Now that the yadda yadda yadda, what is Veeky Forums's opinion on the 124 Fiata?

Now that the yadda yadda yadda, what is Veeky Forums's opinion on the 124 Fiata?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WpvTawfrbbk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

On par with the Miata, though I prefer the Fiat's looks. Can't say anything about the Abarth version.

It's an ND with a better suspension tune stock, and a tarbo motor with lots of existing aftermarket. It's pretty awesome.

The Fiat looks so fucking generic. The Miata is so recognizable.

Looks better than the Miata, worse engine, no 50/50 weight distribution, Abarth is too expensive

Still thinking about getting one of these. Strange thing Ive not seen an Abarth version with the black hood.

Looks like a Mustang mini roadster.

>worse engine
Wot

Smaller displacement, SoHC

What part of turbo do you not understand?

Has to turbo just to match the Miata numbers. You can turbo a Miata.

>The Miata is so recognizable
Yeah, maybe the older models, but the newest design looks like generic Japanese convertible #425.

It's a turbo on a very conservative factory tune with a crap factory exhaust and whatnot. And the ECU has already been cracked because it's the 500 Abarth motor. Adding power will be as easy as an exhaust and a tune to up the boost. Maybe a larger intercooler as well. Whereas you have to go through the whole shebang to turbo the miata and it's already running 14:1 compression.

No way, I can spot the ND for miles away

They look cool as fuck.

SOHC is a bit of an understatement. The intake valves actually use something similar to freevalve.

>Muh potential

Has nothing on the ND.

wary of the hydraulic roof but it looks brettygud

I dont know any other Japanese convertible that are currently in production.
Kei-cars dont count.

>hydraulic
electric

i prefer everything about the ND except ease/cost of tuning. you can still get 200hp na out of one though.

i prefer the colored trim on the rf instead of black

>high strung 1.6l running 22psi stock
everythings fine here
just dandy

Fucking hell you're right. I take back what I said, how the hell do they need that much boost to make 160 hp?

There are 424 other Japanese convertibles?

>pressure equals boost

stay in school kids

>adding a turbo to a NA skyactiv

Sounds like you want it to explode

stock it's not much to pay attention to, the powerband is kind of shit as well

it's going to get really good once good tunes and turbo swaps begin to appear, that engine can make 230whp on stock internals in the 500 abarth

i don't think the fiat looks great, but the miata looks like every other modern car with le angry headlights

it's been done. orange virus tuning is at the forefront of skyactiv turbos
youtube.com/watch?v=WpvTawfrbbk

I'm so tired of people saying the new miata has angry headlights. They don't look angry to me at all, especially with the open mouth grill, it just makes the car look excited/happy but in a less gay way than the NC looked.

They're too chinky, ugly, and smol.

Well it is very Japanese looking to me, so I can see that, but ugly is subjective. Personally think they nailed it for making it look good without being too aggressive like modern toyota/lexus cars are.

>>leaving a Miata suspension stock

Well, you have less to do if the suspension is better stock.

It's a miata that doesn't look like a clown car

Nice vehicle.

370Z roadster