Civic Si will be on sale starting tomorrow starting at 24k

Civic Si will be on sale starting tomorrow starting at 24k.

Who will be picking one of these bad boys up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8BAc6MtKci0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>civic
>bad boy

Kek

>paying $24K for a FWD, Civic shitbox

KEK! Honda fags are actually retarded

Id think about if they didn't fuck the sedan and make it butt ugly

>fake
>vents

>1.5l
>Not even VTEC
>The riciest Si yet

>Bad Boy

Oh I'm laffin'

Oh, and let's not forget that the switch from a high revving NA 2.4l to an utterly mediocre 1.5l turbo European shitbox tier engine resulted in ZERO power gain. Still 205 hp and you get a bit more torque to emphesize the fact that it's not designed to be wrung out hard or enjoyed. It's literally just the same 1.5t economy engine as in a regular civic, just tuned up the slightest amount.

I mean that's a really slow car, why bother? Just get a hatchback sport and save yourself 3k.

>starting at 24k
wow that's pretty cheap

lol fuck honda

>a v6

Welcome to the future.

ez fix
just swap them out for chicken mesh

>car is apparently on sale today
>literally no reviews videos on jewtube

>Paying $24k for a 200hp 2900pound pigfat fwd coupe
>Not paying $20k for a 200hp 2700 pound svelte fwd 5door hatch, the Fiesta ST

It's like Honda isn't even trying anymore.

ugly ass wheels

>5door
>not 3 door

dropped.

>svelte
Not quite, but the frontend looks acceptable with the splitter/lip.

wew

>Redline Reviews

Doesn't his faggy little voice annoy you to death?

Soo much plastic

Oh fuck why the hell did they do that? I was expecting a new and improved K20

does it come in automatic? fucking focus and fiest st are both manual only.

They look like shit in real life.

What
The
FUCK

NON-VTEC?
PIGFAT?
AND THEY CALL THIS A FUCKING CIVIC REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'll be at the midnight release.

>does it come in automatic?
>does
>it
>come
>in
>automatic
>?

some people might not be able to drive a manual for other reasons than they don't know how you knuckledragging piece of shit

for instance I fucked up a disc in my back and constantly pushing the clutch in and out shoots pain doen my leg after 5 minutes of driving a stick. So I drive auto now

What a blunder. Why would you have different finishes on black pieces? The mustang refresh did this too.

>you knuckledragging piece of shit
angery
>I fucked up a disc in my back and constantly pushing the clutch in and out shoots pain doen my leg after 5 minutes of driving a stick. So I drive auto now
sorry to hear that. must suck that you can't drive all those cool cars.

nah its not too bad, most of them have autos. The only shitty part is my car doesn't have a DCT so I can't electronically shift

his teeth succking annoys the shit out of me but his reviews and walk arounds are top tier.

Holy fucking shit I was just thinking that the new Civic si might be kinda nice, but then u realized that the Fiesta ST blew it the fuck out already years ago.

To buy a Civic Si next month or to keep saving and buy an M3/Cayman at the end of next year?

faster and cheaper than the BRZ

I'd rather have a 2015 civic Si with the larger engine

It's so bad that people are saying the new Hyundai elantra sport is much better than the SI....you know your car is shit when the gooks do a better job than you.

Yeah but you can't slide around in a Civic.

And not all of us live in areas with crappy straight roads.

>you can't slide
I don't wanna powerslide on a track when I'm trying to get better laptimes

sliding means less power is going to the road making me turn faster

>FWD are only good for straight roads

and wings on FF cars don't work either right?

When was the last time you were on a track?

They might be quick but they're not nearly as fun.

you get these for under $20k right now with hyundai's rebates. i like mine

>When was the last time you were on a track?
when was the last time you ever drifted for real that wasn't some cheesy powerslide?

>they might be quick but muh fun
IMO the civic is more fun because its faster and more agile because of it

>civic sport has 1.5T with 185 horsepower
>civic Si has 1.5T with 205 horsepower

Why even bother? I want to like Honda but they really fail to push the boundaries in any interesting or meaningful way now. It's just easier to make money off crossovers and the average Civic and accord buyer than it is to develop an actual fun car to appeal to enthusiasts. I bet Kia and Hyundai will start to seriously compete with this car soon, and it'll be the japs failing to keep up with the new competition

I don't know why they didn't just use their previous 2.4L engine and throw a turbo in it for even more insane power

So I'm guessing you've never been on a track.

The Si has a limitied slip diff, and Honda is releasing the Type R later this year with 300hp.

