Where , How & who brain washed your fragile young mind to believe this was the "ultimate"?

Where , How & who brain washed your fragile young mind to believe this was the "ultimate"?

For many years it was.

Please dont dance around the question, user.

How did he dance around the question?
>formerly great sports team turns to shit
>why did anyone ever think they were good?!
Probably because they used to be good would be my guess.

When they used to be able to back up their claims with hard evidence.

too close to home user

>Uses a racekar that shares nothing in common with the actual production model, except the bodyshell as an example

>ultimate driving machine

This

They are mediocre when all you beemer fags insist they were the "best"

Whenever beemer cucks refer to when BMW was the "Ultimate" is also the same time as all the great japanese classics, the supra, the rx7, the silvia, the skyline, the nsx, the ae86.
Those are cars that are actually still in popular demand and continuing to appreciate in value, while all the BMWs from that era are just disintegrating in a scrap yard while the UV rays pummle thier susceptable plastics.
Theres really only one BMW that's a decent collectible from the "ultimate" era and thats the m3 e30.

First time I drove an e46. Yeah its flawed and its got no torque, but the driving experience is great. They're not the ultimate, and they've certainly fallen from grace, but they used to be fun cars to drive.

Haw is emptying out your wallet on frivilous plastic parts every three years, fun?
Crumbling windsheild trim, collapsing dangling interior fabrics, the worst cooling systems and suspension bushings.
The worst electrical engineering on the planet next to mercedes which is equally as horrible and awful.
Horrible suspension ball joints, Linkages.
Bait Motor Werks for unfuckable weebs who think its gonna get them laid.

Who says I was talking about the production model?

But I can as well if you like.

Kek
Yeah saabs are made of jets or whatever........
You brainwashed cuck you!

No no, I'm not arguing that. The maintenance costs are ludicrous. I know the e46 even had a recall for engine bearings. I'm talking about actually driving the thing. It feels great. I haven't liked the more recent cars that I've driven, but like I said, they used to be better. It's all about what you prefer for your driving experience.

Good thing other car manufacturers made enjoyable cars to drive that arent so reliably engineered to fail.

Claus Luthe was a God. Everything he touched, devised or designed is solid gold. By the e46 his influence had lessened and Bangle wrecked everything since.

by watching kids kill themselves in them

Hey, at least its not as bad as the front suspension of Audis

>M3
>fastest sedan in America

Were Americans even trying?

One of my first cars, out handle everything else I had driven, even for being a beat to shit 80's BMW

They only had the SHO at the time to compete with it, and it had a jap engine.

The Big 3 used to do it all the time. Their "stock" cars they raced in NASCAR were anything but.

I can smoke the fuck out of any BMW in my 2000 EK hatch with a couple of simple mods.

>anti-BMW autist is STILL posting

>245 hp for the base model
>RWD
>nice, understated interior (unlike the cringey as fuck Mercedes interiors)
>still comes with a stick

Honestly I'd love to own a car that has all these qualities that's not driven by everyone and their grandmother, but they're the only car company that still offers all these things. Everything else is either overdesigned, FWD, or automatic. An Audi A/S 4/5 might be nice too though for all the reasons I mentioned.

Show me another car that did this... oh wait.

Dont even get me started on the interchangeability between BMW parts for different models. I.E. E28 diffs can fit in Z3s or Drivelines from X car can be used in Y car when Y car has an Engine/Trans from car Z. Etc.

BMW is GOAT when you properly maintain them and know how to drive.

BMW Z3 with S54 (2001-2002 or the last 2 years of the Z3M) still hovering around $60k aka a $20k markup over MSRP.

BMW E36 M3 LTW and E46 M3 CSL $75k-$175k.

BMW E30 M3 $30k- $200k

What was that about not holding their value?

>BMW E30 M3 $30k- $200k
$170,000 fluctuation in price for the same car.
Proof beemer fags have no idea what the fuck they are buying or doing.

audi are cucks

Ok I have never raged so hard at an ignorant flamboyant trollop disgusting turd of a BMW fanboy like you.

Bmw interior is absolute garbage tier that looks like Mazda.

Mercedes blows the fuck out of bmw interior wise. Pic related

Lets see... Evo 2 with a production of 600 units compared to the standard production run of cars. Also 20k typically being for a rust bucket with non original S14 motor. Its kinda like how an E36 M3 will go for 5k-20k depnding on price condition and miles, and an E36 LTW will go for $75k-$150k

Its like you dont understand supply and demand at all, what are you retarded?

