Questions that don't deserve their own thread / QTDDTOT

Previous Can you adjust the seats on 2-seater cars like the miata and mr2?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vC8LbvYk6es
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1eBlGcsSR8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Planning on buying a BRZ as my first manual and rwd car for DD.
Obviously I would practice manual on a shitter car or at a dealership test drive before driving this.

Is the purchase an okay idea?

Yes. However, the extent that you can adjust the seats may be limited compared to larger vehicles with more interior room.

I guess, but I would personally buy a used 2013 or maybe 2015 model for much cheaper.

Wouldn't I want to be sure the clutch is good so when I fuck up a few times it won't be that bad, I thought everyone hates getting used cars here because of previous owners fucking shit up.

Do you need a mechanic to check a used car before buying? Is there a list online of everything they generally check? I know to look for crooked panels, frame damage, etc. but don't think that's enough.

Want to buy a $1000 piece of shit from CL, fix it up and maybe put some bolt-on's, and then perhaps take it to the local dirt oval and race the 4 banger competitions. Is this a good idea?

Try to check everything yourself first, unless you don't have the proper tools. If you don't have time or if you want to leave it up to a mechanic, then by all means take it there.

Does anybody make steering wheels that accommodate 9 and 3 properly?

It seems like everything is 10 and 2 nonsense, and I'm not a fan.

I can smoke the fuck out of any off you fags ITT in my 2000 EK hatch with a couple of simple mods.

You at least get props for effort, reaction time could be better though. Need to get to at least top 3, open more windows.

How do you tell if a question deserved a thread?

I need a comfy(ish) boring, reliable FWD shitbox for commute/travel and I'm considering a few options. In the range of $3,000-$8,000, Would y/o/u rather:

2002+ Nissan Maxima
>manual option
>potential to be cheapest and most powerful on the list

2007+ Saturn Aura XR
>lowest price relative to mileage/age
>more or less a Saturn Malibu

2007+ Toyota Camry/Avalon V6
>most refined interior
>subject to insane price/mileage ratio

2006+ Honda Accord V6
>manual option
>"it's basically an NSX" rice tax

Get an Integra GSR, those things are fucking bulletproof

t. owned one as a first car, crashed it so many times trying to get hektik, still ran like a champ for a long time

Jack failed while doing my summer oil change and it bottomed out kinda hard. Now the car makes a loud pop when making a sharp turn. What could I have broken anons?

Check your wheel bearings/CV shaft/ball joints/shocks

This is the most important question in the thread. It might even be worth it's own thread but I can't tell because no one is answering

Isn't the Integra one of the most stolen cars ever?

Accord probably, but the civic hatch tightly grips the "fun FWD under 5k but I need to put shit in it too" trophy with it's tight underpaid hands and it's not letting go any time soon.

Thanks user rip my wallet. I hope it's just a tie rod/ball joint

i had an idea of turbocharging a naturally aspirated diesel 1987 f250 with a 6.9idi

now from what i have read and gathered is this engine was never designed for boost, and giving it more than 18 pounds while staying bone stock ends in tears.

The engine bay despite being large as fuck, is cramped with this fuck huge engine and a mess of auxiliary stuff. So i had an idea of doing a remote turbo setup. But i have no idea what size of turbo i would need that could supply this engine with a constant 6-7 pounds of boost, nor what would work for a remote turbo setup.

I had dreamed of making this some wierd twin turbo monster, or possibly a franken ricer twin-twin charge turbo thing. but i have no idea how twin turbos work with waste gates and stuff, or how that would work with a diesel, or how to even size a turbo for a diesel.

I have turbo charged a gas engine, but never even worked with a diesel, so i dont know where to even start. I was hoping to do all this to the truck on a tight budget, and do all the welding/fabrication myself as a present to my father, since its his truck, but just thinking about it i have no idea what a turbo does for a diesel in comparison to the turbo on my car.
pic related, its the type of engine.
help?

