Considering getting a Mazda rx7 fb shell and swapping in a mx-5 (miata) engine. What are youse thoughts...

Considering getting a Mazda rx7 fb shell and swapping in a mx-5 (miata) engine. What are youse thoughts , good daily project ?

Sounds great, but why not something with a bit more power?
SR20DET, RB25/26 would be cool, but the miata motor would make a good daily I guess.

I'd rather get a miata and swap a rx7 engine in it.

That would be a toy, not a daily driver.

I would be getting an engine like that if i had a bigger budget. The miata engines are cheap and easy to swap so it's my first choice

Sounds like the stupidest idea ever OP, if you are too stupid to rebuild a carb 12a, then you are not going to pull this off

But you should do it anyways

>swap a rx7 engine in it.
Swap that engine into the garbage where it belongs.

t. Assmad GM fangirl

>t. Assmad GM fangirl
I like you're you're calling others fangirls while blindly defending an unreliable hunk of shit engine that requires a total rebuild every 60k. Sorry about your broken brain, but maybe the fangirl is you.

where do you live? what mx5 engine are you referring to? LF-VE?

Let me know when GM wins LeMans cuckold

I bet you like pushrods too

>not an LS

Hey it's the Slav! how's Russia been friend?

Wrong

Brah i know russia sucks but there's no need to lie about it

>rotaries are unreliable xd
they are perfectly reliable. apex seals don't simply explode, of course the meme-spouting busrider on Veeky Forums doesn't know this.

>Still this obsessed
It doesn't matter if russia sucks when I live very far away from it

>classic slav

Ukrain?

Damn user, you went to sleep thinking of me and the first thing you did in the morning was come here looking for me

You seem obsessed about me not being a slav

No

As unreliable as any other 2 stroke, it's a miracle they last as long as they do.

Slavs thinking anyone cares about them, I just feel like calling you out when you start to shit up a thread, like a Slav would do

the fuck is a daily project?

Put a rotary back in it you vagina

F20C

But I am not a slav user

>I just feel like calling you out when you start to shit up a thread
Watch out we have a wannabe janitor here

s/o/viet is American and drives a GMC truck, he just enjoys triggering little bitches like you

Classic Slav

>enjoys triggering little bitches like you
nice projection, thanks for the (you)

stay triggered

Depends on where OP lives, but if on a low budget I'd go with a CA18DET instead of an SR20DET which are often overpriced and overrated.

hey Slav you should stop trying to play as 2 people, kek

>classic slav

>"I'm going to show this shitposter not to mess with me"!!

This is autism user, go get checked

>as he replies every single time
this is autism Slav, go get checked

Just put an LS in instead of an underpowered Mazda I4.

This. If you're gonna swap engines, might as well go for objectively the best balance between cost, reliability, aftermarket support, availability, packaging, weight and performance.

4AGE?

SR20DET with trans are around 1200 here in america, hard to beat 1200 dollars for a manual trans and engine with ~200hp

Ls swap.

I thought Trump would rid us of the slavs

What are the weight differences between rx7 and miata? Isn't the rx7 heavier? So wouldn't you get a lot less hp?

Not sure if that's how it works, but still. I kinda wanna do this because rx7 is the sexiest car in the world, but rotary memes have made me wary of using it as a dd.

I applaud you for wanting to keep things in the family. My biggest car autism issues are when people repaint cars with different company paint codes and when people swap in engines from different companies. I'm a fan of the 12A myself but this sounds like it could be loads of fun.

I'd personally prefer a KL over a BP.

302 and T5 is cheaper and makes more HP and tons more torque.

>Being this delusional
Sorry your magic triangle engine is such shit, user. You rotards never fail to make me laugh with your hopeless defense of your garage engines. I don't have to worry about my piston rings blowing out every 60k either :^)

t. Assmad GM fangirl

12A is pretty bulletproof, just get a decently maintained FB an drive it

beams engine might be a better choice. I've seen engine, ecu and trans go for $1200.

unrelated but are RX8s as horrible as they are memed as? I got one literally next door for a decent price but its an auto, what do?

>auto RX8
Avoid the FUCK out of this, especially if it's an early one. Not only does it suffer from the normal Renesis-related problems, it also had its redline nerfed to 7k so there's no way it's been redlined every day like it should be.

thanks user, I guess that's why it has been sitting at the dealership for two years now. It's clean as hell tho

>12A is bulletproof
Explain pls

can vouch

Swap a rb20det or sr20det they're both grunty engines

buttblasted miata driver schooled by the mazda masterpiece
i love the motor for the mechanical aspect of it. if it breaks, i have bikes to ride
moron, i had several 2 stroke streetbikes, as long as you pay attention and do what's needed, there's no problem.

of course, if you operate like a woman day to day, i would foresee some potential problems, yes

NA rotary. Its boost pressure thats the enemy of apex seals.

Same

If you want to keep a mazda engine in the car, swap in an FE3. They have been kinda forget but can hold good power on stock internals when turbocharged.

That wouldn't be a problem for you, just keep dailying the bus

What would be the point of buying a rotary just to swap out the engine? It's not particularly fast on its own. Just buy a Miata, they're cheaper.