Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ym9z0S1t1kw?t=240
youtube.com/watch?v=3DVEMWS8Qm8
youtube.com/watch?v=1FNEb9rRuk0
youtu.be/-8CEJTPECxc
youtube.com/watch?v=_2zDvVeG-IU
veg.by/en/projects/nfs3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What was that called again? I used to always rent it from block buster, all my friends hated it but i loved it.

Lotus Turbo Challenge was my first racing game
Driver

Some dos game can't remember maybe outrun 1990?

3D grand prix

dis

yep, driver
I remember driving speed limits in free mode so as not to get fucked with by police kek

also dat

At school, during every single break.

The first one I really cared about. Wish it was still around.

This game was a fucking blast and even now is still pretty fun.

It was also kinda creepy. it was kinda eerie and unsettling and whenever that green dude in the flying saucer would randomly crash into me it would scare the shit out of me.. there was no background music (which i liked since it added a whole new atmosphere to the game and made it easier to concentrate.

You would complete different task and unlock more cars along the way. IMO it is one of the greatest driving games of its time. graphics aren't bad either and unlike a lot of games it is still easy on the eyes and doesn't look like pixelated low res garbage though maybe its because i played a later release on disk for PC and it supposedly first came out on Atari ST.

All hail the king

Great game.

Does putting you mom's malaise-era Buick landbarge in neutral and rolling it down the driveway count?

Loved this fucking thing. The battery lasted forever.

Unfortunately I am a lot older than you assholes

It was a Grand Am for me.

Man.. people in the 80s had good fucking imagination.

clsasic

Nice

Well actual cars were that blocky in the 80's as well...

Played the living heck out of this on mates PC back in the day

you posted it senpai

I remember playing this. I could never beat the first fucking mission in the garage where you had to do all those skills within the time limit without hitting anything. Later I found cheat codes and skipped to so I could access the dam fucking story. Those cheat codes were fun to use like god mode and insane speed flying across the map and wrecking cop cars.

>mission in the garage where you had to do all those skills within the time limit without hitting anything

I (never) got pass this. i actually gave up and never really revisited it. i knew i was missing something ;_;

I think I was 4 when I played it for the first time on my dad's PC

I don't even know. I had an Atari ST as a kid, and there was all sorts of shit loaded on it, or floppies in boxes.

You have to be 18 to post here.

In one of the Namco Museum games.

Y'all fuckers ready for some TOCA?!
Probably wan't the first one but I played it the most. That fucking tank.
youtu.be/ym9z0S1t1kw?t=240

Is it gone now? I got scammed of my account because I was young and new to a big online space. I had some alright stuff

This and Gran turismo 1.
I thank my uncle for being a bastard and walking out on his marriage so my aunt gave me all his games

That's a PS1 game? Holy shit, that looks great. 3D interior and everything!

It was a PS2 game that had mad bosozuku cars with enormous exhausts and I can't remember the name of it

It's bugging me massively

Anyone got an idea of what it could be?

Servers were shut down somewhere in 2016, maybe December but I forgot. Really sucked because I just wanted to play again that day. Might figure out how to go on a private server in the future. I won a Leopard (Koenigsegg) and a Lamborghini from the gumball machine thingy and it was great. Fuck I loved gaining just +6 MPH with a fuck ton of upgrades.

BIG

RED

RACING

First driving game I recall. After this it was just random NFS and other racing games on the gameboy and NFSU2 on dad's PC which I played almost every fucking day after school. Must've sunk over 3000 hours into that game as a kid, holy shit.

1/2

2/2

Wonder how many people will remember this one

It's my first game as well. And no I'm not underage [spoiler]anymore[/spoiler]

>Back in the day where there were no videos, online guides, or tutorials how to play
>Put in the cartridge and had to learn everything yourself
>Learning little things on your own like how to boost and upgrade your pod racer

San Francisco Rush on the N64, but didn't play much, I played Rush 2049 way more with the stunt game trying to gather all the star things or battle mode wrecking my friends... good times man, banjo kazooie, fuck me, then gaming got all serious with the first xbox and ps2 NFS HP2 dodging helicopter barrel bombs during police chases and driving backwards on the track to keep playing....

completely forgot about that game.... could paint your cars and shit, that was fun as fuck but i was so bad
youtube.com/watch?v=3DVEMWS8Qm8

Outrun.

