Do most people actually have to have fucking emission regulations? Here in buttfuck i

Do most people actually have to have fucking emission regulations? Here in buttfuck i
Middle of nowhere incestville Tennessee most my family drives old squarebodies with no cats.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HVm0gesf8jk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That i wasn't supposed to be there. Fuck the chinks who made this keyboard.

>Here in buttfuck i Middle of nowhere incestville Tennessee
Good for you, enjoy that meth overdose.

Not him but
>guns
>scenery
>empty roads
>lenient car regulations
>nobody bugs you about your loud shitbox

What more could I ever want?

I too drive an old squarebody, and am exempt from emissions testing in my large city a few states from the left coast, population is around a million. Edelbrock gas guzzler, no cat, old worn out glasspacks that are for all purposes straight pipes at this point. I do however want quieter exhaust though now.

All of those are right. It's great. You can basically do anything you want

When I drive to work and pass 1 vehicle in y 35 minute commute, its fine if everyone says piss off and fucks their emmisions.
In LA- where its 20 lanes bumpers to bumper, you would literally die from the smog if everyone deleted their emmision crap.

>live in Florida
>no emissions regulations
>no inspections
>single plate
>tfw driving my gas chugging smog spewing 400cid big block to get some publix subs

shits the fuckin tits yo

>live in non-emission state
>just replaced cat so check engine light would stay off
:)

> TFW florida man
> TFW when someone mentions emissions regulations.

>400
God i want one in my truck so bad. My uncle has had one sitting for years. Thread picture is the truck it'd be going in.

I always wondered about CA because they have really strict smog laws but i see videos of modified cars speeding around there

>live in florida
>no emissions regs
>drive around with my guzzler 460 with no cats
feels gud

Emissions in PA is on a county-by-county basis I believe. Then again, those parts of PA are more akin to being dropped straight into Deliverance.

:))

> want a square body
> family would criticize me because I want to own a vehicle that I would actually love to drive that is old as balls
> plus I have never done anything to my 02 legacy besides oil changes

It hurts, man. In Iowa there's no smog laws as well and mostly everyone here still drives 90s chevy trucks, some square bodies in 80s even.

I just want a 80s square body that is 5 speed and v8.

I am seriously tempted to buy one of these despite having no use for it what so ever. Are they really that good? Fairly reliable?

I'm in the UK so it is a bit of a commitment to get one.

Gorgeous square man.

In my area, 25 years and older doesn't have to do emissions, and depending on your county/city you don't have to do emissions period.

As long as they're not molested, yes. Parts are easy and cheap to come by, the post-78 ones don't rust as badly as the earlier ones, and even when shit does break or go wrong they're simple as hell to work on. The worst things about them are rust and previous owner fuckery, cab corners, floor pans, rockers and pinch welds on the front/rear windows are notoriously rotten depending on where the truck came from.

Fuck what your family or friends think man, buy what you want, that's what I did. Family bitched and whined at me to just go buy an old Honda at a buy-here-pay-here type lot or lease something new so I can be raped by a dealership, spent a month looking until I found mine for sale.

>81 GMC shortbox with garbage 305/TH350c
>~178k miles when I bought it

Guy wanted $3500, got him down to $3000, was a little overpriced given the condition but it's a relatively straight truck. Kick panels, rockers, drivers cab corner, and floor pans need to be replaced, was a California truck but been in WA for over 30 years. Paint is total shit, but frame is straight and the interior was sorta redone.

>swapped the 305 out and put in a crate 350
>rebuilt trans
>replaced front calipers/lines/brake booster/master cylinder
>everything under hood is new besides the power steering pump

Just hit 230,000 on the body today, wouldn't trade it for anything else.

/blogpost

>UK
>drive rx7
>no EGR
>all cats removed
>premix
>rich as fuck on overrun for muh flames
>never bother with an MOT (vehicle inspection/emissions test)
>dumping unburnt oil and fuel for shits and giggles

>400cid
>big block
Nope.

400 is a smallblock, dude.

>live in Georgia
>drive a 96 diesel
>no emissions testing needed
>6 cylinder inline engne sounds liek a fucking school bus

gonna go drive to chic fa le and spread exhaust in the air for all the losers in convertibles

they usually get impounded if they don't get fucked by smog testing

Some guys just do a quick parts swap every two years.

>Do most people actually have to have fucking emission regulations
Yes, like it or not. They very much were needed, especially in California. Have you noticed how the smog alerts of the 70s-90s are largely a thing of the past? You can make the argument that the constant twisting of the arm to try and force zero emissions is retarded and a fools' game, but the standards themselves were a good thing. Just look at China to see what it's like to live with no pollution controls.

>inb4 "libcuck"
No, I'm actually a conservative. I just understand why pollution controls exist. I want to conserve the world so we can keep using it.

>inb4 "b-b-b-but ships and trains pollute so much more than cars!"
Yeah, they do...out in the middle of nowhere where the emissions can dissipate. In the cities, where smog was a very real problem because of the mass of people and how the pollution can't dissipate as well, cars are one of the biggest polluters. Industries and factories are the other half of city pollution, but we have pollution controls on them as well.

Not if it's a Chrysler 400.

>Have you noticed how the smog alerts of the 70s-90s are largely a thing of the past? You
I remember back in high school here in the Central Valley they would cancel PE class all the time because of bad air days, and I was in high school from 2005-2009. And I'm sure they're still cancelling PE due to air quality.

>What more could I ever want?
Something to do other than overdose on meth and heroin.

And even as bad as that was, it was still worse in the 70s. This is actually an *improvement*.

Oh, absolutely. I was more trying to put it into perspective how badly needed emissions standards are. We wouldn't been able to even go outside if they weren't in place.

My kinda user right here. Got me a 1st Gen 12 valve 4 inch exhaust into 5 inch stack. youtu.be/HVm0gesf8jk

>Be californian
>state is too polluted to even walk outside in

>Implying I drive a chebby

Mopar 400 big block nigga

Oh you mean like
>shoot guns
>drive my straight piped Chevy or Hyundai fast down empty roads
>sit around or walk around to look at the beauty of what I live in
>play on the internet doing everything cityfags do

Tell me where you live so I can talk shit accurately to you

your family are also all heroin addicts.

the city/state I live in don't require any tests of any kind

it is good and people in california are huge faggots so they deserve inspections/tests

flyovers are so funny

>live in a non-emissions county
>drive an '80s pickup with gutted cats
>most of my daily commute is through the neighboring emissions county

Why do Americans hate emission control?
It's almost as if you don't pollute, you're a terrorist communist liberal

>if you don't pollute, you're a terrorist communist liberal

This is actually considered to be a fact in 95% of counties below the Mason-Dixon line.

Also, catalytic converters are several hundred dollars each, and older cars like to throw codes for evap/emissions leaks. Life without emissions control is simpler and cheaper than life with them.