Why do Ford vee-ate's sound like hot ass? It's like hearing a ripping fart go through a trombone

Why do Ford vee-ate's sound like hot ass? It's like hearing a ripping fart go through a trombone.

they don't though. ford is also objectively better than dodge for performance

Overhead cams

This is a thread about exhaust sound. Fords sound awful and Dodge exhaust sounds 99x better.

What?

The 4.6L and 5.0L v8's sound better than mopar or shevy shit with liter and a half of more displacement.

In particular the 5.7 sounds like absolute garbage.

>subjective opinion
dodge is still inferior when it comes to performance. sperg more.

Are you from Brooklyn or Queens, OP?

Why do you ask?

>performance
>ford

the only performance you have is a $500k car

GM has you beat in that category at the same price point.

Also, 90% of people who buy these cars never take them to the track, so what do your bench racing get you?

A fart-can V8, too big to be a proper sports car, not big enough to fit more than 2 adults.

Because I took out my coyote mustang today on the BQE and 495W and revved on a bunch of challengers with my Roush exhaust. Wondering if you're one of them kek

>gm has your beat in that category
no? they don't?

I meant the price point of the Challenger/Camaro/Mustang, stop being obtuse.

nice damage control

Gentle reminder that a 5.2L Ford engine makes 75 more horsepower than a chebby does in 6.2L heh.

this will cause a trigger

But it's slower

Coyote sounds better than any Dodge (Fiat) v8.

Thats not whats in question you literal autismo.

>Muh horsepower
Challenger is a muscle car, it relies more on torque than horsepower. Mustang is a pony car and it still costs more than a challenger as far as base v8 is concerned.

the worst sound is that buzzy rotary engine shit

it sounds like chinese metal farting

That's because the base V8 of a challenger has as much horsepower as a decent V6. Not to mention the fact that it's literally a highway barge so the only benefit you'll get is hearing (barely) your shitty engine while G37's walk you all day lol

To even get into real performance with dudge you'll need to get a 392 hemi for $50,000+, and even with that youll still get your shit pushed in with a bone stock Camaro SS and a lightly modified GT mustang (both of which will run 10-15,000 less.
Not to mention it being an unreliable FCA rattletrap.

Double overhead cams

Show me an N/A V6 that makes 375hp. The only 6 pot I remember making that kind of power was the 4.0 TVR.

>neither GM or Dodge has a $500k car

LOL DAMAGE CONTROL

You know what I meant or you're one dense dumbfuck.

But they sound better than Dodges Op

Any v6 with over 300 horsepower and weighs 500 pounds less than that shitty yacht will murder R/T's all day.

Man. I swear to god the goal
Post was right here like five minutes ago. Now it's over there. Astonishing.

>N/A V6
Woah gotta keep those goal posts moving

>ford engine exploding
>GM transmissions exploding

>dodge is a rattletrap

Also, R/T 392 is $40k, not $50k.

Delusion, not just a river in Uganda.

>That's because the base V8 of a challenger has as much horsepower as a decent V6.

So silly of me. I now realize that forced induction was implied.

You can get a brand new scat pack for less than 40k and it has the same 6.4 liter as the SRT 392. It's literally the same engine.

You're acute;)

not him but.. What? Link...

Why do v8 fags always think stuff sounds like literal farts or shits?
Scat fetish much

oh staph it

Seems almost common around these parts.

>MSRP for a base R/T 392 is 40k.

Anyone with two sides of a working brain can get it for lower than that out the door.

I got mine for $38k and it was $41k MSRP.

Just go to the Dodge website and build one. MSRP on the Scat Pack with no additional options is like 38k. It comes with the exact same 6.4 liter SRT engine as the SRT 392. That's a fucking steal for that much power.

Holy shit are you fucking gay or something

Wow that's great powe-

>4200lbs for a challenger

Well fuck it, I like the look of the new chargers anyw-

>4400lbs

nah nigga. nah.

I'll admit the price is good for the power, but a 1SS has only about 20 less horsepower, yet weighs like 500 less pounds. Plus it's cheaper, and looks better. No brainer.

