A thread to discuss about Econo-Pocket-Rockets

A thread to discuss about Econo-Pocket-Rockets.

>What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No; with the launch of the Fiesta and Focus ST in the US, it seems like the Hot Hatch is beginning to take off on the other side of the Atlantic, but Europoors definitely have more choice.

>Is the Fiesta ST actually good?
The Fiesta ST is one of the best small hot hatches on offer at the minute; so yeah they're pretty good.

Last Thread - >>????????

Current Hot Hatch Star of the Week - 20181.5l 3-cylinder Fiesta ST

Other urls found in this thread:

deadhookmotorsports.com/Fiesta-ST/Fiesta-ST-Turbo-Upgrade/Dead-Hook-Motorsports-GTX450r-Turbo-Kit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Let us hon this shit up.

>tldr
Don't ever say "hot hatch" you fags

It's growing on me.

It's still gonna have to be properly good for me to trade my current ST for it.

There's literally just one hot hatch and that is Golf R. Everything else is only slightly tepid.

>tfw want a small sporty 4-seater but not 18 anymore
>tfw have to save for a separate fun coupe instead

Is the new fiesta st gonna be coming to the US?

Did it sell well over there?

Chances are it will.

>not calling /hhg/, /hhg/

Still the only Renault worth buying to this very day.

Anyone buying a Renault that's not a Twingo is a fool and cuck.

hope the coupe comes to USA

The 182 rear is thicc

>he says in a hot hatch thread

>tfw no more old school small, naturally aspirated hot hatches

>1.5L 3cyl

I drink more milk than this engine can handle. Pathetic desu. The only hot hatches worth talking about are the E63 AMG Estate and the CLS63 AMG Shooting Brake. In the pleb world, the GTI, or the Focus RS are the other two.

>tfw was going to buy a focus st but don't want to learn to use manual

>drivers car
>can't turn torque vectoring off

why is the fiesta st marketed as a drivers car?

Clearly you've never driven a FiST.

Enjoy your French shitty ecobox faggot.

Explain why torque vectoring is a bad thing.

but i have driven one

it's not bad. it's bad that it can't be turned off in something that is supposed to be a fun little hatch

Do you enjoy understeer

i enjoy being responsible for what the car does. if i wanted to go as fast as possible, i wouldn't buy a FWD car

Just bought an 08 Golf GTI. I love it so much, but I haven't driven it much yet. Needs a couple of fixes and touch ups but nothing wrong with how it drives.

Mines not a hatch but it fits the bill of econo pocket rocket. Its great on gas and is pretty fast. The LSD is great too, I can comfortable launch without wheelspin. Also its roomy as fuck with a massive trunk space

You're complaining just to fucking complain, aren't you?

6spd?

Yep.

2014 FiST reporting, tis indeed a wonderful hot hatch, although I'm not sold on the new one plus I wouldn't be able to transfer over my aftermarket parts to the new one so that's a negative too

I remember you.

Hey user. I'm around a lot.

Yeah I ended up buying it. Only thing I hate about it is the VW emblems are black matte emblems. That's not standard, some previous owner must have thought that looked better. Disgusting. As soon as I get replacements I'll take some better pictures.

I wouldn't mind it myself if he actually bought and replaced them with true black emblems not some matte plasti-dip bullshit that every dumb nigger does to their car these days.

They look straight up spraypainted. Hell they might BE spraypainted stock emblems. The black paint is chipping anyway. Probably going to buy a whole new grill and hatch handle. About $150 total though from ebay...

Needa get new wheels too. Those ones you got are disgusting.

I like them but they're scuffed to shit. May just have to live with them for a while. Kinda pricey to get new ones.

Which parts?

Kill yourself already you fucking autist.

>woooooow i cant turn the power steering or the ABS off? what do you mean i cant bypass the stop start button and crank the engine by hand?? you call this a drivers car and i dont even have to shovel coal into a furnace???

I think you'd be better off walking, that way you can be 100% responsible for how you move around.
But be sure to pave your own road using your own materials and walk on it barefoot or you're diluting the experience.

Complaining about the torque vectoring is like complaining that the car has wheels. It would just flat out be worse and less fun without it.
Torque vectoring isn't traction control, you do know that right? It doesn't limit engine output. It doesn't make the car less fun.

one of me m8´s had one, mapped to 300ish bhp, quite a fun ride.

Heres muh Hot hatch, Opel OPC

Nice. Petrol or diesel?

Hatch in a hatch

Petrol, OPC ver only came in Petrol.

Vauxhall did diesel versions of the GTC Astra. I almost bought one desu.

The GTC sure.

But the OPC/VXR is petrol only IIRC.

so far not much just, FSWERKS short shifter, Cobb RMM, Cobb high flow filter, and boomba bov adapter. But I plan on getting a few more parts to throw on here soon

a CUTE

Yes but not as 3door

>be me
>buy new Fiesta ST
>love it
>smile every time I see it on my drive and when I get in it
>mum has Mk1 Astra VXR
>get my car chipped to 228hp
>can finally outpace VXR
>mum buys pic related

J U S T

T H I C C

Two niggers on the right

For my money, the Mcveloster with turbo is the beat hothatch. Wa-la

Yep, she got you good.

