What car that feels fun and fast without going over the speed limit?

what car that feels fun and fast without going over the speed limit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocenti
youtube.com/watch?v=lgUuRVkgJmg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if a car feels fast w/o going fast then you are delusional.

keep in mind that speed limits were set a long time ago, when cars (suspension/brakes/tires/whaterver) sucked.

apparently the AE86 but really any performance hatch or roaster feels fast

none

Geo metro

Smaller (for today's standarts) Vintage cars in general.

Assuming you are an amerilard, I'd recommend a british roadster like the MG B or Triumph Spitfire, or an air cooled VW (Not as 'sporty' though, just slow)

ever drove a go kart?
that thing is going 50-60km/h but feels crazy fast.

for a car that feels fast, something lightweight and very close to the road. and hard suspention make the car feel fast

an elise or miata does it well

Stop posting this faggot's awful cosplay. It's one thing to larp, it's another to larp terribly.

911 is a pleasure at any speed. Espeacially the older generations. For actual feel of speed maybe Formula Ford but I'm not sure how easy is it to get one.

any motorcycle

Anything small and agile user.. hell.. i just bought a clapped out 3 cylinder 5 speed geo metro.. thing is a damn blast lol.. barely gets over 75 on the highway.. unless its windy.. then i take the gto out for fear of being flipped

except 20th century 911s will kill you with spooky oversteer prone handling.

Not saying a geo metro is agile.. thought id correct myself before i got flamed to death

Not joking.

This thing is a blast around town.

I have to agree with that. I drove a friends 1980s Turbo and it is scary as hell.

This.

Fuck off Alex

Something with muh torks

This.
What a great car to push to the limits

Mazda knows how to make driving fun.

The AE86 only feels fast because it feels like it's going to fall apart once you hit 50

bmw 3 series. doesnt actually go that fast but makes you kill yourself anyway

Morgan 4/4.

It wasn't an enjoyable perception of speed, but I was fully convinced I was going to be killed that one time I took my dad's MGB out on the interstate.

I think I was doing like 60, so not even at the speed limit.

04-08 Acura TSX 6MT

Speed Limits are actually set based on your reaction time.

Kei sports cars are brilliant at this.

obligatory

>keep in mind that speed limits were set a long time ago, when cars (suspension/brakes/tires/whaterver) sucked.
Is this actually what people use to justify their speed?

E30

You can actually go over the speed limit though

Wrong

i guess two main things that make people think they're going fast are seat position height and grip. use terrible tyres and install bucket seats, optimally go fast on gravel roads. Just driving on the gravel feels great, even in weak fwd shitbox - you'll need to break speed limit but who cares, it's not like police is waiting for you in the forest

they're set where they are (and much too high in many places) because the meatbag behind the wheel sucks

>Speed Limits are actually set based on your reaction time.
Then why do Germans autobahns exist? Is it like you move to Germany you get 3x faster reaction time?

>ever drove a go kart?
>that thing is going 50-60km/h but feels crazy fast.

no it doesn't.

I did trackdays and also raced a bike (had gsxr600k7 track bike).

Unless your perception of speed is fucked (or you are delusional) you have to go fast to feel that you go fast.

Rough and noise ride has nothing to do with 'feeling fast'

small size, exposure to elements, dodgy suspension all contribute to making something feel faster than it is to me as well. you clearly don't share a common experience that other people do. no big deal stop being autistic.

holy shit, that's the most fedora post on Veeky Forums right now
just because the speedometer shows the same speed doesn't mean the car feels like it goes at the same speed

in fact, you claim people have fucked up perception, when it's most likely you who has problems
protip: your eyes are not the only thing that perceive the speed
do you take any medicine that dull your senses?

You do know like most of the autobahn has a 120kmh limit..... right?

>You do know like most of the autobahn has a 120kmh limit..... right?

Let me rephrase it then. Why people are allowed to travel at high speed (let's say over 180km/h) if the speed limit is based on reaction time. Do people automagically get better reaction time on such roads? I doubt it.

>in fact, you claim people have fucked up perception, when it's most likely you who has problems
No it's just experience. I have consistent laptimes, often within 0.1s for a session if there are no fags. Basically I'm able to judge entry speed and locate myself on the track pretty much accurate.

Try doing trackdays, you'll learn a lot.

FWIW having laptimes within 0.1 s for 1:30 track time translates to an average speed deviation of less than 0.1%

few years on the track and an average person is able to judge speed within 0.1%

Good choice, it can go fast as well as feeling it.

good, straight road with high visibility = more time to react
good road = good traction = less time needed to stop after hitting the brakes

Wrong

SLOW CAR FAST

wish i could buy sporting
the only ones i see are the 700cc 2 cyl engines, are those fun ?

>wish i could buy sporting
Yeah, if I had the space and money for a 2nd car, it'd probably be a stripped out Sporting.
>the only ones i see are the 700cc 2 cyl engines, are those fun ?
Idk I've only driven a 0.9 Seicento, they only have 30hp but they still weigh less than 700kg, so I'd imagine they're fun enough so long as you're driving downhill.

Then under that logic all of us must have fucked perception of speed because planes look like they're going slower than they actually are
The speed at which we assume something is moving is relative to the observers location and the observer

I have a feeling you fuccbois are gonna ruin FRS ownership for me

It's up to you to enjoy it, motherfucker.
Who gives a shit about what some dickhead on the internet says.

This. Fucktards on this site don't even have a car and they shit on the 86, even those who have more horsepower than
an 86 probably don't know how to use it to the fullest anyway.

confirmed for having never driven a go kart.

My father's Innocenti Mille felt crazy fast on wet roads with chines tyres, every trip to the store was like a WRC super stage

If anyone is interested, the engine was a 1.7 liter naturally aspirated diesel with 57 hp

What does this even mean?
having fun under the speed limit? You're either looking for something stupidly slow that accelerates mildly quick in first or second or you're looking for a stupidly fast car that you're gonna let off the gas at 60mph.

If it's the latter then literally any couple or sedan will work and none of them will be better than one another since you're just staying under the speed limit anyway who fucking cares. A civic will be as good as a fucking mustang at that point if all you're doing is staying under 60

that's fiat uno, stop making up smart names for it

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocenti

> Fujiwara graphics on both sides.
> Its like hes not even trying.

>it can go fast as well as feeling it.

youtube.com/watch?v=lgUuRVkgJmg

it feels fast because its light, and it has a great little engine.

lol
it's feels like any other 80s shitbox

I really want one of these but I could never commit to the work they need all the time.

A supercharger kit is like $4k anyway, but money is better spent on tires, coilovers, and a tune

going 100kmh in a minivan and 100kmh in a small car is totally a different feeling of speed.

your definition speed is if you cross that lap 0.1 sec faster. All about lap time, you poor soul

>good, straight road with high visibility = more time to react

the faster you go, the more distance you should keep to allow braking / manoeuvring. it's up to you do decide

>good road = good traction = less time needed to stop after hitting the brakes

good car, ABS, good tires = less time needed to stop after hitting the brakes. Having better cars equals safer driving and one can bump speed limits up

>1994–1997 Mille – Brazilian Fiat Uno for Italian market (not to be confused with the "Mini Mille" version manufactured between 1980–1982)