/pg/ - Persona General

Suck a mah toe edition

Previous Thread: NEWS
>Free 20th anniversary PS3/PS4 theme plus PS4 avatars: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-theme-p5-costume-dlc-released-free/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5's English Cast is shit: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb
>Picture of Yuki
i.imgur.com/wxFrIqP.png
>Picture of Floral Pants Man (and his sidekick)
i.imgur.com/cKTK7sI.png

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/randomfox/status/845414021327044610
youtube.com/watch?v=sVtGwPFEikU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anal with Makoto!

Is she... /ourgirl/?

Ryuji is a _______

I'M LETTING LOOSE

God fuck this

>him
Women ruined it. Just like men ruined the P3 and P4 localization.

d-bag

you can't convince people to leave the cave of shadows, they have to leave on their own.

we can only hope they see the light of our weaboo way, in time, when they are ready.

So, are they basically just trying really hard to make Ryuji in to Junpei: 2017 edition?

But /ourguy/ Vic Mignogna was the best part about the P3 dub.

this will be a THREADLY REMINDER from now on

twitter.com/randomfox/status/845414021327044610

Only because he's Christian and still has amoral compass unlike most people in North America

>Anne is sweaty!
>Anne is buxom!
>Anne is beautiful!
>Anne is wet!
>Anne is cute!
>Anne is flexible!
>Anne is an angel!
>Anne is lewd!
>Anne is sad!
>Anne is silly!
>Anne is for kisses!
>Anne is stylish!
>Anne is for sexual!
>Anne is awesome!
>Anne is sultry!
>Anne is pure!
>Anne is amused!
>Anne is quality!
>Anne is Lovers!
>Anne is canon!
>Anne is an apricot!
>Anne is an actress!
>Anne is a model!
>Anne is Santa Claus!
>Anne is Anne, not Ann!
>Anne is best girl!

>She literally fucked up and said "Mah" instead of "Moh".
>You can literally hear where she fucked up in that comparison.
>"No they told me to do it like that."

It's likely they actually were told to fuck up. What are the odds that no one would know how to pronounce it correctly?

Fuck John Hardin, fuck Erika Harlacher, fuck Atlus USA as a localizer, translator and as a motherfucking company! And if you want to be down with Atlus USA, then fuck you too!

All of y'all motherfuckers, fuck you; die slow, motherfucker. My .44 make sure all y'all kids don't grow!

she tried to justify mispronouncing it in english it too wouldn't be too surprised if she's bullshitting the "we were told to pronounce it like that!" part

>What are the odds that no one would know how to pronounce it correctly?
The fact that most Persona fans aren't weebs, or EOP. They will eat up anything. See P4.

>wouldn't be too surprised if she's bullshitting the "we were told to pronounce it like that!" part
Given that literally everyone says it the same way, I doubt she's making that up. The part I take issue with is the claim that it was "the JP team" that told them to pronounce it that way, that's total bullshit - it was definitely the English voice director.

Maybe, but if so it means the voice director never told them otherwise. At the end of the day the buck stops with the voice director - it's their job to teach the actors how to pronounce names. It isn't the actor's job to come into the job knowing how Japanese pronunciation works.

>american words

Is this bitch retarded? Where do they find these people?

desu I'm only interested in seeing how the others ended up being dubbed. Futaba was the one bothering me the most in the prologue

>implying everyone here won't buy the game and probably all DLC to fully support practices like this shit

>tfw not a deaf retard
>tfw you can hear a Jap pronounce a word and know how to pronounce it afterwards because you're not a fucking moron.
This is my super power.

>It isn't the actor's job to come into the job knowing how Japanese pronunciation works.
Like how it's spelt?
Does she pronounce "Tokyo" like "Twokuhyo"?

oh the voice director's definitely at fault too

that's been obvious for a while though

that's possible too

i'm not buying that any of the jp staff told them to intentionally fuck up names, the fact she's justifying it with basically "foreign names sound odd when used in a different language, gotta change the pronounciation!" just makes it seem even more fishy

>Sup dude gets a pass because everyone was 8yo back then
>Whaddup is a sin

You are poor attempts of human beings

Morgana and Futaba are the worst of the lot by quite a margin - both of them having top tier Japanese voices certainly doesn't help. Ryuji is genuinely good, everyone else is mediocre or miscast, but not offensively bad like Morgana and Futaba. I'm already hearing frequent reused main character voices for NPCs and the like too and have barely seen more than a few hours, not that I wasn't already expecting this to be an issue based on past Atlus dubs.

