twitter.com/AnonBabble

>paying for than 100k for a Japanese car
what did he meme by this?

paying four then 100k

>paying over 1k for a car

Why?

>100k for a tahoe

>cadillac
GMC is just as good but lacks the badge.

>slower than a mustang
ouch

Why if it was a lexus?

more like cadillac is just as shit as gmc lmao

>100k for a toyota
even worse

What's the story behind this? The NSX is usually in the same league as the Viper ACR and nipping on the heels of the top three hyper cars
>inb4 meme answers

Damn the nsx looks so much nicer

designed by women for women

Ford just so happens to be GOAT

meme answers

It has all that pigfat hybrid shit yet it still manages to be lighter

GTR a shit

it's true though and you know it

No I want actual technical answers, but I guess this is the wrong place

It's ~200lbs heavier than the GT350R and with the magic of ford performance they made a straight line machine into a good track car. That's really all there is to it unless you want the nitty gritty technical specs.

Obviously I want nitty gritty technical data

That thing surpassed the ACR and is in the same league as current hypercars

They shouldn't have made it a hybrid, who the fuck buying a 100k super car gives a shit about gas costs?

The hybrid isn't about fuel savings, it's about torque fill and torque vectoring, the same thing the 918 Spyder does at 1/10th the price

If you've ever driven one you'd know that the way it launches, accelerates, and powers through corners is unreal

It hasn't surpassed the ACR, nothing has yet. And it's not in the same league as hypercars just because it has electric motors

the NSX design team pretty much abandoned what made the original NSX good, that being good reliability for a "super"car all while looking good. They went and stuck heavy electric motors in the vehicle instead of better and lighter mechanical components, prioritized looks (from a female perspective) over practicality which makes it looks and perform like shit, and sticking every meme technology they could in it (like torque vectoring and regenerative braking) which don't help it much on a high speed track. it also sounds like a wet fart. This is the "designed by women" argument.
The GT350R is essentially a mustang that Shelby took and removed everything that didn't help it on the track and then they messed with the downforces and suspension to give it good handling they probably also retuned the engine (I can't remember). This is the "ford magic" argument.
For a better answer another user might come along or you could look up exactly how each car was built to get a better understanding of why they perform the way they do.

Because GT-R is actually faster than a corvette

>

>New Sportscar eXperimental
You know the original NSX was a heavy boat with an interior lined with plush leather?

>2700lbs vs 3800lbs

>

Only the hideously expensive Type R was that light, the regular NSX was just over 3000lbs

The NSX got me into cars, I'm a massive fanboy and almost bought one too, but you're just delusional

still lighter and overall better than the pigfat nuNSX

You've driven both?

because i car

If I was that successful do you think I'd be benchracing on a mongolian horse riding forum?

not everyone is a poorfag ya know

>the NSX design team pretty much abandoned what made the original NSX good
No, they abandoned a design that worked for the 90s era and adopted a new and better design for the modern era.
>that being good reliability for a "super"car all while looking good
Looks are subjective and you can't make a faster car with modern technology and expect it to be just as reliable as older more analog cars. a Modern Corolla probably isn't as reliable as a Corolla from the 90s but considering its 3-4 times as fast with more interior space and creature comforts that would've made it more luxurious than the top level Lexus of the time i think we both know which route people prefer.

>They went and stuck heavy electric motors in the vehicle instead of better and lighter mechanical components
It would've made the car artificially much more expensive to just throw money at lightweight materials like carbon fiber and shit which might not even guarantee high performance for the price especially since it still has to have creature comforts and modern safety shit (all new cars post 2016 have to have side curtain airbags unless they sell a convertible trim) than to just use the technology they have to try and make it faster for a fair price. When the old NSX came out it was barely faster than a C4 and slower than a C5/M3 (unless you had the Type S/Type R) all while being much more expensive now imagine trying to go that route when the competition is (much) tougher. you'd be Paying 488/Mclaren money and it probably wouldn't be worth Honda's time to mass produce because they don't have the badge of either of those cars to demand that money.

