/ovg/ - Mitsubishi Drivers Edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about driving and racing games

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TJBQ2_1uTo0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WHERE ARE THE RACE WEBMS RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

get

BIBB

NICE QUINTS MARKO LET ME SUCC YOUR DICC

impressive

Do as he says

WITNESED

witnessed
checked

Still really makes me think

Attempt 1

Attempt 3

The general stability of the McLaren on the whole corner

wew nigger

wew from my pov it looked like a bigger contact

I was really confused as to how you even crashed there

>larguu

I picked up a G27 for 200 Maplebux and played Assetto for about 5 hours non-stop. Fuck me I'm terrible. What's a good car/track to practice with? I can get medals in time attacks okay but I'm hopeless in actual races.

Does anyone still play Live for Speed? I plan on buying it

Get GTR2 and do the driving school first.=

wtf are you doing with your neck you silly cunt

It won't let me press A on it... do you guys need to manually create an event first? I thought there would be a playlist running passively and everyone logs their time or something. Guess I missed the Dirt Rally train, feels bad man.

It's a playlist and everyone logs their time, but it needs to be setup first.

there are a million legit reasons to complain about SHiT Rally, but sounds like you're just horrible at it while expecting to win every stage

>Historic GT & Touring Cars is the only game to race bunch of historical cars
>for reasons can only use xbox 360 controller to play for the time being
>can't drive for shits

Is there some kind of magic setup for this thing? I'm not trying to play on sim levels but driving with medium-high assists would feel wrong as fuck. I just wanna lay back and race beautiful old cars.

Do the brake mod. It's 20 to 100 ((()))bucks but it's worth it. Depending on how much you suck, your times can improve form 2-4 seconds per lap. It's just annoying to try to use muscle memory to do the braking, it's unnatural and unintuitive. Glad they fixed it with the G29/920.

I'm watching Fast&Furious saga, should I watch Tokio drift after 2 Fast 2 Furious or after Fast & Furious 6?

what time should i be getting on the track for next week. my best so far is a 1:48.868

I just finished using the Ego Engine Camera Modding Tool and I fixed everything I fucking hate about the cameras. Now I'm flying through Open but I still can't manage to get no restart bonuses. Codemasters games have the shittiest cameras where they sway a ton and pivot from the hood instead of from the center like any other game. I modded out the camera sway and now it's rock solid like Ridge Racer. I raised the bumper too so my sense of perception isn't glued to the floor and my driving is a lot more precise. Fucking developers can never get cameras right.

Me

>not using cockpit view

I wish I could set the driver camera to rotate with steering like you can set it in LFS, but everything is still fairly visible.

On the other hand, DR gives absolutely no sense of how big the car is, swapping from a FWD hatchback to a Subaru ended in me slamming a few trees with the rear before I readjusted. Even Rally 2000 does this better: you can instantly feel from the handling that the Octavia is a much bigger car than a Saxo or Felicia.

>Now I'm flying through Open but I still can't manage to get no restart bonuses.
slow down and don't crash
don't bother restarting if you're top3

1:48 around the nordschleife? how in the name of fuck

>Now I'm flying through Open but I still can't manage to get no restart bonuses.
how about
don't restart?

First racing vidya I've ever played. Playing with a controller, shit is fun as fuck. Anyone playing it?

No, it's shit.
Fuck codemasters with their casual shit.

so what's the best racing vidya for starters?

Rally 2000 unironically. Easy to drive and with realistic damage.

rly 2000 bst fisiks aynd dmg mdl so crash r rlistic
shitmasters shit rally trsh 4 casuls
be pro ply rly to thouzandd

>baiting people into a game with stages 18 minutes long on average
>when casuals and beginners struggle with 4+ minute stages

Colin McRae Rally 2.0 probably

Playing it, but with wheel and shit. Kinda done with road racing because I'm buying a car soon and rally seems to be something that I might occationally do on a casual basis. Tremendous fun game, although the handling isn't as realistic as I would've wanted.

>he likes a codemasters game so time to outright ignore his opinion and say hes retarded for liking the game

/ovg/ in a nutshell.

baiting people into a game with stages 18 minutes long on average

It's not like you're struggling to keep the car on the road the whole time.

>play SHiT Rally
>this kind of bullshit keeps happening
sasuga, Shitmasters

What kind of weird ass crack are you playing?

R2K has miniclip-tier physics. the stages get boring before they get tough. it's ok for beginners

Any links to it?

anyone have that AC payware f1 hybrid mod ? i've heard its good but >paying for a mod

It still amazes me how well this game's graphics have aged. With a few HQ mods it looks fine as hell.

>not knowing how to greentext properly
No one's telling you shit, faggot

turn AA on

Did you intalled the 1.1 patch?
Also are you interested in GTR2 leagues?

Also
>Ochersleben
youtube.com/watch?v=TJBQ2_1uTo0

well yeah seeing as how i played that game when i was playing that game when i was 6, it must have been piss easy. its a game meant for babies.

I don't see your point, I played flight sims at the age of 6-8

>I don't have the attention span to keep concentrated for longer than 5 minutes

Rip

webm cause im retarded and put the wrong file

>projecting
r2k is boring because it's easy and the stages, while long, are corridors

It's more a case of "I can't be arsed to keep going because it's boring as shit"

Haha, so funny! He glitched and crashed!

rFactor strikes again.

This is why we should never use it again and focus on assetto corsa, pcars2(when it comes out) and GTR3(Implying it will ever come out)

>decide to give Project Cars another try
>start career mode
>karts feel ok
>get the BMW touring car
>chassis can't handle the mighty 300hp
>spins for no reason
>no steering lock
>every single race has changeable weather
Do you ever get to the point where you don't have to drive that broken piece of shit? No other car in the game is so terrible, even the mid-engined cars with double the power are more stable.

eks deee

b-but it's the Dark Souls of racing videogames! :DDDD

>karts feel ok

>>holding brake doesn't shift into reverse until 3 seconds later

FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEE

IIRC you could skip most series if you didn't like them by doing other series.

WHAT

Johnny Cecotto is frowning upon you

re-checking because by god these are pretty

>the stages, while long, are corridors
what did he mean by this

what is that monstrosity of a paint job

haha you tell him user, fuck anyone posting anything because your standards are so superior and your posting is so funny and entertaining, haha you're so cool and epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xDDDDDDDDDD

STOP THESE GETS GRANARLD GORMPHHH

did you guys had to pit to change tires in the race?

cause in race 2 by lap 10 i forgot there was tire wear and my tires blew and i had to retire. fug

Mediums last all 30 minutes

ohhh i had super soft on fug

im getting a checksum error every time i join the mx5 server in ac
how to fix

Kek, I just pointed what happened dude! Why are you so mad?
It was funny!

The autists do this shit quite often
Then other twats give it 5/5 and your forced to look at some dumb cunts creation

Wow, still mad from the great furry beatdown I see.

Haha you are very very funny! :)

Haha so are you friend!

The same problems would persist because of autists insisting on special snowflake cars and tracks made by some busriding third worlder.

ovg is the place for funny men

Ok as in "Not completely broken"

supersofts were bad for that track, i qualified in softs