/mcg/ Minecraft General

Luxury apartment edition
Previous thread: →

We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uZGFTmK6Yk4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for TFC
youtube.com/watch?v=uZGFTmK6Yk4

I shelved my TFC livestream because I had a pretty annoying bug that I couldn't solve.
Nothing of value was lost.

Why did you not do this earlier you bastard now it will take a while to get posters back.

why didnt you make it urself

Those of us that matter are still here.

im here now
what are you gonna do

Meidos are cunts and forcing me to mobilepost like a faggot because they think I'm using a vpn.
Making threads on mobile while trying to hide the fact that you're mobileposting is heel.

How do I build this in MC

chisels & bits
curved enough if you make it big enough

I've crafted the top part of Altar of Cha'garoth, now we just have to go to the Dreadland Mountain biome.

architecturecraft

okay but when do you fucking fight cthulhu

After finding one, then you go down to Y: 40 and place down the altar.

Then you right click it...

Basically you have to fight through these mobs to get to the boss, which if you have the Dreaded Samurai set, they are pathetic at this point.

Free Anvil, Crafting Table, Furnace, and Crystalizer to take.

And here's Cha'garoth.

And it just whupped my ass. This boss keeps spawning these little shits, preventing you from doing anything w/o taking damage.

>fight
>cthulhu

It's not Cthulhu, it Cha'garoth, the dreadbeast.

>mezz is literally the public face of forge because cpw is too autism and lex is too uncontrolled rage

It was honestly better under the spastic arguing of FlowerChild and Eloram.

Anyway if you bring enough potions, I suppose this fight is possible.

Anyway he drops a bunch of experience, the key to the next dimension (after we transmute it), and a bunch of other shit.

BEHOLD THE LEGENDARY TREASURE OF THE DREADLANDS!

I guess we shouldn't be surprised it is a cube, like everything else.

shove up ass

Oh well, let's transmute this key.

Are there any spigot servers that are not terrible through having microtransactions or shit infinite item shops?

Remember playing on a fun place back in beta that used webauction plugin and had neat features like renting/selling hotel rooms or land to other players.

Alright, let's see what awaits for us in Omothol...

A near drop into the void for one.

Plugins are still vanilla, and no one here cares about vanilla.
Get autism and mods.

there's villages there? what kind of fucked up shit lives in a cosmic horror dimension?

Also this stone has a mining level of 6, so it'll require the Dreadium pick.

We'll soon find out.

What's a good modpack without a technology focus. I played the tekkit packs a long time ago and they felt samey with the solar panel grind.

Any focused on automation through NPC management or exploration I think would be fun. Or just a general point in the right direction for someone wanting to get autism going again.

>Npc management
Doglamoo cities, Millenaire, Minecolonies or even Custom NPCs if you are autistic enough to set it up.
>exploration
Apart from doom or rogue dungeons which only add structures theres techguns for enhanced exploration and combat.

After making some bridges, we finally get to meet the inhabitants of this village.

And yes, you can trade with them too.

>solar panel grind
Aside from being years ago, that's the shitteriest way of powering stuff.
Best modpack is the one you make yourself, look into thaumcraft and it's addons, 1.7.10 obviously.
Ancient warfare allows you to do npc related stuff and things, it's a medieval tech tier tech mod.

Recurrent complex is a custom worldgen mod, you'll have to deck it out with worldgen you've downloaded/made yourself.
There's also rougelike dungeons and a few other mods.

If you're on singleplayer, twilight forest is pretty good, doesn't work on serbs due to killing TPS.

It's got wiggly tentacles for hands.

What am I looking at here? Also they make some sort of eldritch gibberish sounds.

Yup.

Hmm, something tells me I should avoid this structure til later, not that I can mine in it, because all of this stone requires a better pick. For now, I gotta upgrade the Necronomicon.

They also have a blacksmith structure here, but they don't have a chest in them.

Thanks friends. Reading on the wiki about some stuff. Is the FTB vanilla+ really a good base to get mods started. Are there any general "get this mod" mods not listed there?

What's this Lovecraft mod fella you keep posting? I want to add it to autism adventure pack as it looks fun.

innsmouth/10

The first goal in this dimension is still the same, use the staff of rending to gather energy to upgrade your Necronomicon and staff of rending again. Also killing the enemies in the process to get their materials.