>So I'm guessing you've never been on a track.
So I'm guessing you've never drifted

the latter for sure, the end of next year isn't THAT far away. better to save up a little longer and get something that's actually fast. I'd shoot for the Cayman

Not him but he was right, powersliding is inefficient on a track

Manual?

FiST owner here slightly jealous because your interior is no doubt nicer. Modding it though? Are there tunes out already to get more out of the engine?

What the hell are you guys talking about. I'm just saying it would be more fun for me to own a RWD car that I can slide around turns rather than a quick FF car that stays glued to the road.

C'mon you guys, don't be so pedantic.

I'm seriously considering it, I've seen some on autotrader brand new with advertising price of like 17k
>Much better exterior styling
>Great suspension setup
>Sounds way better than a civic
>Already has aftermarket support because veloster engine
>Amazing warranty
What's not to like?

>It would be more fun
maybe thats not the purpose of the car?

>I can slide around turns faster
no you can't sliding reduces efficient of the traction, static friction > kinetic frction

yeah 6MT. not going to mod it. bought it as a DD and want to retain the hyundai warranty. there are tunes available that yield pretty substantial gains, but it's already fast enough for me.

i almost got a FiST. test drove it with the cloth seats, and the recaros. was almost ready to sign. went to the hyundai dealership after reading some early reviews of the elantra sport and watching a few videos. after the test drive on the elantra i knew right away that i liked it more than the FiST.

>I can slide around turns rather than a quick FF car that stays glued to the road.
thats not how physics work faggot

i haven't found much to dislike yet

>slide around turns faster

lol go away

Oh I'm sorry. I forgot about the pushing on turn-in.

>>slide around turns faster
>lol go away
no it doesn't It physically can't. More traction via static friction means more force you can put around a turn which means you turn faster. This is why when cars oversteer in a race they try to stop it because powersliding around a turn loses time

i'm genuinely interested in one
i'd like the sedan but the rear bumper with those fuckhuge grills doesn't look good, the coupe looks miles better
also the wheels hurt my autism, would look better if they made non directional wheels or at least made left and right wheels
but 2800lbs, 200hp, 190lb/ft across 3000rpm, 5 speed and an lsd sounds entertaining

>5 speed
what? its not a 6 speed anymore? wtf honda

no, typo on my part
its a 6 speed

I know a car goes slower when it slides. I know.

And race cars will try to oversteer on corner entry if they need to improve their line.

if it was RWD, I'd have it tomorrow morning.

Then why not just buy a GT86? It's the same thing but minus a turbo.

>3k more
>slower
>crappy tires

Well, it's slower and more expensive because it's FR. But I agree on the tires.

>if it were X I'd buy it
>someone makes X
>I won't buy it because nitpick and nitpick
>why don't car companies care about enthusiansts?

>its a nitpick that its 3 fucking thousand more and performs WORSE

lol. The GT86 is stupid fun.

no no, it's all I like. hatch, looks fucking awesome
but FWD goes really against my philosophy of driving.
just that.

GT86, on the other hand, too underpowred.

>high revving 2.4
you mean like how they went from the actually high revving k20 to the utterly mediocre 2.4l suv tier economy shitbox motor?

Honda and Hyundai are both gook companies

/thread

kill me

Tell us where the big mean Si touched you

>0-60 in probably 6 seconds
>Slow
Ayy lmao

Not worth $24K IMHO. I would say wait for cheaper used, but its an SI - good luck finding an unmodified one.

One is nip, one is gook.

I don't think you realize this but the 9th gen Si had an NA engine and redlined at 7k. This new Si also redlines at 7k.

>2900lbs is pigfat
This needs to stop

>1.5t economy engine as in a regular civic

>tfw my NON-SI 8th gen EX coupe is a 1.8 with a 7k redline
fuck I love this car

there are Jettas that do that, not exactly a speed demon

>t.toyobaru cuck

fuck this when is the type r

Q4 I think?

I thought they said late spring? What the FUCK Honda

At least the civic will still run after the warranty runs out

I can smoke the fuck out of this in my 2000 EK hatch with a couple of simple mods.

Ummm...

Where's the parking brake?

button near the shifter, no more sick ebrake slides

DROPPED.

Worst new meme of the Auto industry

Another casualty to the >current year meme

>for instance I fucked up a disc in my back and constantly pushing the clutch in and out shoots pain

why is it that people with medical problems that complain about how they can't do things because of them are so irritating? It's like, just kill yourself already then

>youtube.com/watch?v=8BAc6MtKci0
>oh noes how can I drive with moderate back pain

>Civic SI
>electric parking brake
What the fuck this isn't a lexus

honestly it looks like it is trying to mimic a br-z

anyone who buys this thing is a bitchass chump

>STILL no jewtube videos of anyone actually driving this thing