/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

Previous >What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skills, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/forum/6-patch-notes/

>Mod Info
undertow.club/threads/black-desert-online-resorepless-nude-mod.9098/

>Guides, guilds, Olvia Channel FAQ, and other info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E

>EnHANCEMENT it's fucking >ENHANCEMENT< Guide
blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/19/enchanting-and-sockets-guide/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," ask for a guest pass in the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

cassardis.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/cqiCM
imgur.com/a/FZmwV
imgur.com/a/2zvPG
imgur.com/a/n3eKO
imgur.com/a/9K56C
imgur.com/a/jq06Q
imgur.com/a/jA4UM
imgur.com/a/iY50t
imgur.com/a/7wzsn
imgur.com/a/2yqvo
imgur.com/a/5W8Qk
imgur.com/a/XkTwf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Zerk is fun

miau

I saw a tamer that looked just like that at Susans EU yesterday. Seemed autistic, didn't say a single word, and followed me around for the rotation unlike half of the group.

Should have PK'd it

who /still cant decide on a class/ here?

>tfw can only mainline bdo for a month until I have to go be a park ranger
>tfw no internet innawoods chasing off bears and shit

It was fun while it lasted bois

I can't, I've got a warrior, maewha, sorc and dk all to 56 and I'm now leveling a Berserker.

Me! I've pretty much chosen one by sinking a lot of money into its items so I get stuck in the sunken cost fallacy.

Why would you do that? Do you at least get paid well? I love going out innawoods for hiking and shit, but I don't know if I could handle doing it for long periods of time.

for reference, that was my character when I started posting on /bdog/

> sunken cost fallacy.

Fancy meeting such a well-read fellow in these here nether regions!

> Plastic skin
> Eyes that seem ready to be filled by Black Oil
2spooky.

good job you managed to make her worse

Don't forget to milk your cows.

First for G R I N D B O Y S

i got pvp'd and died

I got PvP'd while auto walking last night. I was pretty sad.

cringe

can we mix & match costumes and still get the exp bonus ?

no

u look like a fat prostitute

Sorry, I'm already married

pls

Cows can't get married

Post your gear

I posted mine yesterday though!

If you have enough money, pick up PRI Blue Coral Earrings. Same AP as your witches and a lot cheaper.

Sell Witch afterwards and then you'll have some extra silver for upgrading other stuff.

My gear is absolute shit

am and i'm so close i can taste it

>+15 helm
>PRI chest
>DUO gloves

Better to prioritize chest and helmet, get more DP out of it that way.

>duo-ing green armor
>when you still have a +15 offhand

Or, as someone else said, just get roaring armor and not waste money on chest until tree armor, you can get roaring at lvl 56

It's hard getting PRI Blue Coral though, I've been watching the market trying to get some for a while now.

>nouver on a wizard/witch
u srs m8

I got full grunil before I found out roaring was a thing qq

Yeah, basicly a free duo chest piece with accuracy bonus.
Can't really go wrong with that.

Gotta love how veterans in my guild start bragging about how "easy" it was to get their TET shit, and influence noobs into blowing their hard earned fine accesories with low failstacks. They're so rotten jesus christ, this poor girl just threw all her money into a PRI seraph and was left with nothing, I think she is uninstalling now.

why the hell do you have a rosar dagger on a wizard

>inb4 memes

For the Evasion and DP. It's a lot better in PvP for my playstyle.

Honestly anything over 180 AP on a Wizard/Witch is overkill anyhow because of our natural AP bonuses.

>the only way to progress is through failure
Better to learn from others failure then repeating it over and over while expecting something to change other then by blind luck.

>ap
>cc resist
>bad

ah, fair enough

Yeah i think i'm gonna try a musa, from looking at videos it should be just about what i want.
Everyone keeps saying it is great at grind speed too.

Yay, new thread! How is everyone doing?

I wish I had the gear to be what my goal is in this game. I just want to be the ultimate glass cannon. Highest AP possible.

When you guys say do the black spirit quests, do you mean the quests underneath the main header or the suggested one?

Just came to a conclusion that the official servers suck ass an I'm moving to Ogre fest

The ones under main.

ogrefest servers are easily 10x worse, not considering the fact that they're also dead

Ok, thank you, and should I do the inventory expansion quests too?

>private servers for a game that has no monthly fee
I will never understand this.

WoW, FF14 I can understand.

But BDO? GW2? MMOs like that, that have no monthly fee?

I do not understand.

>new players enhancing accessories
retards

Yeah, I do them on all my characters, even if I'm not planning to main them.

