twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>/dbt/ has found me zero friends

OLD

Alright I'm reposting this from the old thread

>Call dealer about 2015 cb500f
>Sticker price is $4599 + tax/tag/title
>ask what the Out the Door price would be
>$5400
that sounds like a crock of shit and I can't afford it.
It's a 2015 bike. It's a 2015 *cb500f*, obviously they REALLY want to get rid of it. So why they're quoting nearly 1k more than the sticker price is bullshit.

I'm not very experienced when it comes to haggling, but I'm thinking of going in and doing something like
>start convo with sales person about the bike
>"Tell me more about the cb500f"
>"So this bike's been here since 2015?"
>"It doesn't have ABS?"
>"The rebate is going to end at the end of may and the price will go up?"
>"What would the out of the door price be?"
>"$5400, ouch. "
>"I can do $4800 out the door."
and so on.
is that how you do it?
>inb4 new
I want to waste my money on a shitty slow bike

Reposting the response

It's not gonna happen fucktard, they're Jews
Buy a used bike, you're gonna fucking crash anyways

Thanks senpai
it's not my first bike and I'm not really worried about crashing it, I'm gonna get frame sliders and barends for it anyway

>$5400
>this piece of shit two cyllinder that looks like some sort of "streetfighter" CBR600F

Also the bike will probably be more than 5400 otd, they tack on dealership fees at the least second which are like 600$

And since it doesn't even have ABS you could just get one of these for $2k used

Exactly, that's why I'm not fucking paying $5400 for it.
If I could get a cbr600f I would, but they're not available in the states.

man they really try and fuck you out of everything don't they.
Is it possible since they (probably) really want to get rid of it they'll waive the dealer's fees? How would I bring that up

Dont buy a new 500, you wont want to keep it long enough to justify the depreciation hit.

Anyways just cross-shop dealers, its the easiest way.

No because if they can't sell it to you they'll sell it to someone else, like another lot, for more than the sticker price

So much this
Also if it's your second bike, why the fugg are you getting a 500?

They don't care whether they get rid of it or not, it doesn't affect the salesperson in any way.
Honestly just buy something of Craigslist or something used from the stealership

I'm telling you this as someone who bought a new bike last year, don't do it

Why not a slightly used fz07?

This, it's a much better bike

Maybe his first bike was a 125cc dirtbike

Or maybe he's poor and can't afford the tiny cost increase in tires/chains/fuel/insurance a bigger bike would bring, hence why he's flipping out over a paltry $900.

I've been watching my local craigslist and nearby towns for nearly 7 months now, and there have been 0 used bikes within my price range that I like.
It's all cruisers and the occasional liter bike.

I definitely wouldn't mind an fz07, they just don't exist here used.

They have a used low mileage f4i, but I'm just really not that into sportbikes. I could afford it now too, but ehhhhhhhh

Which of these things you listed are relevant? I'm telling him to spend thousands less and get a used sv650 or something, that's not money that he's going to make back buying a 500

Post your local Craigslist, people say this shit all the time.

>Sticker price is $4599 + tax/tag/title
>$5400

look up your states fees and tax
here in MA for a motorcycle registration is $20, title is $75 and tax is .0625% so the total is $4980

so check your states fees and tax rate and do the math yourself and then ask the dealer why its different

you could always ask to buy the bike and register it yourselt

Still. I paid 7500otd maplebucks for my new fz09, thats 5400usd. I couldnt imagine paying that for a 500.

Dont be lazy, widen your search area.

Sportbikes aren't that bad. When sportbike riders say "aaaaaaaaaaaagh my 600 is so slow when it's low in the rev range" it's more like it's as fast as that 500.

No they're not slower than a 500 in the low revs but even the f4i has a significantly more aggressive riding position than a CB500 and is likely to make your back and knees hurt.

I hate all this shit talk on faired sport bikes
You can ride any bike across the fucking country, they are designed to be comfortable, if you couldn't sit on one for more than 30 minutes they wouldn't sell them

F4i is comfy. If the banana seat isn't comfy enough put on bar riders.

Never got the "my knees hurt" thing. Maybe you want a cruiser?

I don't really care much for going SUPER SPEED because my area has so many cops everywhere at all times.

I really want a peppy mid-range standard that's new or barely used to use as a college commuter but is fun during the weekends and won't break the bank

the cb500f was made for me. I know it's a shitty bike by other's standards, but I can't afford an SV650 or an fz07 new, and I don't want to deal with an old bike breaking down every other week like my nighthawk even though it's the exception and not the mean.

I need a motorcycle I can comfortably ride across the ocean to Japan so I can seduce my future wife, Nanaka Suwa.

Ideas?

