/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

"What's the point anymore?" edition

BugTrap, CTD, freeze or lockup? Find your crash log.

Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name]_log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv

>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw

>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM

>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400

>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.
Here's a possible fix: mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
youtube.com/watch?v=gfaFXvTviRI
moddb.com/mods/in-spite-of-the-death
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-weapons-sounds-for-stcop
pastebin.com/aTuEFRfq
moddb.com/mods/stalker-com/addons/alkiroths-com-overhaul
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous thread:

First for why did you fucks let it die

never ever
youtube.com/watch?v=gfaFXvTviRI

How long have you stalkers been in the zone?

soon

there better be an fov command

only a few months

What is this? Looks pretty cool.

Seconding this.

from the video desc
vk [dot] [com] [slash] sv3_project

In spite of the death 3 moddb.com/mods/in-spite-of-the-death

cute

Why does CRC not connect? I have it running for about 20 minutes and still nothing?

Thanks

CoM keeps crashing, only using compatiable addons

* Creating new game...
* Loading spawn registry...
ERROR: trc_sim_14 Wrong smatr_terrain respawn_params section [respawn@trc_sim_14] prop [spawn_psy_dog](there is no section)
wrong condlist
ERROR: rad_pseudodogs Wrong smatr_terrain respawn_params section [respawn@rad_pseudodogs] prop [spawn_controller](there is no section)
* 17698 spawn points are successfully loaded
ERROR: trc_sim_14 Wrong smatr_terrain respawn_params section [respawn@trc_sim_14] prop [spawn_psy_dog](there is no section)
wrong condlist
ERROR: rad_pseudodogs Wrong smatr_terrain respawn_params section [respawn@rad_pseudodogs] prop [spawn_controller](there is no section)
! [SCRIPT ERROR]: ...call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\game_relations.script:301: attempt to call global 'alife_object' (a nil value)

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression :
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : ..\xrServerEntities\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 189
[error]Description : fatal error
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ...call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\game_relations.script:301: attempt to call global 'alife_object' (a nil value)

stack trace:

0023:00B5717C xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fatal()
0023:09600090 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::operator=()
0023:05192CCD luabind.beta7-devel.rc4.dll, luabind::detail::overload_rep::call()
0023:606B75EE lua51.dll, lua_rawget()
0023:095E943A xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::operator=()
0023:606B266D lua51.dll
0023:73EDDE29 MSVCR120.dll, type_info::operator==()
0023:0519C2EE luabind.beta7-devel.rc4.dll, luabind::detail::implicit_cast()
0023:0964A5C8 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::operator=()

Are there any lightweight reshades for coc? I tried old dream reshade and it looks dumb. Not sure if reshades work with dx9 static lighting either. Old dream did but not sure about others.

Mod for SoC that adds new weapons?

something is not right with an addon which interferes with relations or alife

Too bad I have no idea which it is

Used STCoM, outfit addon for it, some shitty tweaks and autism

>some shitty tweaks

yeah because I'm a fucking cunt

did you install anything that changes spawns? like maybe that desolation by axebeard?

That was one addon I did not even look at. I do not use it.

>Tfw no strong stalker bf to keep me warm in my tent at night

Immersion ruined

also it could be OA if you have the latest stcop patch

Just kill a bloodsucker and you got your sex doll

svoboda ways

Just kill yourself and all such problems will disappear

Recommend a play through to do on COC with AO...Bored and I wanna play a shot game.

take a shot every time someone says stcop is better than AO

stcop is better than AO

is posible to run the both addons?

how fucking new are you?

yes but you need a special OWR compatibility patch

desu all weaponpacks are meh and need tweaking

of course but stcop is still king, followed by the duke of original weapons and at the bottom is the filthy autism overhaul

what about weapongoulash?

goulash is the unrecognized bastard son of stcop and ao
a people's favorite for a while but his shot at the throne is long past

Hey, any way for me to be able to spawn items in AA 2.1? I can't seem to get debug mode working(if there even is one)

And no, before you ask, I'm not planning on fucking cheating. It's for research purposes. I'm trying to make small tweaks to the guns .ltx files to really understand how the mechanics work and what exactly makes them tick.