You shut your whore mouth, Junpei is a national treasure.

Ryuji is just a fag.

this tbqh. we were suppose to grow up after P3 and move on past video games (aka kids toys), not be manchilds and be around for P5.

feels bad man

>you can hear a Jap pronounce a word and know how to pronounce it afterwards because you're not a fucking moron.

This is what I don't fucking understand. There is no excuse for them mispronouncing anything when they can just reference the original. This is pure amateur shit and it's embarrassing.

Will western Atlus become the new Treehouse in the future?

>Naotofags will defend the fact that their waifu's VA completely fucked up P5's dub

there is literally nothing wrong with whaddup

>"foreign names sound odd when used in a different language, gotta change the pronounciation!"
And then they go and intentionally pronounce Arsène correctly too

>when they can just reference the original.
What reference? They walk into a booth, read the lines single take unless they say the wrong words outright, and then walk out.

>Women in charge of not fucking up
Naoto's original VA didn't fuck anything up. Its the recast.

What did Romi Park do to P5's dub?

Play in Japanese voice acting. You'll thank me.

>Jap audio will fix the text

nah bro i was totally considering the dub

holy shit man you really opened my eyes just now. thank you so much man

Bro I planned on it since it was announced. Ain't ever touching the dub.

Then what the hell do you want?

the text is fine
t. someone who was autistic enough to play their jap copy of p5 in sync with an english stream and check each individual line

Makoto's voice isn't deep enough. It bugs the shit out of me.

>Romi Park ruined P5
>Naoto's original VA, [REDACTED] fucked up P5
???

Jesus dude. How long did you clock in the game having to do that?

>Makoto's voice isn't deep enough. It bugs the shit out of me.
Why are you bothered by a voice you won't listen to?

A translation that doesn't fuck everything up but either being super stilted, flat out mistranslated or being full of memes which Atlus USA does all three consistently.

Honestly, just shut Atlus USA down and give it to someone like XSEED.

we're just sitting around picking apart lines because the game isn't out yet, it's to pass the time. hell the dub kinda grows on you after the first hour of play time, same with the font. the amount of complaining will go way down when everyone has the game.

The English intro sounds especially bad (starts 4:27 in):
youtube.com/watch?v=sVtGwPFEikU

Everyone of the girls with the same high pitched voice, and Morgana too. I can honestly see people starting this up and laughing at the shitty quality of the voice work.

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

What
I meant I had my Jap copy at the ready and was going through it line by line while watching one of yesterday's streams of the English copy and was comparing the two, the dialogue is incredibly accurate and the changes minimal
Heck, for almost all lines they've seemingly intentionally kept the Japanese sentence structure so as not to have the subs be jarringly different
Listening to both though, Morgana does sound really bad in English and lacks any of the energy the Jap one has, but dual audio will fix that

Because at one point in time John "Fuck The Nipponese" Hardin assured me I would be forced to either hear it, or hear nothing at all, so I tried to get used to it.

VA miscasts, regardless of whether or not I hear them constantly, annoy me.

>/v/ threads being negative of Persona 5 are getting deleted
>"Dual audio will fix it" now being posted here
Gets my neurons firing

holy fuck that guy is hammering that keyboard

>hell the dub kinda grows on you after the first hour of play time
fucking shill. Tae, Makoto, and Futaba sound like complete trash and aren't even in the game by then.

>Yakuza 0, a game literally nobody gave a shit about until it came out, releases with a pretty solid localization
>Persona 5, Atlus's BIGGEST FUCKING TITLE IN YEARS comes out, and has this shit for a localization

I'd like to think this is another Aliens:CM/Borderlands 2 situation but Atlus can't possibly be that retarded

whaddup just has meme value, it's far from a terrible mistake or anything

>Honestly, just shut Atlus USA down and give it to someone like XSEED.
Why so we can play it three years from now when they finally finish it, with dank memes instead of "Wassup"?

Oh and the special edition will give you 5 random trading cards and a CD in a slip with 4 songs.

Oh I thought you meant you played through the entire game or something reading a translation. My bad. Regardless that's good to hear. How do you keep japanese sentence structure though out of curiosity? Isn't it reversed compared to english? I don't know much about translating.

>XSEED replaces Jap memes with western memes
Whoa

Bro XSEED is trash. I mean I greatly appreciate their efforts to bring over games most companies probably wouldn't touch but their translations are pretty bad and barebones.

