/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

WARNING: DLC2 HAS BEEN DATAMINED, IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED, GO AWAY

Previous thread:

>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Heide Spear
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/156420
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>R2 with casting tools still just melees
Outside of humiliation this serves no purpose

FAT
MAN
THIGHS

>new arena at the kiln

The game is full of arenas. Give us more bosses you fucks.

THE PAINTER IS A LIAR, SHE IS KAATHE IN DISGUISE, DO NOT BE FOOLED BY HER LIES

>the pruld made a petition to be god
when did he look this good though?

Look at the size difference between her feet, it's rather noticeable.

>tfw no blue eye orb

can host attack you as blue?

So what armors did the armor weight change affect?

I've been trying to figure out how to counter that bullshit WA but it wrecks me every time

why is motion blur always funny to me.

>can host attack the person they're responsible for summoning to protect them

no

are you mad ?

How's the Farron Funsword? Did it get any AR love?

Did Curved Greatswords really need a buff? I know I didn't think so.

blue works same way in das2 no? I invaded as blue and they ganked me with lag men

Need some guidance on a DMB build. Basically just want to use buffed weapons and the new Lightning Arrow miracle. Anyone know the reqs for it?

you cannot invade as blue

>hosts could attack blues in DaS2
Oh yeah, I remember that. Why the fuck?

>Anyone know the reqs for it?
>DMB build
You need a lot of patience and time

what is cracked blue eye orb
huh
u retard

i'm only talking in regards to dark souls 3 you retard

CGS were wired. Exile was absolute, it also scaled with dex while having high str requirement. Now it is a beast str weapon, I like it.

is there any reason at all to use ultra weapons

Talking about the Lightning arrow reqs. Just need to know how many slots it takes.

ur acting like i've play the game

They're fun.
Don't you like fun?

PURGE THE

best boss to farm til sl150?

Which Ultra Greatsword should I use? Does the Zweihander compare to the ones you get later?

So now that shit has been datamined.

Are Silver Knight weapons in? Please say yes.

hence why i told you you can't invade as blue, since it doesn't work the same as das2

Guys, I killed sullivan before sending greirat to the second pillage quest, can I send him now and kill old demon king to complete it or am I fucked?

HOW FUCKING COULD YOU

then why are you talking about it?

the silver knight G.Hammer is in

losing isn't fun

i asked a question idiot.

Zwei is top tier.

If you haven't talked to Siegward, yes. If siegward fucked off from Irithyll. RIP Greirat.

Nigga, WhaT?!

That's why you git gud.

you heard me

You got your silver knight weapon, aren't you happy now?

Since the dlc is accessible from the very end of the game if you don't have AoA, do you think you should be around level 80-90 for it? I want to make a 66 str build and it's doable as a warrior with prisoner's chain, knight's ring, favor and havel.
Want to use that giant chickenwing 2.0 hammer, also I can swap out havel with hunter's ring if I want to use some of the ringed knight weapons.

>there are people here
>RIGHT NOW
>who think they're getting a key item just for dialogue

it's happened before

delet this

Remember the Ring of Betrothal?

The thing you didn't kill a boss for, was hidden in an optional area as RNG loot, and wasn't mentioned anywhere else in the game or described to have some use?

Painter explicitly says she's using it to make a magical painting, of the same kind you're currently standing inside at the time. And this was set up six months in advance. Something's going to happen.

is this a decent build for the lucerne?

I mean in 2 you got a special item and some vendrick dialouge.

I think with bloodborne you'd get some dialogue as well after beating the dlc.

Guts is the final boss of dark souls and that's it.

Who the hell is InfernoPlus and why there was a holywar in the last thread about him?

>darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Heide Spear
>100% drop chance from Heide Knight in Sinner's Rise (SotFS)

I used bonfire ascetic to try getting it because he drowned on my first time. Struggled to defeat him and he drops fucking heides gauntlets. What the fuck do I do now? How the hell can I get this goddamn spear? Can someone drop it for me on PC?