I got a serious oil problem with my Audi A4 1998 1.6 LPG that i purchased recently.
The oil level was in the middle between the MAX and MIN marks a week ago, now it's right at the MIN mark.
There is no oil in the engine bay, no leaking underneath and i don't believe there is any blue smoke, even when you start the motor.
I got an oil change done using 5W-30, could that be the cause? Thanks.

who would win 11 door slamming ghosts or one screw driver

Alright I've had it with my wrx. I've been trying to find this vacuum leak for weeks but can't pinpoint the location. The car doesn't even show any signs other than a slight dip in rpms coming to a stop if I just coast to neutral opposed to downshifting...

Intake fluid and soapy water hasn't helped... any ideas? Could an exhaust leak potentially cause this issue? (I should check if I have an exhaust leak).

How hard is it for a person with little experience working on cars to replace break pads, rotors and break lines? I kind of wanna do it myself

I drive an integra gsr

easy as fuck

Dunno about prev. gens, but ND Miata has back angle, seat angle, forward/back. When you slide forward it rises a bit.

Worth it to go for a manual even though all ive driven is an auto?

learn on a pile of trash car. like the shittiest, cheapest manual car you can find. once you're proficient, buy a manual car you like.

Nearly impossible to fuck up. Just don't pinch the brake line and bungee it to the shock or whatever. Also get a tool to push the piston back in the caliper. You should also try to bleed them after or get them bled if your not comfortable with doing that.

Ill do that but i more mean is it worth it over an auto still not to start an auto vs manual argument.

>burn cd
>car can only read the first 8 tracks out of 16
whats up with this shit? have tried multiple methods of burning and it always shits itself at the start of track 9

Hell yeah, its really not as hard as many people make it out to be. I only started daily driving manual a few months ago, but now when I drive any automatic car I just feel unsafe and like I'm not in control.

Also, its fun and interesting.

>change valve cover gaskets on my impreza
>didn't use any silicon because some of the videos I watched didn't mention it nor did any manuals
Am I dumb for not doing so? I mean it stopped leaking oil.

Does it read right in your computer?

Kind of depends. Over all the reasons that could be said, if you really really want to learn then yes it is.

where can I buy something like pic related, but that accep several types of engines?

Yeah, but that can easily be remedied with a quick release steering wheel. Just take it off whenever you park it and hide it somewhere in the car. Although, people have come up with electronic wizardry and made hidden buttons and shit.

DIY

Basically you need any welder, angle grinder (125/150mm), power drill

maybe 50% of the time, i think my cd writer is fucked because some discs come out with 0 data written and others come out really faint

I think I might buy an already made one and just make like the top most part of it for each engine

Why isn't there a nissian general? Need to post about my s15 (:

His list in the description is actually pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=vC8LbvYk6es

Plus
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1eBlGcsSR8

When I'm idling in neutral and when I'm driving I hear a fluttering sound. It gets louder and faster as the RPMs rise. The sound goes away completely when I depress the clutch pedal. What could it be?

The lock on the driver door of my 08 VW GTI just spins. Completely loose. Do I
>fix it? If so, how?
>Find a working matching lock mechanism at a salvage yard? And if so, wouldnt that mean I need a new key too?
>just take it to a dealership and have them fix it at the cost of letting them fuck me

Second dumb question: where's the best place to find a repair manual for my car? Anyone know of any torrents or anything? Or even a cheap place to buy them? They're pretty expensive. $100 on Amazon.

Start one. It may catch on.

I did. :]

good luck my dude

So I been driving a month and a half after a new oil change and my oil doesn't seen to go down. Also I drove 6 hour before I change the oil and it's doesn't drop. My guess is there something wrong in the engine. What are other possible things that wrong with it?

>Happy birthday dad, I destroyed your truck.
Maybe you shouldn't?

Twin turbo, twin twin charge turbo is probably too complicated. It also doesn't make sense. You want to run 6 psi, you don't need two turbos for that.