>sticking every meme technology they could in it (like torque vectoring and regenerative braking) which don't help it much on a high speed track
The technology makes it easier to upgrade over time vs going the Ferrari route where if they want to make it faster they have to use even more expensive shit.

also
>2017
>being sexist

connection error

lets try posting in two parts
>No, they abandoned a design that worked for the 90s era and adopted a new and better design for the modern era.
No, they took what made the original NSX good and threw it out the window. This is a fat ""super""car that will probably have reliability issues after a few years because of all the new and very complex technologies. They're als trying to cover two very different segments; the richfag commuter section and the richfag supercar section. the two just do not mesh.

nevermind. part 2/3 hopefully
>Looks are subjective and you can't make a faster car with modern technology and expect it to be just as reliable as older more analog cars.
laughsinmustangV8burble. An NA V8 (relatively old technology) in a ponycar btfo the nuNSX with all it's fancy technology.
>It would've made the car artificially much more expensive to just throw money at lightweight materials like carbon fiber
or just get more power with a V8 or V10. before the second gen(?) got scrapped it was supposed to have a V10.

I don't understand why people keep bringing the ACR for comparison in these discussions. It's basically a road legal race car driven outside a track only by masochists.
Japs won't be as fast on a track but at least they won't break your spine..

final part because this shitty website can't help but break
>The technology makes it easier to upgrade over time
wut? Technology is way more difficult and costly to upgrade. Once it's put in a vehicle it's typically there to stay until the next model year.
>2017
>not knowing that women shouldn't design cars
newatlas.com/go/2672/
also
>reddit spacing

I can't find it now but there was a laptime chart where the NSX sat right in between 2 ACR laptimes. The top 3 were the hypercars

So this meme about the NSX being shit is pointless, it's fast as fuck while having a luxurious interior

I'm pretty sure that those guys 'competing' any American car vs a foreign car are bias towards the American car. Just a thought

That's like 2/10s of a second, changes in asphalt temperature could affect that

honda has a lot to fix with the type r
>drop normal nsx to 150k
>price type r at what the current nsx costs
>facelift to get rid of the fuck ugly front bumper while keeping everything else the same
>make the interior and usability not suck ass
>fake exhaust sounds from speakers
there,i fixed it
hire me honda

>damage control

The current NSX costs like $155k

Thing is a lot of the NSX can be updated with just a software update

god DAMN the new NSX is SO FUCKING UGLY

oh my bad i was thinking of euros not dollars

i think there's more to it than just that,it's not some useless tesla that comes with throttling from the factory,right?

it's just the ugly god damn front bumper
the rest of the car is sexy as fuck

yeah i really like the ass even though it's ripped off a DB9 but that front is so fucking civicy

shoulda asked pininfarina to design the new one too

Holy fucking shit why can't i POST!?

The V6 is making all that much power, it can easily make 600bhp alone before you consider the electric motors

The rest of the systems can be updated as well as they learn more about how the car handles and behaves in all sorts of different situations. If owners are complaining about the lack of feel they can easily dial that in since things like the brakes are electronically controlled in it, though from what I could tell in my few minutes in one the weird feeling is a result of the regenerative braking

Pininfarina designed this. Honda designed the NSX you're thinking about

connection error?

>This kills the GTR

yes

Yes, i'm trying to reply to but i get "connection error" even though i can reply anywhere else even in this thread just not to him so apparently that's just too much. i can't even make a short reply to him but i bet this comment will go through now that i'm not addressing the content of his post.

I guess he wins for now but this is going to give me WEAPON'S grade autism for the rest of the day.

try to take a screenshot of the post then post the screenshoot.
gookmoot fix this

>500

Lexus face is like a very angry screaming asian. He's going really fast, but he's reckless and nobody likes him because he's always so angry.

GTR face looks like a wise sage, maybe a bit stoned, but he keeps it straight. He hides his potential with a nonchalant demeanor, but he is race ready at all times. Has a lot of friends.

Shitty biased motorkike test
What's new

That's impossible! The JEE TEE ARU is invincible!

No it doesn't