[ d e e b e e t e e ] - /dbt/

Do you remember what YOUR MSF course was like?

A bunch of autists are sitting at a bar...
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSek8S2Lh2X1APHW63s51djyItfBVouz2nM1J_aeV5f44CnRkg/viewform?usp=sf_link
^Please sign up if you're planning on attending!^

>Motorcycle Fashion
>Motorcycle jackets & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & blazers
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Percussive Fondling
>Motorcycle Bling Rating
>Motorcycle Grindr
>Motorcycle Leather Fetish
>Motorcycle Chicken Strip Conditioner
>Motorcycle Pictures & Webms

/dbt/ meet and compare outfits:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:

shitty webms with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/:
→→#→##→→#→

Other urls found in this thread:

worcester.craigslist.org/mcy/6076607531.html
youtube.com/watch?v=XK3Ol0Zzz60
washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/6098849696.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for honda a good, but not necessarily the best

but still the best

flexibiIity in the frame gives feedback and compliance to the rider. Super stiff frames feel and handle terrible. Just look at Ducati's first attempts at carbon fiber motoGP bikes.

That's a funny way of spelling Yamaha.

yeah, it was in february
>still nobike

that's a cute cat

daily reminder no one likes bikers and your neighbors hate you and think you are making up for something below the waist, Which you are

daily reminder that bikers have enough confidence to not care what beta numale cucks think about them or what they have going on below the waist.

>wipe dirt off tire
>can't tell where chicken strips begin other than nubs on the edge of the tire
Not sure if smaller than expected or actually massive

>his neighbours don't all ride bikes
my neighbours all have both road and dirt bikes and we all ride them in the bush out the back of our properties together.

but user
my 50-something neighbor and his wife both have sofftails and go for long rides every saturday like clockwork

My MSF course had a cop looking to be a motorcycle cop, a chick who made it through two sections before panicking and quitting, anf an old dude with a bum hip who dropped his bike a few times.

One of my buddies offed himself, so the night before my MSF course my friends and I went out to the lake and got p drunk, had a bon fire and got visted by the police.

I waited hours trying to sober up, then I drove an hour home at 3 AM, then 3 more hours to where my MSF course was held.

It was the middle of August, the course was held at a small airfield, and I was hung over as fuck. The first day was miserable.

Blogpost complete.

daily reminder that im saving thousands in toll fees every month

we live in a world where owning a car is looked down upon, the people in charge are not aware that motorcycles exists so all the laws being created to inconvenience drivers have yet to target us.

I was sent at from first MSF because could not ride.
Absolutely could not ride even bicycle.

>One of my buddies offed himself
You should follow his lead.

had my first motorcycle training at the honda safety driving center learning to ride on a honda tmx150

only learned that its important to hold my helmet under the arm, like the stig. which dosent make sense to me cuz he never takes off his helmet. But at least I don't carry my helmet around from the chin strap.

>Do you remember what YOUR MSF course was like?
yeah, riding around a football field sized parking lot on honda 250's with a dozen other people from literally every demographic, it seamed like some sort of anime
>old cruiser fart who smoked a pack on break
>young asian dude who drove a lancer evo
>middle aged blond lady who failed her test the first time
>a couple young guys fresh out of highschool like I was at the time
>a bunch of not quite young guys who roped their girlfriends into coming
>and a lesbian who hit on all the guys girlfriends

>it seamed like some sort of anime

in the sense that it was fairly surreal and slightly unbelievable at times

riding around on klx250's for a few hours, was actually pretty fun the instructor was a cool guy and let everyone ride the bikes as fast as they could handle riding them while we were practicing for the test.

I took the beginner and the intermediate. (Fuck you, they were free.). Completely different staff, but the same archetypes:
>hi-viz cuck
>cool harley guy
>token minority

I think I was the only white guy at the basic; there was a dot Indian who had learned in India and then a bunch of hood niggas with Harleys. Also a mousy Asian philosophy major, who turned up for the practical in Chuck Taylors and got kicked out.

Good story, srs. Would make a good longer essay if you felt like fleshing it out. Sorry about your friend.

TECHNICALLY I have to pay just as much as the cars on the Bay Bridge

Course, they can't mail you a ticket if you don't have plates on...

so I'm the guy looking to buy the cb500f from a dealer.

If the sticker price is $4599, and the salesdude quoted me $5400 something out the door, is it reasonable to pitch $4900/$4800 out the door?

why a cb500f?
don't they make the 650's in your country?