I would look for a turbo for like a 4 liter engine if all you need is 6 psi. I'm just guessing here.
You could cut a hole in the hood and stick the turbo out the top, or remote mount it under the truck.

Took a turn too fast in my shitbox and slid around the corner. Is the fun police going to take me away in the night?

Was your oil hot when you checked it the first time and cold the second time?

Also, every engine will burn some oil. A quart every 3-4000 miles isn't too abnormal for an older car.

Well the thing is, i've been checking it everyday for that week since i noticed i had a dry dipstick(topped it up then).
Whenever i checked the oil, i hadn't driven the car for at least 12 hours and i assure you i hadn't driven anywhere near that much.

Have a somewhat large scratch on my newly acquired 06 impreza. I don't know how it got there, might be from previous owner. However, I cant feel it. The surface is completely smooth. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be, and if so, how I could fix it?

>find good deal on 92 Grand Marquis
>not listed on Veeky Forums guide but other versions are
>it's the first year of it's generation, which I've read is a problem
I-is it still a good car

Regarding MegaSquirt ECUs.

Can i use a MS (piggyback) with any modern (95+) cars ECU? Or is there only certain ECUs it will support, so instead i would have to buy a Standalone MS ECU.

I ask because i want to be able to buy a shitbox, turbo it and run a MS to control it.. Then a year or two later - i want to buy a different shitbox and turbo it and so on and so forth.

Is MS the right choice for me?

What's the Jay Leno episode with Doug DeMuro?
I can't find it

As long as you have the money and dedication go ahead as long as you have another car as a daily

Please keep the 6.9 NA so as to save an IDI engine from blowing up prematurely. It'll probably be less of a hassle and definitely safer to swap in a turbo 7.3 lol

Bought car parts on ebay a month ago and the guy said "oops the shipping costs went up, can't send your item" what can I do? I REALLY want the fucking item

>Complaining about an engine not consuming oil
How old is vehicle? Did it burn oil before?
If there's oil on the underside of the fill cap after
you run it and it's not a turbo I wouldn't worry

you probably rubbed against a bush or other shrubbery
if no scratch it will buff out

>just a cooler crown vic
you're good

tell him to stop being an hysterical jew and threaten to report him to amazon for false listing/ fraud if he doesn't send part
alternative: tell his cheap ass to use a different carrier

Tell him you want a full refund.

eBay sellers are very concerned about their ratings, warn him about that.

Guy claims to be in the hospital and will "check his notes" on how much the shipping went up, like I said I want the item more than the money. What is the protocol here? The dude charged money for the item and money for shipping, then says he hasn't taken the money out of PayPal and it isn't enough to cover ups or FedEx anyways.

At what point does ebay step in?

Buddy has a Foxbody GT, convertible, not sure what year.

He bought it for 3k, wants 3k.

Is that fair?

Just ask for a refund from PayPal. Or disputebit with eBay. What's the item in question? Surely it's not worth getting ripped off (because that's exactly what he's doing).

What the seller is doing is against eBay rules. He is also totally bulshitting you on the hospital thing.

Remind him about the terms and conditions that he agreed upon, and that if he can't hold up his end of the bargain, that you are going to dispute it with eBay.

Idc how much you care about this item, this is a scam.

If hes taken the money he has to ship the item. Its not your concern shipping now costs more and he cant afford it. You paid however much it cost to get it shipped when you bought it and he is obliged to ship it.

if he keeps fucking about contact ebay or paypal.

You, as the buyer, have the advantage in this situation. He is trying to take advantage of your goodwill or whatever, because he knows he can't get you on any technicalities. You have to be ruthless on the internet because people (including him especially) will try to scam you at every turn. Either dispute it and get your money back, or tell him to ship it at his loss. He might not even have the item, and will never ship, and is just stalling so you can't dispute the purchase.

You are about to get scammed, please stop letting yourself get cucked.

Then yeah it's just not writing right. Might try on another device to be sure. Could be the program too.

