→ → # → → # →

shitty webms with sounds:
# #

Previously on /dbt/:
→ → # → → #

Other urls found in this thread:

advrider.com/index.php?threads/why-you-should-not-buy-a-ural-motorcycle.794963/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Doesn't really seem like you can go that way on that street.

New thread, post bikes.

>1982 CB750SC
>1982 GL1100 Standard
>1992 TW200CA
>2005 XR650L

3rd for it's okay to ride a sportbike casually

great, now how about on a GS500 then, mine has no fairings so less fuckery removing shit

fourst for honda a best

The Siberian shit box strikes again

Sorry I'm new here. What's wrong with this?

The fewer cyllinders and valves you have the easier it is. Make sure you double check and write stuff down.

If it's adjusted with shims like on a GS500 you'll have to put your valve cover back together and do it all over again after your new shims come in the mail unless you live near a dealer that will exchange shims for you. Don't leave engines in any state of dissasembly for a prolonged period of time.

>1986 VT700c and...

...that's it because I'm still a noob. Know someone who would be willing to sell a '98 ZX6R down the line though; assuming well-maintained, what are the opinions towards it?

Devilish pupper. Ural? What's that like? I love the 40's look but I've heard way too many bad things about them to ever really consider one.

sportsbikes aren't really designed to be ridden casually, they're meant for fast

Autists like to categorize things so they flip when they see a sportbike being used for grocery shopping.

>reee you're doing it wrong you're meant to use a harley for that!

Ohh another thing if you are going to check them yourself, dont look up what the clearences are supposed to be beforehand so that your measuring isnt biased by them

They're not as bad as people make them out to be. They can be troublesome when theyre first being worn in, so that's why if you buy one I would recommend getting one with at least 10,000 km on it. I would also recommend getting at least a 2007 and newer because an 07 has newer updated gears that apparently are much better than the old ones. Mine is an 06. Basically you just need to really be on top of regular preventative maintenance stuff, and you will likely have to do it on your own since there are not many places out there that know how to work on them.

How else can you ride with two of your best friends on one bike?

>relative tire wear would make it look like you had massive tendies if you rode gently every other day

no it wouldn't.

chickenstrips don't matter but I find this argument even more bizarre, tyres don't become unused, if you never touch the sides again after a track day they will be coated in a shredded rubber.

How do you people even come up with this shit, what is it based on? not reality surely.

I mean, I get that. But what, you can't go to a restaurant or something on a sportbike? I always took my Aprilia into the city because it's so much easier to park.

I don't have that many friends user

>he doesn't know your chicken strips grow back

who is 6Foot4Honda

Don't listen to this idiot.

It's guys who will only EVER go grocery shopping on a motorcycle but buy an adv bike or supersport.

me bitch, wanna fight

what's wrong with that?

why should you limit yourself to a "suitable bike" like a gs500? why not keep your options open?

an AT especially is a capable grocery getter
and sportbikes can be pretty comf for short trips

advrider.com/index.php?threads/why-you-should-not-buy-a-ural-motorcycle.794963/

Because it literally makes you a poser.

You bought something for the status of owning it.

Not because you're going to use it.

I use mine to its potential most of the time
Sometimes I just wanna ride around.
I still take it to the track like you say it's made for it, but there's nothing wrong with running around on it either.
>get over yourself

How do you like that Shadow?

I was trying to talk the wife into buying one but she bought the CB750 instead.

The Nighthawk and TW are the wifes bikes. The bulk of the Gold Wing makes her nervous, and she hasn't taken me up on the offer of trying the XR yet. Which is reasonable, considering she can't even put both toes on the ground.

While it's a no-brainer not to buy a new Russian bike with like 60HP, isn't the engine just an old BMW? I had an R90/6 that I put like 40K miles on.

I never said there was anything wrong with riding casually you fucking low reading comprehension shitlords. It's when they are ridden EXCLUSIVELY in that manner.

Okay nobike whatever you say

t. hipster milennial numale minimalist

>i only ride a bicycle these car cucks are posers none of them need that much cargo space unlike me i actually understand my needs and don't dream of exceeding them

excess is freedom. do you hate america?

>stop liking what I don't like waah
Dude I can ride my r1 back and forth between bars all weekend and never ride it again if I want. If it bothers you, you need a shrink.

YOU FUCKING POSERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

nice bike faglord

There's nothing wrong with either

Only knee-chewer (or chuunee) teenagers care about who's a "poser" and who's "authentic", because they think possessions define your personality. They say posers try to do that, but really, by trying to be more "authentic" in your possessions you're actually trying to define your personality with them, while in being a "poser" and owning things that don't advertise your actual personality, you are not. In fact, you probably don't give a fuck and just bought it because you liked it.

>ride with earplugs in for two weeks
>start commuting to work again
>don't remember if that slight chatter at idle was normal or not
>a_lot_of_sweat.png

I can't really give a very well-rounded opinion because I haven't been riding long and haven't had the chance to ride much else, but for a cruiser I really enjoy it. Just the right amount of get-up-and-go, not long enough to be a pain in curves, overall very manageable. It's also got a lot going for it that keeps it very low-maintenance; shaft drive, hydraulic lifters, etc. Mine is above the 30,000 mile mark yet still runs flawlessly, though I will definitely attribute much of that to the care given by the previous owner as well. Doesn't really have anything crazy going for it, but it seems to me like a solid, no-frills bike.

I definitely like the more basic looks in comparison to most of what's on the market today at least; it seems like a lot of the stuff out there now really tries to play into the cruiser psyche with their design languages and it mostly just isn't my thing anymore.

my bike doesn't have a rev limiter
what happens if I WOT it in neutral and hold it there

I may be pulling this out of my ass but I thought I heard they were even made by/in India now, or at least for a while in the past. Might be mis-remembering something else though.

