/eagg/ - East Asian Genocide General - In the Year 2017AD eagg was destroyed

Last thread: Pastebin for newcomers: pastebin.com/d4kmz03P

What we know so far;
-Dynasty Warriors 9 confirmed, Zhou Cang is playable, Shu officer.
-DW9 will be open world. We may or may not get a lot of newcomers. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-Musou Stars is slated for March 30th in Japan, William is the last character.
-Warriors Orochi may or may not be phased out.
-Berserk Musou is out. Thirty frames of carnage at your fingertips.
-Fire Emblem Musou confirmed, Chrom is playable.
-Fate Extella: The Umbral Star is out.
-Sanadamaru confirmed for localization, named Spirit of Sanada and no Vita version
-Godseekers is out. Vita users abandon ship.
-Toukiden II is out and about.
-People from /v/ don't know we're alive. Rally them when the threads pop up.
-As long as no one is being autistic, feel free to discuss anything you think belongs to the general.
-Post more you unfilial cunts.

first for KT decided that japanese dialogue was fine in the english release of toukiden

rip

What can save the /eagg/?

Other general's death

THESE DIGITS

Mediterranean Warriors: A new game by Koei-Tecmo. They have left the familiarity of East Asia and now focus on the history of the Roman Republic. From the Greco-Roman wars, all the way to the Fall of Constantinople take command of the famous generals of classical antiquity, such as Julius Caesar, Gaius Marius, Brennus and forge your destiny. Will you lead the Roman Republic to greatness, or defeat all enemies of the Empire?

I'd buy it

Hey chinkmashers, i dont usually read this thread but i need your advice.

The only game in this genre i've played before is DW6. Beat all campaigns, pretty much gave up after that.
Lately I have been feeling an urge to mash buttons and watch people in silly costumes do wushu.
Which is the game with the most content right now?

I am currently looking at DW8 Extreme Regends Comprete edition. Is this the one i am supposed to buy? It seems to have a lot of DLC, are any of them worth the cost? Right now i am only considering the DW6 costumes due to my past experience in DW6, but perhaps i should be also picking up something else? Or perhaps there's some even more complete edition of the base game entirely?

DW8 is pretty baller, tons of new characters added and they're all good, fresh new graphics.

The only downside is that DW8-Empires is trash compared to the previous versions

Empires is something i dont quite get.

Is it just a standalone game that uses the same engine and animations, but instead of separate missions you pretend to play a strategy game between button mashing?
How does it compare ot DW8? What does it have which DW8 doesn't and vice versa?

You can create your own character in empires.

Nintendo related shitposting

It's the sad truth. Real discussions and friendly shitposting between fans barely moves generals. You need drama and shit flinging to keep this place alive.

>Is it just a standalone game that uses the same engine and animations, but instead of separate missions you pretend to play a strategy game between button mashing?
Exactly

>What does it have which DW8 doesn't and vice versa?
Said free mode and create a warrior, but lacks a story mode.

Lo comprerei anche solo per i memi su Nerone firmato Koei.

Agreed. Nothing else gains more traction than that easily triggered Nintendo hater.

I'd rather have /eagg/ hibernate instead of turning it into/gsg2.0/

>Trying to trigger Nintendo haters by noting how easy to trigger they are.

Post your high scores.

Can I do better?

Shhh don't spoil it dude.

>last thread was a Shu thread
Shu confirmed for nothing but death and despair

what can change the nature of a thread?

A release of an actual musou franchise.

Mare Nostrum would be better. Or something about Hades. Have Hannibal Barca crossing blades with Alexander the Great in hell.

Um... Didn't they already do something like that?

oh wait, that's Greece, not Rome...

I somehow have a hard time telling differences between Greece and Rome.

Yeah, both were super gay

Liu Bei wasn't Roman though

He was secretly a Greek.

>his generics for DW are men
>his ROTK portraits are men
>his blast is this
why do they need to force these twink designs down our throats

>tfw your favourite colour as a kid was green
>instinctively chose to play as Guan Yu at friends house when first playing DW2 while he played as Zhao Yun because he's "the main character"
>grow up favouring Shu through each instalment based on the nostalgia
>all your favourite characters are Shuboys
>get older and realise Shu is actually shit and all your guys are following an idiot and a dickhead and a child rapist

this is not the life i chose

To get more girls into it.

It's more radical and animu and the ladies like it.

>no qt gf who's just as obsessed with ROTK as you are
they're not doing it correctly

That's what yo get for liking green

Who?

Come to Wei son. Wang Yi awaits you. Zhang Liao awaits you. Just cum to Wei.