You don't need the item you dumb nigger. Anything that isn't necessary for your car to operate isn't needed. And if it is and you really don't care about money then you'll just go to your nearest dealer.

How does Veeky Forums feel about aftermarket LED headlights? I recently bought a 2015 Fusion SE but I really like the new LED running lamps in the 2017 models.

Hey guys I'm looking at buying a 80s Nissan s12 gazelle, does anyone have any experience with these cars? Are they shit to work on any gremlins known bad rust areas?

Have you checked the idle air control valve?

Does anyone know if 2nd gen s10s use any sae fasteners? If only come across metric so far but some american cars use both.

Trying to figure out which tool set to buy for it.

Unless you are completely retarded any clutch shoukd be fine for learning

What the fuck is "steering feel"?

Are 5.3 truck engines good for making moderate amounts of power (~400-450)? Do they mate up with other LS mating transmissions? Is there a large aftermarket or is it non-existent?

Damn it, it's gonna take 4 days for ebay to step in with the refund shit... I doubt this guy is going to respond. Does ebay give me money back?

Should I buy a 2013-14 Mazda3 Touring for around 10 grand or should I buy something else for around that amount?

This piece of shit worth it? Has missing title btw.

Yes to all

>Should be

>automatic
Bruh

Looks like it's a pass, boys.

My car from 1999 makes a beeping noise when put into reverse, and it's incredibly annoying.

No, it does not have any sensors, and it does not have a rear camera. You cannot hear the sound from outside the car.

How do I get rid of this?

What is the best new car for under 20k? An older lady in my family is looking to buy a new car and was asking for help deciding what she should get.
My mom has been pushing the Kia Soul, I have recommended the Chevy Cruze and Honda Fit, and she seems to like the Chevy Sonic.

Here are the requirements in no particular order.
>Must have good safety ratings
>Must seat 5 with at least decent leg room/general comfort
>Decent rear storage with the seats up is preferred
>Hatchbacks are preferred for some reason
>Must be available with automatic transmission within the 20k budget
>Navigation system highly preferred and rear backup camera is required
>She isn't exactly tech savvy so unneeded apps, driving modes, etc are not really plusses and would probably just drive up cost

>should be easy to start

lmao

I need to change all the brake hardware on my Volvo 240, non-ABS. Are "organic" brake pads a decent fit, also considering I drive pretty unhurriedly?

I don't know what I'm talking about I just think he should know whether or not it starts and be honest if it doesn't.

Stupid image size limits, had to crop this to hell and back to be able to post it
Anyway which is better? I dont care about "muh bass" and all that nigger-tier stuff. Got both for free, ill probably put the cheaper one in if there's not a major difference. Might just sell both

I feel a bit of vibration in the wheel with moderately heavy breaking at speeds of about 100km/h+. Nothing crazy but definitely something. Also their is a very slight oscillating squeak that comes from my front right side of my car. You can only hear it when you pass something that sound can be bounced off of. Really weird, i don't think it's the brakes sticking. Have felt my rotors multiple times after long drives and they all feel the same temperature. Idk how good of an analysis that is.

Wanting to transfer a title to my name today, but forgot ypu have to fill out a form here. Previous owner has to sign it. I could probably get him to, but i wanted this done today. Office closes in an hour. Forging his signature wont matter right? He already signed the title and gave it to me, and his signature looks easy af to forge

Don't be a fucking idiot, forging a signature is taken seriously and you WILL be prosecuted.

Just wait until tomorrow.

I know, but the cars already been sold to me. I have the title, and his signature on the title is basically a circle. A blind person could forge it properly. The only way they could find out its forged is if they contact the guy to ask if he sold it, and i doubt theyd do that

Flip a coin.

How do I learn stick without knowing anybody with one.

Do you know how to read? They literally tell you how things are going to go down when you start the claim. Either he'll wait until the last second and refund your money, or he'll keep it. Then ebay will refund your money, delete his account, and go after him for the money back.

Rent one. Or steal one if you're not a pussy.