/ndg/ Nier/Drakengard General #24

Route X: E[X]ISTENTIAL CRISIS

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[NieR:Automata PC/Steam Pastebin]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Theme
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

Previous Route:

Other urls found in this thread:

kaiserlee.deviantart.com/art/NieR-Automata-Emil-Yoko-Taro-Head-Papercraft-670350163
youtube.com/watch?v=5LTnuf4RQLU
youtube.com/watch?v=CrOUCJay_7U
youtube.com/watch?v=oUn-kezLzeY
youtube.com/watch?v=ubMf__iB8iI
youtube.com/watch?v=bij0F7kVe-o&
youtube.com/watch?v=0IEbfDtDaUc
youtube.com/watch?v=xlYAIALi_xU
youtube.com/watch?v=hWSkW8TKrXc
youtube.com/watch?v=LgLjNDhPfew
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone got that 9S CUHRAYZEEE combo gif?

LEWD 2B9S
O T P
T
P

YEAH I KNOW HOW LOVE WORKS BUT I WAS NEVER TEMPTED TO KISS BLOOD AND WINE INTO MY EX'S MOUTH.
I still feel really bad for Two and Weissyhiko but it's just an odd bit in the last memoir.

>9S was literally ruining the game with hacking shit
>turn on auto mode to skip all boring as fuck hacking puzzles
>enjoy the fun bits again
Huh so there is some use to this after all.

A2 best girl

Want your own wearable Emil head?
I got you covered user. Guaranteed to lure in 2B cosplayers.
kaiserlee.deviantart.com/art/NieR-Automata-Emil-Yoko-Taro-Head-Papercraft-670350163

If I chose not to delete my save, can I go back and delete it now without having to fight the final boss again?

No excuses scrub
You can use both sticks to control your firing direction.

Post fav songs from each game

DoD 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5LTnuf4RQLU
DoD 2: never played
DoD 3: youtube.com/watch?v=CrOUCJay_7U
Nier: youtube.com/watch?v=oUn-kezLzeY
Automata: youtube.com/watch?v=ubMf__iB8iI

Yes. It's at the bottom of chapter select.

A4 is best girl too and she's not dirty, unlike the other Four.

I still can't believed they cucked their own playerbase, half the people who picked the game up did so for 2B and some little shortsfag comes along and slaps her ass.

It's not fair.

Think of how bird feeds child. Oddly makes sense when you consider the Disciples are birds even.
At some point, 2 probably just stopped swallowing anything.

He probably had to force it down her mouth else it'd fall out.
Also maybe Intoners need blood for something. Or maybe Disciple blood is nutritious in some way.

Just be happy he was a good enough dude to not take advantage of her in her absent state of mind.

just finished 1st playthrough

is there really nothing to the combat beyond holding shoot and mashing light attack?

MOAR LEWDS!

Well you have a heavy button two, with dodge offset attacks and light -> heavy specific animations, and also multiple weapon types with chip set ups to let you have more fun..

>he's never loved someone enough to incorporate the currency of their souls into foreplay

I know, I already deleted my save once. I just can't have fun with him in route C/D/E anymore. He's arguably the most fun character to use to invade the forest and that sort of stuff by taking over enemies and his combat is pretty good but holy shit his story shooting bits are so annoying.

I had no idea you can talk to him, i actually tried because you keep seeing that fucking npc dot on the map but i never managed to, what's the gimmick?

SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
BUSINESS DIVISION VI
CHARACTER DESIGN

do I have to be 9s to fight emil?

Why is the hole at such an angle?
Do i have to slouch all 'Con for this?

Chapter 17-11?

If you're playing on normal with healing chips like offensive heal you're basically turning the game into easy mode. On hard and Vhard git gud is very much a thing.

Try not using healing mods and if that doesn't float your boat try a harder difficulty.

Look again, the hole is on the bottom.

Only car Emil since you have to hack the chest

>Hack Emil like 10 times
>his health goes down by like a pixel

So i guess i need to be level 99 too to beat this guy?

Yes. You still have to shoot through the credits though.

Yes

Stand on the platform in front of him.

The bird thing is an interesting possible excuse actually.

Got me there dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=bij0F7kVe-o&
youtube.com/watch?v=0IEbfDtDaUc
youtube.com/watch?v=xlYAIALi_xU

Why does this bother me?