A E S T H E T I C

but renault had the gurngignringburgin record with the megan rs :(

e63 ? are you retarded thats not a hatch neither is the CLS only a class are

Kek

I have no idea why ford is treating the RS like some sort of super special limited car when it is basically a slightly better subaru sti. If they had more availible on lots at the base price of 36000, they would sell tons of them.

I'm waiting for more information on the 2018 ST. I've always liked the exhaust note of three cylinders, and this one should be no exception.

Aesthetic for who, that thing is disgusting

>380hp

Got you covered senpai

deadhookmotorsports.com/Fiesta-ST/Fiesta-ST-Turbo-Upgrade/Dead-Hook-Motorsports-GTX450r-Turbo-Kit

Well they said it was limited production, but still, the price point of the RS really fucking irritates me because you can get a mustang GT for less than the RS's they have on the lot.

It is a dad mobile.

I mean i guess.
The price makes a bit more sense then.
Still bothers me because it's a fine machine, but not 45k fine.

It's pretty fun.

whom*

>meanwhile in Germany
>flat 20% off MSRP before you even start haggling

Not a hot hatch though.

Next month I'm going to buy a 2013 focus st, gti or civic si. Anything else to look at?

vape tax

It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.

I just don't like this Civic. It's too busy. Too much stuff. The old EP3 looks like a minivan but I'd rather have one of those than one of these.

Yea I can see that but if I can get to a position to justify a new car purchase I'd kinda like something a tad-gawdy but I care more about the performance/price ratio. I'd probably look back at it in a few years thinking differently. I really don't like this whole fake vent thing newer cars have going on though.

The PTGT is a too-often forgotten hot-hatch. With a decent tune, they can put about 275hp to the front wheels. They handle pretty decently and have an absolutely stupid amount of space inside.

I like mine. My current PTGT shitbox has the GT engine, 5-speed manual tranny, and GT suspension, but base-model wheels and front bumper.

What is wrong with you

oh, bless...

Had my m8s twingo 133 out for a spin today
absolute mad wee thing, i fucking loved it. At least as good as the fiat 500 abarth imo.
surprised you don't see more of them on the road, considering how cheap they are.

Can you turn off traction control and drift it?

Who else autox's and uses the same tires for street?

Currently on some Potezna RE760 sports, but about to go to Indy 500's for that budget grip and daily choice.

I have about 18-20kish miles on them right now. I rotated a few times. Still ended up burning through more tread on 2 of them which are on the rear now. Pretty close to 4-5/32 i think. Ones on the front are a bit better.
Did one track day in Austin too and a lot of people had problems with their FR tire burning up quicker. Didn't seem like much added wear for me, but then again I'm not on 200tw

yes and yes
if by drift you mean three wheeled screeching oversteer

Not a hot hatch, more like hot garbage

>"not a hot hatch"
>definition of a hot hatch is a sports/performance edition of a hatchback vehicle.

>is a performance derivative of a hatchback vehicle
>???????????

Different user but the Veloster is a weird beast. Part hatchback, part sports coupe, with 2 doors on one side. And a lot of people don't think it drives as well as other options. I'd call it a hot hatchback but it's a unique example. Not particularly hot and not a typical hatchback. I wouldn't buy one but some people like them and I can see the appeal in a weird way.

>Is a hatch
>Is not that hot

Simple, really.

might as well have steering assist

torque vectoring reliant babbies detected

bump to save /hhg/

Nice save! We just need to add the hhg title next time.

It's such a nice little general, I want to see it catch on again.

Needs more fast Fords

>interior timing belt

In your opinion, user. Clearly people like it, otherwise it wouldn't sell at all. :^)

I didn't say that people weren't buying it, user.

I'm a college student, and I'm looking into buying my first car. I've thought about getting into car stuff, but I feel like I'd be doing the equivalent of buying a $1500 laptop to do Excel spreadsheets if I go for a hot hatch. Is a basic hatchback something I could start out with, or would it just not work out? Also, what exactly are the big differences between hatchbacks and subcompact crossovers? They just seem like hatchbacks with higher ride heights, but I see crossovers get shit on a lot on Veeky Forums.

For your first car, buy something cheap and cheerful. Learn to look after it, maintain it properly, count the costs of owning a car and basically get used to the feel of owning a car.

Is that on the 1.5L too? I know it's on the 1.0L but I haven't seen any info on the new 3-cylinder 1.5L

yes, same as the 1.0l.

they are just fun. if it's your first car or your first time on the road, buy a rice box instead.

Bloody hell, as if you have the /hhg/ copypasta still. Throwback to the end of 2015 when I started these threads before I wrote this cutie off.

>tfw no hot version of the Fit
It deserves it more than the pile of hot garbage the new """""civic""""" is. Would be closer to the EK9 chassis anyway since they're about the same size.