/bfg/ - Battlefield General

Previous Thread: >>>NEWS

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/60ujb0/dice_is_it_possible_to_add_a_mechanic_to_prevent/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dead General

Bump

Ammo 2.0 is retarded.

Post your top three weapons and face judgement.

>still playing this shit

LMAO

>still being a turboshitter

LMAO

>can easily fix the grenade spam by making the ammo pouches only give ammo (with the caveat that it will always replenish ammo to max capacity) and no gagdet ammo, while at the same time maybe giving the crate an incentive by adjusting the resupply timer
>instead do some convulted 1 step forward, 30 steps back change

sasuga DICE

CROSSOVER WHEN

>inb4 that one user who calls me autist hypocritically

Never

Free for All when?

The Martini Henry will surpass the SMLE by tomorrow.

What if there was a gadget pouch?
That way good supports can dish out ammo and gadget resupplies and not use the faggot crossbow at the same time.
It's win-win.

Forgot this.

A-a-and done.
Dune-based melee-centric Action-RPG when? ;_;

Post recent sessions if you dare

Shoot at planes you shitters
Infantry can deal so much damage to strafing planefags

epic meme, infantry weapons are trash against planes

t. airchav, I always have a hearty laugh when some autist tries to spam me with a LMG and make sure he gets a nice little surprise on my next pass

No they can't.
They highest damage I've ever done to a plane on one of its runs is 50. usually its about 20 - 30. Once it passes you maintaining damage is so hard and it can get to points where it is just to far away for you to predict its movement or it is simply out of sight. And even doing about 30 damage they can verify easily heal and go back for another run, this time at you.

The best way to kill planes is by going the bomber killer. Fly up to them without shooting your main gun so they don't know your there. If you fire at them with your plane MG they start doing evasive semiquavers and it is way to hard to kill them. Fly up behind them stealthily so your almost touching and shoot your rockets, guaranteed kill.

I haven't been doing to well this week.
Don't know why it says an hour ago because that was yesterday.
Been get packet loss all the time.

You are ONE GUY and you deal a third to half of its life
There are 31 more of you on the ground
If people weren't complete and utter shitters you had to buff plane health to high heavens
Yeah I also enjoy it when your lumbering ass makes a pass to get me, only for me to sidestep 2m and pump 50 more damage into your ass and render you useless

Yeah but that never works. The same thing could be said about shooting done stuff with stingers in old BF's.
It is a good idea, but getting it to happen is hard as fuck.

I play with only one guy most of the time, if we both go MG15 support we can straight up deny all the airspace around us, because we can single-handedly kill a plane that comes for an obvious strafe run
Two people, out of 32

Why are all the maps so fucking shit?

lol dead af

Because the design focus for maps was switched from gameplay-centric to visuals-centric

What are the most demanding settings in BF1 i wont to have 60 fps with as high graphics as possible.

>Been get packet loss all the time.
I had awful packet loss yesterday night, my ping was fine but everything was lagging all over the place
I chalked it up to my connection having an issue, is it a more widespread issue?
The others on the server were fine

What's your specs

hahaha stay mad, I shit on kids like you for breakfast.

Yeah its really weird.
For some reason some servers just give me like 1 - 4% packet loss which makes me rubber band everywhere.
Even when I have a good connection it happens and I don't know why.

The ironic thing is that Stingers had far more of an impact on helos than small arms ever will on Trench Fighters/Ground Support

Stingers force you to fly evasively, low to the ground so you risk getting exploded by a tank shell or dumbfire rocket, or flare/ECM. If you didn't, you not only ate 34 damage, but got engine disabled for an excruciatingly long time. One Stinger to a good helo pilot at least had the merit of being annoying and something that had to be dealt with

Small arms fire has no effect on planes other than dropping their HP, where they fly off and rep and come back. If they violently shook planes and destroyed their parts much easier, you bet everyone would have an incentive to shoot up aircraft more often. That's never going to happen though, since DICE's direction in this game is to make vehicles unstoppable farming machines that simultaneously pleases both bad casuals and vehicle autists

