MegSev adventures: MegSev dot blogspot dot com

All previous Collages that we know of: imgur.com/a/FSJBQ

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=vgiDcJi534Y [Open]

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ecmjjEQT3PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WgFHIR7lLC0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is this expression trying to convey?

Anyone know how to turn off the sounds the controller makes when playing PS4?

sara is trying not to show her disappointment that liam sucks at building lego

Autism.
If it's Sara it's always autism.
She'll never have the appropriate facial expression for the moment.

OFFICIAL COMPANION TIER LIST

Good tier
>Vetra

Above Average tier
>Drack
>Jaal

Average tier
>Liam

Below Average tier
>Cora

Shit tier
>PeeBee

THIS LIST IS NOT UP FOR DISPUTE, I AM MERELY LETTING YOU ALL KNOW OF THE FACTS.

Any consequences for letting the researcher continue her research on the Yavera?

Liam is better than average.

I'd put Peebee on average just because of when she starts moaning while in Eos.

Vetra spends most of her time shooting walls.

Living with the fact that your falling for the homeopathic medicine meme and only helping to kill innocent space whales.

The game alone literally tells you that the reapers strength relies on stealth, warping to the citadel and taking control of the network of the sentient species that inevitably runs through it once they discover it, they aren't even that strong once their shields go down and they probably aren't even bigger than a Mass conveyor of 40k. Their invincibility and godlike status was just Sovereign's delusion, which was proven wrong. Some guerrilla warfare and simple final alliance of all biologic races would have been a decent, less convoluted ending.

And that's why I love her.

Is this game worth getting? Is it a SJW filled shitfest like everyone is saying? Can i truly not make a white male character?

>fighting some enemies
>finish encounter, acquire experience
>Vetra fires up power armor + overdrive, revs up her assault rifle and puts like 50 rounds into the nearest structure

Vetra pls

Liam is the worst squad mate in the series. Yes worse than the tokens in ME2/ME3 and worse than Ashley.

I like how the stupid andromeda races can't understand my advanced milky way sniping.

>mfw vetra notice the cum stain on my wall under my computer desk

Drack was fucking amazing for me, he always killed shit left and right

everywhere I looked there he was, slamming someone into the ground

You can't make a white girl, for some reason.
You can make white dudes, you just have to select the white preset and then edit that one.
And apart from one NPC that comes out and says ''HI IM A TRANNY'' there's not much about it.

So she's basically working for the Chinese?

That fucking bitch.

why is vetra under your desk user

>Everyone just starts speaking english out of no where
>No explanation is ever given
>Not even a 'our translators needed time to calibrate to their language'
>Or 'They scanned out ship and deciphered our tech'
>Hell I would have settled for "SAM can do that"
>But no we get no explanation of any kind

Damn nigga the Scavenger armor looks really fucking good in cutscenes. I may have to throw that on.

Daily reminder that thanks to the remnant tech in meridian your pathfinder too can also make babies with Vetra.

There will never be a decent explanation for why aliens in games and movies speak english.
The most you'll ever get is ''we are using a translator''.

slobbering on my knob

what the fuck are you talking about? when you meet the "angara"? they're speaking their native language

I think the saddest commentary on the game is you can't tell whether it's really the SJW boogeyman or just really fucking bad writing and design oversights.

Like there's no way even an SJW could write lines as bad as Miss trans "my face is tired" has and it somehow got a pass from the supervisors. I mean fucking Krem has award winning writing compared to that.

gross

Yea, you like that dry leathery bird tongue, don't you?

>Leave EOS
>Get ambushed by Kett ship
>Get informed they are scanning my ship
>Ryder responds with "Well...!? SCAN THEM BACK!!"

Annd thats when I alt+f4'd and filed for a refund

Please give me Shephard back

Jaal mentions if your translator isn't working. Just because you weren't paying attention doesn't mean the explanation wasn't there. Maybe you're just acting retarded for the free You's

Yo MPfags, Someone on Reddit leaked the upcoming MP characters and Maps.
There were Bios too but I don't think you guys would be interested (Even though I like the Bios for MP characters)

>Krogan Gladiator (Female): Pull, Annihilation Field, Nova
>Firebase Paradox
Already known and shown.

>Angara Exemplar (Male): Overload, Deployable Combat Shield, Energy Drain
>Turian Agent (Male): Tech Recon Probe, Cloak, Proximity Mine
>Salarian Architect (Male): Deployable Combat Shield, Incinerate, Remnant VI
>Firebase White Revised (don't know what that means)
I'm disappointed Salarian Architect is an Engineer Type since I don't really enjoy using Engineers.
But I do like the sound of Turian Agent.

That's totally Kirk though.
Ryder's only faults are high functioning autism and lack of charisma.

Probably a map with the same layout as Firebase: White from ME3 but visually matching Andromeda.