Free extra inventory is never bad.
Most of them are fairly short quests too.

free cash shop currency dufus
free games are wayyyyy more expensive than than games with a monthly fee, $15 a month is nothing unless you're a poor brazilian or underaged, to succeed ina free game you need to blow tons of cash or play like fucking years.

Wouldn't it be more cost effective to go AP offhand + DP accessories instead of DP offhand + AP accessories?

>play like fucking years

Yeah, and you're wasting those years of gains on a server that has less players than a single channel of this dead game.

Very few good alternatives to build evasion on accessories.

ogrefest gives away full PEN gear, i.e. there's balanced pvp

>play ranger
>oh how lucky! That one big group with 10+ monsters all together there for me!
>start spamming attacks, jumping and shit
>monsters keep resetting

Because the experience will help towards my end goal as a police officer

EVASION

>gives away full PEN gear
>balanced pvp
wat

you're gonna quit eventually, wasting a month in a private server is no big deal

It's a choice, not saying it's optimal, but you literally said "I do not understand", there's a reason to play that, if you don't like it that's a different topic entirely.

How do I get my gift package rewards? I bought the game for a friend, and I didn't get shit, where do I choose the bear or the pearls? he is lvl 55 already, and on the refer a friend page I get a 1k loyalties thing, but not the pearls.

It takes a couple of days to register, but you get it on the account page where you claimed the other stuff you get with the game. Make sure you friend logs off or changes channels.

how fun is sorc awakening?

I don't know man, I quit and only play every so often, but those returning player rewards are pretty good for people that only play in bursts.

The same as every other awakening in the game: SHIT. I can't wait for second awakenings to fix this dog shit 3 button game they've made with awakenings.

is there any point in getting evasion if i'm only level 58? or are all the level 60s+ going to hit me anyways

I think Sorc awakening is pretty fun

how well will a 75 dp level 58 wizard with 185 AP do?

If you get knockdown you will die.

I already die from 1 knockdown with 215 dp

Yeah but he will die from just about any mob he can grind for reasonable exp/drops if he gets knockdown.

What are the requirements to unlock daily boss scroll quests?

So far I only get Red Nose and Witch, despite having the knowledge for some other bosses. Do I have to wait for the weekly reset or something?

don't just spam R when you receive the daily, there are several quests you can accept

Do they really? I tried asking them about something similar since the marketplace is 150% dead, and they told me to fuck off

INCOMING
ERP valk cassardis.imgur.com/
Titty Kuno imgur.com/a/cqiCM
Milfsorc imgur.com/a/FZmwV
Cyclops imgur.com/a/2zvPG
Tattoo imgur.com/a/n3eKO
DrowLewds imgur.com/a/9K56C
CutestTamer imgur.com/a/jq06Q
Horsefucker imgur.com/a/jA4UM
Creepshots imgur.com/a/iY50t
LewdTattooSorc imgur.com/a/7wzsn
FutaMistress imgur.com/a/2yqvo
Mayyd imgur.com/a/5W8Qk
Elf#276 imgur.com/a/XkTwf

What do you guys do while doing semi-afk things like cooking or fishing?

play fun games
starcraft 2 and civ 5 recently

I wish I could get into the Civ games, but they're too similar to mobas to me.

There's guns in Black Desert Online?
When did this happen?!

Recently I had to do a lot of processing, and then market babysitting. And during that time I often have a cell phone game running such as kings raid. Or I watch streams on my second monitor, recently I played through tales of berseria and berserk of the hawk, next will be nier. And by then hopefully my boat will be done I have to start grinding again soon.

What are you working on?

I'm grinding combat levels for my dark knight and it's pretty fun.

rifles were in game since release

a sorc preset
this is suffering

>Kings Raid
Is that any good? browsed a few vids and looks like a generic afk rpg where you have to spend several hundreds on gacha to get anywhere... or blow some cash shop currency to reset dungoen entries when there's some super duper special hero upgrade event.

I just hate stupid time limitations,

finishing my warrior awakening quests

please kill me, i have to run fucking everywhere and my weapon will be +0 when i finally get it

i'll have to spend like 35mil to get it to DUO

maintaining my sanity after making a very bad decision

How do you manage to get to 56 without saving up enough to buy at least a TRI green awakening?

you mean money-wise or experience-wise?

trying to get a kzarka box

buy it at +15 and get it to TRI on your own

Both, but ofc i forgot to remember the fact that newbies can easily get to 56 in a few hours on Olvia if they have half a functioning brain.

tfw lauren boxes and the accessory box on monday will decide if I quit until dk awakening or keep playing