>the same car

No you ret

This interior a shit
If you wanted to make a point you should have shown the interior of the E Class

You faggots are trying to compare a standard street car to a full on tv seen on tv driven by colin McCrea race car.
Im sure theres some subaru Impreza that has been drivin by a racing legend that are worth 170,000$ as well but im not a big enough stupid faggot to try and reference that in an argument about the value of a car in question.
So as you can see now you faggots are the fucking retards for trying to pass off conveluted , manipulated beemer fag propaganda like that shit.
KYS.

E30 M3 Evo2 is a standard car you kuck, so is the E36 LTW and E46 CSL. They are just weight saving Varients of the same car. Fucking jesus you really are an autist. If you want to talk about race cars, lets talk about the 10 E46 M3 GTRs that were produced, which were a whopping $250k out of the factory.

Im comparing apples to apples you tard. You just keep saying the apples cant be green, they have to be red. Let me guess, you are a liberal snowflake? Cant handle the facts so you gotta change the game rules to make yourself always win?

Since we are talking about cars we'll never drive now.
The lexus LFA is a standard car as well and it costs like 300,000$ dollars so if we apply your logic to that it is a much better car than any of your euro craps.
Ironically enough the LFA is a much better car than any of your faggot euro memes.

So you start the argument saying that BMWs from a specific era dont hold their value. Now you are talking about a relatively new car and its value?

Good job scrapping the bottom of the barrel there buckaroo.

And I have driven most of these cars. Ive driven 4 E30 M3s, 2 Z3Ms (one an S54, the other an S52) 1 E46 CSL. Havent had the opportunity at an E36 LTW yet but I will eventually.

Come back when you actually get a grip on reality and the semantics you are trying to argue you fucking retard.

no one brainwashed me. bmw: ultimate dickhead machine

Incase you forgot.

>Whenever beemer cucks refer to when BMW was the "Ultimate" is also the same time as all the great japanese classics, the supra, the rx7, the silvia, the skyline, the nsx, the ae86.
Those are cars that are actually still in popular demand and continuing to appreciate in value, while all the BMWs from that era are just disintegrating in a scrap yard while the UV rays pummle thier susceptable plastics.

This sperg is actually having the opposite effect of what he intends, I'm pretty sure people come away from these threads liking bmw

Wow its amazing to see someone miss a point that much.
But you sure can regurgitate those same 3 modles of bmw they made 300 of.
Not to mention you basically ignoring the fact that despite getting a stupid feture like a carvon fiber roof panel and a piece of bmw cardboard in the trunk your still stuck with the most inferior cooling sustems and suspension parts that make the car basically disposable.
I just feel sorry for you.

Why doesBMW trigger the autists of Veeky Forums so much? It's fine to like any car ever as long as it isn't a BMW, that's when the neckbeards crawl out of their basements to scream.
I for one enjoy this butthurt they cause.

Just to add insult to injury, the Skylines that are not GTRs are worth nothing, kind of like 80s-2000s Base model BMWs. The AE86 is worth about the same if not less than a basemodel 80s-2000s BMW. The NSX was a speciality car much like the Z3m, again, prices are very similar between the two. The Supra was a sports car and the base modles again worth nothing compared to the TT supra, much like an E36/E46 M3 vs the LTW/CSL. Same Fucking concept.

Its clear to me you are an idiot and have no clue what in the fuck you are talking about. Base model E30s are going up in value much like every other classic sports car from the 80s.

Just take one fucking second to turn your brain on and think before your autistic ass posts another stupid ass reply.

That's actually one of the things I love most about bmw, knowing how triggered these autists get when they see the bmw emblem as they look out of the bus window

You fucking neckbeard

If you cant afford a $200 cooling system or a $600 suspension upgrade, you dont deserve to own a sports car. End of story. Go drive your honda into the dirt and enjoy neglecting your car. If you actually have a passion and drive for motorvehicles you will chose the best one and price will become a second thought. If you cant find the joy i having to replace or maintain a vehicle so its working to its best optimal performance, than Veeky Forums isnt the right place for you.

The only Anons i see in here looking triggered are the diehard beeemie babies crying about the superiority of a plastic cooling system.