>shit talk about faired sport bikes
No, the fairings are irrelevant. They're great in my opinion. It's the forward lean and bent up hips and knees that kill me.
>You can ride any bike across the fucking country
true
>they are designed to be comfortable
hardly comfortable and only for a small portion of the market that enjoys being bunched up in a fetal position for hours
>if you couldn't sit on one for more than 30 minutes they wouldn't sell them
30 minutes is easy but people will buy literally anything

It's not terrible but it's certainly not very comfortable for me.

>Frame sliders for a bike that has microscopic chinc fairings
I feel like you haven't thought this through at all.

lol you kids have no idea how sales works.
>it doesn't affect the salesperson in any way.
Maybe not, but unless the store is so fucking massive they can just sit on bad inventory forever it affects someone more important than them.

>>"The rebate is going to end at the end of may and the price will go up?"
Why would you even say this, it just makes you sound desperate to buy it before then. In general why would you go full spaghetti and go through your stupid act instead of just making an offer then trying to justify it?

>It's the forward lean and bent up hips and knees that kill me.
Same, especially the knees.

Maybe it's OK if you're a manlet.

Swapped from a Screaming Eagle "Heavy Breather" to a Screaming Eagle Stage 1 round open element air cleaner.

Pop pop pop on deceleration now, bikes running lean. Anyone have experience with XiEDs v.s. a SE Tuner, v.s. PowerVision V.S. V&H?

they were literally designed for the japanese market

>fetal position
Are you 8' tall?.

>Screaming Eagle "Heavy Breather"
huehuehue

These are so rad I think, I'm tempted to find one.

On the other hand, I literally can't think of a single good reason to own one besides "it's cool".

Good luck having a cruiser here m8

>being taller than 5'10"
>weighing more than 150lbs
>riding a motorcycle
>existing at all

Im not him, but am 6'4

On my sv650 I have about a 1.5 hour riding span before my back is fucked, and thats more upright than most supersports. My fz09 I can ride all day without issue. Sports bikes kind of suck if you are tall.

I don't market the fuckin things. I do know running an open element has leaned it right the fuck out with the baffleless Vance n Hines straight shots on there though.

Not willing to put that massive chrome schlong back on the bike but also don't really want to pay to have the bike dyno tuned. Everything I've built has been carb'd so I have no experience with aftermarket tuners to richen it up.

How's it feel to be a cuck?

Just get a goldwing dude

Already have one, dude.

>6'4"

Try not to opine on how uncomfortable sportbikes are when you're nearly as tall as human beings get without having pituitary gigantism. It's like a midget complaining about not being able to reach conservatively placed ape hangers.

Just counting white people, the average height range is 5'9-6'0. Such average people like banana seats you can slide back on, bar risers, and sport-standard/touring-like ergonomics already. Counting the majority of people sportbikes are designed for, the average height is more like 5'5".

You think they give a shit about someone more important than them? They're the one selling the bike, and they don't care.
Get over it dealershipfag

The banter doesn't bother me. Different strokes for different folks and all that. I bought a Harley because I've enjoyed working on them for awhile, they're very simple machines akin to farm equipment. Very solid. I won't be some kind of hassiddic hillbilly with a snoot full of honeybees and blow smoke up anyones ass and call them fast or modern.

They're heavy, expensive but they're a damn joy to work on and very comfortable for a big dumb gorilla like myself.

>hmmmmm

Scout seems like a breath of fresh air to the cruiser market.

I might pick one up in 5-6 years when I can get a decent price on a used one.

Price isn't bad imo. Might snag one up soon just to add to the collection. They're kinda cute. I'd hoon around on it

>tfw 5'11" and 160lbs
SO CLOSE

Has anybody else actually ever tried towing a motorcycle trailer? How bad does it suck?

inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/6120553870.html

This nigga has black tape on his rear wheel. What is he trying to hide?

Exactly the same as me senpai
Feels good to be the norm

Probably either lettering on the wheel or ugly marks from where a shop used stick-on wheel weights.

I've got double sided tape residue all over my wheels from that shit.

I can only spend about 10-15 minutes at a time "detailing" my bikes before I start to feel autistic, and I ride them enough that they never end up truly sparking clean anyway.

I'll probably clean it off now that I'm thinking about it specifically, but my dual sport especially mostly just gets soaked in degreaser and power washed after a trip or when it starts to get too grimy.

Price is definitely reasonable for a new bike, I just prefer to buy bikes 5-30 model years old with 2000-10000 miles on them and save myself a few thousand dollars.

Thats why I recommended spraying the glue with chlorinated brake kleen instead of detailing it.

A scotchbrite kitchen scrubber and brake kleen will take off the glue, or you can use that orange shit but goo gone and the citrus based brake kleens all eat ass.