>Lack of charisma

you aren't playing the correct Ryder then.

I want a playable biotic Volus who uses a grenade launcher.

I don't care if he is a MP character or a SP companion, but I want him.

Male Ryder is a bit like Nathan Drake.

Fem Ryder is full autismo.

Here is your (you)

>Fem Ryder is full autismo.

Friendly reminder that this is /meg/ fanfiction

That picture is clearly Garrus's sister lusting over Shepard

I AM A GREAT WIND

I'm playing with Sara, is mRyder more entertaining?

>did a whole bunch of silver missions yesterday
>think I'll be just fine doing some more today
>see there's a silver item chest mission
>try it out
Clear an Escape Route
>go in
>doing good but everyone keeps dying out of nowhere repeatedly, even more than on the one gold mission i tried
>cant figure out whats going on
>full health
>full shields
>enemy comes up behind me and one shots me
>eventually we fail the mission
>completely comfused
>look at mission in the menu
>1000% enemy melee damage

As if the enemies that have built in one shot melee range abilities weren't annoying enough, let's add it to ALL the mobs.

Why do developers think bullet sponge enemies that can one shot you are fun?

alright so i just finished Andromeda and all i have to say is I miss Jack

no but seriously, without giving out spoilers my main problems are how childish the game is, why are their so many jokes in so many conversations? Not once did I ever feel a serious tone to the game.

also, except that scene were Jaal cries(i forgot why) I never cared for any team mates, even Vetra who i r'manced. and I thought their personal missions burdensome and boring

one last thing. why are Ryder's legs so fucking stumpy?

You want the Dan of Mass Effect?

Re-posting my review cause bored.

I'm at 88% with 64 hours and I just finished the main story and I agree with Gamespot's 6/10 review.

The combat can be fun but the gunplay is not up to par with current games. All the guns felt slow and unresponsive no matter how I modded them or built my character. The active cover system was also a huge pain in the ass often not registering many objects as cover or somehow allowing enemies to shoot me while in full cover.

I also felt that the writing in the main story was boring, predictable, cliche, and full of constant plotholes requiring either sheer coincidence, dumb luck, or ryder to walk in and use AI wizardry to clean everything up with very little satisfying buildup or explanation. Most of the conflicts that happen can be simplified by saying "The kett do something dumb, ryder walks in, says "im the pathfinder" then SAM casts a spell and all the bad guys either die or run away". Terrible pacing with 6 missions of act I, one of act 2, one of act 3. It was paced terribly.

It also reuses tons of plot and story points from Mass Effect 1. Once again a human who is somehow better than everyone at everything has waltzed into an unfamiliar galaxy fish out of water setting with nameless faceless bad dude and an evil guy who exists solely to be evil that are just a distraction till the real ancient evil shows up, and there's a mysteriously absent ancient race who left behind ancient tech that helps the hero win against insurmountable odds. It wasn't done nearly as well as it was done in Mass Effect 1 and felt more like a first draft of a fanfiction.

(1/3)

stop

Many of the narrative based side missions fall prey to being derivative as hell too. With such a massive galaxy it's hard to believe that there were so many people related to characters related to the OT characters, or had worked on projects or for corporations that you saw in the OT. While many of these stories were interesting by the end it just felt derivative and lazy.

Speaking of the nameless faceless bad dude and an evil guy who exists solely to be evil, he was one of the worst villains I've ever seen. He does nothing the entire game except shake his fist at ryder the very very few times they interact, and has no character arc or motivations except being evil for the sake of evil and doing dumb things to move the plot along and then in the most anti-climactic final boss fight since Fable II he literally just up and dies after you hack 3 terminals. What a fucking joke.

Speaking of poorly written, lets talk about the Angora. All the races in the OT had huge backstories, cultures, wars, loves, and hatreds for each other with various fleshed out reasons why. Take a look at the Angora and it falls pretty short. They only know the scourge attacked them 800 years ago and the Kett attacked them 80 years ago. Literally no other history or back story or lore besides that. Their culture doesn't compare to the cultures of other races. They're basically humans with big families who talk about their emotions a lot. That's it. They are pointless and forgettable. Even the Elcor were deeper and more fleshed out.

(2/3)

youtube.com/watch?v=ecmjjEQT3PQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WgFHIR7lLC0

Autism.

The dialogue was mostly average but for every moment of great dialogue that was funny, sweet, clever, or painful, there were two more that were cringy, poorly written, and stupid. The dialogue was so bad at parts that it was almost insulting. The dialogue wheel felt more like 4 different tones to say the same thing unless you had to make a choice between two things, which was basically paragon v renegade all over again without the fun of interrupting conversations or feeling like you had any effect whatsoever. I honestly feel that the dialogue wheel changes were the worst part of the game and severely stripped away the ability to feel like YOU were making choices greater than "say something uplifting in a serious voice""say something uplifting in a friendly voice""say something uplifting in a silly voice""say something uplifting in a professional voice".