Topkek

name one (1) good BMW car made in the last 25 years

I've had many negative expeiences with an e60 m5. Never again. Got a e30 325is right now. Like an m3, but with a six

See

why is maintenance such a horrible thing?
i like wrenching on my car.
it's like this isn't the lithuanian gravel shoveling forum i once loved.

The worst year for BMW was 06-10. I feel bad for anyone who bought those cars. Absolute trash.

>paid magazine tests

Don't you know you could break a nail. Or worse get dirty working on cars. Ew.

Its no longer a forum for wrenchmonkeys. Just paperwl warriors competing over whos paper stats look better. Lol

An emblem like the one OP posted.
A 5 year old cracked faded crumbling emblem you mean?

Sk a beemer fag whats so horrible about working on their car.
Since they never do it themselves they shouldnt have any answer for you.

Nothing is horrible about working on them. The germans designed the cars rather geniously and everything is rather easy to get to and or take off. Occasionally you will think "why the fuck is this designed that way" but than as you progress through the disassemble you will understand why and be like "damn thise germans are smart"

Its clear YOU have never worked on any of them.

Yes i have and wow! "Those germans are really smart", is not what i concluded.
Have you ever tried to do the oil seperator tube or the or anynof the other evap breather plastic shit. Its rediculoisly stupid and you probably have no idea what the fuck im even talking about due to your stubborn retardedness, you faggot.

I wont even get into all the elctrical problems that they have now and how you have to have a prorietary $10,000+ scan tool to properly service all the computer controlled crap that fails before they reach 70,000 miles.
Look bro, im sorry youre such a stupid compulsive liar but if you own a bmw thats prone to premature failure thats your problem.

Lets see. I rebuilt my E46 M3s S54 as well as an SMG pump and did a full front to back resto on my E36, as far as customers cars go I rebuilt another E36 front to back, aswell as a few E30s and a few E46s, I constantly work on 2002s, Z3s Z4s, e46 E36 E30 E21 E28 E34 E38 8 series etc etc etc. I have all the scanning equipmemt from BMW and actually know most of the guys at our local stealership. The new cars are definitely proprietary but so is every other manufacturer. If you think that they arent you are stupid and arent actually in the car buisness.

And yet here you are again, jumping from talking about one era to talking about another era. As if every BMW or Toyota or Honda is exactly the same over the years. God damn you are a fucking idiot.

Here you are in a thread thats shitting on your precious bmw in a board that had daily bmw hate threadsdaily forever for the rest of time talking about your horrific smg(shits made gay) amputee no clutch pedal transmission.
Just when i though it couldnt get any worse.
Jesus christ!

So having one car have an SMG when the rest are 5/6speeds makes me gay? You know, the same transmission that was exclusively used in the CSL version of the E46 M3, you know, the one that shifts so fast that even the manual version of the car lost in the 0-60 drags and in just about every time test compared to the superior SMG? Please tell me more about the cars youve never driven or owned or worked on. Id love to get a virgin perspective on these. Even more so a google perspective. Please do tell me what google has to say about my car. Fucking pleb.

Yes extremely gay.
No need to further read anymore of your faggotness.

>m-muh japanes classic
The BMW 2002 was the AE86 before the AE86 was even produced.
BMW E30 M3 is the most victorious racing car ever produced.
E36 M3, E46 M3, Z3M, Z4M ran circles around Supras, RX7s, Silvias, Skylines, NSXs.
Not even mentioning the classic grand tourers (M5's, 6 series, 8 series)
There is a reason classic BMWs are so expensive in comparison to Jap trash.

>2002 was ae86 before ae86.

Not really. Toyta was making corolla since the early 70s
And a 2002 is so flimsy and thin and prone to rust that there is barely any of them left.
Theres way more old corollas around than old 2002s and theres a reason for that & that reason is stated above.

>e30 and e36 ran circles around skylines

lol

Actually not entirely correct, while the E30 M3 dominated, the R32 whooped it ass when it was first entered. Than the R32s got weight restrictions and had their balls cut off and than eventually were banned from certain races. Thats why they are called Godzilla is because they conquered every race before they were fucked up by rules and regulations. However the E46 runs laps around the R34, but the E36/E30 would have a tough time with the R32.

Also this is only considering the race versions of these cars, not the street versions. Everything else you said was spot on though.