What are some ways to get rid of cabin drone? I have a muffler, resonator and precat in my headers

What are some ways to get rid of cabin drone? I have a muffler, resonator and precat in my headers.

Going from H to X pipe made mine manageable.

>resonator
>muffler
>precats
>still has drone
What RPM are you cruising at?

Oh the thing is i bought a new muffler and i get drone at around 2-3k rpm. Would adding a second resonator help you think?

Huh. This doesn't make sense.

>makes the outside of the car louder
>doesn't expect the inside of the car to get louder

I bought a new muffler and now i have a lot of cabin drone. How can i fix it without replacing the muffler?

strip out your interior and put dynamat everywhere

>drone
who gives a fuck. put music on.

Just straight piped my 2.0TFSI and while it sounds orgasmic, the cabin drone from 2K-3K RPM is getting to me, but it's the price you pay for being cool.

0/10

My question was would adding a second, possibly larger resonator help at all with that?

Just keep welding mufflers into the line, my guy.

Get a better exhaust system

I just don't get people like you...I have lt headers, o/r x pipe and no mufflers on my mustang. Still isn't loud enough to really bother me. Then again, I don't get on the interstate with it so I'm never cruising at more than 45-50mph

I have a girlfriend whom I like to talk to while i drive.

This. I have a muffler and resonator delete and still don't hear the drone if I turn the music up loud enough (music doesn't even have to be up that high).

You got me there, girls hate riding in my car for any extended amount of time, but I'm a fucking loaner so it's not like anyone else is in my car 99% of the time.

>own a straight piped duramax
I love the sound, it keeps my gf quiet because she doesn't wanna talk over it. Can listen to music but not too loud or can just listen to the motor. All situations are a win. Get a vehicle that actually sounds good and you can stand listening to all the time.

Put drone metal on

>Duramax
Head the opportunity to rebuild one of these. Miserable crankshafts. What year is yours?

Any suggestions then? My last resort would be getting a new muffler because of $$$.

and this

Should I apply it strategically? Or just all over

Add a bigger resonator or coat your cat in Dynamat

You mean the Dynamat? Cover your entire floor with it, and the firewall too if you wanna get crazy, then since you got that far you may as well take off your doorskins and cover those too.