/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/HqInJ
mega.nz/#!4VJ3CQbZ!LCISVbGjoC4Ea3h9XzUISHXsuEpr626w92QrvuvIzNU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've seen mentions of cursed Bokoblins, Moblins and Lizalfos. What the heck are they?

Aren't those the skeleton ones?

Just like my Oglaf cartoons

They're the Bubble-like enemies that you find in the Divine Beasts, spat out by the Malice mouths. They're literally just floating Bokoblin/Moblin/Lizalfos skulls that float after you, not all that interesting.

Oh, of course. Thanks, dude.

Nope.

more importantly, where are the cursed lynels?

In the past 5 minutes I've been jumped by 4 yigas.

Should I be doing something to take out that hideout? I just went through it for the Thunderhelm. Can I take them out altogether?

What are good places to wait for the dragons to get a good shot of their horns?

>Implying Lynels can be cursed.

Those shitters fuck Ganon over. Lynels master race.

They don't stop.

no, and you don't want to

bananas are the best food in the game

Oh.

And I do have a fuckload of bananas. What should I do with them?

>Lynels aren't Ganon's minions
>They just really don't like Hylians on their property

No, you'll be jumped by bananamen for the rest of the game, but it's fine because a quick time stop and a single arrow to the face is enough to kill most of them. It would be annoying but they drop bananas and money for almost no effort so I can't be mad about it.

four bananas is enough for max-attack food

throw in a duration enhancer for the last ingredient and enjoy unlimited power

Okay, thanks. yeah they're pretty easy to beat, I was just suspicious that this was some nagging quest hint that I should be taking them on or something. But cool.

Oh shit, awesome. thanks

I need more Zelda x Trap Link

>tfw Switch has stopped connecting to internet
Welp. Send it to Nintendo?

>tfw you will never get to enjoy mipha's matured body 100 years later

I'm sure her body is somewhere in that elephant, go look for it

I've always loved barbie-doll anatomy, but still puffy nips.

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

Don't say that user

Her body was probably consumed and defiled by Ganon

>no shitty navi equivalent outside of zelda telling you when she has her period and the sheikah sensor which you can turn off or configure for things other than shrines
>but the equivalent of a chest cutscene (getting a spirit orb) takes half an hour even when you skip both cutscenes
Win some, lose some, I guess.

How to make BoTW better after you realize that durability is just a pointless meme that only serves to make you press right on the d-pad every 2 seconds and switch your equipment:

NOTE: this is for based Wii U bulls only. Switchcucks need not apply

You will need Wii U homebrew such as mocha or haxchi, but keep in mind wii u softmodding takes literally 5 minutes to set up.

1. Download TCPGecko onto your Wii U SD card and google "BOTW Trainer v3.6.2"
2. After loading your CFW of choice, load up TCPGecko with codehandler from the homebrew channel
3. Enter in your Wii U's IP into the trainer
4. Load up your inventory into the trainer and edit your weapon of preference's "Item Value" attribute to 6553500
5. Give yourself whatever amiibo exclusive armor you want to while you're here if you aren't a dollcuck but want the sick fierce deity armor
6. Enjoy playing without the "IT'S A RELEVANT MECHANIC AFTER YOU LEAVE THE PLATEAU" meme

>big mammalian mammaries on a fish

I really liked the durability mechanic.
Becoming excited when finding dragonbone clubs and flinging weapons that shatter in enemy faces is great.

hey /lozg/ do you want the sheikah slate or a sheikah slate-like tool to return to a new Zelda game or do you want regular equipment back? as in limited bombs and having different objects like rods for magnesis and bryonis etc.

>Give yourself whatever amiibo exclusive armor you want
Please be troll. I just spent $30 on nfc tags to spoof amiibos but I already have a hacked wii u.

>Hacking the game because "WAAAAHHHHH WEAPONS THAT BREAK MAKES THE GAME TOO HAAAAAARD!!!!!"
>Calling other people cucks

Are Lynels ancap?

>the fire-spitting enemy Zoras are usually called “River Zora”
>In the Oracle games, the civilised Zora note the difference between themselves, enlightened Sea-Zora, and the monstrous River-Zora
>OoT, TP, and BotW Zora actually all lived in freshwater rivers and lakes
>the only 3D Sea Zora are in Termina, which isn't even real
What did they mean by this?

Given how Lizalfos are amphibian and spit at you even when they are in the water, I'm thinking they're softly retconning River Zora to have been Lizalfos all along.

*DLC slowly drips into your Shiekah Slate*

How many fucking tags did you buy, hot damn.

Wrong image

>the only 3D Sea Zora are in Termina, which isn't even real
DELET

"air sacks"

>*DLC slowly drips into your Shiekah Slate*
I guess the distillery on the towers is also like a chest cutscene but the ones you get the runes from there's only four of and you see them all in like an hour so I think it's fine for them to be a little more dramatic since they aren't constantly interrupting the flow of gameplay. The towers I didn't notice much because it does the assassin's creed thing where it shows you a sweeping view of the area which is nice.

>Paying $30 to pirate a $19 doll
Yes you could have just used a trainer for all of it. Now you paid all that money for tags that don't even at least make for something pretty to look at on your desk.

>he thinks people don't like the durability mechanic because it "makes the game hard"
it boils down to just being pointless. you are never put into a situation where you have to actually have to save your good weapons since good gear is always readily available once you leave the plateau. i thought it was a neat feature and all but it seriously does become just an inconvenience pretty early in the game. if someone wants to remove it then that's there prerogative.

I just realised the locked shed behind Link's house is probably the outhouse.

Aren't the tags like a dollar each? He spent $30 to spoof $450 worth of low-quality dolls in that case.

>Aren't the tags like a dollar each?
Yes but you have to pay for them in packs which usually run at least $15.

