/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

Alcohol poisoning Edition.

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv

>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw

>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM

>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/chernobyl-relay-chat
youtube.com/watch?v=YEIOI7_2A4k
gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/skins/39349-stalker-clear-sky-faction/
moddb.com/mods/stalker-clear-sky-the-faction-war
youtube.com/watch?v=-x7r5_rIjSA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread:

first for monolith, bandits and doody are the shittiest tier faction.

second for freedom cause i ain't walking in there first, retard

anyone try that gore mod that just got uploaded to moddb for com?

I tried it for coc once and it had bad looking blood splashes from a distance

>Get subcontractor mission to kill stalker from merc
>When I get there and talk to the stalker he gives me a quest to kill the guy who put a bounty on him
>Finish the quest, collect the reward and shotgun him
>Go and collect reward from Merc

Damn it feels good to be a gangster

I've never seen that logged off message before.

Drinking stalker game user : please update on progress if able to.

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/chernobyl-relay-chat

In game chat mod for CoC

Any chat mod for Clear Sky : Call of Duty Wars?

Whaaaaat! sweeet, thanks dude. does it work for com? I'm going to try it out anyway.

Ayyy cheeki breeki babay!
youtube.com/watch?v=YEIOI7_2A4k

yes

Actually upon closer inspection the field cooking kit does have a place in CoM as it is a one-use only item (don't ask me why), but for only ~13% of the cost of a proper low-tier cooking set.
So in other words it's an immediate, low cost solution for cooking your food when you need it, but should be replaced by a proper kit as soon as you get the money.

Add CRC to the OP

Yeah, it works for any CoC/CoM and other addons

Yee, It's cozy as fuck. I love it

The loner/military trashtalk was great

gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/skins/39349-stalker-clear-sky-faction/

Now you can cheeki breeki AND Clear Sky fag!

wtf are the shovels used for in CoM and original misery? take up inventory space??

In the Red Forest mine, where you go to retrieve the Compass artifact, there's a room in the basement filled with electrical and fire anomalies.

There's an artifact at the end of the room, but I can't find a way to get to it without immediately dying to the anomalies.

How the fuck do I get to it?

Try using artifacts to up electrical and flame protection then spam F1 as you run to it?

In CoM, do you need the psy helmet or something else to go to X-18 ?

I just die slowly when I get there but I see no effect icons. Had a similar experience in the bottoms of Agroprom where the fire ball anomaly room is.

CTD on loading saves in CoC, can't figure out why

* phase time: 1847 ms
* phase cmem: 1859338 K
* phase time: 63 ms
* phase cmem: 1859342 K
* phase time: 55 ms
* phase cmem: 1859336 K
* [win32]: free[1683180 K], reserved[167824 K], committed[2343236 K]
* [ D3D ]: textures[1088876 K]
* [x-ray]: process heap[1859336 K], game lua[37016 K], render[4552 K]
* [x-ray]: economy: strings[22748 K], smem[13240 K]
stack trace:

[error][ 87] : The parameter is incorrect.

stack trace:

Please help?

Just more trash to sell.

Oh shit nvm found out why, turns out typing on death with the game chat mod crashes your game

Sid died like a hundred times it was fun

i was

Also are we still using unmoderated chat? or do we just pack our things and use normal chat

>the thing that is both visually and in terms of text description a large collection of cooking utensils, pots, and pans is a single use, disposable item

CoM finds a new way to baffle me every day.

my first time playing clear sky any tips or mods i should get?

you need a fuck ton of psy protection. you probably don't see any effect because you have your NVD on

Yeah, unmoderated is the /sg/ room. The crowd died out around about three hours, but it was bustling during the afternoon and early evening.

uninstall, play SoC or CoP

Use clear sky reclamation project mod it fixes stuff so that nice

Yeah really took me by surprise too, I was actually in the middle of modding the number of meals cooked per fuel so naturally I thought I had fucked something up when I saw the kit dissapear.

Is that shitty cooking thing that only uses charcoal under the item.itx? I want to change that shit to five uses.

speaking of, on saint pats day I drank a lot of vodka and had the worst hangover of my life the next day.
Was puking green bile up all day despite only drinking water the whole time
and since then my shits have been dark green.

Is there something wrong with me? besides being an alcoholic.

It's actually items_cooking.ltx under configs/misc/items/, but there's nothing there related to the number of uses. It's probably determined in some script, and I may have a hunch as to where it is.

Called it, it's in ui_itm_cooking.script and it's pretty funny how it works actually like many other things in X-Ray.
Turns out, using any type of cooking kit will "consume" it and remove it from your inventory in the process, but in the case of the wood and multi-fuel stoves these are added back right away, giving the illusion that they have unlimited uses.

Can I use absolut nature with CoM? I want to get better performance on my toaster

I'm currently doing my first playthrough with:

>latest SRP
>Absolute Nature & Structures
>Atmosfear for CS
>Clean HUD

Make sure you go through the SRP optional addons in the ZIP and install whatever sounds good. I recommend Alternative Ballistics and No Enemy Map Spots at the very least.