How about you not buy a shit tier motorcycle instead?

Eh, what can you do.

Some people just become an hero without warning.

Lol, no. Trust me I'd absolutely be getting the 650F if I could.

CB500f because it fits my use case and I like how it looks the most from bikes in my price range, and it's cheap and since it's been sitting in the dealer's room for 2 years I'm hoping I can get a good deal on it.

That's why I'm asking if my offer is going to be reasonable.

I don't know where you live so I cant quote you a number, but look up your states/localities taxes and registration/title fees and then add that to the price

Stop trying to rationalize you're shit choice in motorcycles.

Go buy a used SV650 for half the price.

>I'm hoping I can get a good deal on it.
good luck getting a good deal at a dealership

there is a reason they're refereed to as stealerships

Absolutely

It's reasonable to pitch $3,000 on a much better used bike. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? $5k for a shitty honda p-twin?

Speaking of oil, what do you guys like to use? Of course the manufacturer's recommended weight, but what oil? How about filter?

yamalube. It's what plants crave

Florida.
>Base: $4599
>FL Sales Tax 6%: $275.94
>New Title Fee: $77.35
>New Registration Fee: $10

my calculations show $4962.29

¯\_(少)_/¯

Purolator PureOne filter (the yellow, textured bitches) and whatever decent oil I can find for a reasonable price. Generally runs me about $25-30 for a 5qt+filter.

I've run Rotella before, got some cheap Pennzoil ($10 for a 5qt on sale) for my upcoming service, considering Rotella again or Castrol for the one after that.

Bro, seriously unfuck yourself dude. You're making a horrible mistake. You're going to spend way more than you have to, to buy a bike that's not very good nor desirable.

What reasons could you possible have that make you want that bike?

Leave him alone. He has his own tastes, let them be

I don't care about speed, I don't really want a sportbike, I don't see it as an investment, while not the most attractive it's the best looking bike I can afford new, I don't want another used bike right now, it's good enough for me.

Sure I could link my craigslist and you guys could show me a bunch of bikes that are better (and I'd agree they're better too) but it doesn't really matter in the end if they're not the bike I want.

thank you

What did you do today bike related repost.

last oil change i used pic

learn to want things we want, fag

ate a bunch of chili samples at my dead end grocery store job
put a bunch of tobasco in it too
I think I channeled hell through my anus about 15 minutes ago

asked how to negotiate a lower price on a new bike on /dbt/ and got yelled at for having shit taste instead of having my question answered for the umpteenth time

getting ready to go to the gym

Taught my wife to ride, which has never even sat on a motorcycle. Just taught her clutch control and let her stay in 1st and ride around an empty parking lot. She wants one now and to take the msf course. Pretty good day. Except my gf got mad I let my wife ride my bike

dropped my bike off at the dealer for warranty work

Oem oil and filter for my Indian, but Polaris is gay and uses weird 15w60 oil.

I use oem filters and rotella t6 in the gfs ninja 250.

I went ahead and installed a projector HID into my naked, spent most of the time trying to figure out a place for the wiring (CCFL-inverter, HID-ballast, relay harness). I think it looks breddy good but fair warning to anyone wanting to do this with those standard halogen housings (iirc 200wide160deep); don't, unless you have tools, materials and too much time, it's way too much work to make it nice and fit.

Validate my handicraft?

That's what I have to change oil on, my scout sixty. So I'm best off just paying the $80 for their kit

Woooow that looks really fucking good man. How well does it light up your path?

looks terrifying, great job

>see this xr80 on cycle trader for $600

>talked guy down to $500

first bike, how fucked am i?

maybe you should stop asking the same stupid question in every thread

You won't go faster than 50mph and it's not street legal

Do the ripples on the lens fuck up the beam pattern at all? How is the light output with just 1 projector?
I've been considering doing the same thing on my dual sport.

Also what projector did you use? There's a Nilight kit on Amazon for like $30 that has really good reviews.

I feel like an idiot. I took the shitty stock Honda grip guards off today as I am ordering barkbusters and the one is barely hanging on since the first drop. I also wanted to see if I could bend the brake lever a tad (I know it wasn't a good idea) the fucking bolt that holds the lever in is a joke. It snapped while coming out.

So now I need to find a Honda OEM bolt and a new brake lever. I'd love to get foldable brake and clutch lever but I can't find any stateside to save my life. They are all in euroland. I'm wondering if foldable levers are not DOT approved or something.

