Going to be doing an auto to manual swap in my 240sx

going to be doing an auto to manual swap in my 240sx
ive looked over many forums for help and i think im ready
any tips?

Don't fuck it up

noted

don't forget to put the screws in

Drop an rb25 while you are there

Are you pulling the engine or just dropping the trans?

You can unbolt the front cross member a little bit to get an extra 1"-1/2 so the trans will clear the firewall. Might just be an s14 thing though.

im just swapping the trans
i plan to get an r32 in a year or so
so i just doing this to keep me happy til then and hopefully increase the value of it

Make sure you have ALL the electronics and wires to avoid codes and what not. It's a lot of work, so make sure you know how to do all of that shit. If not, take it to a shop. People on this shit hole will bully you about it, but it's better to let a professional do it if you don't know exactly what you're doing. Good luck, my ricer friend.

thats the one thing im unsure of
i know how to get the trans in and all that
but i dont know if my car has all the sensor cables needed for the manual
and i dont have a manual ecu

then don't risk it or your gonna have a whole bunch of problems going on. Besides if you're getting a r32 in a year just wait it out instead of doing some stupid project that could leave you without a car

that might be a good idea
just out of curiosity
i bought my car for 3500
and after cleaning it up and doing a manual swap i would expect to sell it for 5000
am i crazy?

Make sure you have the torque converter completely seated or suffer the memesequences.

Learn the fastest way to switch out clutches correctly if you're learning how to drive sticko as well. You'll burn a clutch up fast as fuck if you're noob mode.

>t. the guy that only drives automatics

considering nonop piece of shit 240s sell for 4k, I would not doubt it

nah man you could easily get that because of all the ricers and "drifter" wannabes they eat that shit up, depending on mileage you could probably get 6 maybe even 6500

fug man thats why i wanted to do it
i found a junkyard that will sell me a trans and driveshaft for 350 CAD
mileage is at 240k

I mean just wait until you get the 32 then do the swap and sell it bro ezpz. Although yea with that mileage you'll probably get 5k max

hmmm
should i buy that tranny now for dirt cheap and either swap it when i get the 32 or sell it for like 600

yea just pick it up now since you have no idea if you'll find another that cheap in the future and do what you said either swap or sell on it's own

thats a good plan
i think ill do that
thanks for the life advice senpai

shit now the real question is should i settle for a gtst or save all the way to a gtr

The automatic s13 ECU works with a manual trans, only difference is you wont have a redline. I think that there is only one wire that needs to be spliced in/out. There is literally hundreds of write ups on this swap so check out zilvia, they have step by step picture guides.