google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:
→ → → # → → # →

shitty webms with sounds:
# #

Previously on /dbt/:
→ → → # → → #

Other urls found in this thread:

milanuncios.com/motos-de-segunda-mano-en-madrid/?desde=1000&hasta=1500&demanda=n
il.comroads.com/video/biker-hits-left-turner-7215
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FIRST FOR UNGODLY RACKET

>riding liter peter
>usually ride 600
>got a nice straight to record some 0-100s or top out a gear runs
>do a few
>feels insanely fast
>look at the footage on gopro
>shifting at 8k
>not hitting 100mph until 3rd gear

holy fuck I am a pussy

Also you forgot to update the previous thread link, you lazy copypaste fag.

Post your most recent addition.

>So many half finished, poorly done, matte black rattle can painted "cafe racer" gold wings or sale near me.
>Every 70s and 80s bike for sale in mediocre condition has "would make a great cafe racer!" in the description.

Don't get me wrong, I like the aesthetics of cafe racers, but this faggotry has totally turned me off to owning one.

Can't wait for choppers or crotchrockets to be popular again so I can finally buy UJMs and other standard bikes for reasonable prices, provided there are any unmolested ones left.

Hipsters and redditors are going to have to come around to cruisers eventually I imagine as their obsession with imitating vintage "Americana" moves into the 40s and 50s from the 20s and 30s. Maybe then we can be left alone with our pure carbeurated classic standards. At least until they get into neon late 80s / early 90s sport bikes and come up with new and detestable ways to molest them.

Hello fellow motorcycle users. Newfag here. Got my first bike, never rode a bike in my life before. This was my third time on the bike and i've decided to "try out" this thing called "countersteering". I was going ~30 mph on empty road and there is a little curve so i've decided it's the best spot to try this thing out. I've pushed the bars in the opposite direction, and turned a bit but almost fell out of the road. I don't know if i should push it even more but i was a bit scared to go ham. Where did i fuck up?

Only recently started lurking this thread since finishing my MSF course. Took the course on a Yamaha XT250, which was pretty fun.

I've been looking at getting the WR250R for my first bike, but have seen a lot of people getting shit on here for owning them. Why is that? Are the owners simply insufferable, or is there actually something wrong with the bike? It's obviously not some highway chomping machine, but I think it would be fun for ripping around town + light dirt riding.

Look thru the turn and don't be afraid to lean, your tires can hold so much more than you're capable of giving them

No one dislikes the WR, just WR user

The secret to countersteering is to not think about countersteering. It is the ONLY way a motorcycle or bicycle can turn, so if you have ever turned, at all, on a bike, you are countersteering.

So don't give it another thought.

>Are the owners simply insufferable
Just one.

whats wrong with it

did you take the MSF course?

>dislikes
nvm

You're not meant to push the bars in the opposite direction. You push them down on the side you want to turn to, period. It's natural already if you've ever ridden a bicycle in your life. Countersteering is just a complicated term for a minor occurence that happens automatically when you turn into corners, normally you wouldn't even have to think about it.

Learn to ride properly before trying this shit user, how the fuck are you on the road if you can't even go around a corner properly?

what bike should i get if i want a qt gf?

You ask this every single thread. Girls don't care about bikes, only dudes.

B-bbut what about all those vloggers who have videos titled CUTE GIRL WANTS A RIDE ON MY BIKE?

this

Just a wee bit of the old offroading, eh?

Gotchya. Thanks.

>Countersteering is just a complicated term for a minor occurence...
This. It bothered me that they took as long as they did in the MSF to explain countersteering. It is completely natural if you have ever been on a bicycle and explaining it only seemed to confuse some of the others who honestly probably shouldn't been riding in the first place.

Seriously, do people who have never ridden a bicycle even attempt riding a motorcycle? Feels to me like the only way you could even appreciate motorcycles is by having grown up on bicycles.

What the fuck are doing user

>Learn to ride properly
im trying

Just why

Also daily reminder that 300cc's are not real bikes

are they fake or do bitches really want to ride with some fag?

Ignore that guy.