Also
>paying ANYTHING when you have a softmodded console
Why?

Some people probably feel it's less cheating to scan a doll/fake doll than to just edit shit in.

Go to this spot, there´s a lynel around, kill him
Make a campfire and wait until morning
The dragon should appear in the sky coming down, if you climb the pillar you can get it eye level
If the dragon doesn´t appear right away then go south until he appears, sometimes it does that

Go to lake hylia bridge and make a campfire, wait until morning or night, the dragon should appear coming out of the water
Wait a bit and he would pass near you

>$19

Have you tried looking for LoZ amiibos online lately? They're sold out everywhere you look and scalped to fuck where they're available, most times I look the Smash Bros Link is over $50.

There´s another lynel around this place, kill him and make a campfire near the ruins until morning
The dragon will appear in the sky coming down from Mount Lanayru
Climb the rocks near the ruins and the dragon will be at eye level

All of them you just keep resting at the campfire until the next morning and they will appear again

I cannot get Naydra to spawn at any locations. I've used videos and shit and was at the same locations.. never spawns at any time. I've gotten the other 2 to spawn regularly.

Have you been to the top of Mt. Lanayru yet?

No.... I guess that was going to be the next thing I tried. because I went and took out the Zora divine beast thinking THAT was preventing the spawn.

Have you done Naydra's quest?

Bought 25 of them. Shipping added $8.

Eh, they will come in handy once I get my switch and I can always make more amiibos that aren't zelda related.

>The mating cycle is biennial, as it takes 18 months, during which time, cannibalistic behavior can occur.

>Reproduction occurs only once a year for hammerhead sharks, and usually occurs with the male shark biting the female shark violently until she agrees to mate with him

Don't stick your dick in any Zora

>hiding behind a rock and shooting lynels over and over while they wonder what the fuck is happening

Much more fun than it should be

but...there are the best looking zoras next to the oot version

>you will never playfully nibble on Mipha's ear-fins and non-existent nipples to get her in the mood

I WANT TO FUCK FI

>necrophilia

She's confirmed alive as fuck in BotW though

Ah okay, I only got 10 because my roommate had a lot of the Amiibos already.

>Light all the torches around Akkala Lab with Blue flame
>Nothing happens

God dammit, I thought there would be something there. Unless there is and I missed 1

They're just there to make it less of a pain to light the torch in early game when it rains every 5 mins

That's a big horse.

Yeah, I knew thats what the were for, but thought they might have hidden something there.

Oh well, looks pretty at night now I guess

But ALBW had a river Zira waifu. You telling me I rescued a Lizalfos?

That's what you're going with and not the fact that she's a sword?

the sword talks to zelda

4u

m.imgur.com/a/HqInJ
Drawfag, got a blog or pixiv?

Do you plan to do more with Paya?

Das racist. It's like if you used chimp facts as a reference for humans.

>Rito exist
>Koroks exist
so this is in the Adult timeline after Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks, right?

No and I'm going to punch you in the cunt

nah

why not?

>mfw someone brings up the zelda timeline

how do you guys deal with the flying guardians?
I can't fucking parry them to death because they sway around so much the laser doesnt hit them in the eye and does minimal damage.

I run

Shoot the copter things, they break like the legs of the walking guardians.

Decision time

OoT or TP link set

Which should I upgrade?

Master Sword beam their rotors

Haven't played ALBW (is it good?), got a picture?

Only Zora region and the center left.
Almost.

D O ▲ W N ▲ F A ▲ L L

Well shitposting aside, I propose an alternative to convergence: “Schrödinger's Timeline”
Rather than being officially a convergence or blend of the official timelines, the backstory is such that you can find arguments for BotW being part of any one (but not all three) timelines—there's some contradictions but supporting evidence for each of the three.
Thus, BotW's timeline is a volatile superposition of all three. If Nintendo releases any more lore, these will collapse into one canon timeline, eliminating the other possibilities. Until then, everyone can craft their own theories and they will all be equally valid and invalid.

Okay I finally got all seeds but now I'm missing some of the named locations on the map, is there somewhere with a list of them or am I gonna have to wander around hoping to find them?

>7 ingredients in a pot

this is almost as bad as off-center right butt cheek paya papaya

The scan of the completion map should have them, no?

Is that in the guide somewhere? I have that downloaded but didn't see anything like that in the table of contents

It was a separate, foldable map included with the guide.
Check the archive, there should be a MEGA link which was posted several times with the link to the guide. I don't have it written down.

Yes, that's the point. Weapons aren't supposed to be rare loot in this game. They want you to use whatever you get as soon as you get it.

>it smells pretty bad
Legit thought the "golden shit" was just a meme. completionists absolutely btfo by nintendo.

Okay thanks! I'll take a look then

The only timeline with undeniable evidence is adult, except it also absolutely can't be adult because the great sea eventually dried up and Old Hyrule was exposed. It's CD-i.

My headcanon is that sometime after OOT the Sea Zoras left Hyrule and the ones that stayed behind eventually evolved into River Zoras, and then into Rito thousands of years later.

Then the Sea Zoras came back more evolved to have the multiple shark and whale-like forms in BotW.

One of the best Zelda games, IMO.

>except it also absolutely can't be adult because the great sea eventually dried up and Old Hyrule was exposed
If the great sea dries up, then BotW has no issue taking place much later in the adult timeline.

mega.nz/#!4VJ3CQbZ!LCISVbGjoC4Ea3h9XzUISHXsuEpr626w92QrvuvIzNU
Found it, for anyone else who may want it

I never had an issue with the durability...but i'm a weirdo who barged into hyrule castle nude right after leaving the pleatu and went back there over and over to restock on weapons.

What's CD-i?