Fuck. I didn't want to have to shoot the credits but if it's the only way

Time to sell everything I own to buy the achievements

[despair]

I managed to make it to MARKETING DIVISION on my first try.
Kinda proud of myself for that one, since I particularly don't care for bullet-hells.

I was actually a little disappointed that the lunar tear went in A2's hair and not over here eye.

I think 2B would look much better with a low waist side tie bikini bottom like in this pic. What do you think?

>tfw he gets destroyed and you have to tell the mother about his death

No. You look again. Its at an angle biasing towards to rear. If i wanted to see where i was going or who i was talking to i'd be slouching 24/7.

with Fix (NieR) Automata Resolution mod, how do I disable this overlay?

>Business Division VI

I think combat armor should have been an option from the start.

>We 40K now

Shit taste detected.

Pretty accurate

looks okay but Leotard leaves more to the imagination

I offset the angle of the hole so the mouth and nostril which are the only way to see out of the helmet to be a bit more in line with the eyes.
It's paper so you can easily edit it.

I betting he didn't do ending E

Yahtzee was pretty democratic on it all things considered. He admits that he liked the game despite not entirely knowing why.

Everyone always asks for your favourite tracks from these games, and there are a SHITLOAD of potential favourites, but I'm more interested in peoples least favourite tracks.

For the original Nier, I like these two the least:
youtube.com/watch?v=hWSkW8TKrXc
youtube.com/watch?v=LgLjNDhPfew

For Automata:
I'm not quite familiar with the names of the entire OST just yet, but it'll probably be one of the "THIS IS A SAD/SHOCKING MOMENT" tracks that plays at the end of some sidequests. I just found it super forced. Let me feel things naturally, don't try and force these things.

Curious androids find artifacts of your belongings in the city ruins. What do they speculate about your lifestyle?

Yeah. I don't really watch him for the reviews as much as the well written "in jokes" you'd only get if you've played the game yourself.

I genuinely can't think of a track on the Nier A ost that I think is less then stellar. I know some people don't like a few of the J'Nique Nicole tracks, though.

I don't have anything that would last 9 thousand years. Except maybe my computer?

>Watching this little bitch cry on stream while playing Ending E

I teared up too. He looked so happy.

>He admits that he liked the game despite not entirely knowing why.
Isn't that almost exactly what Taro wants Nier to be anyways?

Doesn't have to be something you hate or dislike, just whatever you like the least.
I don't have anything against Deep Crimson Foe or Dance of the Evanescent, I just don't particularly care for them, especially compared to the rest of the OST.

>A bunch of Madoka Magica figurines
>This must be the residence of the subclass of human known as a shit NEET

Just finished route A and now I have a question I never wanted to ask.

How long do I have to play as 9S?

9S found fucking accounting records in the desert. Let's assume things get preserved really well in this universe (like concrete...)

anyone?

Seeing as you gave me the angles i was actually going to try and 3d print that. I can see what you're saying and i'd have to make it out of paper first to be sure but i feel i'd either sit with the eyes staring at the ceiling and my head resting on the back wall the way its made now whereas if it was dead center more or less i could just prop it up using a scarf like Yoko or some such and the mouth would sit level.

You have to go through the whole route A plot again and then half of C/D/E

He grows on you though.

2B (male) mod when?

>He bought the game for 2B

In that case they would find tons of notebooks with drawings in them.

Stop complaining like gigantic faggot and just play as 9S you plebian.

Now get out before I spoil the shit our of your ass, go and discover why 9S route is good as hell.

>"This human seemed to enjoy being alone, the collection of mundane figures and several paper books referring to scandalously clad women."
>"The state of his room suggests only enough living space for one and seemed to not leave said room often. He lived by and for himself."

>every time she starts singing

what's the name of the song that plays during the Ko-Shi & Ro-Shi boss fights?

>recovery units use angelic runes
>N2 is basically Manah
>when asked what this stuff is made of the Pod says that part of it is machine lifeform and part of it he doesn't know (so probably Maso)
>logic virus is basically the watchers influencing androids
>black box file implies that the machines and androids are being used for something
Alright what's the deal behind this, I'm too dumb to figure the lore out.

Possesed by a Disease for So-Shi.
Tower Climb I think is Bipolar Nightmare.

Probably think I'm a third-rate scientist with the amount of shittily-done materials science homework and notes I have lying around.

Finally finished things with the Emil's Determination bossfight.

Damn, I mean, I expected a wacky Easter Egg mini-boss, not one of the most tragic sequences of the game.