Camaro looks like a hotwheels.

WHAT'S THE CATCH

What's the difference between a 392 scat pack and an SRT 392... because the monetary difference is significant.

man, my gutted 96 mustang with a 5.3 swap would smoke the fuck out of that pig

> Relies more on torque

Please learn a thing or two about engines bfore posting

Scat pack is stripped. SRT is loaded.

SRT the one thing you can't get on an R/T 392 is the adjustable suspension and the Laguna leather seats.

Good for you, my R/T 392 can fit 3 people comfortably for a road trip along with all their luggage.

Yes and no, see above.

Not him, but options IMO. If you get the scat pack fully loaded you might as well just get the SRT, it costs close to the same. But I think the whole point of the scat pack is being able to get that much power for that cheap. Get it in manual without the sound system and the fancy cooled seats without all the new high tech e-nannies, without all the bullshit that rightfully has no place in a throwback muscle car and you can get a beast of a car for cheap.

So scat pack is basically the SRT Engine but with less frills and an R/T badge?

Yes, and if you go for the dynamics package, you have the same brakes/wheels as an SRT without the added weight or price from the adjustable suspension.

Interesting.

Why on earth would anyone go for the SRT-8 now aside from wanting to say they have an SRT-8?

I mean I guess if they have the means and really want the creature comforts I can see it but honestly the Scat pack sounds like it'd be the way to go in terms of dollar for dollar performance.

That feel when 1SS has adjustable suspension on the Camaro and it costs like 16k less than an srt lol

Same reason the T/A exists. Either creature comforts or just special appearance.

Yeah, but for 20 grand I get 230hp more.

If I were gonna spend $40-45,000 on a car for power, it would be a low-mileage 2013/2014 shelby GT500 owned by some rich old geezer who took it out on the weekends during the warm months.

650hp and 630 torque with minimal nanny computers and other garbage. Also a 200mph max speed which is fucking insane for the price. It 2 relatively usable back seats, unlike a corvette.

That's the Hellcat, not the SRT-8 392 which is what I was talking about.

Can you get a T/A with the scatpack? I admit I'd only want that for appearances like you said but I loved the old T/As.

This.

Derge sounds better than Ferd but both lack in comparison to the glorious Chebby.

But the exhaust sounds like hot farting ass.

>all of the crs ITT are slower to 60 than this

How can ICE cucks compete

By building the Demon? I agree it's fucking stupid, but so is measuring 0-60 in THE CURRENT YEAR

i can go 150 miles on a tank and get to 60 in 3.6 more than a few times.

Despite the challenger being fat, it still looks and rides the best out of the big 3.

It's called the T/A 392.

>tfw can't buy Dodge cars in Australia
God the Dodge Challenger looks so fucking nice. I want one

Doesn't the tesla have like 600miles of range?

that's like 3x what my mx-5 used to get.

>Doesn't the tesla have like 600miles of range
On the trailer of a truck, sure

>you will never startle a group of abos with the sound of a ute 392

I feel ya man. I would buy a Holden Ute SS right fucking now if the US would sell them.

Ls1 here ur taste is hot shit muh doods

I can smoke the fuck out of any vee-ate in my 2000 EK hatch with a couple of simple mods.

If you're hammering it, you'll be lucky to get 150.

BRAAAAP PBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRT BRAAAAAAAAAP PBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRT
BRAAAP PBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRTPBRT

How much horsepower are you making, and to which set of wheels is it going to?

I'm making 448 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be.

>he drives a fiat

The engine also weighs over 100lbs more with a higher centre of gravity. The unit is also noticibly larger than an LS3 as well.

>[fart noises in the distance]
>[police sirens in the distance]
>[jap shit-can getting crushed in the distance]

Only performance metric worth a shit in high end cars is 0-150-0.

You're literally autistic. Why not compare a fucking motorcycle or a modified Honda while you're at it? No one is claiming the 392 is some god beater against modified cars you moron. There are probably Civics out there that would walk you while you were still trying to find a gear but that's not the point anyone except you was making.

The T/A is available with more than just the 392.

You're a retard

Because mustangs are the definition of all bark no bite