Yan Liang.

What the fuck?

>Siege weapons are called by their latin names

I get that they're trying to normalize the nomenclature for us filthy gaijin westerners, but why can't they name the weapons after their original Chinese names?

>Come to Wei
>Not "We will show you the Wei"

Xu Zhu is gonna eat me. No Wei man.

No Wei, no Hao

>living the life in the former tribal lands of Meng Huo
>want to recruit new officers to my cause
>See my boy Deng Ai up in Luoyang
>can't recruit outside of my borders
>carve a path of destruction up from the southwest to Luoyang
>rape and pillage my whole way up
>finally try to recruit him
>he says no

>Been working on an attack speed build for toukiden 2

I am god damn unstoppable

he's too proud, better send him and his send back to Luoyang in prison carts to change their minds

I'm sure nothing will happen to them

Liu Bei canonically ate a man.

what's the verdict on toukiden 2?

i'm tempted to get it since i have next week off work and want something new to dive into.
how does it fare against MH?

DELETE THIS

My personal verdict is that I love it. That being said, I also loved kiwami as well and it got... a mixed reception?

It's a lot faster paced than MH as you can see from the webm and there's no armor skills, instead they're put into little pokemon you get from killing oni. It offers a lot more freedom in character builds than MH does though.

It can feel a bit button mashy depending on the weapon you pick (naginata and katana being the worst offenders), but quite a few weapons have a fair amount of strategy to them.

The overworld is really large and is neat enough to explore along with the side quests which generally fall into "kill x" or "fetch x" quests.

The story is actually quite good so far. They tried to make it a bit mature and add political influences in it which, in my opinion, works out in its favor.

Difficulty isn't too bad so far, though I'm still in what the game considers to be the equivalent of low rank from monster hunter. That being said it does pick up in difficulty a bit around chapter / phase 3.

Overall I would give it an 8/10 if Kiwami was a 6/10, it's a very large improvement over the original. I bought it for full price and don't regret it.

suckin Zhang Fei's hairy wang is not the same as frying a man up and having a nice meal

thanks for the rundown.

i'm very seriously considering it now.

the character creation looks about as shit as empires, which is a shame, but i think i can get over that.

how's co-op? is it like a drop-in drop-out kind of deal?
can you play the whole thing in co-op or is the multiplayer portion of the game separate to single player?

Multiplayer acts similar to Monster Hunter in that you make / join lobbies for farming or progression. The mission system is also very similar to monster hunter (key quests to continue to the next rank). I'm not sure if you can traverse the open world in multiplayer or not as I haven't tried. There's a single player version of the multiplayer lobby where you can just play through with some of the many NPCs you gain in the story, which makes the entire game a solo affair should you want it to be.

As someone who's never played monhun before it's pretty good. My main criticism is that movement is binary: you're either moving at full speed or not moving, two versions of sprinting aside. This is mostly coming up because my controller does this thing where the stick gets stuck just enough to the side that it feeds inputs while in neutral.
Oh also the keyboard controls are absolute ass
The equipment system is weird, but that's probably mostly just unfamiliarity at work.

All that being said, bullying oni is, essentially, fun, and there's still no monster hunter games out for PC so.

>naginata
good taste
red buff from regular attacks plus genei jin buff from mitami is basically the best

Delete what? I'm sure they'll be fine.

I just realised there's a demo on the PS store that lets you carry progress into the full game.
Think I'll do that and see how it feels before committing.

Thanks lads.

Can give ye a few tips for the demo if ya want.

Is there a tier list for Toukiden 2 weapons?

wait, as in tiers as in what weapon is generally better then the others? or in terms of gear scaling?

Which weapon is better than the others.

I wouldn't worry about it. They're actually all very powerful when used correctly / used with a proper mitama setup for it. If you really want to minmax your damage bow is probably one of the strongest though.

Well really, it's all up to personal interpretation, one of the common "Fun" builds is an ATK style Knuckle build with SPD as the attack skill. known as, the "JoJo" build.

I dont understand why they can't just add in the edit mode features to regular DW

Money?

i'm all ears.

I mainly use the Katana, but the excessive button mashing and charge timing makes my fingers hurt. Also, I can't help but to think that Gouge is not worth it, it just seems so underpowered and expensive.

Please ally yourselves with the Waifu Dynasty, or be eliminated like Wei and Shu before it.

Gouge is absurdly powerful if you can manage it properly.

If you want something more methodical though try spear, club, bow, or rifle.

I don't see Wang Yi. Not joining.

Tip 1: Aim to clear the single player story till you cannot progress. You'll be able to at least get a basic sense of the general plot.