What makes a wr250 better than a klx250? Seems like a few grand more for what is as far as I know the same bike?

>Meeting grills on Motorcycles

Motorcycles can do wonders for your love life, user.

WR is a perfectly good first bike and excellent intro to dual sports. You'll be able to get off road and have a blast on single track and dirt roads, which will increase your overall ability as a rider in ways that can't be overstated. You'll also be well suited to any kind of around town riding, and as long as you buy used don't completely hammer the thing to bits you should be able to get most of your money back out of it if/when you decide to sell.

I would recommend keeping it though when you want to upgrade and just adding a second bike, unless you want to upgrade to larger dual sport.

Oh my god, what have you done.

I'd be hesitant to ride even my XR650L into that shit without walking it first to see how deep the mud was.

I buried it down to the axles once in sticky red mud out in the middle of nowhere. Took me a good two and a half hours to get out.

Never again.

Dual sports are awesome for learning on.

Ive had a few close calls on my streetbike that probably would have been tumbles if I didnt know how to controll hektik skids from back in my dirtbiking days. You can learn a lot about riding on the edge of traction/control offroad that you just cant safely learn onroad. I think its the reason a lot of people (especially cruiser owners) just decide to "lay her down" if they start loosing traction instead of powering through it.

Totally pointless, user.

I rode for years before I watched some instructional video that talked about counter-steering. I went out and tried it, though "oh, that's a neat phenomenon", and pretty much never thought about it again.

It's not something you need to actually apply to your riding, it happens naturally if you aren't death gripping your bars.

I agree with the countersteering consensus in this thread.

I think lots of people probably haven't ridden a bicycle in many years when they try to start riding, or have never really ridden a bicycle at faster than walking speed.

Gimme the lowdown on this bike, it looks cool and I don't have real life bike friends to talk to. I ride a dual sport bike back and forth across my land but this thing looks cool enough for me to get a real license and take it on the street

1st for never buying a liter

A E S T H E T I C

I have a 500, watch out for the carbs getting clogged up, theres fucking 4 of them. The 1000 was the fastest production bike at the time and will beat out anything under newer 600s.

Mine revs to 14000 rpm its pretty lit, although i barely go above 10000

>fastest bike at the time
God damn it looks cool. Is 1700 fair asking price?

iss an interceptor
a couple of models used to be fast so everyone pretends they all are

Yes but they've also got at the very least a modicum of charisma. Buying a bike doesn't do all the work for you.

>h-hi I bought this because the guys on the internet said
>d-do you like it?
>why are you running away?

It's fine that you can't do it man but jesus did your riding test not cover any of this? It's super basic stuff.

Still has 115hp, its nothing to cough at.

Also pig fat by todays standards.

This.

I got on a 450lb street bike the other day to take it for a test ride, and the first corner I went around the back wheel broke free and started to slide because the owner had sprayed the tires down with some kind of tire black.

Years of dirt riding just kind of took over and I ended up carrying it through the turn and recovering without issue. I was surprised at how automatic is was, and I feel like some riders who had only ever been on asphalt might have lowsided there.

My brother just bought a gsxr600 yesterday
Now it shuts off after about 10 minutes of riding.?
It was fine on the half hour trip home yesterday but now neither of us can figure it out.

Why would it shut off? It feels like someone turned the key while youre riding.

Sexy as absolute fuck, fast enough to squeeze your adrenal glands, and glorious V4 exhaust note. If you like it and it's in good running shape, that's a good price.

Buy it.

the interceptors are some of the coolest 80s bikes ever made. Really strong V4 engine for the time and cool looks.

Sadly the 1000 is rather heavy and the engines tend to have problems with the cams wearing due to oil starvation.

I'll take a qt feminine guy, too.

>Modern electrical systems.

k e k

115hp but also 261kg, that's extremely heavy and a pitiful amount of power for such weight. Sure it's not slow, but it wouldn't exactly be fast either. Probably lovely and comfy, but it'd corner like a barge made of custard.

He did even say what year it was or if was even an electrical problem. Retro cucks are so desperate to put down superior machinery, it's hilarious but also kind of embarrassing.