Xseed replaces non-meme sentences with jokes and memes, too.

I mostly mean Ryuji and Anne and Morgana which of course have the most lines. Sojiro and Tae are trash. Futaba is meh but passable, same with makoto tbqh

I'm just talking from the shoes of the average person (90% probably) that will play with the dub, they'll get over it. Of course everyone here will play with the sub as it should be.

will there be P5 fan translation?

Wanna know how I know you haven't played a game done by XSEED? Because you're describing NISA.

Wrong.

XSeed's games work on a technical level.

>How do you keep japanese sentence structure though out of curiosity?
Nah I don't mean they literally wrote it like that, but like they aimed to have pauses fall in line with where they'd be in Jap, have lines that have stuttering follow the same way as Jap, and for brief exclamations things are kept brief in English
They use names basically 1:1 with Jap too, if someone has an honorific it's the same, if someone uses their full name it's the same, and stuff like that
Even for the unvoiced lines they were keeping this up when they didn't have to since people wouldn't really notice them without voices
Ryuji speaks really roughly in Jap, and I do think it's a tad overdone here, but it's got reason to be there and isn't awful
Even the "I'm bad to the bone" line is actually accurate and /pg/ are pretending they know shit when どうも isn't being said as "thanks" but being used to introduce himself saying "yes, that's me, the rumored bad guy"

How would that be implemented?

>Even the "I'm bad to the bone" line is actually accurate and /pg/ are pretending they know shit when どうも isn't being said as "thanks" but being used to introduce himself saying "yes, that's me, the rumored bad guy"
This kills the /pg/ autists

Xseed is worse than Nisa at this point

Yeah, most of the translation is... okay so far. It's far from stellar, a lot of it sounds stilted, and while I don't mind Ryuji's dialogue it does feel like they had trouble getting his informal speech across and went a little overboard, but it's serviceable.

What has me worried is things like changing the どうも option in the scene where Anne opens up to Joker during the Kamoshida arc to "I'm bad to the bone" - it's still somewhat minor in that case, just tone-deaf to the rest of the scene, but if more of those kinds of changes rear their head in more important scenes, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with something on par with Persona 3's wonky translation for the October 4th scenes where the tone in the localization is so off and leaves out so many smaller details that it affects how the scene comes across to players.

Most of the scenes where that could be a problem are around mid- to lategame, though, so it's going to be a while until we'll be able to see what the localization is like for those parts.

@171998978
So you're just shitposting. No more (You)s from me.

Then give 8854 my (You) faggot,

>What has me worried is things like changing the どうも option in the scene where Anne opens up to Joker during the Kamoshida arc to "I'm bad to the bone"
He's not saying "thanks"
He's saying "that's me" essentially, when she's asking about the rumors
Writing, "yes that's me the rumored person" is rather long winded so they went with that
He does an animation where he pushes up his glasses to look cool when you pick that option and Anne laughs
It's not even a change, they knew what they were doing

Modern Xseed is literally worst than Nisa Extella was translated very badly

>First time back here after ~ a month

What the eff is going on

/v/ leaking in since threads are getting deleted. Give it a few hours and it will go back to being dead with the occasionally outrage over some line.

>Wadda eff is goin' on in her'

fixed.

Wassup... old poster.

Everyone bein' d-bags

is it true you can tell Goro to fuck (eff) off in a NG+ dialogue option?

yes and you can save him and make him your boyfriend too

Who should I romance

Goro

Ryuji

me

Your mom's dick

I didn't pick that option during my playthroughs, admittedly, so I didn't see the followup animation and Anne's response to it.

That said, I still feel like the localization for that option's a bit too over the top compared to the original one - as I said, it's still somewhat minor, but tonal differences like that can stack up if there's too many of them. May end up not being a problem in the full game, but it's something to keep an eye out for just in case.

None of the dialogue options toward Goro are locked to NG+.

Sensei

Goro

So, people have their hands on early copies? How far are they?

no one got to the castle boss fight before twitch went to start taking them down

Am I the only one that thinks "bad to the bone" fits Joker's character well? He tries to be a funny guy, in day to day life it's being awkward or snarky, while as a thief it's through taunts and general cockiness

everyone stopped after meeting Sojiro because they'd rather wait for Nip voices

Are you a woman by chance?

No I'm a competent person, but mass outrage over every detail isn't rational and something women tend to do. The dub is ass for sure, but I can see why certain decisions were made.

I just got Ryuji Sakamoto'd, /pg/

Cheer me up with cute Harus