/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- A Testfire is happening from March 24 to march to March 26: youtube.com/watch?v=2QjK3uTO4mg
- Check out two of the first new stages in Splatoon 2 - Musselforge Fitness! splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/157071078564/weve-gotten-a-first-look-inside-one-of-the-new#
- As well as Urchin Amphitheatre! twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/834339250753544197

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Koyomi_Splatoon
youtube.com/watch?v=hQLsb7Zm_MI
youtube.com/watch?v=odVFD14_o_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sex with Marie!

what determines what your in game name is? the nickname or sign in id? making my account right now

Gonna have to try that out later.

So is Spla2n a day one must buy? Or is it just good and I can wait until Splatoon is completely dead before buying a Switch and Spla2n?

Every oob clip makes me wish for a more freeform single player / bigger hub. Finding paths to the levels in the overworld was one of the best parts of the campaign for me.

Do you really want to miss the Splatfests?

Friends with Octolings!

Well. The testfires are held for reasons. Finding this kind of thing being one of them.

If you're able to, might as well get out day one to be part of everything. It really is more fun when everyone's playing. If you don't have a switch then wait and see if a Splatoon bundle and/or limited edition something is released.

I am loving the Testfire. But I just realized that I've been so caught up with it that I completely forgot about my Shadowverse and Fire Emblem Heroes dailies.
I am fucked now.

Come now you had a lot of time in between.
You probably only missed like 2 orbs.

I NEED A PRO CONTROLLER NINTENDO

I CANNOT EFFECTIVELY COMPETE WITH THESE SHIT JOYCONS

Check your Wal-Marts. They were sold out everywhere about a week ago, including locally, except one single wal-mart about 20 miles from me that had EIGHT in stock. Some store will have them.

It is the best controller available right now.

is that what squidbagging is? just spam ZL?

>It is the best controller available right now.
among all current consoles and PC controllers. I should add that.

some of my friends are saying motion controls > twin sticks for precision and snap aiming

i have a pro controller

are they right?

yes

ya

What's the point of it?

being a fuckwit

Taunting

Some people jump while doing it too. Personally, I only squidbag people who squidbag me first since it's pretty distasteful.

It's Splatoon's equivalent of teabagging.

There is none.

>Still only 2 ping on the d pad
>Still can't remap control options

So what were they improving from the original again?

Yeah. It's not for wagglan, twist the controller on the spot.

Does the person who owns splatoon.ink still come here? He's gonna have to update it eventually to include!Use 2's map rotation too.

Goddamnit I hate my fucking tablet. Ignore that !Use.

Does the jetpack lay down ink as you go? If it does that'll be pretty handy for rm pushes.

this game is making me wait instead of buying a switch right now; hope there'll be a bundle or a splatoon edition

remember, if you wait too long you will miss out on all the fun!

Got probably one of the last pro controllers in Brussels, this shit is sold out everywhere around here.
I can already confirm that headshotting Lynels in Zelda with gyro is ten times easier now. Can't wait to not suck dicks in two hours.

In Japan there will be for sure.

I wouldn't be buying one this month anyways, so I might as well wait and see

Is this ermame playing?

It's from twitter.com/Koyomi_Splatoon

The picture in the lower middle says Koyomin so I'm guessing that or Koyomi is their name.

what's your favorite special so far /ink/?

imo stingray>splatdown>tentamissiles>inkjet

marie or callie faggots?

Octoling

>Can't connect e-shop

Welp, that's that I guess.

Both, because they're Top-Tier.

octavio

youtube.com/watch?v=hQLsb7Zm_MI

Looks like....a hyrdra splatling with worst control but can go through walls/infinite range?
will never be playable

T-1 hour faggots!

Both are great, but Callie is greater.

is it hard to import stuff like that? I'm european so I imagine I'd have to pay customs

Are the servers fucked for anyone? Can't even do a connection test or access the damn eshop.

So how are the motion controls in spla2n versus the ones in the original?

Marie

Maybe a little tighter, but mostly about the same to me. I think they just feel a little better because the pro controller is smaller than the gamepad.
Dunno how joycons are.

How about how you can't aim sideways with it?

If that's true then I didn't even notice.

iirc you can only tilt up or down, not sideways this time around.

i don't have a switch yet and I don't want to miss out on the global testfire. How long is it going to be up?

Seriously? That seems like a pretty weird control choice. No wonder it didn't work out when I physically turned a little to try and shoot someone behind me.

I always had trouble aiming left or right with gamepad gyro anyway, almost always used the stick, so I suppose I really wouldn't be someone who would be bothered by that.
I did up the right stick sensitivity though.

This weekend only.

I'm maining the splat bomb next hour

Less than 15 minutes

are there any good places to watch people play the testfire?

Try the internet.

What's everyone's favorite weapon set from the Testfire so far?

What do you controller sensitivity settings look like? I need to up both my gyro and the stick sensitivity for this hour.

vanilla splatty
best special so far

ITS UP

>this service is currently unavailable
LIES

You lied to me, user

YOU JUST GOT PRANKED BITCH

now!!!

NEVERMIND IT'S UP

Tie between the Vanilla splatershot and the dualies, mainly because both of their kits are really solid. worst has to be charger cuz fuck that special

If you want to watch my stream you can.
youtube.com/watch?v=odVFD14_o_Y

The Ink Curler is very very nice to use

LET'S GOOOOOOOO

Up

I suck at using it but once i get better im sure its gonna be great.

changed my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and turned the switch off and back on. No problem connecting. no error messages, nothing. Thanks for the help guys

>13/1
nice

how do i not be shit with the charger
do i need to up my x axis sensitivity?

I don't know what you're on about, I can gyro horazontally just fine

Did I found rainy or what

Splatoon 2? You can only gyro vertically.

Everything is normal but you can't use left analog to go up/down, it's tilt-only.

Are there any streams of people using the dualies, all i can find are rollers.

>172050032
fucking FUCK ME i cannot HIT ANYTHING

it's the second time i restart this and it always gets stuck when only one person is missing AAAAAAAAA

Is take michi the best splatoon artits?

>ZL+ZR
>An error has occured

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it's a little tough pulling off that oob glitch.

>Won my first match and was mvp

Yooo.

>Literally lose EVERY 1v1 engagement

Guys how am I so awful at this? I literally can't aim

>Still no ammo on hud

Ridiculous that the only way to know if you have to reload is only when youre out ammo, and they didnt change that for the sequel? wtf Nintendo

>le other console is not responding please try again later face

How

I also got that error a few times
What does that even mean.

are you using motion controls

You literally have an ammo meter on your back at all times