So far I've been able to get the sig p220 to fire 9x18 as a test to see if ammo affects the visual recoil(the sig has an assload of recoil. I love it), but it didn't and I haven't been able to touch the recoil animation itself.

neither of the technicians can gib this upgrade

halp

it's bugged no help for you

Is there a way to disable the grey scale in coc, short of using a reshade? My laptop can't handle that.

Has anyone tried Warfighter? Does it really help with bulletspongy NPCs?

> disable the grey scale

??

I'm new to the series fellow stalkers, and I'm burning trough my armour pieces at exceptionally high speed.
Is there a way to repair used weapons and armors without needing a mod?

in soc no

by making every ammo there is retardedly powerful, yes.

Yes

use it

In SOC you can only repair armor if you get four of any of the +30 artifacts and jump into the anomaly they negate. Other than that, no.

If you have ZRP, you can enable the repeair mod (Captain Ivantsov at the Bar and Screw at Army Wharehouses are the only two mecanics, so you won't have access to neither until after Agroprom).

Fuck me then

I've been reading how the author made the damage models, does it really match the visuals?

The way he presented the values, limb shots are shit, and for an oponent with heavy armor, bodyshots are the best shot (unless they have shitty helmets).

Well fuck
Gotta start stockpiling spare armors in my staches then

So I found all 3 toolkits and veles detector without leaving Cordon after 9h ingame, is it normal or should I start over again? Playing as a Loner in CoC 1.4.22

You're too lucky in this playthrough. You must start a new one.

You actually managed to find basic toolkits? Wow, I'm quite surprised. I can find expert and advanced toolkits but the basic ones are nowhere. The stash gods favored you this time around I guess.

fug
well the basic ones I found in a reward stash, advanced and expert in unmarked stashes, this time i'm playing without itemsoup so this could be te reason of my luck

I have to play on static lighting. Don't know if there is a way to make the colors not so washed out. It looks like a grey filter covers everything.

I think there is no fog on static lightning so it ma be it, this grey scale, maybe post screenschot

So I'm using owr with lt's owr patch and I'm changing the iron sight scope_fov_zoom to 83 because I play on 83 fov. It cuts the ads zoom by about half, which I'm happy with.
I was wondering the math behind scopes though. If a scope zooms to x1.5 (fn 2000) how would I figure out the scope_fov_zoom?

I mean to match it up with my current config.

I've been playing with the options and just turned up contrast one notch. It looks better. I think it's just shitty static lighting. Thanks though.

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-weapons-sounds-for-stcop

WE COD NAO

inb4 CTD

This fucking guy

>best209
he is a kid or just a bit of tard?

So I tried out CoC out today along with a few mods. I end up crashing whenever I talk to non-trader npc's like squad commanders and guards. I was using CRC, stcop+patch, and immersive fast travel.

quicksave1.scop'
CALifeStorageManager_save START FINISHED
~ Can't capture screen while in windowed mode...
stack trace:

0023:69CA6195 lua51.dll
0023:69CA761F lua51.dll, lua_rawgeti()
0023:052841EB xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IgnorePause()
0023:0527F7AC xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IgnorePause()
0023:0528127D xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IgnorePause()
0023:04FF591C xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::operator=()
0023:054039DA xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IR_UIOnKeyboardHold()
0023:05403B90 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IR_UIOnKeyboardHold()

just look at his comments

non-english speaker, so the broken english makes him seems like it does.

but this really means nothing he is usually polite at least on moddb comments.

>immersive fast travel

probably that

>Country: Algeria

I was also using Warfighter, but this seems like a likely culprit since the fast travel mod page has a similar comment with an error like mine.

I'm getting a crash when putting on the bandit nbc outfit from outfit addons on Call of Misery
something about not being able to open actor_hud_bandit_seva

it's an error with hands. either you screwed up the installation or there's a problem with OA

Absolute Nature / Structure or Photorealistic Zone 2.1?