Fuck me and trying to get Honda OEM parts outside of buying some questionable shit off of eBay.

>50mph
kek maybe 35

ur already ded

Also is that a big fuckign cloud of smoke coming out the back?

post pic of the master cylinder. There's a good chance the brake lever is interchangable with a fuckton of other bikes

maybe people should start answering my questions so I won't have to

Whatever is on sale at walmart

order off rockymountain oem section or see if they have aftermarket and youll have them by tues or wed if you order this weekend

I'll head into the garage in a few. I am sure it is. Thing looks pretty standard.

Anyone running barkbusters? Looking at the pictures it looks like the mounting point has nothing to do with the brake and clutch like the stock guards were affixed to a plastic bracket. It's really a stupid fucking design and I am disappointed with Honda on that one. All show, no substance.

I need to get a bolt for the clutch side as well as it is the same shitty bolt as the brake side and it has an exposed portion top and bottom to fit the Honda plastic bracket which I won't have anymore with the barkbusters.

Thanks. Better than a '66 mustang, but that's not saying much, is it? Went for a night ride and certainly much better visual clarity than with the standard halogens (sorry no comparison photo of before/after). High beam is controlled with a solenoid in the projector, works well and gives instant lighting.

Not really in practice, I could notice some reflections on the garage wall as I test-fitted the glass lens of the housing, but nothing serious that would disrupt the cutoff.

I just bought a 60€ kit off ebay, some chinese manufactured kit, but has better ballast than what I've seen come from china.

They make smaller versions of these with no halos, which might be a better fit for nakeds.

Worked and made a few bucks. Life is ok

Doesn't seem they have levers or the bolts. I looked under AT as well as universal.

Ah, the Nilight kit I was looking at was just for a pair of projectors with no bulbs or ballasts.

So what did it take to actually get in there? I guess you just somehow pull off the lens, clamp the projector on the normal bulb socket, then glue the lens back on?

which bolt, the one it pivots on? #23 in the diagram
and you may as well get some chinesium levers for now if you cant get anything else

motul full synthetic a best

Is there anything more pathetic than this?

worcester.craigslist.org/mcy/6076607531.html

He fell for every meme from start to finish

>buys overpriced low displacement meme bike brand new
>bored with it 800 miles later
>surrenders himself instantly to a $1k loss
>doesn't yet know that the bike is worth $3500 tops
>actually take pics of it after being washed like he is part of the #bikelife or something with that rc toy piece of shit bike

Kek

nope, it def goes faster than 35. max is 50
yes. the guy said the valves need to be replaced eventually and it smokes at high rpms

youtube.com/watch?v=XK3Ol0Zzz60
my bad 43mph

What the fuck kind of Nazi state do you live in that you are making sure you have DOT brake levers, what the actual fuck man.

Actually
>disassemble housing as much as possible
>separate adhesive from glass lens and sheet metal housing with a hot-air gun and cardboard box
>cut out the sheet metal housing to fit the diameter of the rear of the projector housing
>clean and paint old faded sheet metal reflector housing semi-matte black
>drill 20mm hole into rear of the plastic housing for the projector rear mounting bolt and wires
>run wiring ready, mount ballast under the tank onto the frame with VHB
>mount CCFL inverter into spare horn mounting plate under the headlight (that's gonna break when the first rain falls...)
>run ccfl+solenoid wires of the projector through the parking lamp hole in the metal housing
>drill hole for aforementioned wires into bottom of plastic housing
>rearrange wiring to make space for rear of projector
>install projector, test out everything and level the beam cutoff
>bolt everything down
>apply black car body sealant as adhesive for the glass of the housing
>with soapy fingers, form the sealant and apply glass housing, making sure contact areas are clean
>press metal sides closer to glass edge
>form and remove excess sealant with soapy finger
>apply tape to make sure glass won't move
>pray everything still works and that it looks as good in sunlight
>notice it's 3:20am and you haven't eaten in 14 hours

I'll never forget my msf course.
>do everything perfectly until emergency stop
>dropped bike because I turned the wheel all the way by accident after stopping
At least I wasn't that girl that dropped the bike 8 times and crashed into 3 people.
>I was one of the people she crashed into

Nothing about state or inspection (we don't have that) it's just that ruggedroad, touratech and a few others have their AT foldable levers for sale in Europe but not in USA.