>besides being an alcoholic
Like an actual one? Former alcoholic here. That sounds like the beginning of withdrawals. It gets worse

So I just run the .exe and it auto installs the mod?

yes

so which one of you autists is the guy in the comments with the fallout avatar telling the author he needs to mod the chat cause someone called him a nigger? kill yourself, i know its one of you faggots

What are the absolute needed mods with CoP?

there are none just play the game faggot

no.

wew lad fucking kill me
I hadnt planned on giving up the sauce but I guess I better

It's for the best user. I don't know if you are as bad as me but I was drinking a 5th or more of 80 proof every day for a while. I felt like dying quitting cold turkey. You may want to just wane off it. Only reason I didn't was I don't have the most discipline so I just had to quit altogether whether it killed me or not. But enough of my blog. I hope you get through this user. Drink a fuck ton of water and take ibuprofen and acid reducers for your stomach.

thanks mate, this shit was starting to legit scare me, like my liver is broken or something.

>Sidorovich was killed by heli
>Sidorovich was killed by military
>Sidorovich was killed by military

I was having a solid chuckle

SRP and absolute structures/nature, a vanilla overhaul weapon mod if you can find would be nice, like OWR for coc, dunno if it exists.

fuck you faggot and your "cs is behd" autistic wewladdery. we are not in 2008 anymore you piece of shit. CS is fine

I thoroughly enjoyed the CS+AO+SRP merge in the repo.

lol'd

been gone for a year
have there been any good new mods? what should i play

>CS is fine
I agree counter-strike is still a good game.

Decided to play CoC again. I'm running 1.4.12 and got it from the repack. Should I use AO, OWR, STCOP or the weapon gulash?

STCOP

Are there any multiplayer/coop mods for stalker?

>sitting on chans
>getting upset over someone calling you nigger
Does not compute

Played all the games and some mods. Had a blast with AMK and OGSE. CoC didn't do it for me though.
What can you recommend me in terms of overhauls mission and storywise?

I'm an actual slav, so russkie mods are also welcome

I refuse to believe its a normie fag, the pip boy avatar has me convinced its a troll

If you arent so much into CoC, try CoM with some tweaks. I suggest roadside picnic + adjusting the stamina rape, STcoM adds some nice variety too. The thing i like the most in CoM is the AI is just way better, often i've had cheeki's sneak up on my in the middle of a rainy night and wont shoot til they have their TOZ to the back of your head, its a welcome change being hunted instead of doing the hunting

I heard that Call of Misery is also a freeplay overhaul mod with hardly any new massive missions. I also welcome the difficulty in my stalker mods, but what I'm looking for is some well-thought out stories and missions like in OGSE. Does CoM offer that?

Just go with SGM or JP2, lots of good mods listed in whatmod that might be to your liking.

is there a call of chernobyl patch that doesn't include the clear sky maps
some are alright in places but if I get another ecologist rescue mission in the bottom corner of the swamp again I'm breaking something

are you mentally disabled?

I guess not what you want then, its really just Misery + CoC merge with extended hobo phase thanks to misery economy.

Last time I tried that one out there was an instant message not to hurt the feelings of minorities and retards. I aint installing that shit if I am surrounded by casual redditors.
Is there a channel for Veeky Forums?

You do know that there is a stalker subreddit which also referenced this "issue"? I incidentaly stumbled over it while searching for the relay, I am still cringing. Probably one of those niggers in the comment section.

no.

>he doesnt know about fast travel

How does a pip boy avatar discard him as a normie?

Are you one of the casual redditors too stupid to click on fucking options?

live a long, cancerous life if you play and support any form of the shittery mod. just sayin'

>I'm too stupid to tweak the game/download already made tweaks

Any way to get back into the mobile lab in Yantar? Sakharov is just chilling outside at the moment.

Also, I was a shitter that spammed the NPCs in 1.4.12 of CoC so I could offload all my weapons. 1.4.22 has broken this, any way to find where the relevant script/.ltx files were?

I agree ukraine CoD is okay!

Clear Sky with faction war mod?

moddb.com/mods/stalker-clear-sky-the-faction-war

wot

>help me be a shitter
>double

Goddamn these blowouts in AMK are intense

youtube.com/watch?v=-x7r5_rIjSA

Can i join monolith in CoP?

is there a mod that lets me do it?

Is Ray of Hope fully kill then lads?

Would anyone recommend Escape from Tarkov?

Somewhat of a mixed bag with me. I've played SHoC in the past, when a friend lend me his boxed copy. But my PC couldn't handle it back then. So I've dropped it at some point. Don't know exactly when that was. Probably around 2009?
When the series got released on GOG I instabought them (February 2014). But I only finished SHoC around last year, took a break from them, finished CS a few months back, and am now headed towards the end of CoP, as far as I can tell.

Hugely depends on what you're looking for. That game is not related to stalker in the slightest, it's more of a washed down DayZ clone,but with no zombies and huge focus on PVP

They fixed the storyline, r-right?

Looks promising, looks like the closest thing we'll get to a new stalker for now at least anyways. I'm cautiously optimistic but im holding out on buying it til there more content

Thanks I'm tempted to pick it up if it drops below 50usd

Closed beta is coming sometime in the summer and theres an open beta after that, might wanna jump in then, it will have alot more content then aswell hopefully.

Thanks has anyone here played it? Any impressions?

Looking to make SoC look good, weather overhauled and shaders max look good right? But which texture pack would you recommend? the absolute structure/nature or photo realistic zone?

Complete mod

So is Radiophobia any good?

It has Librarians from Metro