How would I go about priming myself to drive on the left side of the road, say if I was going to visit such a country?

How would I go about priming myself to drive on the left side of the road, say if I was going to visit such a country?

I would suspect it would be difficult since driving on the right side is thoroughly internalized.

Never done it, but they say the first five minutes is sheer terror, and after that it's like you've done it all your life.

Good luck in Japan, Ken-Sama.

Are you going in your own car or are you going to rent one with the steering wheel on the appropriate side?

Changing lanes and roundabouts are what worries me the most. So I sure hope you're right.

Rental, most likeky.

Nowhere that drives on the left is worth visiting.

Keep the passenger towards the curb.

Just remember that the driver must always be towards the center line in either traffic system. If you find yourself on the outside of the road you dun fucked up. It'll probably come relatively instinctively because of the driver position. Would be worse to drive a RHD car in LHD traffic.

t. ignorant American

>I would suspect it would be difficult since driving on the right side is thoroughly internalized.
It's not that bad except for looking at the mirrors. I just instinctively wanted to look up and to the right for the center mirror. Traffic circles were surprisingly easy to navigate.

Not wanting to drive in the Thai countryside getting sucked off by a cute katoey while checking out the vistas.

t. Britbong who doesn't realize driving on the left is the vast minority

It's a minority, but it's not negligible. 27% of the world's road networks and 34% of the world population drive on the left, and left-hand traffic countries include some of the world's most significant car makers.

Also I'm German.

I wouldn't mind a bike trip through Namibia and Botswana, but then again it doesn't matter for bikes.

Bikes 1 - 0 Cars

literally solely inflated by the nips and the pajeets
nowhere relevant drives on the left

Same goes with places using imperial units tho

There are only three countries that use inch and footy lengthy-looky, the US and two literal whos that are completely irrelevant.

So three literal whos.

case in point

if america is a literal who, why do euroclaps get so frustrated when it's mentioned?

aaaaand there it is, another country bashing thread on Veeky Forums

seriously fuck off /pol/

You think you're primed for driving one side, but really you're primed for driving along in traffic. As long as there was traffic on the road I had no problems at all. Including lane swaps, round abouts, and what else you mention.

Only time it went wrong was when it was late and was alone on the road. Then auto pilot took over.

Any driving simulators or vidya that features driving on the left-hand side?

>Rental, most likeky.

Good. Rent one with an auto transmission if possible. No sense in having to shift with the other hand while paying attention to other crap.

Wait just a minute! When did Canada switch over?

Maybe this is why they are always blowing horns at me when I'm up there.

Chapman's Peak, and many other beautiful windy roads in South Africa.

Hong Kong is left driving, too.

Dumb yank