>Has no idea of dudes situation
>Probably went on speed run and got a ticket, can't afford insurance anymore
>$3500 LOL

Shitty ass bolt/pivot pin. I've never seen something so pathetic. Rather disappointing.

I am used to hydraulic brakes and clutches, brembo and magura.

Order some knock off Pazzo levers, I paid $30 CAD for a pair.

take a pic with the actual HID running instead of just the halos

It will over-expose always, but here. There's a pic up there with how it looks from behind the handlebars.

Cutoff here

They don't have the AT. I'd have to figure out what model corresponds to the AT as I am sure it's something Honda picked off the shelf. I can't imagine they created it just for this bike.

All I want to do is fucking ride.

Strap my school pack on, grab and sandwich from mom, put my cyclegear store brand jacket on and go ride. So I can take selfies for dbt.

Mine was a class of 4 people, including myself
All active or prior military.
Chill as fuck.
No one failed.
Used it as an excuse to sham out of work.

Instructor was cool too.

Mine had 12 people, most of which were commercial drivers that wanted to add M1 to their license to get around retesting. But there was one kid who showed up with his own helmet, and brand new matching jacket and everything. Kid had never touched a bike in his life and one of the instructors wound up asking him to leave on the second day because he was so bad he was obstructing everyone else's practice of the exercises.

I'm making webbums

How does dbt listen to music while riding? Everytime I try the wind rips the earbud out of my ear. Do I need a jacket with a collar or hwat?

dbt is full of autists that wear ear plugs while riding.

Breh best bet is a full face with a sena. I got mine for $100. I talk on the phone and nobody can even tell I'm on my motorcycle. And music sounds awesome on it

I wear earplugs and listen to music through my Sena at the same time.
git gud

I know nothing about engines but I like to speculate so hear me out. My bike has less compression in one cylinder (not sure by how much but it's fairly significant). There's also a "sound" that's not supposed to be there, that's what the mechanic told me personally I can't identify it. Could the low compression be caused by a broken piston ring and the sound caused by the piece rattling inside the engine?

>bicycle to class on my 80s steel tube Miata
>last one there, other 5 students looking at me as i click in on my bike cleats & holding my helmet
>they'd just finished all introducing themselves & explaining why they want to take the course

>myself, white guy, 20s, point at my bicycle gear and say i want to take the course so i can go places faster
>white girl semi truck driver, 20s aggravated by 68mph truck governer (wanted GSXR600 to blow off steam)
>asian basic bitch, 20s, said her extended family was essentially an asian motorcycle gang but they wouldn't teach her because she was a girl (also wanted "a Gixxer, bro")
>middle aged asian guy who tracked cars and was getting legal after riding for years
>white guy, HS sophomore who wanted to ride to school or something
>mexican girl, 20s, asked for and received a CBR500 from her boyfriend for valentine's (first she wanted a sporty manual car, but he pointed out she already had a car)

the asian girl was the only one who'd never driven stick; she dropped the clutch while standing and almost launched the bike into a fence. think it scared her pretty bad, she didn't come back the second day.

the sophomore guy dropped his bike a couple of times in the figure 8, only time anyone went down. Nailed it eventually.

I tied with the asian man for highest score overall, feels good.

trucker girl did well, also she braided everyone's long hair to keep it out of the way, pic related (need to learn that asap)

mexican girl was my partner for pair stuff and gave me rides between the classroom and the range and for lunch etc, so i talked to her most. she was pretty baller, immigrated at like 16 by herself, had some cool stories. She was tiny though and not very confident, usually went too slow. Juuuust failed, prob because of that. They said they'd let her retake, no cost. She was crying... trucker girl and i gave her hugs. All exchanged numbers to meet up and ride when we got bikes.

no bike yet; no meetup yet.

bluetooth speaker system on/in my helmet. Yes I can still hear the speakers even though I wear ear plugs.

What Sena do you guys use?

Baird, can I borrow your bike for a week or two at the end of the year if my 70 weeks of training gets pushed back to January?

-nuda user

on a scale of 1-10 how bad is it to get this as a first bike?

i just took my MSF last week
washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/6098849696.html

I have the smh5, haven't had any problems with it. I've charged the battery once and have used it every day for the last 4 weeks

>washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/6098849696.html
It's right in the ad m8
>his is an EXCELLENT first bike for a new rider. Light, tame and tons of fun