>my bike doesn't have a rev limiter
I doubt that

She is gonna blow, should have just fixed your godbike instead

it's a nigthawk

Guessing here
>valve float will eventually limit it from revving any higher
or
>something that spins will fail
probably depends on the bike

>bike at idle
>tach bounces around
>can feel/hear the revs go up and down

wat

What bike

does it annoy anyone else how modern bikes only turn on one headlight unless highbeams are on

>slight chatter at idle
Most bikes will rattle at the clutch a little bit if the clutch is out, and it's really only noticeable at idle. It's really loud on my KTM as well.

no, also some do and some don't still, also end your life

extremely
if I owned a bike like that I would replace both bulbs with dual bulbs and rewire them immediately
even leaving the high beam on and one being brighter bothers me

it's more efficient to design that way
suzuki found a way around it with their cyclops setup

My bike does this.
Its not that what bothers me.
What bothers me is that when the high beam is on the low one goes off.
Can I wire it so the low beam stays ON with the high beam?

Mine turns on both

the reflectors for each beam is different as well so have fun changing that

We know

No

>implying I'm not just going to shove two 10k HIDs in there and not give a fuck

I know you said you were on the market for a new sidecar passenger with boobs and a vagina, but damn. A dog? That's pushing it.

don't knock it 'till you've tried it senpai

delet.

Where is your tail light? And your indicators?

Who /riding/ tomorrow in MA?

Got day off

he's one of those fools that wants to get run over

Considering a VFR800 for that delicious V4 as the next addition to the garage . Anything I should know anons?

So when DO you use high beams? Is this a country boy thing? I have literally never thought "damn, it's just super dark tonight, I better turn on the high beams", nor have I ever felt far enough away from other humans to feel justified in turning them on and not being paranoid about suddenly encountering oncoming traffic and having to decide between leaving them on and feeling like a dick and flipping them off while passing and feel like I'm making a human connection (see: figuring out where to look while passing someone on a sidewalk, saying gg in a 1v1 in dota or overwatch, etc)

>Inb4 debilitatingly autistic
Agreed

country roads without lights + lack of moonlight = can't see shit, capn

it's good to be able to see the road ahead of you

Not at all

I basically only use them in the country or on this one stretch of road in the city where there's for some reason no lights.

I love my 03 gsxr 1000 but I'm in the mood to completely change the look. My first instinct is Street fighter but I dunno

What are the cool kids doing with old sportbikes Veeky Forums?

Havent you ridden in backroads in the forest at night?
You dont see shit.

Turning off your high beams is more like not walking directly into that person on the sidewalk. If you can manage merging you can deal with turning your fucking high beams off.

Leaving them stock and not ruining a good bike

any time there's not a car ahead of me I turn them on

The older ones fry R/Rs. The tourmax replacement is good prevevntative maintenance. Some people use a yamaha part or something.

Newer ones have vtak. Can't vouch for it because I have never ridden a bike with vtak.

The extra low end torque over a 600 is noticeable. You won't leave 2nd gear in the city. Ever. Engine lugs below 3k in second, it's kind of snatchy in 1st. Lives and breathes everywhere above 5k.

It's a heavy bike that gets poor fuel economy, but it is comfy.

>wide banana seat
>high clipons stock
>lower pegs than a CBR
>CBS actually isn't that bad, shortens braking distances, can't see it being bad unless you're riding on ice sand and the one front piston the rear activates will wash you out

If you don't have factory luggage, don't get it. They're clamshell cases. Save your money for nice aftermarket.

bosozoku

70s-tier psychedelic flowers and mushrooms splishy splooshy flower-power Sgt Pepper Lonely Hearts Band paintjob.

Many thanks user.

I did the same fucking thing, I wore headphones for a few months and then when I broke them I started hearing the bike again and I was shitting myself as to if the Noises were normal or not

I regret buying mine instead of just putting additional comfort mods on a nice F4i desu senpai.

>not mentioning how hot they run

250f is overheating
200-220f is normal operating temperature. The fan comes on after 220f.
180-200f is a little cold. Anything lower is too cold.

how do I squid safely

do it away from traffic and know your limits.

>how do I swim in death valley

He is the ex's. I just like the picture.
>he is a good boy

Is a '89 Honda VTR250 a good first bike? Easy to work on and whatnot?

>this

Where you getting parts from? Is there a Flux-capacitor in your 80s beater?

A guy is offering to trade one for my beat up old meme car and I'm tempted by the low insurance and high mileage. My dad used to ride and he's my size so I have gear already, too.
I don't know if it has a flux-capacitor, is that important?

is the k5-6 worth the extra $1-2k over a k3-4 gsxr1000?

Im 18 and getting a motorcycle, i grew up racing dirt bikes and the largest bike ive raced had a 450cc engine, how would a 2006 hoysung gt650r for $1500 be, is that a good deal? would it blow me away. Only reason im looking at this bike in particular is bc a friend is selling

>hyosung
there's a reason your friend is selling it

>hoysung
don't buy that korean crap

Yes.

Possibly if you can't find parts today. Enjoy the feels.

no it will be less intense than your 450 and hyosung is trash

hyosung is pretty shit, but for $1500 it's not too bad.

But anything less than a 750cc+ twin is going to feel like shit compared to your dirtbike because no torks, though the top end and top speed will be way better.

what if I were to put that extra money toward another bike like an old goldwing, would it still be better to have one really good bike?

typo, clearly

the k5 will be better but not world changing.

It'll be better but not a bikes worth of money better.

I wasn't referring to the typo