>he might have smoked
I don't but carrying a lighter has had zero cons and many lays have resulted.
>he was part of an ancient tribe
I'm native. We're like the only men that can wear jewelry and accessorize and its not gay and i make use of this fact.
>knife
I dunno i just use them on the daily and i'm not even sure if any but the coated ones would live 9k years
>box of mints
Again not sure if it would last 9k years.

thanks

>A2 starts her route as a douchebag
>Meet Pascal and still an ass
>Starts to understand how things can be different
>Pascal's village attacked
>Fight with Pascal and kick the shit out of the machines
>Both goes to find that all the children commited suicide
>Again, A2 needs to do a sacrifice because this world is fucking shit

>Checking the Pearl Harbor records
>Anemona and A2's past
>Countless sacrifices and both of them just want to die so they can meet their friends and the people they love
>"I still have one thing to do"

For fuck sake Taro, why you need to make her suffer so much?

I love 2B but A2 grew up on me even more, I just want her being happy and find something that gives her some meaning in this world.

Just finished. What an amazing game. Jesus fuck

Why did A2 cut her hair? It seems like it's just another meta-way to say "this is your nu-2B"
Why does the 9S model exist? It seems like building it was an intentional act of sabotage by the Commander.
Why aren't there two different sets of dialogue during that mandatory call between 21O and 9S in route B, one for if you completed her side qs and one if you didn't? Of all the attention to detail and autism that this game did flawlessly, this one bothers me.
What's the meaning behind A2's last words? "I've never realized how beautiful this world is" It makes sense in a vacuum, but given the context it seems off.
Why does the corpse of 2B just disappear without a trace and why does 9S not even care for it?
Why does 2B care for 9S so much? Is it because E-models are literal secret agents and genuinely being someone's friend/lover is the best way to make them drop their guard?

I'd be very pleased to see a build of it. I havent even made it myself yet. If you do build it, send me a link or picture or w/e.
If you want to edit the 3D model it's super easy to export it from the .PDO file with Pepakura Designer, just File>Export>Texture Editing>.OBJ

Nothing, you are getting tricked and bamboozled.

So, did Caim ever... you know? "Ride the dragon?"

>cut you hair gurl
In memory of toobie and also because she has her memories.

>toobie body.
Probably lost during the quake. If you do emil's memories and then do the quest to recover the dog tags of that resistance guys friends he'll make a grave for her in the lunar tear garden.

>apparently, human females also came equipped with male genitals if these illustrations are anything to go by
>and men were all feminine little boys who took it up the ass and only got to stick it in the female if he was being very nice or didn't scream for help during the raping

How does one beat this racing quest? Do I just have to keep playing and hope I find a lot of increased movement speed chips?

Nowe, fag.

>Why does 2B care for 9S so much?

They just love each other.

>Why does the corpse of 2B just disappear without a trace and why does 9S not even care for it?

Because Androids don't have a concept of mourning, 9S can learn it from a sidequest from a resistance member at which point he does make sort of a grave for 2B

>Why does 2B care for 9S so much?

I don't think it's because 2E I think it's more to do with the fact that The black boxes are actually Machine Cores so even if they programed all the emotions out of them that programming is eventually, inevitably overwritten and relationships naturally develop.

>dragon dildo
This human made a Pact.

playable Adam/Eva dlc when?

Idk why 2a had to sacrifice herself. And the tower still doesnt make sense to me.

so why did A2 climb the tower

Actually just reading too much into it.
Angelus' maso and perhaps even QB's are the basis for magic in this world so Angelic are the magic "runes" of this world. You gotta use them somehow to get an effect. Your pods have them as a particle effect when using their programs for instance show that they're using a form of technomancy. Which makes sense considering its essentially the same shit as what weiss was throwing out.

>tfw you realize something horrific happens after every time that Eve says "can we play after we're done reading?"

Pretty much. If you get enough to increase it by twenty percent (which is the maximum) and look up the best route to take on youtube you can get it. Don't mix speed salve and movement chips though, I think that takes it over 20% and cancels it out.

God, that describes Nier perfectly. It's an awkward, clunky game but it holds a special place in my heart.

Do you mean finished, or finish[E]d?

>Because Androids don't have a concept of mourning, 9S can learn it from a sidequest from a resistance member at which point he does make sort of a grave for 2B
Exactly, but even then he doesn't show any sign of wanting to recover anything belonging to her, even though he saw exactly where she died.