2 probably isn't your best example, each of the crowns had a use on their own and when you got them all Vendrick used them to make you immortal. So, something special happened there.

With Bloodborne, there was no key item and you just got dialogue for killing a screaming fish-man. Along with a special weapon unlike any other in the game.

I don't suppose there's anyone within SL 30 range (+3 Weapon level) that's available to help me deal with Sulyvahn?

I'm not sure if I've overlevelled for the area or what but I've seen no summons and as much as I like Anri, I've no faith in my ability to kill this guy with just NPC summons

Just another YouTuber shitting on 3 while still making content on 3. Also, apparently his patchnotes video was badly tested.

So great club is all around better now?

Is it a straight up meme weapon now

Funsword got NOTHING.
1H UGS barely changed, they got the least buff out of all of the ultras.
Farron L1s got NO CHANGE.

It's still a 500AR UGS. It's still slow as fuck with a terrible 1H moveset. It still relies entirely on its L1s. It's L1s are no longer notably faster or more useful than the standard attacks of other, higher-AR ultras.

>I used bonfire ascetic
That was your problem. They don't have guaranteed drops in NG+, only in NG.

And when you got your answer, you called the guy a retard. Last (You), cunt

Sorry, should've mentioned it's on PS4

What?
We already know that Gael's the final boss. His boss soul is in the game files and transposes two weapons at Ludleth, one of which is literally "Gael's Greatsword"

He drowned in my NG and didn't drop anything, what can I do now to get it?

I don't think anyone was questioning Gael being a boss, just that giving painter loli his juice would have some extra effect.

Farm them until you get a spear. That's all you can do, now.

Shit they still need to fix in this game

* They need to get rid of the discrepancy between online and offline play for buffs and rings.
* Fix the bug that allows you to parry Emit Force and Wrath of the Gods completely negating damage.
* Divine Pillars of Light needs a bigger radius like the Winged Knights have.
* Vow of Silence needs to last longer, 30/45 seconds instead of 10/15 seconds.
* Dead Again needs to have the damage greatly increased and needs proper indicators for online play.
* Atonement and Skull Ring don't work at all.
* Lifehunt Scythe should either do more damage or heal more. Maybe a double slash like Aldrich.
* Fire Whip should properly push them back like it did in 1 and 2.
* Firestorm and Chaos Storm need to hit more than twice or have their damage increased.
* Soul Stream needs to let you move and turn while casting like they did with Gnaw.
* Pestilent Mercury should stagger like Lifedrain Patch. People just walk through it.
* With the recent change to Blood & Poison infusions they need to make unique weapons with these properties better.
* Replace the left-hand block with light attack and make the L2 a strong attack or weapon skill.
* Chaos and Dark infusion need to be on par with Refined (C/C scaling)
* Crystal and Lightning infusion need to be on par with Heavy and Sharp (S scaling)
* Simple and Blessed infusion should just become a weakened, buffable infusion like Raw with utility still

>Drops from the spear-wielding Heide Knights in the Lost Bastille
>Drops from the spear-wielding Heide Knight in Heide's Tower of Flame (SotFS)
>hurrr durrr how do i get it

Honestly mate, if you're that desperate for the spear just restart, unless you can farm Ascetics

so how is the zweihander with the new update?

>parry Emit Force and Wrath of the Gods completely negating damage
FROOOOOOOM

Who is that on op pic?

Pls, I'm scared of getting POPE'd ;_;

pc fc?

>Fix the bug that allows you to parry Emit Force and Wrath of the Gods completely negating damage.
Those are intentional, since WoG is a story of Gwyn, anyways.

It's a little bit faster now

If you're that much of a shitter you should defiitely do that boss solo and get good

Right, guess I'll build towards this and rush everything with Hidden Body until I can get to the DLC.
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/156420

Might change Storyteller's Staff for Heretic's and take INT to 35/40 so GHSA does some damage. Depends on how beneficial the extra INT is to the dagger.

You're 20 levels and 3 more weapon upgrade level under levelled.

Most people usually do him at sl40-50 with +5/6 weapon.

>lightning arrow
So, how shit is it gonna be?