As with the dialogue lots of voice acting was great, but lot's of it was phoned in with a few scenes feeling like a sound engineer stitched together parts of multiple sentences to make a new one. It was very inconsistent. The dialogue wheel also caused characters to wildly change emotional tone in the middle of conversations resulting in absolutely bipolar exchanges.

The soundtrack was basically unnoticeable, which is pretty bad coming from a series with such a recognizable and unique soundtrack.

I could go on for hours about the faults in this game, such as how it drowned in tacked on mechanics like scanning or crafting that everyone learned were garbage in 2014, or the terrible animations, constant graphical glitches, or game breaking bugs that honestly shouldn't exist in a $40,000,000 game by a AAA studio, but I've already invested over 60 hours and I'm really just done with it. I'm too tired of this game to even finish listing my problems with it in this post. It wasn't horrible, it wasn't great, it was just okay. It deserved its 6/10 and I hope they hire better people to work on sequel.

(3/3)

>fight architect
>die because of some stupid bullshit
>doesn't save between stages even though the fight actively stops and gives you time to screw around
>restart half-hour long encounter
>always bugs on load and need to alt+f4 to get out
>reload *previous* save, because most recent save bugs 100% of the time on architect spawn now

I fucking hate this game. I should just turn the difficulty down. Everything is too bullet spongy.

Take it to youtube autismo

The Angarans had already had contact with Milky Way species for over a year before your ark gets there so they had time to decipher.

>+110% Recharge Speed

How does this work? Does it mean no cooldown?

Scott is for serious playthroughs, well, as serious as Andromeda can get.

Sara is for meme playthroughs and laughs.

Scott's personality is also better suited to the role of Pathfinder than Sara's is.

They do get some lines different but mostly is just the BroRyder having a better voice actor that sounds energetic and not half asleep, and I agree with user here

Does anyone have a download link to the soundtrack?

Is it just me or do squadmates do zero fucking weapon damage? Even specced for weapon damage, they do fuck all.

Feels like you need to spec them for power usage if you want to get any use out of them.

Thoughts?

>I think any remotely unusual human behavior is autism

Nigga you dumb
The "rambling nervous love confession" trope is as old as dirt.

I thought that was the case at first too, but I genuinely had to restart as Scott due to how bad Sara was to watch in cutscenes and conversations.

No. 100% would be double the rate, so 4s. Recharge is like 3.8s at 110%

It means the rate at which Charge cools down is 110% faster.

The speed at which it happens is what's specifically affected, not the length of time in which it happens.

They don't. I'm playing on Normal difficult and just cleared out a kett base with Vetra and Jaal. Jaal's sniper rifle literally took off 1/5 of a trooper's health bar per shot, and Vetra's minigun with Overcharge on at point blank range could only get a normal grunt down to 1/3 health before she had to reload.

They'd be a lot more useful if you could actually direct their powers. And change their weapons.

>at first

I've put like 50 hours into my Sara save, she's fine.
You're falling for the meme.

t. high functioning autist

You act like that user is cherrypicking, but Sara comes off as "I have something wrong with my ability to pick up social cues and respond to situations" in every single conversation.

At least if you are playing as Scott you can try and convince yourself she has brain damage from extensive Cryo or being in a coma.

I haven't gotten far into the single player, Is there another Snow Place besides Veold?

I was thinking a reskin of the current snow map but with Weather Hazards but this early into the game?

I'm surprised by how much I like Peebee.I expected to hate her but aside from that face she makes when she straddles you she's really cute, and she's way more likeable and interesting than Cora, who is super boring and unusual looking.
And I really want to kiss Peebee's tummy.
>one NPC that comes out and says ''HI IM A TRANNY''
When is that? I'm only about 20% in.

>The dialogue was mostly average but for every moment of great dialogue that was funny, sweet, clever, or painful, there were two more that were cringy, poorly written, and stupid. The dialogue was so bad at parts that it was almost insulting. The dialogue wheel felt more like 4 different tones to say the same thing unless you had to make a choice between two things, which was basically paragon v renegade all over again without the fun of interrupting conversations or feeling like you had any effect whatsoever. I honestly feel that the dialogue wheel changes were the worst part of the game and severely stripped away the ability to feel like YOU were making choices greater than "say something uplifting in a serious voice""say something uplifting in a friendly voice""say something uplifting in a silly voice""say something uplifting in a professional voice".

Of all the shit that went wrong with Andromeda(ugly characters, terrible animations, bare bones CC), this, the severely restricted dialogue- and tone-choices, is what kills any desire i may have had to play this game any time soon.

>h-how d-d-are y-you disrupt our circle jerk

>When is that? I'm only about 20% in.
No idea, I think it's in Eos in a sidequest.

