/ng/ - Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.
Smaller clans receive more rewards in battles.

List of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/CayVK8TG (updated)

Graves and revenants info:
pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8

Maxed guardian spirits:
imgur.com/a/q0bu4

Reforging guide
pastebin.com/7XbeFD3d

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/D6JN0pxA
reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/6175q1/nioh_update_out_for_japan/
youtube.com/watch?v=cwbjb-TQEPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>1.06 CHANGELOG (roughly translated)
pastebin.com/D6JN0pxA

>Woods
Probably Mori / Mohri

Also NA/EU release when?

All those missions are in the free update? That's pretty nice.

Why is /ng/ so dead at this time?

Everyone's done everything they wanted to do and no one has questions. It'll revive again with the update due to PVP and new content and then even more with the DLC. There's not really much to talk about, the game is straightfoward and it's not like Souls where everyone can circlejerk about lore for 700 posts.

It still usually moves faster 12 hours from now, i guess the burgers are keeping these threads alive.

>Fixed a bug that allowed for enemies to repeatedly knocked up when already airborne.

RIP

No fun allowed.

>nerfed all fun
>buffed nothing, so you'll still use the same everything, just worse

But hey more double boss missions we LOVE sooooo much!

I guess they have to do it in preparation of pvp though, even though it wouldn't be hard to just not walk on the trap, but then it would become a boring stalemate where one guy lays traps all around him and spams emotes.

>MORE nerfs to living weapon and critical builds
Fucking why, the most fun I've had in this game was spinning around with my kusarigama. At least I use Kato and not Suzaku

>tfw full 160+10 fanatics and shiranui
Oh well, i was interested in a kingos kat build anyway.

I feel you. Shiranui was my first 160 +10. It's so fucking lame but now at least I have an excuse to try out Gozutennos axe or that final blow 1kat build

There's new smithing texts though, wonder if there's anything good.

Maybe they'll add Sanadas for people who missed the beta or didn't preorder.

I'm doing a kingos 1kat play myself, pretty fun.

Got my 160+10 finally last nigth, all my armor is like +9/+10, so will try to get that sorted out this weekend.

Stacking damage from behind / final blow damage. Unbuffed I usually do a 15k final blow (what ever it's called). My high attacks from behind are around 5-6k.

With carnage & the lower armor debuff on a boss I'm critting for 25-30k on final blows. It's pretty fun, but doesn't have the insane fury that some of the other move sets do.

I hope to get somehow smithing texts of 3 japan-only DLC helmets(dragon, fox, tanuki). kinda bad to have 93,4% stat of found smithing texts because of "region locked" DLCs

Increased the damage of the Sword Mystic Art "sword of execution"

That's 1kat's final blow right? Seems like the nerfed all the attack power buffs...

thanks user, seems like they're really trying to make the game harder for some easy-mode builds...

>Sword of Execution
>Increases damage dealt when attacking an enemy from behind with a sword

according to this: reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/6175q1/nioh_update_out_for_japan/
>Adjusted the damage of the Sword Mystic Art "Sword of Execution"

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be nerfed too

Gay. Maybe I'll just make a spin to win axe build, or is that getting nerfed too?

That build is crazy powerful at the moment (1kat damage from behind / final blow). But I kinda feel like risk / reward of getting behind should give a damage boost....

>Stacking damage from behind
On armor? Because that's damage you receive from behind. CCD+ 20% is best for your kat over damage from behind too. Only kingos set and shiranui passive gives worthwhile damage from behind boost.

youtube.com/watch?v=cwbjb-TQEPo

Check out that build.

>shiranui
I mean kusarigama.

Thanks user, the good news is I'm rocking pretty much that setup, my gear rolls are not 100% perfect, but they're good enough for me.

He wears a bit of a different armor setup than I have, so gotta fix some of that.

Interesting points on the quick draw... I was going for 5 pieces of kingo's for the last set bonus...

PATCH 1.06 LIVE.

NEW MISSIONS.
NEW BOSSES

GTFI HERE

>Increased the damage of the Sword Mystic Art "sword of execution"

Damn right

UPDATING AS WE SPEAK

read

Yea, not sure what they did with it... if it was buffed... neato

Can anyone help me in the new double boss battles. They are too hard

>Sub Mission: The Return of the Gourd
>Mission Level 330
>Reward:
Smithing Text: Karakawa Armor
Ranjatai Fragment x1
Weapons (Divine)
Yasakani Magatama

!!!!

>NERF
>NERF
>NERF
>NERF
>NERF

Holy shit fuck these fucking gooks I wish I would've gotten physical copy so I can say Fuck off to these updates. Not gonna update until I'm done having fun

Eat shit. KT

im glad they're still adding stuff to this game. Does anyone know when the dlc comes out?

>Ranjatai Fragment x1
Wats that?
>Yasakani Magatama
Nice. I wonder if it would be best to back up the save and if you get a bad one try again.

end of next month i believe

Kek, they nerfed fanatics close combat critical dmg by 10% and my weapon has 5% less close combat critical than it had. I also lost another 5% from somewhere, maybe from kusarigama trait.

>toukiden

I think they may have nerfed special effects critical, my accessory went from 19% to 14%. I lost a shitload from CCA critical. It's all the way down to 47.8%

The masters fight is good

so i have the missio achievement rate not full in the tokai region but all the main missions and subs are done .
is there a new mission in tokai region?

I'm almost certain the texts are just for collection purposes. Which is pretty disappointing. At least everyone gets a free yasakani magamata

The fragment is just a huge spirit stone. It gives you 100,000,00 amrita.

