What is the most economical form of transportation? I want to hyper Jew this shit

What is the most economical form of transportation? I want to hyper Jew this shit.

Cheap to buy, to fuel, to insure, to repair, and so forth.

I'm thinking the answer might be a 80's or 90's jap bike, but maybe an old shitbox civic would work?

Hardmode: no public transport or mopeds

Squidding a Suzuki GS500 is your answer, until you crash.

Is the squidding bit just to be more economical? I already have gear so you don't have to figure that into cost

I dailyed motorcycles for several years without owning a four wheeled vehicle.

Weather should determine your choice.

GS 500 is dirt cheap to own and operate and wrench but if you can wrench then anything reasonably reliable is fine.

I can wrench so that can be factored in. GS500 sound good and I don't live in an area with snow or anything.

The biggest downside for a 2 wheeled options is I have no place to store it indoors

Gs500 or rebel would be hard to beat. A small, bulletproof 90s commuter shitbox may be cheaper in the long run though. Motorcycle tires don't last for shit compared to car tires, and they're frequently more expensive than econobox tires that last like 10 times as long. Chains aren't cheap either, and they only last 10-15k miles. The insurance on a slow bike is usually super cheap though. I had only a bike for half of college, and a Geo metro for the other half, the cost was about the same for both, but I didn't get rained on in the Geo.

Walking.

Honda Helix

>the most economical form of transportation
>walking
>biking
>small displacement motorcycle from the last ~25 years
>econobox car from the last ~25 years

there are bike tires that will last 25k miles or more, and you don't have to buy 4 of them. example: michelin pilot activ

Walking and biking are non options really since I travel pretty long stints on the highway pretty often, but the other two are about what I thought

Car is cheaper than motorcycle. You can put 60,000 miles on a set of Bridgestone all seasons. Motorcycle tires are good for 10 max

Alright, any car in particular adept at hyperjewing? Or is it just whatever is cheapest on Craigslist?

A European low displacement diesel is probably your best bet. Cheap shitters isn't really a good approach...look at the NA Miata. Cheap, reliable, but horrible on fuel economy so you'll need to do some research

a miatas a shit ass choice, for 1500 dollars u will find a beat to shit pos rusted out peice of crap of a miata. there drift taxed. get a early 90s civic for 500 dollars with some rust spend 1500 and u will get a actully decent clean civic. if you ever get bored of the 100hp u could always b swap it to get a bit more power or turbo the possibilitys are endless.

Bicycle or walking. Literally no fuel at all.

Want a motor? 125cc motorbike. 80+ MPG.

Am amerishit so I can't have that easily. Fiat diesels shitboxes make me so hard too. Feels bad man

Yeah like I've said I would walk or bike but when I need to go 50 miles on the highway pretty often I need something with more range than my feet

either old 125cc japanese bike or a used kei-car post 2011-2012 (aim for manual and VVT on both intake and exhaust cams)

Can I even buy a kei car in America? I've never seen one

JDM 25 years or older, yes.

They are NOT cheap to own.. shit breaks constantly.

>They are NOT cheap to own.. shit breaks constantly.
well don't get 25y.o. car if you want something reliable.

Probably not my best option then.

If you went over it with a fine tooth comb and fixed all the stuff that deteriorates after 25 years.... then it should be solid.

But you will be replacing shit all the time otherwise... they're made to be cheap, and replaceable, not durable.

Plus all the 25 year old ones would be carb'd, not fuel injected, which makes them a cunt to get running right because of the 10000 vacuum lines running all over them.

Sounds comparatively expensive compared to just a cheap 15 year old regular econobox.

If YouTube can gry e36 318tds, ten itd pręty chrapanie to own

Wtf autocorrect

this

I don't drive at all if the destination is less than 5 miles away

Do you want something shit/slow

250cc japanese bike, then, so you can actually acheive highway speeds.

D16 90s Hondas got like 40 mpg, and it's a fucking honda. You can get one for 900 dollars.

Nice. Is the D16 a non desirable engine for Honda fanboys or something? Not super familiar with their engine naming system