And then a pilot who isn't a dumbass realizes what you're trying to do, breaks away immediately and makes another pass 200m above and drops bombs on you again

Not everyone is a Support with MG15 Suppressive. What is the point of dealing damage to a plane when they can simply fly off and heal, and nobody else bothers to help most of the time?

gtx970 i5 [email protected] 8gb ram

There's not even need to fly low enough to take any significant damage from them. Trench Fighter can easily drop darts from halfway to the flight ceiling, where you take maybe 10 damage from infantry weapons during a pass.

Yeah that's true. A guy with a stinger could pretty much temporarily remove a heli from the game but it got its flares back.

I think AA needs to bully planes more. Even if the damage is shit they should make them get pushed around so people need to look out for htem and stuff.

>and makes another pass 200m above and drops bombs on you again
Good thing I'm not an immobile AA, then?
If I made a pilot focus all his efforts on me because I'm bothering him that much then I have essentially done my job of taking the plane out of the picture
>Not everyone is a Support with MG15 Suppressive.
Everyone but assault deals good damage to planes. A selbstlader medic can easily do 30 to a passing fighter or attack plane, for example, and a scout with good tracking can also easily deal 30 with regular bullets, and fuck their parts up with k-rounds
>What is the point of dealing damage to a plane when they can simply fly off and heal
See above, essentially removing the plane from the picture. I fly a lot, and the difference between shitter teams and teams that actually bother too look at the sky is remarkable. I have way more downtime in the latter situation, and I'm constantly down life so I'm easy food to other fighters, AA and such

This is an actual issue, the trench fighter would be balanced if he didn't have his sniping scope. It feels silly to be able to nuke AA from outside his range

post your battlefieldtracker, it's so obvious that you're some sub 1 KD shitter theorylord who gets cucked all game long

You'll be limited by your cpu before the gpu gets bothered much, I'd wager
I got a I5 4690k @ 4,4 ghz and it caps out at times
My gpu is a shitty r9 280 and I'm running on medium preset with plenty of headroom, I could probably run high preset most of the time

Try again faggotron
Most people are so resigned .to planes farming them that they don't even bother with the simplest countermeasures

>56% win rate
>2.5 k/d
Are you a vehicle fag by chance?

Did your eyes stop tracking after the top third of the picture or something
My playtimes per kit are right there

Yeah sorry I wasn't reading it.
Your just a sniper fag.
Probably sits up hills grinding kills instead of capping objectives and winning games.

No, I'm actually constantly PTFO'ing with my m95 occupying the #1 spot on my team
Hillniggers get fuckall score and you can see mine right there
Are you done with the baseless ad hominem assumptions and bother with the actual argument now?

I'm not even the plane guy from before I just think your winrate sucks ass and doesn't really ad up with your high KD. How can you get so many kills but still lose so many games?

>2.48 kdr, doesn't show infantry kdr
>56.90% win ratio
>Top classes are hillnigger and airchav

This is a fucking joke right

Oh and you can also clearly see how I have experience from both perspectives, plane and infantry, which allows me to make informed statements
The difference between being able to make uncontested straferuns and getting lit up whenever I come within 100m of the mob is striking, and I can clearly see the amount of damage I deal with small arms to planes when on the ground

Why are you racist, OP? That girl has to be black, OP. What are you doing, OP?! Didn't you know there were mainly black people deciding WW1 for us?

By having such a high influence that the game always balances me into the losing team on the next round, and not leaving games that are already lost when I joined them, which averages out the winrate
Any shitter mongrel can obtain a 100% w/l by leaving lost games before they end, because the stats are then voided

>I'm always on the shit team
I dunno that sounds pretty dumb.

But I didn't know that leaving games wasn't a loss. I'm going to do it more often.