Anyone here have a power commander? I just got a new exhaust system and a K&M air filter. should I also remap my ECU? Is there actually a power gain?

That's 440 hp/t, or the same as a 200kg bike with 88hp or a 150kg bike with 66hp.

What bike?

Generally an ecu tune is the way to go

for gays literally any non ducati italian bike
for women any expensive sounding badge

Yeah, so it's only just faster than say a CBR500R in terms of power to weight ratio, except it weighs the same as a small family car.

Depends on bike and system. Is it a full front to back system or just a slip on? Air filter won't matter much but if it's a full system the bike might need a power commander to use it properly.

Its a 2004.
Brother thinks its the killswitch wiring.
Looking into this now

Buying a bike because of the way you think / want / imagine anyone else will see you is 100% the wrong reason. Allowing what you think / want / imagine any girl / femboy / trap / faggot will think of you to influence your bike purchasing decision is cringey, autistic, and dumb.

If you can't interact with, talk to, or get whatever warm hole carrying creature you're trying to impress interested in you without a motorcycle, you wont be able to do it with one.

Deal with your insecurity and self-image problems first or you'll be forever trying to make up for the inadequacy of your personality with false pretexts.

Just look at Elliot "Supreme Gentleman" Rodger. "Muh BMW, muh Sigs, muh designer clothes, muh looks, girls should want me!". Six murders and a suicide later, we all know how well empty status symbols and failed attempts to appear interesting worked for him.

The bikes don't really get much shit. It's just that one user goes into maximum damage control any time someone says they dislike anything about it.

Its only a CBR500R, but I people have been telling me I should get then tune, if not for the power, at least so my bike doesn't run lean from the sudden increase in air flow.

It's only a slip on, but people have told me even stock some bikes are mapped to run lean and an ECU mapping would help.

Just adjust the fuel mixt- oh wait
>EFI
Lol at having to purchase expensive bullshit to adjust something so simple

Basically what I was getting at with The bike isn't going to just magically make some autismo some god to women, it'll just be the same autismo, perched on top of a bike.

>Bike rode fine all day yesterday.
>Starts and runs fine now but shuts off instantaneously.

He's either out of gas, or it's an electrical problem.

If it's not out of gas, an electrical problem like that wouldn't shut the bike off consistently after a similar amount of run time if it were a loose connection or something like you would encounter on an older bike.

Leaving, that's right, some faulty component overheating or error'ing out.

Keep your uneducated opinions to yourself and maybe download a "motorcycle anatomy for children" book or something onto your ipad.

You don't need an ECU tune then, I have a 500R and slip ons make absolutely no difference.

It's true.

Just go on to fit and look at all the poor lost souls that thought by getting in shape they would magically be able to procure a gf, but are now just ripped and lonely instead of fat and lonely.

The problem isn't the things surrounding user, it's user himself.

Theres plenty of those here on /dbt/

>carbs
lol you have to take the shit apart and clean it
You have to set the choke when you start
You have to adjust shit all the time
My bike is just turn on, and go. No bs needed.
>fuel injection > carbs

>Decrease air intake resistance.
>Decrease exhaust back pressure.

Yes, you need to re-map if you want to get the most out of your bike. That's guaranteed to have leaned it out some, and a lot of factory bikes are already on the lean side from factory for economy reasons.

It really doesn't on the 500R, it's a pretty weak and choked engine, mostly by the cat, a slip on really doesn't make any difference.

Probably not necessary, but would help. There is basically no power benefit at all without a tune, whether or not a couple more hp and (likely) better ridability is worth a few hundred bucks is up to you.

Worst case scenerio it might just pop a little on deceleration. My fz09 does the same, Im just waiting until winter to send the ecu off.

Better suspension, its fuel injected, and just a better bike period. Kawasaki doesn't have a very good reputation anyways, some of their larger motors, namely the KLR, like to self-destruct.

