ITT: People that did absolutely nothing wrong

ITT: People that did absolutely nothing wrong

bathing in Muslim blood since Crusade number 1.

Never a bad time for Based Doge. Have a (you)

Liar and war criminal. Unforgivable conduct if you hold Popes to any standard.

I love me the venerable Doge Dandolo. I've read about the fourth crusade a great deal but know nothing of his earlier life. Any good biographies on this madman?

What was he doing prior to the events in question?

Name me one thing he did do wrong not hungarian or German propaganda.

this guy on the other hand
>alpha as fuck
>heir to the roman legacy
>plays all of Christendom for more land
>meaningful economic reform

literally nothing wrong

He was a Venetian merchant (shocking I know) turned diplomat but had the shit luck of being part of Venice's delegation on/to Constantinople when the ERE decided to seize all of the goods in the Venetian quarter of the city.

He was then part of a task force charged by the Republic with somehow resolving the situation peaceably & getting Venice's shit back. Byzzies are total dicks about it and he fails at every turn. He ends up going blind to boot which fucking blows. Some say the Byzantines actually straight up blinded him, which would make a lot of things make sense.

He slinks home to Venice embarrassed but defiant & nurses a vendetta against Constantinople for decades. His massive hate-boner fueling his ambition, his political career at home
Is a huge success. Becomes renowned for getting shit done, and is elected Doge. Fourth Crusade is his pursuit of vengeance.

Ends up personally leading the Venetian marines/contingent during the Sack of Constantinope. Crazy blind bastard sauntered out in plate armor at ninety years old because he hated the Byzantines so much.

Based is an understatement.

The books I read about the fourth crusade mostly throw doubt on him hating Byzantium and I think the being blinded by them was only mentioned in one Russian source, chronicle of Novgorod. Couldn't it be that the money they spent on too many ships led them to Constantinople like it led them to Zara? I mean he didn't overestimate the amount of crusaders and you can't just bankrupt your city when you're the venerable Doge Dandolo.

I remember him being old as balls and out living his associates but always being right about every decision he made or wanted to make. He should of become king of Constantinople, he probably could still have kids knowing what a badass he is.

>purged a bunch of corrupt old senators
>gave more rights to the common people of the empire
>built the last great works of public roman architecture
>didn't take no shit from barbarians or anyone for that matter
>had that 100 mile death stare
He was a good boy who din du nuffing wrong

>Crazy blind bastard sauntered out in plate armor at ninety years old because he hated the Byzantines so much.
Don't forget, he went on leading cavalry raids against the bulgars after the crusade too.

The part about blindness is unproven. He was half blind by the time of the crusade, but it's unlikely he had been blinded by the byzantines. Also Venice had been in a state of quasi war against the ERE ever since the 1170s, it wasn't Dandolo who pushed for the crusade, it was just opportunism. They had a backstabbing ally to humiliate and trade rights to take back, so they made use of what was available.

Like him or not, he saved Germany.

inb4 > you nazi scum xDDDd

Reminder that the pagan Quraysh did nothing wrong and were falsely slandered by the treacherous jewified Arabs

Be high Hubal

>saved Germany
>be getting it occupied by Russians

10/10 leader would reich again

I WAS CHOSEN BY HEAVEN

SAY MY NAME WHEN YOU PRAY

TO THE SKYYYYYYY, SEE CAROLUS RISE!

OLLIE DINDU NUFFIN

HE WUZ A GOOD BOY

He was literally no fun allowed