Chase hq.

The 1000 mile rally.

...things went to another level with..

Daytona.

Sega rally.

Ridge racer.

Gave up on it when god robbed my streetfighter cartridge.

Mom did not want me to play violent video games, so she bought me several racing games with my PS1.

Pic related was one of them along with GT1 and Road Rash

This right here. Taught me the first things I ever learned about cars, engines, and racing. Plus still fun to this day

MC:LA is the first one I remember dedicating any kind of serious time and effort into

Anyone else?

Hell yes. Maybe hours gone as a kid to this game.

Rumble Racing on PS2 is pretty much the same game without Nascars.

Not my first game (it was a Lamborghini Challenge or something like that) but I still have my Midtown Madness case and CD

I don't remember any car game before that.

It was Test Drive 5 for me.

>tfw building blank cars because I thought they would go faster
>tfw adding transparent orange flames to the back didn't make it go faster either

Fantastic place to start.

My person of color

Actually though. Also a demo of Crash Team Racing my sister and I found on another PS1 disc.

[spoiler]spoilers don't work on Veeky Forums underage fgt[/spoiler]

Dat fuckin' opening.

youtube.com/watch?v=1FNEb9rRuk0

I never managed to unlock the Daytona, which saddened me a bit when I found out it was actually in the game.

Holy shit, Midtown Madness 2 was my fucking JAM for years after it got released. I downloaded so many car modpacks.

1980 ford fairlane wagon reporting, i dont even remember how i was punished for that, dad was pissed lol

i feel so old

My fukken nigga
I also had the first game to start with

Its a twelve year old game famalam
Time is passing gramps you can't stop it

YA YA YA YA YA

Driver was the first I played and was amazing but the first I personally bought was NFS 2000.

Still one of the best NFS to date since it actually had damage which had to be fixed between stages so you had to consider the risk during the race if you have enough money to fix it if you did bin it.

High Stakes had that as well and while it wasn't quite as intricate as Porsche Unleashed, I liked its variety of cars and tracks much more.

I'd played a lot of arcade ones like Cruisin' Exotica but this was my first owned racing game

youtu.be/-8CEJTPECxc

I wish my Dreamcast still worked, I'd love to play this again now that I'm not 6 and know how cars work. Trying to get round Riviera like it's Mario Kart just holding down the gas was shit but damn that game was fun.

>tfw NFS will never, ever have a soundtrack this fucking good again
>even if they found and rehired Rom Di Prisco and Matt Ragan, Saki Kaskas is FUCKING DEAD

I remember always going for the Lamborghini every single time.

GAME OVER YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

I'm so sorry

>the Panoz Le Mans car was a late-stage unlock in MM1
>only car you had to race "Professional" to get
>in MM2 it's so much easier to unlock

It felt like...cheapening the car a bit.

when i die

scenes of Driver 1 and Driver 2 will cross my mind

my first game i ever played on the Ps1, imagine my face as a 9 a year old kid

drivers graphics were so amazing

i miss my youth

This

this game was fire

this right here

youtube.com/watch?v=_2zDvVeG-IU

>tfw we'll never get a track as cool as Empire City again

same here , played it for the first time when i was 5 years old

still remember it like it was yesterday

i don't remember driver looking that bad.

I vividly remember a game named "car jacker", or " taxi jacker" with a name if some american city behind it, but I genuinely can't find it.

It had a kind of dark atmosphere to it, and was on a german demo disk with Taxi Racer London.

yea yea, the crappy TM games. Truth be told, I like the second level in 4, only for the song.

Back when pirating games was done by just burning your friend's copy on a blank CD and people bought hardcopy books with cheats and walkthroughs.

Check this out:
veg.by/en/projects/nfs3/

muh nigga, best game ever, LAST LAP