>Living Weapon gauge charges less the longer you are in it
>Suzaku nerfs, including Amrita Gain (Critical) no longer being functional while in living weapon
RIP easy DKR runs

Bellowing Tenryu text drops from the boss of secrets of the dead.

Loving that guaranteed divine accessory too.

>he wasn't already 750
I de-leveld to 200 for this and fanatics is still too strong.
>tfw no amrita bank
I'm not gonna risk 5 billion amrita for more of a challenge.

Someone post a screenshot of all upgraded spirits so we can compare new Suzaku to old Suzaku

I can tell it lost some spirit protection, but I'm not sure what it lost in the living weapon category.

>secret of the dead
what region?

2nd, way of strong

please help

I don't think you can co-op those until you beat them

Jesua christ hanzo and waifu are pissing me off. So agressive i cant even get chance to heal without bullshit flying at me

Have you done all of the dojo missions?

How do i cheese omi bozu?

I know its weak to fire but the animation to light my weapon takes like 3 seconds and he oneshots me

nope but i had all the achievements full in each region without doing these dojo missions before the patch

>All these new crusher titles to get
>After nerfing Living Weapon and Carnage
Fuuuck. It's just down to hoping to get a good run, now

If you use the bonfires to light your weapon, the bonfires will go out a few seconds afterwards and adds will be able to spawn from that part of the platform. It's better to leave them on and not light your weapon, really.

Use fire masks. They're called Hyottoko Masks, and they act like a flamethrower. They eat Omi Bozu alive even on NG+

Several of the new missions are double fights with dojo bosses, user. Do the dojo missions.

Just started the game, those ki regeneration-slowing puddle things are such bullshit artificial difficulty

>tfw beat it 2nd try
lol git gud tbqh

Perfect ki pulses get rid of them, and there is a spirit later on that heals you every time you purify one.

Just swing once, watch the ki meter (or the particular effects), then press R1 to ki pulse and regain all your ki at once. Practice away from enemies if need be. You'll know you got it right when you hear the sound go off.

>pastebin.com/D6JN0pxA
>Decreased the rate that debuffs are applied to enemies; specifically fire, water, earth and wind
>nothing about lightning
I hope that these nerfs aren't too severe, cause lightning is already way too good compared to all other elements

Yeah i know, i got the timing down pretty good now but it breaks the flow of combat and leaves me open to being stunlocked. Not fun.

There are skills that allow you to ki pulse by dodging instead. It's expensive for high stance, but it's only one samurai skill point for low stance.

Try those out.

>restless spirits
>500k gold reward
>mfw i can two shots those bosses in less than a minute

How many bosses are there for that one?

Is the update only out in japan?

nope, live in US

Oh nice. Can I go back to Way of the Samurai and do the new missions or are they ng+ only? Not on right now that's why the dumb questions

wtf i lost 1billion amrita out of nowhere

>intensity is even stronger now
Oh yes.

>trying to get Ninja Duo crusher
Holy fucking shit this is retarded

I got it first time. Got gud

Okay, I did it three times now and I guess I can say this is confirmed:

If you use living weapon on the new missions, you cannot get the crusher title. I've gibbed the Ninja Duo mission three times now and no Crusher title. Quick Conqueror, yes. Crusher (No damage) is what I'm not getting.

So are the new missions only on the final region of way of the strong? I've got to the 4th region and stopped playing

From region 3 onwards

Two in the Shadows is impossible without some cheesy ass build, either that or the spear is just pathetic

Just use 2kat spin to win and run along the outside when you need to heal

Every hit takes at least 1/5 of my health

i know i wanted to have a honoraburu duel with my two kats but is impossible for me , so i just 1kat parried hazo to dead and then killed his waifu

It's like you're actively punished for not having 200 toughness because even a throwing knife staggers you, then super bitch comes flying up out of nowhere and slaps half of your health away

fuck that one kick from okotsu deals 1.6k and and the cunt will spam that shit forever also hanzo will throw those red spikes all around ,without mention his fucking bombs

DUDE DOUBLE BOSS LMAO

Is fucking Dark Souls 2 all over again.

>Almost beat the ninja duo fight flawlessly
>Okatsu nicks me with her shuriken shotgun
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK YOU WORST GIRL

The season pass is 33% off today only if anyone was on the fence about buying it.

I am not sure yet. I thought the base game was good but not great. It would suck if I buy it and the new levels still look samey and new bosses are just more double bosses.

Okay, I'm convinced the Ninja Duo Crusher title is bugged.

I'm literally not getting it at all.

I think preordering DLC is the fucking stupidest thing imaginable but honestly for around seventeen bucks I think I've had enough fun in the main game to put my money down for the future content. I just thought I'd give everyone a heads up to hopefully save someone some cash.

>DLC comes out
>Enemies are still the same yokais and zombies

This is whats holding me back from buying it.

This is basically my expectation... like, it's gonna be zombies, yokai or more humans.

Man Tea-time entertainment was a disappointment.

tfw when my final blow on sword build does literally half the amount it used to (72k > 36k)

Is carnage even worth it now after the nerf compared to pill?

fuck this i though i would fight danjo

>you can now pause the game

fucking casuals
REEEEEEEEE

doesn't pill was nerfed as well?

new mission are available in both NG and NG+

does bruno mars is gay?

it was, but doesn't have a downside (like carnage does)... idk how they stack up now.

Has anyone gotten a Crusher title for the new missions?

I've gotten a couple Quick Conqueror but no Crusher

I started using sloth but now I feel kind of cheap after using it on a few bosses, is abusing sloth making the game too easy