Tip 2: Do the Multiplayer "Offline" portion. It'll allow you to easly farm some of the Oni (save for the Phytodior), aswell as gain affinity with the story party members.

Tip 3: Your allies affinities are not capped like they were in the 1st game's demo, they can go all the way to "Soulmate" (the highest rank affinity), and along with it, you can get their weapons that are decisively overpowered in the Demo (albet it's just two rifles, a naginata, a chain whip, and an SnS). Also, the offline multiplayer allows you to party with Gwen, who doesn't join the story proper till a bit after the demo prevents you from progressing.

Tip 4: The Phytodior. Arguably, one of the Oni that was most sought out in the demo due to it's elusiveness, it is first found during a quest in the Age of Peace, then later, it is found in a specific location that'll take a while to get used to.

Tip 5: Explore around. While exploring in the single player portion is a little rough, there is a Multiplayer mission that pretty much gives you free reign of a given area (just have to take out three mid oni as the goal). Even the very dangerous areas can easly be traversed. Also, you can farm Oni such as the elusive Shadow Soul and Umbrapod.

Tip 6: If you find an Aurogrinder: GO WILD! Dang thing is rare as balls and can ONLY be found in the single player game.

There's also a decent number of Mitama to collect in the Demo. There is at least one Mitama for each battle style except for LUK (Luck) and PLN (Plunder, but Gwen has that style).

How did we go from this

to this

to this?

>Shadow Soul and Umbrapod.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they only spawn in

1. The area in the westernmost point of Cherry Blossom Road

2. The area where you get Raiden Tame'emon and fight the first Phytodior

3. The area in Hanachiru Village near the place where you meet Siebold

Correct?

Here's a list of Mitama you can get in the Demo:

ATK Minamoto no Yoshitsune (You start with this Mitama)
DEF Fujiwara no Hidesato (Story progression, from an Ogre, most likely your second Mitama)
DCT Yagyu Jubei (Story Progression, from Bruteclaw)

CON Hatsu (Dropped by Ogre)

DEF Ooka Echizen
SPT Toyama Kinshiro (Both dropped by manhunter)

ATK Hasegawa Heizo
SPC Mito Mitsukuni (Both dropped by Windshredder)

SPT Katsushika Hokusai
SUP Lady Fuse (Both drop from Bruteclaw)

DCT Oiwa
SPC Yoshino Dayu (Both from Phytodior)

SPD Soga no Iruka (Shadow Soul)
SPD En no Uzunu (Umbrapod)

DEF Raiden Tame'emon
SPD Iyo
HLG Siebold (These three are from single player quests)

DEF Toyotomi Hideyoshi (from Aurogrinder if you have BS luck and find one)

They can spawn there in the single player game, but you can also find them in the patrol mission - Peace in Multiplayer.

If you don't mind me asking, what's in the Underworld and why does the miasma increase so much when you enter it?

It's OK /eagg/, I forgive you for being tricked by the traitorous forces of Wu & Wei, come walk with me & we can finish the grand task of uniting this land.

It's one of the "Miasma Pool" areas in the game. You aren't able to fully purify the area till far later in the game, but you can make it at least to "Purple" after some story progression... that unfortunately is unavailable to you in the demo.

yo kongming, how's the rain today?

Get the fuck outta here Zhongda, you can't lie to these people anymore, plus I checked the forcast and there's no rain today

Why does he scream, /eagg/?

not entirely sure what all this means, but i'll save them for when i've played a bit and know what you're talking about. thanks!

sure kongming, i heard a lot of good things about your apprentice jiang boyue. I hope he doesn't as disappointing as ma youchang

lol

where is his beam sword

Surely you can understand, the entire Ma Youchang affair was just one piece of my master strategy.

Although a person who can't even string together two sentances may not see this.

Who would be offended the most if they were to see their musou portrayal?

probably Yoshimoto Imagawa.

Dong Zhuo.

zhang he

me

Whoever the gay butterfly dude is

Wei Yan.
>/eagg/meetup.jpg

Han Dang

>/eagg/meetup.jpg
Holy fuck 10 points.

Yoshimoto's SW1 XL story mode was so damn fun. It's a shame he's always been horrible to play as to the point that he's almost unusable.

Because he's the Sui Gu of the Sengoku.

HAN EMPEROR, WE'RE DONG.

That's a lot of Dongs.

As insulting as DW Wei Yan is to the the historical one (I still like him though), I don't think the historical one would be bothered much about it.
>Ha! Look at that. That's how the future vermins see me as. Poor uncultured fools.
is how I think he'd say.