I tried to start with Vanilla+ as well but it doesnt introduce you to newer tech or magic mods, its just vanilla plus some decoration or utility mods.

FtB is pretty garbage tier due to configs, mod choice, and bloat, but can be a good place to start.
Launcher wise, you should be using multimc, it can handle ftb instances if you're actually using their shit packs.
Most mods are found on curseforge.
Jap mods and immibus's dimensional anchors (the best chunkloader mod) are the only ones I can think of mentioning.

Also this is what the Dimension looks like w/o Night Vision.

Looks better.

Unfortunately every helmet that AbyssalCraft adds, has night vision on them for whatever reason, and you have to wear the helmet or these mobs will annihilate you. I wish they kept it so that the night vision only works in the Overworld.

The mob you're gonna be needing to fight alot of currently, are these Omothol ghouls, since you need their flesh to craft the Omothol skins for the Necronomicon upgrade. They inflict like a very quick blindness and slow you down a bit. They also have alot of health.

And like zombies, they have a extremely high sight range and will path their way towards you.

You can also find these remnants, wondering around random places. You can still trade with them and aren't hostile until you attack them.

How to nerf TiCon?

Config

I think I fixed the orange brick structure I did originally by building something decent in its place.

One of those Minions of the Gatekeeper dropped an ingot.

Hmm, looks like we can't simply craft the pickaxe using sticks, there's more to this...

Oh...

In order to get the ethaxium bricks needed for the pick, we have to go to The End, and I haven't done so yet.

And end stone can't be crafted by any means in this pack other than be transmutated from Ethaxium, which can't be mined until I get that pick.

I feel you on how much of a pain is to get those pearls, fuck endermen

Anyone associated with the complete trifecta (Curse, FTB, Forge) are part of the cancer.

Interesting weather

As our seasonal clock says, it's late fall/early winter.

Of course the Stronghold has to be in the fucking ocean. Diffidently not a good season for this shit.

Reason being is that during the cold seasons, you will catch hypothermia if you are in the water for not even too long.

The Industrial District is taking shape.
The Sawmill is finished, joining the Iron Factory, the Train Station and the Railyard. Other structures to add are a Telegraph station near the train station, and a gallows near the town hall.

Laying out the Railyard is a bitch.

And the only way you can really combat the cold is with cold resistance potions, but good luck trying to find an icy biome.

I call this one the "I totally didnt copy the design from Noodlor"

That and perhaps this shitty wool armor.

Looks like this wool suit really does help out.

I didn't realize these were the same person.

Found the End Portal, now I just need some more eyes of ender.

Sheeit. I haven't realized that I have been playing this save and this modpack since November 2015.

How about you guys? How long has been your longest play on a single modded world?

What was that old thaumcraft talisman thing that revived you once in hardcore mode if you had it in your hotbar?

Well, that didn't come out like I wanted.

Seeing that getting enderman to spawn is a pain, maybe if I use this bead...

There we go.

Only downside is that I have to wait til the curse wears off before I can return home.

any mods that let you summon storms?
I set up in a snow biome but ever since I got here it hasn't snowed once. I'd actually prefer if it constantly snowed

3/18, double bonus points!

Wastes a bit of mana, but that's fine because it stops itself when there's enough livingwood and livingstone in storage.

Thinking of buying a new laptop. I'm looking at getting something beefy enough to compile large-scale .NET projects so I can replace my work laptop, but also something that would be able to play a large FTB pack without any major hiccups.

Any suggestions on a good product? Not really interested in a GAYMIN laptop

BEEEES produce some stuff that you can feed into a rainmaker, I can't remember if Forestry itself has some sort of rain detector to let you constantly turn it on though.
EnderIO and Draconic Dildolotion also have weather manipulators as far as I remember.

Well I managed to survive the curse, and got more than enough eyes of ender to go to The End.

Just do /weather rain

>able to play ftb without hiccups
you might be better off asking the nsa what they use

>tfw found out I'm not in a snow biome even though there was snow on the ground
epic, is there any way to force it to snow?

There, somewhat better.

>snow on ground but not snow biome
desu this was the wierdest and worst change they did, i dont understand it at all

i hate how arrows use flint I never come across it

>quark makes guardians spawn in open ocean by default
what the fuck was vazkii thinking