>Just look at Elliot "Supreme Gentleman" Rodger. "Muh BMW, muh Sigs, muh designer clothes, muh looks, girls should want me!". Six murders and a suicide later, we all know how well empty status symbols and failed attempts to appear interesting worked for him.
tru but having all that shit still helps

>>/gif/thread/10581645#p10582498

stupid no audio on Veeky Forums

>Kawasaki doesn't have a very good reputation anyways
What?
Thats about the opposite of what I always hear.

Kawasaki a best.

>see pic related in CL
>A E S T H E T I C
>$1300!
>"Small transmission leak."
>google search...

Replacing the rear main seal on a K100 requires disassembling the subframe, rear wheel and suspension, pegs and rear brake, unbolting and removing the transmission and disassembling the clutch.

I hadn't realized until now what a wonderful lesbian he would be

having ridden a few bikes (mainly 150-200ccs in SE asia) and the occasional fullsize bikes, Im torn between spending X amount on a brand new MT-03 or similar (CB 500 mainly) or use the same amount of money on something older but faster....

I just want something to scoot around on from time to time. Im more into small and light than the opposite.

Brand /Percent failed
>Yamaha/Star 11%
>Suzuki 12%
>Honda 12%
>Kawasaki 15%
>Victory 17%
>Harley-Davidson 26%
>Triumph 29%
>Ducati 33%
>BMW 40%
>Can-Am 42%

Kawasaki confirmed worst of the Japanese.

Not him but when I was a kid I failed my MSF course the first time because the instructor basically gave us the "turn right to go left" talk and didn't elaborate.

>brand new
not worth it
get an SV

Still doable in an afternoon user

Just take your time and label where all the bolts go and you can do it. If he takes 1000 thats a steal.

Spanish fag here, I want to buy a cheap used bike for around 1500 Euros, but holy shit, only 20 year old bikes are available for that price range. Are they worth it? They have less than 100k kilometers, but they are old as fuck. I suppose that at least I would buy it from a professional because they give you a warranty.

Take a look:

milanuncios.com/motos-de-segunda-mano-en-madrid/?desde=1000&hasta=1500&demanda=n

I've also been looking at TRX 850, which im way more inclined towards.

Or a honda cb-1

When I dont care about depreciation, brand new certainly has its upsides...

>lol you have to take the shit apart and clean it

Not if you actually ride your bike.

>You have to set the choke when you start

Which does require more finger strength than you have

>You have to adjust shit all the time

I've never had to adjust a carb on a well running bike. I've rejetted carbs because mods, but carbs do not just fall out of adjustment

the problem with them is that usually the swingarm bolts to the gearbox which bolts to the engine and they all collectively bolt to the frame
so, in short, it's a major pain, but 100% doable

scooters drivers in Israel:
il.comroads.com/video/biker-hits-left-turner-7215

scooters are worse riders from motorcycles.

>3%

thats like one bike model with a problem.

Gs500 a good, get that one.

I know at least here, anything running good is worth 1000-1500$ regardless of what bike it is. Its just basically the market for broke peoples impulse buys, save even 2000$ and you get a lot better options.

You prick, you're supposed to be talking me out of it

>I dont care about depreciation
you will after 4 months tops
>brand new certainly has its upsides
it really doesn't tho

that trx looks like a pigfat ducati clone

It only helps for the initial 30 seconds if you're already above the sperg threshold for being able to engage a female anyway.

Figure out what hairstyle looks good on you, take care of your skin, work on your posture, don't be obese, and you're like 40% of the way there. Stop putting women on a pedestal, treat them like normal human beings, and act like a regular human being which being able to engage in normal conversation even if it's about something you don't really care about and you're like 95% of the way there.

You can fill in the last 5% with status symbols if you want, but you shouldn't need them if you're doing it right everywhere else.

The 90's were a magic time for Japanese sport bikes. Don't stress too much.

>>BMW 40%
That's just because BMW riders are more likely to take it to the dealer... Right?

It's fine user, let all the new age retards believe carbs are finicky, temperamental, and maintenance heavy arcana.

It'll drive the used market down.

>Triumph, Ducati and BMW even worse than the shitheaps from Harley
>mfw