave okay excuses.

That's how it always is until Taro comes up with a reason for why it should stay that way. See his logic behind DOD1's gameplay being the way it is

Where do I get sound disc 4 and 5?

He never said they weren't different. His just saying there are common stuff he put into his games.
Why you gotta mad?

>runs bad on PS4
Runs fine on mine. Haven't noticed any major drops at all.

He's always alive and locked behind that door.

Yeah that's the only way I can see anything good happening, is fusing the gestalts back with their replicants which can't happen unless you ending D yourself because you always start past that point. Some of the documents in the game I think made it seem like replicants might not be able to fuse with shades. Or heck, at this point with so many shades killing replicants are there even enough replicants left to pull it off?

Actual spoiler in case you haven't made it to the end of path C yet:

Android black boxes are repurposed machine cores, so the irony of them judging the machines for trying the same shit over and over again with no change is that they are also describing themselves

get ending D and E and keep your save data. but then do ending E again and do the right thing.

The original point was about how each Taro game was vastly different in terms of scope and presentation. Yes, there are some things that you can notice in all games, but that's kind of irrelevant in the big scheme of things regardless, don't you think?

I wish I was like you. You're like those guys who said MGR ran at 60fps on consoles.

If I remember right the tree shits out more Replicants if the old ones die. It's interesting you mention that though because the possessed villagers in the aerie later in the game are just Gestalts that entered a Replicant.
Tyrann and Kaine are the same kind of deal.
Also I'm sorry but Ending D only saves Kainé. The Shadowlord is dead and mankind dies eventually no matter what happens.
The only hope was the fusion of Noir and Weiss or the current Nier Replicant dying

Call me an ass but I really didn't like playing through the story as 9S and 2A after 2B died
That overload on angst and pure hatred really disgusted me and I loved DoD1. There were still great moments like Dev and Popo and Pascal but overall Automata lost me.

Fun fact:

If you look at the timelines, even the successful fusions ended up regressing and going berserk.

Humanity had literally no chance.

but D wipes your saved data basically retconning everything you did.

Irrelevant? Yeah but like I said he was just saying common things throughout his games. He wasn't even trying to bash anyone's opinions.

Which was my argument as to why should I really feel bad since I wasn't really the one dooming humanity.

Damn that takes away a bit off my relief. Still glad he makes it though. Looks like he's achieved his dream of making strong locks already, it's just 9S is too smart.

For the player, maybe. But the universe continues without you, and ends up leading to Automata.

My apologies in that case, then. I misread it.

You sweet summer child
Everyone is fucking dead because of you