>I'm surprised by how much I like Peebee
kys

Anyone got favorite guns yet?

I've not found one I'm too happy with yet. The Remnant Assault Rifle, I think it was called Sweeper was pretty neat but the things got a really high first shot recoil multiplier so it's not as accurate as I would like. Looks awesome though and the heat mechanic means I never need ammo crates again.

In the OT they did a fraction of your own damage. That's probably true here as well. Also, if you compare their power damage, like liams overcharge, you'll see that those are gimped as well. Best choice is either tank to soak aggro since they have 3x your health pool, or for cc like peebee's pull.

I don't know what to tell you, sport. You have low standards.

You and I clearly define "fine" differently.

I see. So, recharge speed is even worth less than I originally thought. It'd be nice if the game offered tooltips for skills to see their new cooldown/damage values after investing points.

the sandstorm(at least i think that's what it's called)

i dont remember what it's called

Should I mine for water or for Gas?

Honestly the pre-order/deluxe bonus guns are pretty good. The assault rifle with the 3 round burst is really satisfying to use early to mid game.

Equilizer. Short range, higher damage version of the sweeper. Throw a clip increase, and damage mod and it's golden.

Not until I kiss Peebee's tummy.

>that mission where you take your LI to the nexus bar
>take Vetra
>she gets drunk and cries about her life
>begs Ryder not to leave her

>mRyder is like Nathan Drake
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who got that impression. It also doesn't help that I made him with similar features

dude gross. seriously

The PAW Remnant AR is boss for a caster. Fire it until it gets to around 2%, cast a few powers to fuck shit up, and it's already back to 100%.
I'm loving using the PAW with Backlash, Overload and Incinerate.

What's your profile, skills, preferred team members, and general fight style?

>Explorer
>Charge
>Incinerate
>Turret with Cryo rounds
>Vetra with disruptor rounds
>Liam cause Liam

Basically I just drop the turret, and fire incinerate at my target before I charge. And thanks to Vetra and the turret having normal attack that prime targets, I always have options for explosions. Not even shields are a problem with her around. And Liam can prime groups of enemies with his havoc strike and explode any primed targets I don't get from Vetra or the turret. If things are on low health I'll just shoot them with my pistol instead, I've never been a fan of shotguns.

Anons, please.

Can you tell me what mission line leads into Vetras loyalty mission. What planet is it based on? What mission did you complete to get it to pop up?

I have had missions for EVERY other squadmate but not a single mission for Vetras.

Sid never says anything either.

Move Liam up and Cora down and you'll be good. I'm pretty sad though, I know Mass Effect 2's entire storyline was based around getting the most bad ass squad you could, but I wish they could've had equally bad ass characters for Andromeda. It's not even a decision when I pick my squad, it's just Vetra and Drack all the damn time. In ME2 I could never decide who to bring. Jack, Liara, Tali, Legion, Garrus, hell even Miranda were all so good. Not even counting DLC companions.

Being able to figure out what is and isn't autism isn't a question of "standards". She looks goofy sometimes because of the bad animation, and you know it. Scott does the exact same shit.

>sport

Whoa, you are one happenin' fella. Want to cruise for some chicks to catch a flick at the drive-in and see what happens?

>no option to kiss her forehead
What the fuck man.

peebeejay literally doesn't have eyebrows. what was bioware talking about

I love the sidewinder.
It's so bad.

Recently switch to vanguard

>Walk into horde with Backlash up
>Get damage buff when it breaks
>Instantly kill the biggest, toughest fucker around
>Charge in for more shields
>Melee for more shields
>Toss a lance at the sniper fuck on the roof

The saving grace to this shit pile is that the combat feels absolutely amazing when it works

I was an operative before this and would stealth in, melee, sticky grenade then bounce out

Rocking Liam and PeePee because they are the only characters with any character

She will send you an email when she's ready, user. Go do something else.

>never need ammo crates again

>pathfinder, let's go to a new galaxy
>but let's not bring the guns with infinite ammo, let's rely on heatsinks that burn out rapidly
And the vintage augment is so very disappointing. The fact that it already triples the reload downtime, but it also cuts the magazine to 1/3? Unforgivable.

OFFICIAL COMPANION LOVE INTEREST TIER LIST

Good tier
>Vetra

Above Average tier
>Cora

Average tier
>PeeBee (Male)
>Jaal

Below Average tier
>Liam

Shit tier
>PeeBee (Female)

THIS LIST DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT RANDOM "FLINGS" AND NON-COMPANION ROMANCES.

THIS LIST IS NOT UP FOR DISPUTE, I AM MERELY LETTING YOU ALL KNOW OF THE FACTS.

Isn't the Meridian the point of no return?

Thats all I have left.

Does this Making An Impression side quests affect anything later on in the game?

I have fallen in love with the Salarian pathfinder