Complete

something you are using overwrote your actor.ltx file from outfit addon

find out what, and why.

you can add this to

gamedata\configs\creatures\actor.ltx

[actor_hud_bandit_seva]:actor_hud
visual = dynamics\weapons\wpn_hand\wpn_hand_bandit_seva

but you may crash with another similar error.
so i suggest you compare the one from outfitt addon that you used for your setup to the one that is currently in your gamedata folder

how would I go about fixing this then?
I'm guessing it has something to do with actor.ltx?

do you have only OA installed?

Stcop
outfitaddon
alkiroth
smurth dynamic hud

breh

>smurth dynamic hud

Does smurth cause a big problem with stuff like this?

>Smurth's
>for CoM

Not to mention it's not that good of a mod, CoM does everything it does and better.

PRZ 1
PRZ 2 is garbage

Welp, how do I go about fixing this mess?

delet
>smurth dynamic hud
and restore the files it replaced

If you are using JSGME it's piss easy. Otherwise, I'd say copy everything in order again.

Well, thanks guys, I'll get to doing that, guess I should have payed more attention to what I was doing.

Alkiroth's CoM Overhaul
(for CoM + STCoM + OA)

Version 2.0 released!

>What's new?
- Every change from 1.9.1 ~ 1.9.4
- More tuning to the allowed loot for stashes.
- (Optional) Loot 2.0: Adjusted the stash roll logic. If stashes bore you, give it a try (effects only apply to newly found stashes).

The Loot 2.0 module was honestly a huge pain in the ass to make as I could easily rape the game's balance if I wasn't careful. In the end I think I did a decent job, though I expect you guys to be the judges of that.

More details at:
pastebin.com/aTuEFRfq

>What the fuck is this?
A tweak compilation I've been working on to enhance the CoM experience without ruining the existing balance, or so I've tried.
Not for everyone as it makes the game easier (less full of bullshit in my opinion).

>What about my current playthrough?
If you are already using STCoM + OA you can try the mod without any worries whatsoever, and if you find it doesn't suit your tastes you can remove it without compromising your saves.
However, if you're using Axebeard's Tweaks or any other mod that messes with the same files then you'll have to either merge them, install only those that do not conflict or just ignore this mod altogether.

>Alright, where do I get it?
moddb.com/mods/stalker-com/addons/alkiroths-com-overhaul

Last but not least, feedback is GREATLY appreciated.

Nice, stashes were kind of batshit, this should be interesting.

Since your future plans imply you have at least a decent grasp of the quest system coding, have you thought about unfucking the janky as fuck drx shit in CoM?

Off the top of my head, the drx "questline" quests fuck up your dialogue options with the quest giver while they're active (you can't ask for normal dynamic jobs if you're in the middle of a quest task), and of course its missing the job cancellation function that was added an eternity ago.

I hadn't really thought about it, but now that you mention it I too remember being angry sometimes at the way DoctorX's quests were handled.
I'll take a look at his code and see what I can come up with, but in the meantime I got my hands full with my established plans. To be honest though, this should be something that the CoM team (or guy?) should be fixing instead.

I'm also taking my sweet time with the faction patches because, though I'm confident I can throw some quests here and there to solve the problem, I thought a much better way to go about it would be to implement something akin to the system for delivering PDA's.

Why?

PRZ2 is a mess of resized/sharpened vanilla textures, completely new HD textures that lose the asthetic of the textures they replace.

And most of the textures have bumpmaps applied on them that don't actually match at all.

Can I have the link for PRZ 1? Can't seem to find it. Also, oddly, the MEGA archive isn't loading for me.

Search the SOC repository under Eye Candy.

>And most of the textures have bumpmaps applied on them that don't actually match at all.

kek, does the dev/devs know this?

MEGA is dead for me. Doesn't load at all :\

I would suppose he does.

Most mods don't mess with bumpmaps too much.

Even Photorealisitc Zone Creatures has only a handful of custom made bumpmaps applied to many NPC meshes.

Only a handful really match the visuals.

I've been trying for a year now to make at least vanillaish bumpmaps for each unique vanilla npc, but I've hit a wall on all of the Monolith and Freedom models beacause of stupid cammo patterns.

>but I've hit a wall on all of the Monolith and Freedom models beacause of stupid cammo patterns.

??
because of the specular maps?