Red pill me on Hyundai, /o. How are they in terms of reliability compared to Toyota for example...

Red pill me on Hyundai, /o. How are they in terms of reliability compared to Toyota for example? Are they complete pieces of shit or are they good cars? Why do they depreciate so fast?

>Red pill me

Go back to your shithole please

It's open in a neighbor tab.

It's good in my opinion, my mom just rolled rolled a trouble free 100k miles in her Sonata NF and she just does oil, filters and brakes if they get too shitty.

They are reliable, long warranties, dealerships will generally do whatever you ask under warranty, and Hyundai corporate will go above and beyond to fix anything that can go wrong if one major part breaks. They are cheap on gas, they have good power compared to other cars in their classes, and they're naturally aspirated with a regular automatic or manual transmission, none of that CVT shit. They also ride decently well and have better steering than the Toyotas.

It depends on what he Hyundai you're cross shopping with which Toyota.

Camry and Sonata? Get Camry.
RAV4 and Tucson? Get Tucson.
Elantra and Corolla? Get Elantra.

Tell us which ones you're looking at.

go back

Then close this one and only browse the other one

>Get
>Camry

Yes, the Camry will have a nicer interior than the Sonata, and a better infotainment system, plus better wheels if you get the SE or the XSE packages. The Sonata only gets better if you're going for fully loaded, but for low to medium trims the Camry is nicer.

Solid advise here. I'm a proud owner of a 2014 elantra sport. It's been a good car so far, almost got a corolla but I'm glad I didn't. Was much cheaper than the corolla, had way more features, and still has tons of warranty left as I just passed 30k miles. I have only had 1 thing fixed under warranty so far. The LED strip on one of the headlights went out but I'm 90% sure that was because I accidentally dropped it while taking out the headlight to change the bulbs, but they replaced the whole assembly anyway, no questions asked.

>drive Camry
>floor accelerator
>nothing happens

I have a Camry and I'll have you know when I floor the accelerator nothing happens if it's at the low end of the RPM hemisphere but if I'm keeping it in those higher RPMs the Camry can throw you back in your seat and even give you a tough time controlling it at above 100 mph. And before you ask, yes, I've gone above 100 mph in a Camry and lived.

is it worth getting one of those buffers or should i just stick to using a pad by hand? I don't want to fuck my paint up

Buy/lease?

1 exhaust tip per cylinder always gets me. Now the FRS and Camry are going to have quad exhausts as well. My 12 years old Toyota has one exhaust for 6 cylinders

Tbqh, they are the only ones that who actually put effort into their cars these days

But without any racing pedigree or real performance cars, people still don't take them seriously. But with their new N performance division and having top notch engineers on board, that might change.

But they are still shit for taking the v6 out of the sonata

I think they're pretty fucking reliable, maybe not toyota tier, but up there with jap cars.

Build quality and shit is quite good but not spectacular. And they depreciate quickly because of people like you who don't trust hyundai as a brand yet.
They haven't built the reputation of Corolla or Civic yet. Although the i30 has a stellar reputation and holds its value pretty well.

Meh I kind of agree, but it does just look better.

what's the big difference between sport and limited?

Forgot Veeky Forums was a lefties-only board

Sport has 2.0gdi engine that has about 30 more hp. Limited has a few more luxury features like heated rear seats. There's a ton of small things but those are the main differences.

>obvious M-sport knockoff
Is the Korea the new Japan of copying other brands, now that Japs are going insane with their own designs?

that's true. That elantra looks pretty good. Way better than a corolla or camry anyway

I drive a '14 accent GL hatch as a DD

Pros:
>Smooth suspension
>Most co operative, forgiving manual transmission ever (can start in third)
>Decently equipped
>Runs on fumes
>Very affordable as stick
>7 year warranty
>Great sound system
>Climate control
>Those plastic window thingies that reduce wind noise

Cons
>Underpowered
>Chrome colored plastic
>Leather patterned plastic
>Plastic colored plastic
>No optional leather
>Sneaky suspicion that "climate control" is just an normal a/c with a fancy display screen

Overall I paid 11,000 CAD for a fully loaded 2014 with 19,000 km (bout 10k miles) on the clock and a bumper to bumper warranty until 2021. For the car I got at the price I paid I'd be crazy not to

Its named after a corner on their home test track, you retarded cunt

Kys nigger

Pretty much this, the only major downside today is that they are either buttfuck ugly or generic looking, they are not "fun" cars too, it's purely utilitarian.
They used to be utter piece of junk so most people still have a poor opinions of them but it's slowly evolving (thanks to their campaign about 7 years warranty).

>Tfw 2 tips for 5 cylinders

Not sure if I should be proud or a upset

I kinda like the Accent desu. I considered getting one. It's cute. It's a lukewarm hatch at best but for the price it's worth it. Really reliable.

2015 Genesis I had for a couple years was plagued with some weird electrical bugs.

More than once the headlights simply turned off when it should have activated the auto brights but would not come back for several seconds, on dark country roads.

The transmission would also randomly redline at like third gear for several seconds before slamming violently into fourth. Overall it was a car built by autistic Korean engineers, some of whom probably browse this very board, who focused on really weird shit no one would notice.

>Tbqh, they are the only ones that who actually put effort into their cars these days

Except the Japs can somewhat style a car, Korean cars still look like shit to utilitarian garbage.

Bought a 2016 Veloster turbo and have had nothing but issues with the DCT. I regret buying it every single day.

That's what you get for buying an auto you dumbass

What? Nigga, you can't be fucking serious

The carolla, civic and sentra all look like shit when compared to the elantra

>Chrome colored plastic
>Leather patterned plastic
>Plastic colored plastic
gave me a good laugh

That's sad.

I really like the way the G80 looks, especially the Sport. And the depreciation on these things is glorious.

I see one in my future.

I manual shift mine and pretend to use a clutch on my N/A

Do you let you're car roll back a bit on stops so people think you drive manual?

Yeah and i rev it up to 4-5 RPM to make some noise on every shift. it keeps me more focused when i drive too.

I do the same shit user.

Love throwing it in neutral at stoplights and letting it roll forward a bit.

It shows our automotive mastery afaic.

orange ain't bad i got yellow

Yellow was too bright for me but I still like it better than all the boring colors.

Who would look at all the design details of the Veloster and then pick silver paint? Or black paint.

That's True although its better not to get the Yellow since they dont have a turbo model for it.

I think they'll be a serious catch in a year or two. The 3.8 ain't half bad. The awd system if you go that route actually fucking sucks in the snow though. Winter tire memes aside a good awd system can rape snow, this one has no idea what it's doing.

UK bro here, first car was a 2012 veloster (non turbo due to insurance cost).

Had it since late 2015 and I still love the thing, lacks on power when compared so some other cars on the road but I love driving it. Had no issues at all.