Why do all modern cars feel the need to have these big-ass ugly zippers running down the backs of seats...

Why do all modern cars feel the need to have these big-ass ugly zippers running down the backs of seats? Also modern car hate thread.
>all modern cars look the same
>black interiors
>hard touch plastic everywhere
>terrible fit and finish
>too much electronic shit
>27 airbags
>lane departure warning
>electronic stability control
>backup camera
>forward camera
>blind spot camera
If the rest of America knew how to drive we wouldn't need all these ridiculous safety """"""""features"""""""".

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My main gripe about modern cars is the seats, every time i get into a newer car it feels like i'm sitting on a cheap office chair that starts to hurt your ass after a half hour

what the fuck happened to plush seats ?

>if the rest of the world knew how to drive
ftfy

Tfw Saab isn't around to save us from this hell.

Try finding an actual luxury car to sit in instead of econoboxes.

blame volvo for this safety bs

> Black interiors
Hey. Fuck you m8

Other countries have excellent drivers. Only in America do we need cars that drive themselves.

You are free to buy a old shitbox

Federal safety standards mandate firm seats so...I don't even know why, probably so they're not ejected from their seats if a car comes up from underneath them or something stupid. Or maybe they're less likely to fall asleep at the wheel when in discomfort.

Those seats look like ass.

We're also free to complain that shitboxes don't exist anymore because all modern cars are luxury cars that look and drive exactly the same.

>all modern cars are luxury cars

Show me a true econobox with manual everything that I could find brand new at a big-name dealer near me.

Dacia Sandero base model

In America?

i don't fucking know

>Being an americlap

American arrogance never ceases to amaze.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

>changing the topic

It's not a choice. I was born here and I can't move to Europe because it's too expensive and I'm a high school dropout.

;_;

Shitsubishi mirage? Yeah it still has a screen for the mandatory back up cam but otherwise it's close and costs less than 15,000 doll hairs

Why must backup cameras be mandatory? Can other Americans seriously not crane their neck 180 degrees to see what's behind them?

>increasing safety standards raises beltline of all cars
>even in a soulless shitbox hatch you can no longer see little Timmy playing or Sergio and his Miata in the rear view mirror
>either add backup camera and cheapo Chinese display or fail to meet regulations
>probably get sued into bankruptcy if it wasn't regulation because people can't be held accountable for what's behind them anymore

Trump rollback of safety regulations when?

>doesn't even read his own article
America is only 5-10 buddy good try though, we aren't the best but we certainly arent the worst

he made the door, now automakers and regulators have to just go through it.

For every new auto regulation introduced, 2 have to be trashed

about 1/3rd of the world has fewer fatalities

>focusing on the minority and not the majority
noice

>Trump rollback of safety regulations when?
The next time one or another minority group starts getting attention for complaining again probably

Not sure where that message quote at the end came from, disregard

>27 airbags
A lot of airbags are used less as airbags than as instantly out there safety nets to stop you from having half your torso out the window as the car rolls over.

There was a youtube video where a cam was going as the driver mistakenly went over the drop off. As soon as the computer sensed all wheels were in the air and the car was moving sideways, boom, the bags came out even though the car had not begun to roll (still at the top of the cliff). As the car rolled, the airbag diagonally across the driver window was already looking deflated. But it kept him inside the car as the rolled down the cliff. If any part of his body was outside, it would have been ground up on the rocks as the car rolled.

That said, having the air bags fire can total an older used car. It can cost $3800 (before taxes in my older car) and up to replace all the airbags and computer module. Added to the price of any body work and the insurance agency will total it. Those bags are really expensive. And if you have seats that have airbags pop out of them, you'll have to add re-upholstery of seats to your costs.

I am often the only one in the car. I wish there was a switch to turn off all the airbags but the driver ones. That would save a ton of money in any collision.

>safety nets to stop you from having half your torso out the window as the car rolls over.

What are seat belts.

>Other countries have excellent drivers.
In America, having tough driver exams means anti-discrimination lawsuits because mexicans and blacks can't pass the exams and get the driver license. Denying a driver license is keeping them from working therefore discrimination. So the driver license tests get watered down to become very minimal.

It's appalling how one can even pass the written exam after missing so many questions.

a lot of americ-centric countries have shit standards, here in NZ until 5 or so years ago you could have your learners(full supervision) at 15, your restricted(no night time or passengers without supervision) 6 months later, and your full licence a year after that. now its a bit longer, 2 1/2 years, and the minimum age is up, but you can get a question wrong on the learners which is a multi choice with pictures and shit, you can make up to 5 I think non critical errors which can incude late indicating or poor lane changing and parking on the restricted, and the full test is nothing but verbally calling out hazards and your response to them. the only written component is on the first stage. our drivers are shit

Mitsu Mirage
Hyundai Accent
Kia Forte
Base Corolla
Base Civic
Chebby Sonic
BMW

Base model Chevy Sonic/Cobalt/Cavalier whatever the fuck name they use now