>I want to waste my money on a shitty slow bike

>Speed is all that matters.

I'm 6'2 with a bad back and I don't get sore in the back on an SV, I understand you're a bit taller but a lot of it is in your posture, my spine is always in a direct straight line when I'm riding, whether that's on a straight or mid corner.

I'm going to be
SO
FUCKING
SAFE AND WARM AND DRY
>my mirror is dirty as fuck

Ignore the trolls, anons.

Guys like them will never be truly satisfied with anything in life because they can't appreciate something for what it is. No matter what you have, there is something out there that is hands down better than it in one way or another. Probably multiple ways. So these people either pretend those qualities don't matter, or that they don't exist, or usually they spend their days in a never ending state of having to validate and justify their decisions by shitting on everything else.

Basic kid shit.

Love what you ride, ride what you love.

>May already
>Head to toe heavy black gear

You mean you're going to be

SO
FUCKING
HOT SWEATY UNCOMFORTABLE

>still has meme tier icon

come on guy

>ayy lmao

>still need a black helmet and tinted visor to complete my look
Feels average I guess.

>safe
>not bright yellow
rip

you getting fat bruh

This suit has like 12 vents on it, and you can run it half open. I'll be fine.

Schuberth E1 eventually. Variant a decent tho

Safety third.

I know :/

If you're going to buy a motorcycle why not buy one with enough power to get out of its own way, is comfortable, comes with good quality brakes and suspension, etc.

>as tall as tiny poorfag refridgerator
>phone half the size of head

Manlet detected.

Is this the part where attention whores post pictures of themselves in full gear?

>fat manlet tripfag blogging
>suddenly a giant appears.

nice chicken strips fag, try leaning for once.

why not

>modular helmet that calls itself a dual sport helmet

guy...you have the fucking money, but an arai or even a fucking klim.

That feel when not only do I have pretty mediocre chicken strips but spend so little time significantly leaned over at all that some of the second row of nubs are still there.
Prairie life shit life

>full leather suit
>alpinestars sp1 SHOES
>offroad gloves

The Klim is a rebranded $400 Nishua chinese helmet with no internal sun visor.
There's nothing wrong with a quality modular, and I want the quietest helmet I can get. I was just going to get a C3 until the E1 came out.
You can easily remove the peak without it looking stupid too.

I spent more than I had planned on the leathers, now I need to save up for boots and gloves again. Also they're Faster shoes, not SP1s.

Does anybody else hate driving cars after you learned to ride?

No. A car has its purpose just like a bike.

Cars are comfy to cruise around and have a leisurely drive to your destination with minimal preparation and any time I need to ride with people or pick things up.

I'm not going to suit up to run to the store or anything like that.

Oh I totally forgot about the issues I had with my contacts, and the E1 doesn't allow you to wear goggles. I might have to nix that plan.

>need want internal sun visor and goggles

so do you just buy touring tires for any bike or what?

U going to SAM, Daytona user?

My schedule this summer is kind of up in the air but I think so.

Dual sport helmets that allow you to wear goggles under faceshield: Arai XD4, Bell MX9 with MIPS and without, Kilm Krios.

Is it worthwhile to teach your girlfriend how to ride or is it like breast implants. Once she gets them she'll realize her worth has significantly increased and she will leave me for some other dude?

personally i just got rid of them by leaning in the opposite direction at stoplights in town. the more upright you are, the more the bike has to lean

i know that flatland feel though

Where in prairies?

WHY can't the weather be good for once in MA

Thoughts on getting a pristine 650cc as your first?

But no internal sun visor.
Know anything about the Nexx XD1? I've seen them around but never heard about them.

650 good

Pristine or ratty, who cares.

Also the Scorpion EXO-AT950

Go to 'great' or 'excellent' condition. Youll tip it over most likely. Pristine is for showroom collector's who never even ride

I've heard of Nexx before but I can't comment on their quality or if anyone likes them. One thing I already don't like is that they try to jew you into buying their comm unit for the helmet by having a mounting point for their own shit in the way of where a normal system would be placed.

You can't close the faceshield over the goggles like the Bell or Arai. IMO I don't think you want or need a modular for what you're doing. Why not give the Shark Explore R a look? I spoke to the US regional manager of the company when she came into my workplace a while back. The only issue they have was supplying parts/orders to the US, but they seem to have fixed that issue. It's a good helmet company.

Would this be a good project bike?
losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mcy/6126321149.html
I saw a 400r but for $4000 is it possible to make it look like pic related?

Sorry I pretty much meant great condition but on an older bike I'm concerned to drop it and essentially waste $800 that I could have spent on an already dropped bike