If you're good enough to make that statement, come into my world and feel free to show me up. I'll let you solo him and everything

You HAVE gotten good right user? You're not gonna go and lie on the internet are you user?

Rate my spellsword lads. The idea is to mostly be a melee char with Frostbite as a gimmick, but to also be able to use some quick sorceries on the fly. I have both the Court Sorc staff and the Candlestick because I want to be able to cast Snap Freeze with Friede's Scythe out as well as being able to go sword catalyst. Dagger is a standin for the new DLC lightsaber dagger, I forget what it's called.

>Divine Pillars of Light needs a bigger radius like the Winged Knights have
Winged Knight pillars doesn't have a bigger radius, it just centers on and tracks the player.

>Vow of Silence needs to last longer, 30/45 seconds instead of 10/15 seconds
Vow of Silence lasting too long starts to become counterproductive, since you'll have at least 30 Faith when using it and probably 40 for infusion scaling just to get some other benefit out of it.

>Dead Again needs to have the damage greatly increased and needs proper indicators for online play
Agreed, but in the meantime invade Undead Settlement with it. All the non-aggressive hollows count as player allies, meaning invaders can target, attack, kill, and explode them.

>Pestilent Mercury should stagger like Lifedrain Patch. People just walk through it
PM makes an excellent obstacle and screen in PvP. Don't use it for damage, use it to cordon off an area. Also, it doesn't hurt your allies, so you can drop it over a Warmth and claim the glowing HP locus for team asshole.

>Chaos and Dark infusion need to be on par with Refined (C/C scaling)
They already are, you fucking loon. Unless you mean decrease their scaling to C/C, which would actually make them far, far worse than Refined due to how defenses interact with weapon AR.

>Crystal and Lightning infusion need to be on par with Heavy and Sharp (S scaling)
You have no idea.

10/10

great mace is probably better

It's just a flashy lightning spear, probably does less damage but with a slightly faster projectile or something.

Low damage but the fact that you can hold and release like a greatbow for a fraction of the stamina cost, and HA cast it will make it rather useful. Also, the fact that you can use it 1H, unlike a bow, will likely allow for arrow trades to be followed up with a melee attack.

Holding a projectile for a delayed release is really useful because it greatly reduces the telegraph and react-able time.

Bollocks, really? It's been ages since I've played I completely forgot the average levels

I think I can get to about 40-45 with my saved up souls, or would I be better off just trying for it so i can do the Post Sulyvahn area in peace for once?

i can drop you

>lightning spear already doesn't deal any damage
>arrows are basically babby spears
>lightning arrow probably won't even deal extra melee damage

I'm on PC but yes I would have helped you. But the truth is Sulyvahn isn't that hard

thats what I meant when you complete all 3 dlc's you get a special item.

I guess there really isn't any precedent to go by though. 2 and 3 are the only games with multiple dlc's so anything goes really.

You can hold the spell for sick mind games™

I also heard you get a spell cast animation after rolling or running too, but have yet to see it.

>poison and toxic the invader
>cast warmth
>walk away

>i can do the Post Sulyvahn area in peace for once

Yeah do this instead. Also just saying just summon anri and gotthard, then use carthus rouge and r1 spam.
I've done this on Sl11 and survived.

A 40 fth build with two att slots could run wolnir's, flail and a buffed heavy weapon. None of them would reach minmaxed damage, but it'd at least ignore spells.

Chaos is worse than other infusions, it only feels good because most of the PvE is weak to fire. Crystal is okay but could use a buff and lightning is incredibly awful.

here we go

Should I just get out of my sl 35 build and just grind for dark moon? I've gotten 15 so far but I barely get summons as a sentinel.

i have 2m :(

I do have a few CRs, cheers for the advice man

>flail
I haven't played since AoA release, wasn't it considered shit tier?

It's already confirmed for not dealing bonus melee damage.
It does about as much as GLS at range but costs less FP than basic lightning spear, so the intended pve purpose is to be an FP-efficient source of ranged damage. Literally lightning soul arrow.