>>I'm always on the shit team
That is not at all what I said what the fuck
Is this general really filled with stupid people who have nothing worthwhile to say, with the fine exception of

>Winrate is meaningless
Well that's it then. There is no way of being able to judge people anymore. K/D is easily grind able and someone can have a high K/D and no actual use on the game.

Someone can leave games and negate win rate decreases.
BTR is shit and useless.

And doesn't Battlefield tracker only compare you to people that went onto the tracker website anyway?

What do we measure peoples skill on? How can we tell if someone is good or that they just play a lot?

>What do we measure peoples skill on? How can we tell if someone is good or that they just play a lot?
Aggregate of stats
High k/d, but low spm/total score? Camping vehicle/hillnigger
Low k/d, but high spm, high medic? Good medic
Low everything? Shitter
Fixating on one stat was always a dumb idea, it doesn't tell you the story and can easily be artificial
It's always going to be a crapshoot though, because for example playing with a squad that's not complete shit will inflate your stats tremendously. Even just running with a single medic will boost your k/d by a lot

Also infantry k/d is total deaths/infantry kills, by the way, which completely skews it for anyone who's spend time in vehicles, unless they've fixed it since then

>total deaths/infantry kills
The division is inverted, of course

What's best shotguns to you?
I like the Slug and the new one

Slug is my fav gun in thew game

I like the versatility, but I still struggle to hit people at long ranges with it, even if they're stationary
I got to go onto an empty server with a friend to figure out the bulletdrop

>Cavalry can survive getting headshotted by a sniper
This class just gets more and more op and I love it

>Point Automatico or A-10 Hunter at Calvary
>He still dies instantly

The A10 gets me but I've killed a lot of automaticos. They leave you with about 20 - 5 health though. You need to get 2 perfect shots or you die.
Then you just toss a health pack for yourself and do it again.

what the fuck is this weeb shit

>4 rounds of frontlines within 40 minutes
wtb good enemies

Quality content

playing BF1 just fucking angers me now, and the ingame chat is nothing but hostilities, everyone is in a bad mood. I've lost count how many times I've said "DICE, FOR FUCKS SAKE" outright since the patch.

time to whip out the exit bag...

poorgoy here
is the zombie room on fort vaux still there

really

makes

ya think

Good for gadgets.

Bad for explosives.

Maybe weebs are just better than you, sweetie?

That's a really cute nose on that avatar

So did anyone find a continuation of the "A Beginning" myth in the DLC yet?
I know there's the houses on the DLC Maps, but I haven't heard that anything came from them yet other than the Up easter egg.

I love not being able to use 90% of emblems on emblemsbf.com because I don't have the special shapes from the other games.

>use nothing but the autismatitico for 6 months

>good

im saying there mentally ill sweetie

>there
Hmm

>not making your own emblem
how do you live with yourself?

I don't have enough chromosomes for that kind of thing.

How many dynamite sticks do you need to pop a tank? Mines, for example, deal 50 each

thats pretty well made

>killed by faggot with 23 service stars on the arty truck
REEEEEEE

there was also that zombie room Easter egg on fort vaux that no one answered my question about

>farming kills with OP noob-friendly guns
>"good"

please keep autism in the discord and refrain from making future OPs

why can't he just keep it to himself?

No

yes

>not wanting OC that keeps the thread on life support

are they ever gonna have any DLC weapons unlockable with warbonds. i'm sitting on 9500 and i already have pretty much everything i want to use.

You only get warbonds up until level 75 - enough to buy everything buyable in the game. Warbonds are not a real in-game currency.

i know. i am level 75. i don't wanna buy everything just yet.

You might as well. They're most certainly not going to allow anything else but vanilla stuff to be bought with warbonds.

but why. for me at least if you unlock absolutely everything in a game so early on (only had it since xmas), the game feels empty

reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/60ujb0/dice_is_it_possible_to_add_a_mechanic_to_prevent/
jesus christ

No.

yes

>play as medic
>prettyfun.jpg
>run over to res people, get close
>they skip

??????????

its like they wait for me to get close

>mfw people actively avoid user even in video games